+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patch 10.3 hopes

Amateur

Default Patch 10.3 hopes

What are your hopes for patch 10.3?
    I personally hope that the Match Engine bugs will be fixed . . .

-discuss-

Default Re: Patch 10.3 hopes

* I hope I'll finally be able to score a free-kick. Or even concede one would be a novelty. I haven't scored or conceded a direct free-kick in four seasons.
    * A fix to make tactics that utilise width to be more viable.
    * A feature that allows you to pre-configure OI with one click of a button, rather than manually going through every player every game.

Amateur

* Fix defending

* Fix set pieces
    * Decrease accuracy for crosses
    * Make it harder to get past players with the ball
    * Add some physical play in to the match engine
    * Decrease effect of team talks or maybe remove them completely
    * Make it possible to play unique style of football, now it looks all the same everytime. Tactics either work or don't work...

= always been to much to ask.
    Last edited by El Payaso; 19-01-2010 at 14:19.

Amateur

Defending to be fixed, and in turn this should see the super goalie when one on one removed.

Semi Pro

Most of things already said added in more headed goals from inside the box.

Not just the simple corner headers or cross to back post.

Some graphics introduced to the 3d match engine which show players using flair and technique.

Banned

ME has to be sorted or go back to an older version ME

Banned

improve defending

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
    * Fix defending

* Fix set pieces
    * Decrease accuracy for crosses
    * Make it harder to get past players with the ball
    * Add some physical play in to the match engine
    * Decrease effect of team talks or maybe remove them completely
    * Make it possible to play unique style of football, now it looks all the same everytime. Tactics either work or don't work...

= always been to much to ask.
    And i look to add some more points to a very good list:

*Stop the 70 yard pass who always finds the lone striker
    *Fix the Opposition Set Pieces
    *Fix the referee decisions (offside is the worst, some strange penalties in the 90+x, x>4 minute) and the assumption that the referee is always right
    *Fix the press conferences (we are always in bad mood, or equivocal, or something bad, never a class act)
    *Fix/Delete the Backroom advice. If you try to fix it, please add a button to follow exactly what the ass man/coach says, because one notch could make a real difference.
    *Fix the newgen/regen system. If you're a top notch Youth Academy, you need to produce some goods, not always crap (cf. Sporting CP, Ajax, Manchester... these guys buy the youth to get a good youth team, they don't appear initially there, 7 seasons and the likes of Watford or Ebbsfleet produced MORE good players than these guys... of course I bought them, but...)
    *Fix the need of coaches to swap teams more faster than i change my underwear (well, I play half a season in 24 hours and they change clubs twice so...)
    *Fix the already known bugs in the transfer system.

Well, that's about it. It's a bit weird how is it possible to have so many bugs at this point. Maybe it's me, but it would be wise to launch games with a 2 year span. Maybe it's a good thing to have only a Football Manager 2012 and get a year off to fix everything and get a good solid basis.

Amateur

I might not have any chance with this one but I wish the bloody delays could get fixed which Ive heard people mention. ie. sometimes in tactics screen people have said theres a delay when clicking a player to set roles, and this one I sometimes experience is when hitting continue theres a 3-4 second delay :mad: Hope it can get sorted hopefully and i agree with most of above posts fix ideas

Part-timer

1. Stop the 30 yard wonder goal crap thats still totally negating any attempt at sensible tactics.

2. Fix it so that when you leave a club you don't lose icon/legend/favoured status and the chairman can 'wish you well' instead of hating you forever.

3. Fix defending generally, including the split DC nonsense.

4. Drastically reduce the impact team talks, media comments and morale have on the playing ability of your players. Give us back the match engine and stop non-football related (and entirely boring, repetative and intentionally confusing) crud dictating everything.

5. Start planning serious additions and improvements to the career experience in FM11.

6. Get the UI lag on match days fixed once and for all, the game is still unplayable for 10-20 seconds at a time.

First Team Squad Member

1. I want Snow in England in Winter, I haven't seen it since the first season!

2. As Les Girondins No.2 Stated

3. More goals from Set Pieces.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFan7 View Post
    3. More goals from Set Pieces.
    You must be joking? Attacking players are already winning more than half of those balls and scoring loads...

Amateur

TBH patch 3 is usualy SI's fortee 9.3 and 8.3 were the bets versions of their respective games imo.

Amateur

Stop my game from freezing everytime i click on a player.
    then i will be happy.

Youth Team

I hope SI includ £1 million with 10.3

On topic, I'm agreeing with Thrustking56. The 3rd patch is usually the best of recent versions.

Third Team

I don't know tbf.

I'm perfectly happy with the game. The only thing that could be improved is the media interation for FM11

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rick_chelsea View Post
    I might not have any chance with this one but I wish the bloody delays could get fixed which Ive heard people mention. ie. sometimes in tactics screen people have said theres a delay when clicking a player to set roles, and this one I sometimes experience is when hitting continue theres a 3-4 second delay :mad: Hope it can get sorted hopefully and i agree with most of above posts fix ideas
    1) This.

My bet is just shoddy coding. I get a delay of about 4 seconds when clicking the tactics tab... on an overclocked Core i7, loads of RAM using an Intel Extreme SSD. Crazy. Can often get the same delay when clicking on a player in the tactics screen (on the represented pitch/tactics board).

