Patch 10.3 hopes

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* I hope I'll finally be able to score a free-kick. Or even concede one would be a novelty. I haven't scored or conceded a direct free-kick in four seasons.

* A fix to make tactics that utilise width to be more viable.

* A feature that allows you to pre-configure OI with one click of a button, rather than manually going through every player every game.

Guest El Payaso

* Fix defending

avoimet.jpg

* Fix set pieces

* Decrease accuracy for crosses

* Make it harder to get past players with the ball

* Add some physical play in to the match engine

* Decrease effect of team talks or maybe remove them completely

* Make it possible to play unique style of football, now it looks all the same everytime. Tactics either work or don't work...

= always been to much to ask.

* Fix defending

avoimet.jpg

* Fix set pieces

* Decrease accuracy for crosses

* Make it harder to get past players with the ball

* Add some physical play in to the match engine

* Decrease effect of team talks or maybe remove them completely

* Make it possible to play unique style of football, now it looks all the same everytime. Tactics either work or don't work...

= always been to much to ask.

And i look to add some more points to a very good list:

*Stop the 70 yard pass who always finds the lone striker

*Fix the Opposition Set Pieces

*Fix the referee decisions (offside is the worst, some strange penalties in the 90+x, x>4 minute) and the assumption that the referee is always right

*Fix the press conferences (we are always in bad mood, or equivocal, or something bad, never a class act)

*Fix/Delete the Backroom advice. If you try to fix it, please add a button to follow exactly what the ass man/coach says, because one notch could make a real difference.

*Fix the newgen/regen system. If you're a top notch Youth Academy, you need to produce some goods, not always crap (cf. Sporting CP, Ajax, Manchester... these guys buy the youth to get a good youth team, they don't appear initially there, 7 seasons and the likes of Watford or Ebbsfleet produced MORE good players than these guys... of course I bought them, but...)

*Fix the need of coaches to swap teams more faster than i change my underwear (well, I play half a season in 24 hours and they change clubs twice so...)

*Fix the already known bugs in the transfer system.

Well, that's about it. It's a bit weird how is it possible to have so many bugs at this point. Maybe it's me, but it would be wise to launch games with a 2 year span. Maybe it's a good thing to have only a Football Manager 2012 and get a year off to fix everything and get a good solid basis.

I might not have any chance with this one but I wish the bloody delays could get fixed which Ive heard people mention. ie. sometimes in tactics screen people have said theres a delay when clicking a player to set roles, and this one I sometimes experience is when hitting continue theres a 3-4 second delay :mad: Hope it can get sorted hopefully :) and i agree with most of above posts fix ideas

1. Stop the 30 yard wonder goal crap thats still totally negating any attempt at sensible tactics.

2. Fix it so that when you leave a club you don't lose icon/legend/favoured status and the chairman can 'wish you well' instead of hating you forever.

3. Fix defending generally, including the split DC nonsense.

4. Drastically reduce the impact team talks, media comments and morale have on the playing ability of your players. Give us back the match engine and stop non-football related (and entirely boring, repetative and intentionally confusing) crud dictating everything.

5. Start planning serious additions and improvements to the career experience in FM11.

6. Get the UI lag on match days fixed once and for all, the game is still unplayable for 10-20 seconds at a time.

Guest El Payaso
3. More goals from Set Pieces.
You must be joking? Attacking players are already winning more than half of those balls and scoring loads...

I might not have any chance with this one but I wish the bloody delays could get fixed which Ive heard people mention. ie. sometimes in tactics screen people have said theres a delay when clicking a player to set roles, and this one I sometimes experience is when hitting continue theres a 3-4 second delay :mad: Hope it can get sorted hopefully :) and i agree with most of above posts fix ideas

1) This.

My bet is just shoddy coding. I get a delay of about 4 seconds when clicking the tactics tab... on an overclocked Core i7, loads of RAM using an Intel Extreme SSD. Crazy. Can often get the same delay when clicking on a player in the tactics screen (on the represented pitch/tactics board).

2) I'd love to see someone update the crowd cut-outs to at least 1991 standards.

