+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ass Man attending press conferences

Semi Pro

Default Ass Man attending press conferences

I get bored when i play for 2 or 3 stratght hours and i have to make 10 press conferences always with the same questions, but i'm afraid that if i send the assistant manager to do the talking he will say something that's not good for the morale. So anyone has some tips about what are the stats that can make an assistant manager a good talker? (should be motivation and some more i guess)

Amateur

Default Re: Ass Man attending press conferences

This isn't a bug report, so moving it to General Discussion.

Banned

i try to get motivation and tactical knowledge as high points.

Semi Pro

I've found that there's no noticeable difference really since the answer-reaction relations are mostly random anyway. I've always had my assistant do them in both 09 and 10 and there hasn't been too much trouble with it. In fact I tend to forget they're even there at all. You might get something once or twice a season that will upset a player or two but that's a fair price to pay for not having to go near this feature I guess.

Third Team

Yeah it does get really repetitve, in real life managers have 2 to 3 press confrences a week and they get a good nights sleep.
    But on FM you're getting 2-3 press confrences every hour(Or however many matches you can get in 1 hour) so they become really boring after a while.

I don't trust my assistant either, so i only send him on rare occasions where i have just been beat and i can't be bothered with the questions!

I'm guessing the Assitant managers 'Mental attribute' would be important for press confrences?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Yeah it does get really repetitve, in real life managers have 2 to 3 press confrences a week and they get a good nights sleep.
    well yes but i wouldn't mind doing real press conferences

Amateur

Press conferences are not for me! I am from the Bobby Knight (American college basketlball) school of coaching and I see most press conferences as a complete waste of time. I always send the assistant...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    I don't trust my assistant either, so i only send him on rare occasions where i have just been beat and i can't be bothered with the questions!
    Trust me, it's not that bad at all. I've played a total of 30 seasons at least in 09 and 10 and I've only ever done the initial ones that you're forced to do and a couple other ones when I hadn't seen all the questions and answers yet. You very rarely get any issues with it that way.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Äktsjon Männ View Post
    Trust me, it's not that bad at all. I've played a total of 30 seasons at least in 09 and 10 and I've only ever done the initial ones that you're forced to do and a couple other ones when I hadn't seen all the questions and answers yet. You very rarely get any issues with it that way.
    Same here, because it gets boring more than anything else

Amateur

I once tryed to do a couple myself and it always backfired somehow ... always upsetting someone in the process so first thing I do in new game is. Click the option for the assman to take care of it and he usually either does good or neutral rarely had any bad reports back in from his press conferences even my rather poor on any stat coach I had in the lower leagues still didnt anything wrong for me

+ Reply to Thread