2) I'd love to see someone update the crowd cut-outs to at least 1991 standards.

3) Personal pet hate is very poor quality opposition playing like Brazil when you've a slightly dejected team thanks to saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. No doubt its my fault ;-)

4) Media is comical - the interviews are handled so poorly they are currently a waste of time. I don't trust the Ass Man to deal with them.

5) Maybe we could get rid of the occasional 30second waiting periods for a player to take a throw in or perform some other mundane action.

Third Team

Actually, I'd like the 'losing to lesser clubs because of over-confidence' to disappear or be toned down!

Amateur

-Domestic Player Bias
    -Newgen Issues
    -Less crashes/editor fixes
    -General Match Engine Fixes
    -Tweak the Transfer System

Amateur

Question Re: Patch 10.3 hopes

- I would love to score a free kick, as i also never score these

- fix wall positioning as i have conceded a couple free kicks...
    (imagine this in your head) The free kick is from the left hand side, so the wall should be covering the left hand side of the goal (from the takers perception). So now a right footer takes the free kick curling it towards the left. The ball is low and does not go over the wall but to left hand side of the wall. How does it go in???

-Definietely more headed goals, as i still with Dzeko up front have not scored one

- Please increase crossing accuarcy not decrease

- Make it wingers dribble past full backs not all this slowing down and going around nonsense

- Too many corners , because of wingers finding space on the wing and slowing down for them to just kick straight at the full back. Why?

Amateur

I hope that attackers who are through on goal can shoot other places than directly at the keepers head/chest.
    I also hope that occasionally a cross will be low.

Amateur

I would like....
    1) Linesmen to point the flag the right way for throw-ins etc. (its annoying)
    2) Players to stop asking for a offside call on EVERY SINGLE GOAL
    3) Players to stop looking like there having seizures when there taking a throw-in
    To be continued...(been sucked in by the Utd vs City game)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tubey84 View Post
    * I hope I'll finally be able to score a free-kick. Or even concede one would be a novelty. I haven't scored or conceded a direct free-kick in four seasons.
    * A fix to make tactics that utilise width to be more viable.
    * A feature that allows you to pre-configure OI with one click of a button, rather than manually going through every player every game.
    Seriously?!

They go in every other game for me in the BSP!

100% agree as to the OI thing, that's probably THE biggest bug-bear in the game for me at the minute!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by T4RG4 View Post
    1) This.

My bet is just shoddy coding.
    Maybe they should hire you and you could show them how to better their code?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Actually, I'd like the 'losing to lesser clubs because of over-confidence' to disappear or be toned down!
    I have not seen this at all, and this has never been an issue for me. You will lose the odd match against lesser teams, but why does this neccessarily have to be a bug. It happens in real life and should in the game aswell. I am currently on a 63 games unbeaten run in the league without a superteam by any means. So if someone should have been affected by this 'over-confidence'-bug, then that would have been me.

Semi Pro

I'd like a very trivial improvement in 10.3

A tunnel,you know that tunnel the manager ushers a player down when he's been sent off,trivial i know,but i still want one

Third Team

Would like some more options with the editor, even if small, just to make stuff a bit easier, and be able to make mass changes simply. If FMRTE can have a mass edit button surely the FM editor could do it?

Part-Timer

Never noticed a lack of scoring or conceding freekicks.

I would like the AI transfer intelligence improved. I don't want to see world class players at 33 sitting in the reserves transfer listed and nobody wanting them.

More transfer activity.

Possibly make it harder to score or defenders better. Which ever. Defenders better.

I would like to see players following orders more often instead of doing what they like all the time.

Amateur

I'd like defending to be improved, as there's too many chances being created at present, which results in the superkeeper complaints.

I feel the ME in the 1st patch was better than the current one.

Amateur

1. More teamtalks, or at least make the effect/use of the current ones a little less vague. Also, when a player is performing bad, there is no team talk I have ever done that has made him perform better. 4.0 at halftime, 4.0 at fulltime -- no difference.

2. Stop big clubs from buying players they never would in real life. I just saw Barcelona buy a 26 year-old Senegalese striker for 3k, the player does not have a single stat above 11. Seriously, this player would find it tough getting into an English League Two side.

3. Something I would REALLY love to have implemented, would be the option to filter out any bids for my players that are not straight up cash.

I agree with most of the points above, too.

Part-Timer

Diminish the effects of team talks and Tactics. Make it more fun and keeping the chellenge in it this starts with:

- Transfer System. To be honest personally this one should be scrapped and the old brought back. If other teams can really improve their teams and really use those players they buy (i have seen Man Utd hiring a 28 year old player and being the entire season in the reserves) for being set it can come to be challenge without the megalomaniac use of tactics.

- AI management. This is related to transfer systems, put the Ai hire the players that they to improve and use them in their teams. This would go along way of challenge for short term and long term saves.

Now Press Conference remove all influence or influence is insignificant in press Conferences and remove them all together in FM11 and go back to one question with five answer choice. I would suggest to remove them altogether in the 3rd patch but it can be a lot work for SI, specially in this period that they are starting to plan FM11.