3) Personal pet hate is very poor quality opposition playing like Brazil when you've a slightly dejected team thanks to saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. No doubt its my fault ;-)

4) Media is comical - the interviews are handled so poorly they are currently a waste of time. I don't trust the Ass Man to deal with them.

5) Maybe we could get rid of the occasional 30second waiting periods for a player to take a throw in or perform some other mundane action.

- I would love to score a free kick, as i also never score these

- fix wall positioning as i have conceded a couple free kicks...

(imagine this in your head) The free kick is from the left hand side, so the wall should be covering the left hand side of the goal (from the takers perception). So now a right footer takes the free kick curling it towards the left. The ball is low and does not go over the wall but to left hand side of the wall. How does it go in???

-Definietely more headed goals, as i still with Dzeko up front have not scored one

- Please increase crossing accuarcy not decrease

- Make it wingers dribble past full backs not all this slowing down and going around nonsense

- Too many corners , because of wingers finding space on the wing and slowing down for them to just kick straight at the full back. Why?

I would like....

1) Linesmen to point the flag the right way for throw-ins etc. (its annoying)

2) Players to stop asking for a offside call on EVERY SINGLE GOAL

3) Players to stop looking like there having seizures when there taking a throw-in

To be continued...(been sucked in by the Utd vs City game)

* I hope I'll finally be able to score a free-kick. Or even concede one would be a novelty. I haven't scored or conceded a direct free-kick in four seasons.

* A fix to make tactics that utilise width to be more viable.

* A feature that allows you to pre-configure OI with one click of a button, rather than manually going through every player every game.

Seriously?!

They go in every other game for me in the BSP!

100% agree as to the OI thing, that's probably THE biggest bug-bear in the game for me at the minute!

Actually, I'd like the 'losing to lesser clubs because of over-confidence' to disappear or be toned down!

I have not seen this at all, and this has never been an issue for me. You will lose the odd match against lesser teams, but why does this neccessarily have to be a bug. It happens in real life and should in the game aswell. I am currently on a 63 games unbeaten run in the league without a superteam by any means. So if someone should have been affected by this 'over-confidence'-bug, then that would have been me.

Never noticed a lack of scoring or conceding freekicks.

I would like the AI transfer intelligence improved. I don't want to see world class players at 33 sitting in the reserves transfer listed and nobody wanting them.

More transfer activity.

Possibly make it harder to score or defenders better. Which ever. Defenders better.

I would like to see players following orders more often instead of doing what they like all the time.

I'd like defending to be improved, as there's too many chances being created at present, which results in the superkeeper complaints.

I feel the ME in the 1st patch was better than the current one.

1. More teamtalks, or at least make the effect/use of the current ones a little less vague. Also, when a player is performing bad, there is no team talk I have ever done that has made him perform better. 4.0 at halftime, 4.0 at fulltime -- no difference.

2. Stop big clubs from buying players they never would in real life. I just saw Barcelona buy a 26 year-old Senegalese striker for 3k, the player does not have a single stat above 11. Seriously, this player would find it tough getting into an English League Two side.

3. Something I would REALLY love to have implemented, would be the option to filter out any bids for my players that are not straight up cash.

I agree with most of the points above, too.

Diminish the effects of team talks and Tactics. Make it more fun and keeping the chellenge in it this starts with:

- Transfer System. To be honest personally this one should be scrapped and the old brought back. If other teams can really improve their teams and really use those players they buy (i have seen Man Utd hiring a 28 year old player and being the entire season in the reserves) for being set it can come to be challenge without the megalomaniac use of tactics.

- AI management. This is related to transfer systems, put the Ai hire the players that they to improve and use them in their teams. This would go along way of challenge for short term and long term saves.

Now Press Conference remove all influence or influence is insignificant in press Conferences and remove them all together in FM11 and go back to one question with five answer choice. I would suggest to remove them altogether in the 3rd patch but it can be a lot work for SI, specially in this period that they are starting to plan FM11.

Note: Bring back the arrows it help more set up what the player moved where, then the current one.

Backroom advice? I don't allways listen to the ass man. I am buying a player for the future, and he is telling me to cancel the transfer. Or, I have to praise a player of me to rise his motivation, and when I look at the statistic he had: 7,6; 6,9; 6,8; 7,1; 6,9. I made it one time, and found by the player: he doesn't need to do much effort to get rewarded. No thanks. No more Ass Man.

