Would you skip FM09 if SI continued making patches and data updates for FM08?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne:

I would skip FM09. If so. Imagine how well balanced match engine would be and "bug free"(not possible IRL) FM08 would be at the time of FM09 release. icon_eek.gif And how all those new bugs in FM09 would take joy out of it. icon_mad.gif

(My native language is not English.) icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately if SI didn't bother bringing more games out and just kept brining out patches for the current game they would go bust and there would be no more FM.

We'd all be forced to resort to Championship Manager and none of us wants that do we?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I am simply not capable of restraining myslef from buying the next issue.

I have moaned but let's be honest about this. I will be buying FM09 on thye day of release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Late starter huh.

I'll be pre-ordering it from play.com and getting it atleast 2 days early icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne:

I would skip FM09. If so. Imagine how well balanced match engine would be and "bug free"(not possible IRL) FM08 would be at the time of FM09 release. icon_eek.gif And how all those new bugs in FM09 would take joy out of it. icon_mad.gif

(My native language is not English.) icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately if SI didn't bother bringing more games out and just kept brining out patches for the current game they would go bust and there would be no more FM.

We'd all be forced to resort to Championship Manager and none of us wants that do we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't suggest put an end to making FM. Maybe something like 1 FM per 2 seasons.

Quality icon14.gif

quantity icon13.gif

Because it's the new FM and we NEED it icon_smile.gif

We also need to play it from day 1 to ensure those problems which occur do get fixed.

The whine that you are all unpaid testers doesn't hold water, most developers would ignore it or at best add it to next years fix list.

SI try to get it right.

nobody is forcing you to buy the latest release when it hits the shelves. if you dont want to buy it, then dont! plenty of us will buy it though, and keep buying it, because its still miles ahead of anything else, even with the bugs!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Many people still paying 7.0.2 because it's so good. Why bother to buy new FM every year when it takes over 6 monts after release to get it fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could be because they're just tight icon_smile.gifor because they still get enough out of it to not need a change yet.

When you say many, have you done a survey? or are you making a huge assumption?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Many people still paying 7.0.2 because it's so good. Why bother to buy new FM every year when it takes over 6 monts after release to get it fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I've gotten ten times as many hours of gameplay out of the CM/FM series as I have from any other game franchise.

Because I know how hard SI work, and how hard they strive for perfection - even if they inevitably fall short.

Because I have the disposable income to support their work.

Because I have no illusion that they can afford to makes patches for me for free.

Because I want to ensure that SI don't go bankrupt, so that they can continue to improve the game.

So I funnel them my $40 a year and am pleased to do consider myself a supporter - even if I'm too attached to a save-game in one of the previous versions to rush out and play the latest version immediately.

FM09 would be the same as a "1 year later" FM08 patch. They have released patches with features added before...

What you should be suggesting is that FM09 goes light on new features and instead looks at refining what's there, which I might support.

Now I wouldn't. Even when some of the features aren't particularly awe inspiring, they still add something to the game.

Even though I currently consider it better, I could never go back to 7.0.2 as I would miss the coach reports, the improved bonus system, being able to set pitch dimensions, and confidence, even though it doesn't work all too well at present.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

FM09 would be the same as a "1 year later" FM08 patch. They have released patches with features added before...

What you should be suggesting is that FM09 goes light on new features and instead looks at refining what's there, which I might support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be in favour of a "work on what's there" approach too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Even though I currently consider it better, I could never go back to 7.0.2 as I would miss the coach reports, the improved bonus system, being able to set pitch dimensions, and confidence, even though it doesn't work all too well at present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After a short while you probably would get into fm 07 again, there is not an awfull lot you miss out on. Maybe I go install fm 07 until the next patch comes out, as I like to play a as good as possible good working game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew K:

I plan to skip FM09 if SI doesn't patch up FM08. It would be shameless if they didn't considering all the noticeable bugs in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've already said they will, how could you not know that?

Many people still paying 7.0.2 because it's so good. Why bother to buy new FM every year when it takes over 6 monts after release to get it fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we're not going to see a 7.0.3 are we so unless you want to update it yourself, you would buy FM 09, and although you say you won't i an guarantee that you will buy it through sheer temptation icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kriss:

They've already said they will, how could you not know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly they didn't send me an email telling me they would.

Every year I tell myself that I will continue with the current version and not buy the new one

Every year I try the demo and am usually disappointed because of what I describe as unmissable bugs

Every year I continue to play the demo past the new version release

Every year I wait till the first patch is released, still saying that I will not buy the new version

Every year I buy the new version

Every year I tell myself that I will continue with the current version and not buy the new one

And so on.......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emmenaar:

What if SI makes "Season 09 update + bug fixes + data update + new features" and you can download it after paying 20 quid?

I'll buy FM2009. And every next FM until I get bored of playing FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, so the difference between that and "FM09" is what?

Branding. Simple as that. FM09 is FM08 season 09 update + bug fixes + new features.

Of course, I do wish they'd look at a digital distribution service in the UK too.

Archived