Note: Bring back the arrows it help more set up what the player moved where, then the current one.
    Last edited by grade; 19-01-2010 at 22:46.

Banned

lower the effects of team talks and fix the one on one situation and stop froing between one extreme and the other.

Amateur

Backroom advice? I don't allways listen to the ass man. I am buying a player for the future, and he is telling me to cancel the transfer. Or, I have to praise a player of me to rise his motivation, and when I look at the statistic he had: 7,6; 6,9; 6,8; 7,1; 6,9. I made it one time, and found by the player: he doesn't need to do much effort to get rewarded. No thanks. No more Ass Man.
    I agree on the defense, they are stupid in some situation. I have sometimes the issuse, a DMC is watching the ball, and he stays there because a DC is running on the ball to clear it. But, the DMC is 3m from the ball and the DC 6m. I don't get it?
    Press conference is boring. Allways the same question. Find something new. I was asked for 5 time will I let Kwedi go home for a month (he has a bad adaptability), and 5 time I said he has to find an other solution.
    Transfers: some clubs are buying players they don't need. Milan bought 2 players (29 and 31 age old) that are in reserve team, and 2 in the first team with only 3-5 game played. Why? Why spending the money on nothing. The other clubs are doing the same. Just buying players that they don't need. And when they buy it, they let him sit in the reserves or on the banch.
    free kicks. I managed to score only one free kick from 30m, but the free kicks by box-line are complete missed. The AI is doing well. Have scored 4 free kicks until now.
    and better ME, because like somebody says, the team talks are to much important. You can't change the way in the game so much. In 10.1 I got a come back from 0:2 to a 4:2. In this one, that is impossible. I got only a 2:2 in the last minute

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaart View Post
    I have not seen this at all, and this has never been an issue for me. You will lose the odd match against lesser teams, but why does this neccessarily have to be a bug. It happens in real life and should in the game aswell. I am currently on a 63 games unbeaten run in the league without a superteam by any means. So if someone should have been affected by this 'over-confidence'-bug, then that would have been me.
    Show me where I said it was a bug? I never did.

i hope that the international u20 management problem is solved brian eastwick is the u20 manager not bloddy peter white stupid SI

stop squad numbers being changed like star footballers change cars - players dont change for no reason!
    yellow cards for time wasting
    for my tactics to actually work, because replicating a wenger style doesnt seem to work and i am for once really losing motivation now

Amateur

Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere. Just acquired the boxed version and a quick question about installing the patch. Will the latest one give me the updates of the earlier patch or will I need to download and install each of them?

Thanks

Amateur

Defending MUST be fixed. There is always a pass that will happen to hit a player RIGHT in the centre of the box, that player will just turn around and score. It gets very annoying especially when you have 4 + 1 DM defending...Its one thing for a player to work around my defender because I can believe that..but when you have 2 players with 16 positioning and 17 concentration to be letting that happen!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by __BOB__ View Post
    Stop my game from freezing everytime i click on a player.
    then i will be happy.
    That's my main gripe. While deciding on my prematch tactics or during a game, I can't click on a player without a 5 second delay.

Amateur

I thought those slight delays were just my comp being too old, but if it's happening with people who have crazy i7 rigs, then it does seem to sound like a wider issue than I previously expected. The fact that it never happened in FM09 is what annoys me the most, but granted there's a lot of differences between the two anyway. Just wish it was looked into during testing before the game was released.

Amateur

I had now a funny situation, and it remember me on my last save, where I had it too, please remove this:
    My player gets injuried, green cross 50% condition. I let him play to get him to normal condition, and see if he can run. 7 minutes later, he gets one more time injuried, and this time his condition went to 73% and rised up to 79% hahahahaha how can it be, that a player who is injuried, get one more time injuried and after the second injurie he feels better hehe
    And from the last save, I had the same situation, but this time my player got a injurie, green cross, I wait for 15 minutes to see what will happen with his condition, and 10 minutes after his first injurie he got another injurie, but this time his condition grow up to 83% and the green cross dissapear
    And one more thing, please give yellow cards to the tackling when my player is runnign towards the box. It is very bad to watch my player having a big opportunity, and the opposite defender brings him down, and it is just a yellow. In some situation I am asking me if that would be a red, and not just a foul. Of course, there are situation where they get yellow (my beliefe it would be better a red card, because he wasn't the last defender, but the second, but the last defender was on the opposite side) but this situation are very small number. The most part are just free kicks, where I am screaming to the refree and sending him to some place

Amateur

would enjoy my game a lot better if they fixed it so you can play a 4-4-2 fair enough people have got good ones but anything i tried on fm 09 really didnt work on here

the defending would be a nice thing to get fixed

transfers have gone a bit daft on this patch

and i dont know if its a problem but i simmed 3 season in and the only 2 teams that were rich in the english prem were spurs and they had plenty of debt and city who were worth only 150 million, had been winning all sorts and hadnt really bought anyone but they were in more debt than when they started

Amateur

also how many chances there are i never have a quiet game or even game i will have about 30 shots 20 on target 7 ccc then super keeper and stupid 1 v 1 problem make sure you only score 1 of these chances but the other team will go and score a stunner with a average player

also players stats make them realistic rooneys look average same as essien just some players with stats that make them look ok but play world class