I agree on the defense, they are stupid in some situation. I have sometimes the issuse, a DMC is watching the ball, and he stays there because a DC is running on the ball to clear it. But, the DMC is 3m from the ball and the DC 6m. I don't get it?

Press conference is boring. Allways the same question. Find something new. I was asked for 5 time will I let Kwedi go home for a month (he has a bad adaptability), and 5 time I said he has to find an other solution.

Transfers: some clubs are buying players they don't need. Milan bought 2 players (29 and 31 age old) that are in reserve team, and 2 in the first team with only 3-5 game played. Why? Why spending the money on nothing. The other clubs are doing the same. Just buying players that they don't need. And when they buy it, they let him sit in the reserves or on the banch.

free kicks. I managed to score only one free kick from 30m, but the free kicks by box-line are complete missed. The AI is doing well. Have scored 4 free kicks until now.

and better ME, because like somebody says, the team talks are to much important. You can't change the way in the game so much. In 10.1 I got a come back from 0:2 to a 4:2. In this one, that is impossible. I got only a 2:2 in the last minute

I have not seen this at all, and this has never been an issue for me. You will lose the odd match against lesser teams, but why does this neccessarily have to be a bug. It happens in real life and should in the game aswell. I am currently on a 63 games unbeaten run in the league without a superteam by any means. So if someone should have been affected by this 'over-confidence'-bug, then that would have been me.

Show me where I said it was a bug? I never did.

stop squad numbers being changed like star footballers change cars - players dont change for no reason!

yellow cards for time wasting

for my tactics to actually work, because replicating a wenger style doesnt seem to work and i am for once really losing motivation now

Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere. Just acquired the boxed version and a quick question about installing the patch. Will the latest one give me the updates of the earlier patch or will I need to download and install each of them?

Thanks

Defending MUST be fixed. There is always a pass that will happen to hit a player RIGHT in the centre of the box, that player will just turn around and score. It gets very annoying especially when you have 4 + 1 DM defending...Its one thing for a player to work around my defender because I can believe that..but when you have 2 players with 16 positioning and 17 concentration to be letting that happen!

I thought those slight delays were just my comp being too old, but if it's happening with people who have crazy i7 rigs, then it does seem to sound like a wider issue than I previously expected. The fact that it never happened in FM09 is what annoys me the most, but granted there's a lot of differences between the two anyway. Just wish it was looked into during testing before the game was released.

I had now a funny situation, and it remember me on my last save, where I had it too, please remove this:

My player gets injuried, green cross 50% condition. I let him play to get him to normal condition, and see if he can run. 7 minutes later, he gets one more time injuried, and this time his condition went to 73% and rised up to 79% hahahahaha :D how can it be, that a player who is injuried, get one more time injuried and after the second injurie he feels better hehe

And from the last save, I had the same situation, but this time my player got a injurie, green cross, I wait for 15 minutes to see what will happen with his condition, and 10 minutes after his first injurie he got another injurie, but this time his condition grow up to 83% and the green cross dissapear :D

And one more thing, please give yellow cards to the tackling when my player is runnign towards the box. It is very bad to watch my player having a big opportunity, and the opposite defender brings him down, and it is just a yellow. In some situation I am asking me if that would be a red, and not just a foul. Of course, there are situation where they get yellow (my beliefe it would be better a red card, because he wasn't the last defender, but the second, but the last defender was on the opposite side) but this situation are very small number. The most part are just free kicks, where I am screaming to the refree and sending him to some place :)

would enjoy my game a lot better if they fixed it so you can play a 4-4-2 fair enough people have got good ones but anything i tried on fm 09 really didnt work on here

the defending would be a nice thing to get fixed

transfers have gone a bit daft on this patch

and i dont know if its a problem but i simmed 3 season in and the only 2 teams that were rich in the english prem were spurs and they had plenty of debt and city who were worth only 150 million, had been winning all sorts and hadnt really bought anyone but they were in more debt than when they started

also how many chances there are i never have a quiet game or even game i will have about 30 shots 20 on target 7 ccc then super keeper and stupid 1 v 1 problem make sure you only score 1 of these chances but the other team will go and score a stunner with a average player

also players stats make them realistic rooneys look average same as essien just some players with stats that make them look ok but play world class

*Fix Sell player out so difficult.(Ai will loan every time and Low values for buy)

*Fix Man utd. finish in middle league table ! (I play man city 2 season,them get 5 or 6 in league table) <<Opposed to the truth>>

*Fix Liverpool so superb team (them get 2nd in league table in my game 2 season !)

