What is the difference between thse two scouted players:

scenario1 - similar stats

Player A

current ability - 2,5 stars

potential ability - 3 stars

Player B

current ability - 2 stars

potential ability - 4 stars

Does that mean that the player A i better developed at the moment but the player B has bigger potential in the future? Does it mean that the plaer A will get his stats better only a little (0,5 stars) while player B will develop hugely (2 stars) ?

scenario 2 - similar stats

Player A

current ability - 3 stars

Player B

current ability - 5 stars

potential ability - 5 stars

Is there any difference between these two as both have similar stats and both are already developed to max as there is no difference bewteen their current and potential ability? If the current and potential ability are same for a given player, does it mean he will not develop anymore?

Some general questions:

- should I focus on my scouts description such as "could lead him to becomming a decent / good / leading player" or stars are the only think I should worry bout?

- why 90% of scouted players are max 2,5 stars ??? It seems to me that it's a bloody miracle if I find a 3 or 3,5 stars player, not to mention 4/5 one, lal

- what's the point of hiring more scouts if one can scout all?

- what's the point of scouting if my scouts gives a player 3 stars and when I sign him the report says 4/5 stars for example?

- what is the difference between a bad and a good scout? (judging potential / judging ability)

- what's the point of keeping youth team if 95% of them has max 1 star in the potential tab? Is there any reason I should keep them or should I release them ASAP?

Well with my limited knowledge of this at the mo....

scenario1 - similar stats

Player A

current ability - 2,5 stars

The first player could still be as good if the second is at the bottom of the scale. The first would reach full PA on the stats that count, like Tackling and Heading ect...

scenario1 - correct

scenario 2 - correct but although the stats seem similar, Player B probably has them in a better place or higher hidden stats in the opinion of your scout. For whatever reason, he thinks player B is a better player, but yes, both are unlikely to improve.

- should I focus on my scouts description such as "could lead him to becomming a decent / good / leading player" or stars are the only think I should worry bout?

It depends how good your scouts are. They could be very wrong.

- why 90% of scouted players are max 2,5 stars ??? It seems to me that it's a bloody miracle if I find a 3 or 3,5 stars player, not to mention 4/5 one, lal

Your scouts actively try to look for realistic targets and are therefore unlikely to suggest a player you have no hope of signing.

- what's the point of hiring more scouts if one can scout all?

2 opinons are better than 1 and 3 opinions are better than 2 etc.

- what's the point of scouting if my scouts gives a player 3 stars and when I sign him the report says 4/5 stars for example?

Your coaches also have CA and PA judging ability. The coach could be wrong because of this.

- what is the difference between a bad and a good scout? (judging potential / judging ability)

Good scouts are more likely to be accurate.

- what's the point of keeping youth team if 95% of them has max 1 star in the potential tab? Is there any reason I should keep them or should I release them ASAP?

It won't cost you any more to keep them because you would have to pay them compensation to release them. Just release them at the end of their contract.

Archived