Amateur

1. Fix domestic player bias
    2. Fix defense
    3. Fix feeder club bugs
    4. Fix Negative Ratings

Amateur

*Fix Sell player out so difficult.(Ai will loan every time and Low values for buy)
    *Fix Man utd. finish in middle league table ! (I play man city 2 season,them get 5 or 6 in league table) <<Opposed to the truth>>
    *Fix Liverpool so superb team (them get 2nd in league table in my game 2 season !)
    <<Opposed to the truth>>

regards

Amateur

Hey all i have the same ol same ol problem like u all. Im Man Utd, berbatov is my targetman, rooney advanced forward. 2 wingers - nani - ludovic giuly. in the past 3 games we have managed to get an average of 9 clear cut chances. OK i can see us missing perhaps 5, 6, BUT 9?! Ok also, il add that we had an average of 13 shots on target, around 22 the total. NOW TBH, the stats are ridiculous man. It simply doesent work like that out there. Im far from happy with this game, really far from happy. Il be honest, at times i wanna smash my laptop wen im winning 1-0, then OMFG WIGAN star kikin fonseca, gets wigans 3rd shot of the game, their 1st clear cut chance - IN THE DAMN net. Yeah, thats realistic to the T.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kongdo View Post
    *Fix Sell player out so difficult.(Ai will loan every time and Low values for buy)
    *Fix Man utd. finish in middle league table ! (I play man city 2 season,them get 5 or 6 in league table) <<Opposed to the truth>>
    *Fix Liverpool so superb team (them get 2nd in league table in my game 2 season !)
    <<Opposed to the truth>>

regards
    I have a 2126 save (no typo 2126) and Liverpool have only won one champ cup, and probably the premier only a few times. Arsenal/Man City/Man United are the ones who dominated the EPL.

Banned

if you lisen to the new podcast feed .. si say that patch 10.3 will manily be just a data update

forget the match engine no changes will be made to it in 10.3

Amateur

Personally I find the match engine in the latest patch to be pretty good. If SI could fix the issues related to superkeepers/idiotic forwards we'd be all set! Some more accuracy for FKs and long shots could also be appreciated as this has been decreased a bit too much since patch 10.2

Now for the real problems, IMO, that should be fixed in the future:

*AI transfer intelligence is MIA. If the AI is keen enough to counter my tactics, to make bids for players the INSTANT I've introduced them into a shortlist and to find players that I could normally never be found at the beginning of the game (i.e. not enough knowledge of a particular area of the globe for those players TO EVER come up in a search) than why can't the same AI make some decent transfer dealings? Here's a few examples:

1. Playing outside of Europe's top leagues in 4 out of 5 seasons the biggest transfer of the season was a player being SOLD OFF. This is disturbing, because the players coming in were ATROCIOUSLY bad! One time I saw a team buy a regen defender, 19 or so, with all technical stats below 10 (excepting long throws) and dire physical and mental stats. I took the liberty of checking out his PA since the AI paid a whopping 6.5 MILLION EUROS (out of their 7 million euro budget) for this player and I found out his CA was 70 something while his PA was 170. Obviously this player will NEVER reach that PA but the AI wasted ALL of its transfer budget, had to sell off some players shortly after, and generally did a horrible piece of business... again, and again, and again...
    2. Why are my reserve players never being offered? 32 year old Ronaldinho wants to join Braga and they won't offer even 1 million euros for his services! Come on!
    3. Top tier AI teams are disastrous at transferring players in the near future. Especially when playing games that don't have a huge player count or many top leagues loaded up.

*No more press conferences. PLEASE! They are horrendous, they suck, they will NEVER amount to anything outside of a small annoyence. However, if they MUST stay, please make them shorter! I once went through 40 questions in a press conference related to new players!
    *Backroom advice. Ass man: Dude, praise this player! Dude, we suck against big teams! Dude, we suck against small teams! Dude transfer this 38 year old Finnish dude who wants 30k per week and 3 million euros sign-on fee! Either fix it or drop it! It does nothing but confuses newcomers.
    *Scouting should be reverted back to FM 2009. I've never scouted a 3.5 star regen in my entire career, although some of them had a PA of 180-200! (top teams only)

Sorry for being so long-winded. Still a great game though!

Semi Pro

Perfect the regen system. When I holiday to 2030, the top teams in the world and their top players should be believable. Sure there will be the odd striker with no finishing who's just so good he makes up for it elsewhere, but 6 jumping on the best CB in world football is silly.

Amateur

Manager knowledge. After managing in a given country, the manager (human as well as AI) should gain knowledge of that country at the same rate as he learns the language, and gradually lose knowledge in countries from which he does not receive subscriptions.

Example:

An Eglish manager in Brazil at the start of his career may have 100% knowledge of England and 0% of Brazil, and does not speak Portuguese.

In 10 years, if he is subscribed to the English cups and leagues, his knowledge of England would not have deteriorated, but aside from learning Portuguese, he should also have 100% knowledge of Brazil. If he does not subscribe to English cups and leagues, his knowledge of England should have fallen to around 50%, while his knowledge of Brazil should have still gone to 100%. After all, when managing in a country you don't just grasp the language!