<<Opposed to the truth>>

regards

Hey all i have the same ol same ol problem like u all. Im Man Utd, berbatov is my targetman, rooney advanced forward. 2 wingers - nani - ludovic giuly. in the past 3 games we have managed to get an average of 9 clear cut chances. OK i can see us missing perhaps 5, 6, BUT 9?! Ok also, il add that we had an average of 13 shots on target, around 22 the total. NOW TBH, the stats are ridiculous man. It simply doesent work like that out there. Im far from happy with this game, really far from happy. Il be honest, at times i wanna smash my laptop wen im winning 1-0, then OMFG WIGAN star kikin fonseca, gets wigans 3rd shot of the game, their 1st clear cut chance - IN THE DAMN net. Yeah, thats realistic to the T.

*Fix Sell player out so difficult.(Ai will loan every time and Low values for buy)

*Fix Man utd. finish in middle league table ! (I play man city 2 season,them get 5 or 6 in league table) <<Opposed to the truth>>

*Fix Liverpool so superb team (them get 2nd in league table in my game 2 season !)

<<Opposed to the truth>>

regards

I have a 2126 save (no typo 2126) and Liverpool have only won one champ cup, and probably the premier only a few times. Arsenal/Man City/Man United are the ones who dominated the EPL.

Personally I find the match engine in the latest patch to be pretty good. If SI could fix the issues related to superkeepers/idiotic forwards we'd be all set! Some more accuracy for FKs and long shots could also be appreciated as this has been decreased a bit too much since patch 10.2

Now for the real problems, IMO, that should be fixed in the future:

*AI transfer intelligence is MIA. If the AI is keen enough to counter my tactics, to make bids for players the INSTANT I've introduced them into a shortlist and to find players that I could normally never be found at the beginning of the game (i.e. not enough knowledge of a particular area of the globe for those players TO EVER come up in a search) than why can't the same AI make some decent transfer dealings? Here's a few examples:

1. Playing outside of Europe's top leagues in 4 out of 5 seasons the biggest transfer of the season was a player being SOLD OFF. This is disturbing, because the players coming in were ATROCIOUSLY bad! One time I saw a team buy a regen defender, 19 or so, with all technical stats below 10 (excepting long throws) and dire physical and mental stats. I took the liberty of checking out his PA since the AI paid a whopping 6.5 MILLION EUROS (out of their 7 million euro budget) for this player and I found out his CA was 70 something while his PA was 170. Obviously this player will NEVER reach that PA but the AI wasted ALL of its transfer budget, had to sell off some players shortly after, and generally did a horrible piece of business... again, and again, and again...

2. Why are my reserve players never being offered? 32 year old Ronaldinho wants to join Braga and they won't offer even 1 million euros for his services! Come on!

3. Top tier AI teams are disastrous at transferring players in the near future. Especially when playing games that don't have a huge player count or many top leagues loaded up.

*No more press conferences. PLEASE! They are horrendous, they suck, they will NEVER amount to anything outside of a small annoyence. However, if they MUST stay, please make them shorter! I once went through 40 questions in a press conference related to new players!

*Backroom advice. Ass man: Dude, praise this player! Dude, we suck against big teams! Dude, we suck against small teams! Dude transfer this 38 year old Finnish dude who wants 30k per week and 3 million euros sign-on fee! Either fix it or drop it! It does nothing but confuses newcomers.

*Scouting should be reverted back to FM 2009. I've never scouted a 3.5 star regen in my entire career, although some of them had a PA of 180-200! (top teams only)

Sorry for being so long-winded. Still a great game though!

Perfect the regen system. When I holiday to 2030, the top teams in the world and their top players should be believable. Sure there will be the odd striker with no finishing who's just so good he makes up for it elsewhere, but 6 jumping on the best CB in world football is silly.

Archived