Sportsmanship is dead

I don't know if this is a known bug, but i keep seeing a player kick the ball out of play only for the opposition team not return the ball and instead go on the attack. I just played Man City and they kicked it out with Richards down injured, and we took the throw and nearly scored from the same sequence of play. And i've seen it in many more instances.

Either i've built a team of complete ****'s :D or i think it's something that should probably be fixed with the patch.

To be honest, teams shouldn't kick the ball out in the Premier League anyway (unless it's a head injury, i believe). It's for the referee to decide when the game is stopped. Now you could say that the opposition are well in their rights to carry on, which they are, but you don't really see it in real life. Teams either don't kick it out, or if they do the opposition returns the ball.

In reality though the ball is almost always returned. If this is not happening in the game then it is surely a bug.

At the end of the day, the game is trying to simulate what happens on the pitch, and that would include the ball being returned. It should be posted in the bugs forum.

• 3 weeks later...

It's brutal......I can't buy a win with Borussia Monchengladbach...a Frankfurt player gets injured, my goalie kicks it out of bounds....Frankfurt throws it in and scores!! I have seen the lack of sportsmanship for months now and it's only bit me a few times.............there are worse bugs that can happen, but since this frustration is fresh I wanted to mention it as well.

Yeah, I've noticed that my team doesn't kick the ball out unless it's one of our own that's injured, but I'm not exactly worried about this. To be honest, if I were a real manager, I'd show them footage of Sutton scoring a goal against Arsenal right after they'd try to put the ball out so their player could receive treatment and tell them this is the mentality I want them to take towards the game.

Archived