Amateur

i want to see a red card from a goalkeeper

Part-Timer

I think this thread should be changed to 'Patch 10.3. Optimistic hopes'

A patch will fix a few general bugs, it will include the January transfers etc etc - but the radical game changes some of you are stating simply won't happen in a patch.

I do agree with some of them though, it's just I simply won't expect anything like this in a standard patch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by olegend View Post
    i want to see a red card from a goalkeeper
    Yes, please. Give as this. I mean, I lunch my ST, he wants to dribble the GK, and the GK tackle him. Penalty and red card.
    And yeeeeeessss! I got a penalty for handballed the ball. It was against me, but it is nice to see a penalty of this art

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Quote Originally Posted by rick_chelsea View Post
    This one is really annoying me now.

I'd also like to see some further improvements with defending. I'd like my CB's to mark properly as at the moment i concede lots of goals with the opposing striker waltzing right between them.

My players hitting the vast majority of 1 on 1 chances straight at the keeper also needs sorting out.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Latimerinho View Post
    I think this thread should be changed to 'Patch 10.3. Optimistic hopes'

A patch will fix a few general bugs, it will include the January transfers etc etc - but the radical game changes some of you are stating simply won't happen in a patch.

I do agree with some of them though, it's just I simply won't expect anything like this in a standard patch.
    Personally I know that most things said here can't be included it will need a lot of work for the radical changes.

However this is about the period that SI will begin to plan for FM11 the radical changes should be noted for SI to implement on FM11.

Amateur

I've been buying FM since it was CM 99/00 and frankly, i think FM10 is one of the worst iterations they've ever released.

If FM11 is anything like FM10, i will not be buying it.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by grade View Post
    Personally I know that most things said here can't be included it will need a lot of work for the radical changes.

However this is about the period that SI will begin to plan for FM11 the radical changes should be noted for SI to implement on FM11.
    True, but they may have a better chance of being noticed if it's in the Idea section rather than general discussion - with the amount of threads within this particular part of the forum it could quite easily be missed here.

Amateur

Wow, quite a lot of replies here . . .
    I agree with most things u guys have discussed, especially about the ME, stupid strikers and the free kicks.

Still a good game, though

Semi Pro

I'd personally like some ammendmants to defending. It's improved a fair bit since the 10.2 patch but I am still noticing some very annoying erorrs. For example: marking. I tell my centre backs to mark the strikers but when the ball comes towards them they are no where near them. Never mind the fact that gap between my two centre backs is so wide both strikers can actually run through no problem. For the record, my width setting is set to narrow. The gap really should not be so big.

Yesterday I conceded a goal and the defending was laughable. The ball was crossed in to a striker on the edge of the six-yard box, and my two centre backs pushed up away from the striker (who was actually positioned between the two of them) as soon as he got the ball. I do not play with an offside trap, and actually play quite deep so I don't know why they were pushing up. And my goalkeeper also moved towards one corner of the goal for no reason, completely exposing the other corner. Inevitably, the striker scored an easy goal.

I would love if this was sorted out, provided that is a problem with the game and not some tactical thing that I'm missing.

Semi Pro

the trasfer system should be improved big time, but that's for a new fm. some wicked contract clauses would be cool.
    for this patch i hope for a review of some portuguese players (ruben micael, david luiz) and i think that the number of world class regens should be decreased. i see a lot of 15 year-olds that are worth €1M

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Latimerinho View Post
    True, but they may have a better chance of being noticed if it's in the Idea section rather than general discussion - with the amount of threads within this particular part of the forum it could quite easily be missed here.
    I agree with you, but also individual thread for all the ideas a post can be dismissed very easily. Very much doubt that some one goes on that thread and reads every single one (i might be wrong though, since I do not work in SI and how things are done there).

Personally a thread for ideas for FM11 and then once the game is released that thread was closed and another was open called ideas for FM12 and so on. And they should be sticky thread and only be normal thread once the game was released or goes into production or something.

However the point is there are features that their importance needs to tone down and others should be removed like Press Conferences and other be a choice like Subs in continuous time or time just stops (like is all games until FM08).

And others things.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JEinchy View Post
    I'd personally like some ammendmants to defending. It's improved a fair bit since the 10.2 patch but I am still noticing some very annoying erorrs. For example: marking. I tell my centre backs to mark the strikers but when the ball comes towards them they are no where near them. Never mind the fact that gap between my two centre backs is so wide both strikers can actually run through no problem. For the record, my width setting is set to narrow. The gap really should not be so big.

Yesterday I conceded a goal and the defending was laughable. The ball was crossed in to a striker on the edge of the six-yard box, and my two centre backs pushed up away from the striker (who was actually positioned between the two of them) as soon as he got the ball. I do not play with an offside trap, and actually play quite deep so I don't know why they were pushing up. And my goalkeeper also moved towards one corner of the goal for no reason, completely exposing the other corner. Inevitably, the striker scored an easy goal.

I would love if this was sorted out, provided that is a problem with the game and not some tactical thing that I'm missing.

Totally agree.Most of my game is tactic,and I dont care too much about transfer market.
    I am trying to scout the opponent,adjust tactics for every game,defense stile,player marking,I dont know what else could do.And again,almost every single game I someone scores the same way,as JEinchy said.

Amateur

I just really want them to fix regens.

