Liverpool Takeovers

Depends.

I had three different games.

1 game I didn't get taken over (the game I'm currently playing). I think it's because I haven't spent a lot of money and made truck loads. There was a bid two seasons ago by Christian Parslow but it fell through.

2nd game I got bought and was saddled with a bigger debt.

3rd game I got a sugar daddy.

I'm in 2014 (maybe 2015 can't remember) in my game and I've yet to get a new stadium.

In my current game I'm in 2013 and they are in the process of a takeover.

Yeh same year, eventually after a few months Parslow took over (around 180mil i think he paid to take control or something) and yeh, nothing has changed, he even said that no new investments will take place and look to build on what is currently there or something.

has anyone had a fans buyout, i've had one with newcastle and they took out a loan of 30m to buy the club so i ended up owing ashley 100m and the banks 30m. also in that game liverpool were taken over by a consortium who bought it using the banks so they are now in the process of selling torres and gerrard as the debt is to much for a club outside the top 4 (and rafa has still not been sacked for missing the top four, 3 seasons in a row)

In my save on Dafuge's Challenge Liverpool got taken over by a English Tycoon in October 2012 (created another save to carry on with at a later date). They spent around £100million in Jan 2013 and finished 3rd I think, cant remember off top of my head. No news on Stadium at the mo, but on other saves Ive seen them move into Rush Arena and Rush Park around 2017-2020

In my save on Dafuge's Challenge Liverpool got taken over by a English Tycoon in October 2012 (created another save to carry on with at a later date). They spent around £100million in Jan 2013 and finished 3rd I think, cant remember off top of my head. No news on Stadium at the mo, but on other saves Ive seen them move into Rush Arena and Rush Park around 2017-2020

I hate Rush, he always interfers with my team, get lost!

I'm in 2015 and we got taken over by a tycoon at the back end of the season.

Cleared all debt, upgraded youth, upgraded training ground and gave me 150million to spend at the start of the new season.

No mention of a new ground yet which is what I'm really hoping for.

For the record, I have never ever been over taken by a tycoon before and have certainly never been given so much money or investment. I have managed liverpool countless times for the last 15 years, roughly, on all different versions of CM/FM.

I got taken over by a consortium but finances didnt really change, i was still paying off bank loans and once 1 was paid off. I got a message indicating another was being taken out. However this was to fund a new stadium, that was named after me! XD

End of my 10th year when this happened.

I was taken over by Christian Purslow at the end of the 2012/13 season. He said that there would be no investment after buying the club for around £180m. Even though he said this I had a look at the loan. The loan was basically gone (paying 12.5k a month) but I had no news item about it. I was also given 70m to spend in the transfer market. Thats going towards my new stadium though :D

I'm currently in 2013/2014 season with liverpool and still i haven't been taken over and i'm in big need of a cash injection but tom hicks won't plough any in at all and doesn't look like theres a takeover coming soon.

I'm in December 2014/January 2015. Construction has started on Rush Arena (65,000 seater stadium) costing approx £250 million.

No takeover as of yet, Tom Hicks still very much an ever present. Not too bad tho, in 5 seasons have managed to win 5 league titles, 2 champs leagues, 3 League cups, 1 FA cup, 5 Charity Shields, 2 Super Cups and 2 World Club Championships. Not too bad I suppose. Really looking forward to the extra income the new stadium will bring in.

Why in the world is Purslow taking over Liverpool? He's the current Managing Director. Surely, unless he's found £500m+ behind the sofa, there must be someone else behind him?

Myself, i couldn't be bothered to wait in hope for Hicks and Gillett to sell up and leave - i have enough of that in real life - so i just used the editor to give myself semi-rich owners from the beginning. I never get very far in games so i want to get into it from the very first season. Although i did put no transfers on for the first window so i could use the current squad for the first campaign.

On my game I got took over by a english tycoon in 2013 but Hicks & co had invested another loan in a new stadium in 2012 named in my honour (Paynter Stadium) after 3 successive Champs League & Premierships. So i guess it depends on success. Either way still have three loans. Two original ones from hicks & co and the one for the stadium. But the tycoon keeps investing money so I don't go in the red that and he gave me 110m for new players last summer. I'm just finishing 13/14 season.

Archived