Tactics I can work around. But there are just too many regens created with weird attributes

Semi Pro

Yes, regens are one of my biggest pet peeves on this game. The grouping of certain stats in relation to a player's position is really odd sometimes. I've seen centre backs who cannot and strikers with high stats in tackling and marking. Additionally, I think over 50% of all regens have serious problems with the Off The Ball and Positioning stats. Very rarely do I find one with a stat above 10. I signed a centre back with 5 in Positioning, but 17 in Corners.

Youth Team

I don't want a new bloody patch!! I'm tired of having to learn or get new tactics every couple of months!

I have finally found a tactic that's worked for me and now it is resigned to the bloody dustbin.

How about a patch that doesn't drastically change everything in the ME so that non exploitation tactics still actually work??

Amateur

Having finally bought FM2010 last week, I now feel able to comment. There are some nice graphical touches such as full stadiums, and you can play some lovely football at times.

But, there are significant problems, moreso than the final version of FM09. They actually make it less easy to play currently than FM09, which I may have to go back to.

Fortunately, I remember many versions of FM having problems that were sorted by the final patch, so I am quite hopeful. I would like to see in 10.03.

1) The ridiculous defending bug fixed, which sees opposition strikers routinely waltz between two centre backs to get a shot on goal. It totally breaks the realism and is one of the worst bugs I have seen.
    2) Silly AI transfer valuations. As always, opposition clubs bid peanuts for my best youth players, yet want many multiples of their values for their own players.
    3) This frustration is exacerbated by incorrect sale valuations from scout reports. I scouted a youth player, my scout came back that club would likely sell for around 600k, I bid 750k and its refused. Its just annoying.
    4) Still on scouts, the star ratings. How exactly do you get 5 stars? I have Sergio Aguero rated at 4. I know they are rated against the league, but it would be much better to be rated against your team. As it stands, there is no variation we can use to tell players apart, I have yet to see a 4.5 star or better player! Or better still, let us have two star ratings, one against the club and the other against the league, so we can tell.
    5) Too many red cards, I pick up 1 every 3 games. This is more than the AI - I concede less free kicks and my team is not that aggressive! Admittedly though, I havent played many games yet, so maybe its just me and my tactics.
    6) Some headed goals from crosses. Wingers never seem to beat a fullback and cross for a headed goal. In fact, the wingers (just like in 09) seem to wait for the full back to get back so it can hit it against them. Again, maybe its just me, but all goals seem to look the same.
    7) Can we have an option to turn off press conferences? I know they are realistic, but at the moment its very much a chore. You dont pick answers you would say in real life, all you can do is say what will upset the squad the least. Its so tedious.
    8) Free kicks are very rarely scored.
    9) Some optimisation of the match engine so it is less jerky and smoother would be hugely appreciated, and just some in general - the delays in clicks on selecting roles is a pain.
    Last edited by Robsabbaggio; 20-01-2010 at 16:01.

Amateur

Yeah same as everyone else pretty much i can't play the game anymore right now.
    I'd improve wide play with full backs getting forward more often.
    Defensive play is pretty shocking. Man marking doesn't work in midfield for me me they don't man mark they just stand in front of the defence and chase the ball like a bunch of buffoons.
    I dunno i am just so frustrated it seems no matter what i do its always the same tactic in the end of someone punts it up stiker gets one on one and hits it straight at the keeper.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Robsabbaggio View Post
    Having finally bought FM2010 last week, I now feel able to comment. There are some nice graphical touches such as full stadiums, and you can play some lovely football at times.

But, there are significant problems, moreso than the final version of FM09. They actually make it less easy to play currently than FM09, which I may have to go back to.

Fortunately, I remember many versions of FM having problems that were sorted by the final patch, so I am quite hopeful. I would like to see in 10.03.

4) Still on scouts, the star ratings. How exactly do you get 5 stars? I have Sergio Aguero rated at 4. I know they are rated against the league, but it would be much better to be rated against your team. As it stands, there is no variation we can use to tell players apart, I have yet to see a 4.5 star or better player! Or better still, let us have two star ratings, one against the club and the other against the league, so we can tell.

6) Some headed goals from crosses. Wingers never seem to beat a fullback and cross for a headed goal. In fact, the wingers (just like in 09) seem to wait for the full back to get back so it can hit it against them. Again, maybe its just me, but all goals seem to look the same.
    These are two of the nagging ones. I don't know exactly how to get 5 stars. There are players with 196 PA, that have only 3 stars of potential! I mean, they're 4 PA away from perfect! I scouted players like Messi, Essien and Ronaldo just to see, and they were only 4.5.

I have 2 strikers who are incredibly good at heading, and my strategy was to use them for that, then have my quick AMC (4.5 star Aguero. I wonder why yours is only 4?) do some damage in the middle. Doesn't work. Since one of the original 2 has average finishing, he can never score, because crosses are always blocked.

Semi Pro

The scouting system takes some getting used to. The reason why Aguero is 4 in his save and 4.5 in yours is because your league and team aren't the same. It's all relative.

Banned

If someone says, "Can we get rid of press conferences?" one more time I am going to beat up an old lady. Is it just me who has a "Send assistant" button or what?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Oypus View Post
    These are two of the nagging ones. I don't know exactly how to get 5 stars. There are players with 196 PA, that have only 3 stars of potential! I mean, they're 4 PA away from perfect! I scouted players like Messi, Essien and Ronaldo just to see, and they were only 4.5.
    As mentioned, this is just you misunderstanding how the star-system works (or SI failing to explain it).

The stars are given relative to your clubs standing, and the other players on your team and in your league. So Ronaldo on a CCC team would be rated 5 stars, but on a top team in the world, he might not get a full score (no one would, probably).

Amateur

I'm sure there is a methodology underpinning the star ratings, but its seems semi-ridiculous when the likes of Messi dont have 5 stars!

Amateur

Red face Re: Patch 10.3 hopes

So patch 10.3 is coming out around mid february?

add Jo to Galatasaray already

funny thing when Jo was my first transfer to Galatasaray in Fm2010 and posted with my very first tactic on here.

heh he may be not coming tho... there are just rumours

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Suge View Post
    If someone says, "Can we get rid of press conferences?" one more time I am going to beat up an old lady. Is it just me who has a "Send assistant" button or what?
    And sending your assistant has no repercussions at all? The fact is they are an annoyance if you attend and if you don't attend they are a lottery and can severely harm your morale.

Don't you realise that?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Suge View Post
    No you're not the only one with that button, but since assistant managers regularly make a balls up of their press conferences and since motivation and what is said in these press conferences has such a huge bearing on your next result then most people are forced into it.

Part-Timer

I totally agree with decreasing the effects of team talks and press conferences.

It is crazy that a manager can say 1 wrong thing in the press, leading to everyone playing badly.

It also works heavily in my favour as well, which is sooooo unrealistic. I can pinpoint players with poor determination and poor professionalism through interactions, and lower my opposing teams morale.

In reality, I feel a lot of players ignore the media. I remember seeing a documentary of a player who turned actor and he said there was only one thing that was similar and that was that you learn to ignore critism from the media or you just wont survive.

It feels to me that the whole media in FM2010 is based around the "armchair" fan and not based on real life motivation. As far as I can tell, most players ignore the media, are actually more professional than we are lead to believe and on most part - its the managers who enter these media battles and usually its because of referees.

Tactics are also extreemly erratic - it seems centralised tactics do better than wide ones. (ie no wingers as to with wingers AMR/AML etc)

I would also like SI to diminish the effects of slightly "incorrect" tactics.

It is amazing how 1-2 notches of a slider can do to a teams performance. Is that really THAT realistic?

To me its strange how my whole team is playing poorly, and I make 1-2 changes in mentality and closing down and suddenly the entire side is playing like Barcelona.

It's like a real life manager says "Hey <player> I want you to play 15% less attacking, and increase your closing down by about 5%" to his team who is down 1-0 and then suddenly, they go on to win 3-1.

It is just incredible.

The game has become so complex (it loosk simple, but it really is not.) and the attempts to make it meaningful via the new tactics setup has only made things worse.

Also the tactics design as a whole is poor. Most people do not know that if they change a team setting, it does not over-ride individual player settings.

You cant help but think that the whole tactics design is just a mess.
    Last edited by Ezequiel_Lavezzi; 20-01-2010 at 18:03.

Youth Team

Oooo, I have thought of one. Remove home bias for cup ties played at neutral venues, such as semi-finals and finals.

Amateur

the offside has to be fixed. i can appreciate the opposition playing the offside trap but surely my strikers cannot be so thick to be caught offside 5 or more times per game, missing valuable chances.

Amateur

I really really really hope they will remove the vast number of lame african players being loaded in the game database. In Croatian database for example you have 5000 players in small database of which at least 1000 or more are african. That bugs me a lot, though it used to be worse before the new patch. I don't know how it's with other databases, but hope it will be fixed.

Amateur
    Hiding under the stands of where New Anfield might get built...

Personally I want Liverpool to find form in patch 10.3

Amateur

For me it would be better defending, better player off the ball movement, team playing styles.

Thats all for 10.3, as I know they wont be able to improve the players' decision making,passing,off the ball movement and many other things.

However a tip for SI for next year's edition would be to DRASTICALLY improve the off the ball movement, only then will the football and tactics feel much better.

Part-Timer

Make the regen distribution less random.

Amateur

No more Super Keepers.

Amateur

make the press conference ralistic. Please, it can't be so annoying with allways the same question. And if you make one bad move, you are losing. Look, if I want to tell the media we are loser, we will look to defend, we have no chances in the match, why can't I talk to my team and say I wanted the opposition feels that they have an easy match. Guys, we are winning it. We will surprose them. But what I get? My team is dissapointing with my press conference. Was I talking to my team or to my opponent and the world? Believe me, it is never equal what a manager say in the press and the words to the team. The job of a manager is to divert the atention from his team, to let the players be cool and have no pressure. But when you try to get this in this game, you only get dissapointing word from your players stupid.

I like to watch other matches. I allways look at the calender and attend the derbys and some matches. But, this should rise my managing skills. I mean, the knowledge about tactics and stil. Because I am watching how the opposition is playing, and learn from it. And it would be nice to get some press question about the match. To tell the media how you saw the game. If you was right, it could rise your points as a manager, and your popularity. Because, I still don't get it why the commentary allways say that I am in the stands to watch the match.

Amateur

Right then I have a few so bare with me!

1 - Main priority should be the ease of playing through balls only to find the Superkeeper.

2 - AI Transfer Intelligence and training & youth development

3 - OI should be easier to do on mass, instead of clicking through every bloody profile. Suferosa had an awesome tool in FM09 and it made the whole issue so much easier and fun.

4 - Teamtalks and media by the Ass Man should be good. I dont want to take charge of every interview or TT so if my Ass Man has 20 motivation, mind games etc then he should be bloody good. Ass Man should just be better in general IMO.

5 - I think more explanation of the whole game and how it works would be a good start. Touchline shouts are a good idea but I dont have a clue on what they actually change. Im left to guess or find it out myself, now im pretty sure that doesnt happen IRL! I always thought 'hassle' would increase closing down but it infact man marks which is something I really dont want.

6 - I dont understand why any lower league teams wouldnt want my youth players on free loans! No English team wanted to loan Jose Baxter when i offered him!?!

7 - Sendings off in general but it goes both ways! If the last man commits a foul then he should be sent off. On the other end my players are getting straight reds even though they arent aggressive, dirty, hard tackling etc and its different players all over the pitch! Iv had 5 in my last 6 games FFS

8 - Scout ratings arent great and should be improved somehow and you should maybe be able to scout for certain player roles, rather than doing it manually?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Comedybegs View Post
    6 - I dont understand why any lower league teams wouldnt want my youth players on free loans! No English team wanted to loan Jose Baxter when i offered him!?!
    I agree with this one... After all these years the loan system is still awful. (regarding youngsters..)
    Got better over the years but not enough...
    Affiliates helped this a bit but not enough, especially because in some countries the affiliates system is kinda flawed.

I'd also like to have dynamic league rep but that would be kinda hard in a patch.

Amateur

Like most people have said - the transfer system in 10.2 is ridiculous, like Barcelona paying £10m for 30 year old Harry Kewell etc. This needs sorting out for sure in 10.3.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ensar13 View Post
    Yes, please. Give as this. I mean, I lunch my ST, he wants to dribble the GK, and the GK tackle him. Penalty and red card.
    And yeeeeeessss! I got a penalty for handballed the ball. It was against me, but it is nice to see a penalty of this art
    Also i want to see Keeper getting yellow card for delay game. And i want to see goalkeeper injured.

Amateur

Offside rules need a bit of tinkering. Right back scored a fluke and a striker was *offside* when he wasn't even interfering. Pfft.

Regen system - my game seems on the verge of dieing with no decent players...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Riodevil View Post
    What are your hopes for patch 10.3?
    I personally hope that the Match Engine bugs will be fixed . . .

-discuss-
    Press conferences. When the media ask if you are interested in signing a player:
    If you respond no, and the player isn't on your shortlist, and you don't interact with him in any way, they should never ask you again.
    They may ask you once more if you have some interaction with the player, if you respond no again, they never ask again.

A small annoyance, but an easy fix. I should not be asked about Barnetta (or any other random player) four or five times for no reason at all, especially if I respond with an emphatic NO on every occasion.

Part-Timer

My hope is it doesnt make my tactics completly useless. I have been using basically the same tactics for 10 seasons now and liking the results. Even though they are always goal fests I'm quite enjoying it. I like all the 4-3s.

Semi Pro

Players learning languages. I have had a Brazilian keeper who has known he will be transferred to my club in Spain for 2 years. Yet, he has refused to learn a word of Spanish.

Part-Timer

Players learning languages. I have had a Brazilian keeper who has known he will be transferred to my club in Spain for 2 years. Yet, he has refused to learn a word of Spanish.
    He might be trying but is maybe a little mentally challanged like my Italian player who has been living in england for 4 years and still cant speak a word.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Born2killzone View Post
    He might be trying but is maybe a little mentally challanged like my Italian player who has been living in england for 4 years and still cant speak a word.
    Romance(Portuguese)-Romance Language(Spanish) acquisition is much easier than Romance(Italian)-Germanic(English)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by torsportsfan View Post
    Romance(Portuguese)-Romance Language(Spanish) acquisition is much easier than Romance(Italian)-Germanic(English)
    Over four years? Can't speak it at all? That has nothing to do with linguistics.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Born2killzone View Post
    Over four years? Can't speak it at all? That has nothing to do with linguistics.
    I was just responding to the first comment how the brazillian has been living in Spain for 2 years and hasent picked up the language. That's just ridicoulous.

I can't wait for the final patch and to start my career game

Semi Pro

He hasn't lived there at all, but rather has known he will be in 2 years. If I were going to move to Spain in 2 years for certain, I would at least try to learn some basic Spanish...

Third Team

My hope is that there will be no bugs that will have to be left over untill FM2011.

Like the corner routine bug on last years FM. I just hope after the last patch the game can be fully enjoyable, without having to wait for FM2011 because something is not right with FM10 10.3.

Amateur

I hope for no pause just before your team is drawn in a cup, completely ruining the suspense.

Also, if you are a goal up late on, the opposition are awarded a corner and there are a few seconds of commentary delay, you know it's a goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast