Thread: Sign up to BETA test Football Manager Live

Default Sign up to BETA test Football Manager Live

It's not just the features in version 1.4 that we're working on before the reset, there's loads more going on; including another major update (version 1.5) and a whole load of other stuff behind the scenes.

With all these changes comes the need for extra testing, so we're on the lookout for people who want to get involved and help us improve the game for the future. As well as reporting on any bugs and errors you may find, you'll also have the opportunity to get involved in the many debates that go on in the beta forums about features and how they'll work. So this really is an opportunity to change the way the game is played!

Remember, since it’s a beta, the game-play may well be disrupted throughout the test in the following ways.

1. There may be outages (however we’ll do our best to communicate these with you in advance).
    2. The game will be updated regularly (and we're sure some changes might introduce bugs for you to catch).
    3. There will be occasional "stress tests" where we try and get as many people to log on at the same time as possible to test how well our servers can cope (we'll need you to help out in these as much as you can).
    4. Due to the nature of beta, the gameworlds may need to be reset at some point during the test as well as shut down after the reset if they are no longer needed.

In a nutshell, you get to see everything that's coming in the future but with the likelihood of there being some problems. We also reserve the right to remove any teams that become inactive.

You'll be asked to post any bugs or feedback about the BETA test in the community forums. Your feedback is incredibly important in shaping the game for the future and anything you write will be listened to, so make sure you get involved!

Part-Timer

Default Re: Sign up to BETA test Football Manager Live

signed up for it in November, not got anything back yet

We've been collating email addresses. Those who are on this list will be added to BETA once we've collected those who sign up from this post and the newsletter.

Amateur

Cool, I'm on the list. Is this going to be in existing beta worlds or starting fresh using the new preselected player pools?

Part-Timer

I signed up to that and got a mail from Marc Duffy a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to re-register on that link?

Quote Originally Posted by darrkespur View Post
    Cool, I'm on the list. Is this going to be in existing beta worlds or starting fresh using the new preselected player pools?
    It will be a combination of the two

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts View Post
    I signed up to that and got a mail from Marc Duffy a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to re-register on that link?
    If you're already in BETA there's no need to sign back up. If you're not then please sign up

Amateur

I thought i had access but i cant login ?.....BERTIE !!!!!!!!!!!! fix

***edit***

signed up again..ohh well
    Last edited by 010 United; 19-01-2010 at 13:56.

Amateur

So if we sign op today, we'll get into Beta when? Cause I remember signing op along time ago too, without any answers.

At some point in the next week or so once we've got enough people on the list

We'll let you know when you're in

Amateur

Bertie, I was in beta for about a week or so, just before Altobelli went live. But i deleted my beta exe. by mistake as i didn't realise you could have two different accounts on the same computer and in my haste to get logged into the opening of Altobelli. Would there be a way to get back into beta testing? as my details are still in the database and i'd be interesting in finding faults/bugs with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ladies love cool james View Post
    Bertie, I was in beta for about a week or so, just before Altobelli went live. But i deleted my beta exe. by mistake as i didn't realise you could have two different accounts on the same computer and in my haste to get logged into the opening of Altobelli. Would there be a way to get back into beta testing? as my details are still in the database and i'd be interesting in finding faults/bugs with the game.
    If you're not in the BETA right now I'd recommend signing up again using the link above

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie BG View Post
    If you're not in the BETA right now I'd recommend signing up again using the link above
    Thought it might hamper my chances if i was in beta before? anyway signed up again.

Lurker

I'm very interested in the BETA testing, would love to be a part of it and help out with recognising bugs etc.

Have signed up via the newsletter so i hiope i get a chance to help out!

Amateur

Got a message through to say I'm assigned to Miller (yay) but I still can't log on to the beta forum (I've tried logging out and in) - are the accounts activated yet?

Amateur

I was in the same boat as some of the other guys, I had an old BETA but couldn't make it so I could play on FML on both accounts so panicked and the ended up forgettin about it. I really want to test the new one out

Thanks

Banned

Yo bertie sort your old mate sheriff out an account on a beta not been accepted yet *Snip* thanks bra
    Last edited by Rb; 20-01-2010 at 08:18. Reason: Can't have emails so public ;)

Banned

aye ive been assigned to miller, it says its down, but when i sign in it says - sign in credentials not recognised and on beta forums says i dont have access, tried signing in and out

Amateur

I have the exact same problem as the guy above

Amateur

i have the same problem i cant sign into the gameorld or forum

Miller is down currently and was most of last night if I recall.

As for forum access, could you please make sure you are logging in with the same email / password as you do with your beta account. If you still cannot access the beta forum, please next try a server refresh on the homepage (here : http://community.sigames.com/ - then press f5) if the problem still persists after doing this could you PM me with these details :

Your email address you use to log into beta, your team name in beta and finally your gameworld.

That way I can pass it onto the correct people to look at your situation.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rb; 20-01-2010 at 08:31.

Amateur

Do we know when we will hear back if we are in to beta or not?

Amateur

i have the same problem as the guys 2 and 3 posts back, can't reach the forum so i've sent you a message Rb. also can someone tell me if i can run the beta next to the regular fml so i can sign in to my normal team again?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by magicwout View Post
    i have the same problem as the guys 2 and 3 posts back, can't reach the forum so i've sent you a message Rb. also can someone tell me if i can run the beta next to the regular fml so i can sign in to my normal team again?
    Yes you can because it is 2 different clients

Amateur

I've signed up via the news letter and got a reply saying they'll let me know if i've been successfull or not- anyone any idea how long that will take? its just that i got an e-mail saying my account will be cancelled on the 26th as sub ran out and i obviousley cant renew at the minute!

Amateur

It's not just the features in version 1.4 that we're working on before the reset, there's loads more going on; including another major update (version 1.5) and a whole load of other stuff behind the scenes.

With all these changes comes the need for extra testing, so we're on the lookout for people who want to get involved and help us improve the game for the future. As well as reporting on any bugs and errors you may find, you'll also have the opportunity to get involved in the many debates that go on in the beta forums about features and how they'll work. So this really is an opportunity to change the way the game is played!

Remember, since it’s a beta, the game-play may well be disrupted throughout the test in the following ways.

1. There may be outages (however we’ll do our best to communicate these with you in advance).
    2. The game will be updated regularly (and we're sure some changes might introduce bugs for you to catch).
    3. There will be occasional "stress tests" where we try and get as many people to log on at the same time as possible to test how well our servers can cope (we'll need you to help out in these as much as you can).
    4. Due to the nature of beta, the gameworlds may need to be reset at some point during the test as well as shut down after the reset if they are no longer needed.

In a nutshell, you get to see everything that's coming in the future but with the likelihood of there being some problems. We also reserve the right to remove any teams that become inactive.

You'll be asked to post any bugs or feedback about the BETA test in the community forums. Your feedback is incredibly important in shaping the game for the future and anything you write will be listened to, so make sure you get involved!

signed up, spent so much time on here that im now fed up waiting for a reply

Quote Originally Posted by si jermyn View Post
    signed up, spent so much time on here that im now fed up waiting for a reply
    A reply for what?

Amateur

just signed up how is it decided who gets into Beta is it on a first come first served basis or on time online in your normal gw or is it another way?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Robbo View Post
    just signed up how is it decided who gets into Beta is it on a first come first served basis or on time online in your normal gw or is it another way?
    Its based on who signed up / when I think. The important thing is to get a mixture of people into beta. There's not point having a gameworld full of harcore users when quite honestly that isn't what will be in live.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtommo View Post
    I've signed up via the news letter and got a reply saying they'll let me know if i've been successfull or not- anyone any idea how long that will take? its just that i got an e-mail saying my account will be cancelled on the 26th as sub ran out and i obviousley cant renew at the minute!
    I'm afraid there isn't a timeframe on such things. Joining beta should never be a replacement for live, as its one hell of a much more unstable beast. Obviously you can't sign up again for live currently. But I thought I'd make the point

Quote Originally Posted by Rb View Post
    Miller is down currently and was most of last night if I recall.

As for forum access, could you please make sure you are logging in with the same email / password as you do with your beta account. If you still cannot access the beta forum, please next try a server refresh on the homepage (here : http://community.sigames.com/ - then press f5) if the problem still persists after doing this could you PM me with these details :

Your email address you use to log into beta, your team name in beta and finally your gameworld.

That way I can pass it onto the correct people to look at your situation.

Thanks.
    Just a minor update on this, there was a bug which was effecting 51 users, which meant they couldn't access the beta forums. As long as you're signing in with the same password you use to access your beta world / you received the invitation to the beta world from then you should now be able to access the beta forum.

If this isn't the case please let me know using the method above ^

Amateur

Got the email saying all who had requested beta had been accepted.

I have never been in beta before so where do i find the actual beta client for this?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by marsizzler View Post
    Got the email saying all who had requested beta had been accepted.

I have never been in beta before so where do i find the actual beta client for this?

Cheers
    Which beta world were you invited to? If it was Horton then don't expect a beta client email until some time next week I would have thought

Lurker

Hi All,

Are Beta applicants still being accepted? I just signed up in the hope I could get into it

Cheers

Banned

Same question here as Xandrika, are there spaces available still? I've not played FML in ages, really hope I can get a taster of what is to come!

Amateur

Please give me access to beta world - I would really enjoy seeing whats around the corner and giving feedback where appropriate. Cheers, Will

Amateur

Nice! I signed up 3 days ago Been doing this game now for 13 seasons :| Plus I want to annoy Glynn more *giggle* :P

Amateur

i think i signed up to beta but not sure is there any way of checking or should i just sign up again?

Banned

Is it too late to get a place in any of the Beta worlds?

Amateur

Signed up on the 19th for this. Haven't received anthing yet. Have I missed out?

Signed up on the 19th for this. Haven't received anthing yet. Have I missed out?
    If you signed up on the 19th you should have received an email about launch dates for it.

The only exception to this would be if you were already in another BETA gameworld. We'll be sending out further details of the gameworld and how to access it early this week.

There's still a few places left so there's no harm in signing up again

Amateur

I'm not in a beta gameworld atm Bert. Will try again.

Part-timer

I'm not in a beta gameworld atm Bert. Will try again.
    Same here.

Banned

Hey Bert, or anyone for that matter, if I havent heard yet, does that mean I'm not in?

Thanks

Amateur

The day 19 i received one invitation for play/test the Beta and i filled the fields for entry it.

The day 22 i received other mail, confirmating my entry and this... "The plan is that Horton will launch on Wednesday 27th January at 7:30pm (GMT)." But i dont received some link for down the client.

Other player give me one link for down it, but with my log/pass of my actual GW in Saunders, i cant donwload it.

HORTON start tomorrow and i havent news.

Quote Originally Posted by bendito View Post
    The day 19 i received one invitation for play/test the Beta and i filled the fields for entry it.

The day 22 i received other mail, confirmating my entry and this... "The plan is that Horton will launch on Wednesday 27th January at 7:30pm (GMT)." But i dont received some link for down the client.

Other player give me one link for down it, but with my log/pass of my actual GW in Saunders, i cant donwload it.

HORTON start tomorrow and i havent news.
    There is a new client for Horton. This will hopefully be sent to you all via e-mail today

Please delete all traces of the older client as it could get in the way of installing the new one.

The client e-mail will be sent to everyone who is in the new BETA gameworld.

Amateur

Incase we dont get the client link emailed today can you post it on here this evening please?

Viva Las Horton

Quote Originally Posted by Chinchilla Gorilla View Post
    Incase we dont get the client link emailed today can you post it on here this evening please?

Viva Las Horton
    No problem

Banned

Are my posts invisible?

Banned

Be nice if someone could give me an answer, one way or the other.

Please don't spam, I try and answer questions as soon as I see them and I thought I had already answered yours, but it seems as if it was in a different thread.

The answer is that anyone who signed up after last Thursday's email was sent still has a good chance of playing in the BETA. We are sending out an email hopefully this afternoon, but if not tomorrow morning, with details of how to download the client to EVERYONE who has made it to the Horton gameworld.

If you're not on this e-mail list, then the likelyhood is that you haven't made it this time around but we will keep your details in reserve for future spaces. Please make sure to check all your spam folders and put email@messages3.sega.com onto your safelist to make sure that you're not blocking us. (That email address is the address for our automated email service, please don't try and send an email to that address as it will not be read.)

The client has now been e-mailed out. Download details are available in the subscriber forum here if you can't see it. As noted in that post, please DON'T download the client unless you are in the BETA. You won't be able to log in and you'll just put extra pressure on our auto-patcher servers.

Thanks.

i have a problem how do i download beta to me PC? iv been trying for several hours n it keeps copying itself over my FML live game meaning i then need to reinstall my live game, what am i doing wrong? i have windows vista n a PC just dodnt understand it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stan21111980 View Post
    i have a problem how do i download beta to me PC? iv been trying for several hours n it keeps copying itself over my FML live game meaning i then need to reinstall my live game, what am i doing wrong? i have windows vista n a PC just dodnt understand it
    You need to install the beta client into a different folder/directory to the one where your current fml live client is, you can change where it installs on the installation process.

Amateur

Just change the install location mate, install it to a different folder and it should work fine.

Amateur

Hello there, I registered for FML Beta about 5-6 days ago and I have recieved the confirmation email of signing up to BETA but I have not received email recently saying whether or not I was successful, or an email providing with the download link for the BETA Cilent.

It would be registered under my current email address DanielRudden@blueyonder.co.uk

I have had plenty of experience with FML being part of Gameworld Platini since Day one, and I am now the FA Org for the SFA, YOUTH and SUPER FA's.

Would appreciate an update

Thanks

Daniel
    Last edited by Roxas; 27-01-2010 at 00:56.

Amateur

ive just downloaded the horton beta their and now it keeps saying my password is incorrect so i keep changing my password and it still wont work... whats the problem and i if anybody else has had the same problem and fixed it will you please inbox me to tell me how to work it.. because i cant sign into my other gameworld now... thanks

If you try and log in using the client before 7:30pm (GMT) on Wednesday 27th January you will get an error, so please wait until then before you use the client.

1) you needed to install the client in a DIFFERENT folder than your normal GW (hence now not being able to get in your normal GW if you installed it in the default location)

2) The GW DOES NOT go live til 7.30pm tonight so you WILL NOT be able to sign in.

Amateur

Hi all,
    I have received the e-mail with the beta client.I am ready for tonight's launch and eager to test and examine all the new features that have been introduced in FML.
    However, i cant find a single thread in the fora about Beta Discussion.Do you know why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    Hello there, I registered for FML Beta about 5-6 days ago and I have recieved the confirmation email of signing up to BETA but I have not received email recently saying whether or not I was successful, or an email providing with the download link for the BETA Cilent.

It would be registered under my current email address DanielRudden@blueyonder.co.uk

I have had plenty of experience with FML being part of Gameworld Platini since Day one, and I am now the FA Org for the SFA, YOUTH and SUPER FA's.

Would appreciate an update

Thanks

Daniel
    If you think you should be in BETA but haven't received the client download email last night, please contact support and they will be able to look you up

http://support.footballmanagerlive.com

Quote Originally Posted by GregGR View Post
    Hi all,
    I have received the e-mail with the beta client.I am ready for tonight's launch and eager to test and examine all the new features that have been introduced in FML.
    However, i cant find a single thread in the fora about Beta Discussion.Do you know why is that?
    There is a private BETA forum which you will automatically have access to after the gameworld launches tonight

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyd View Post
    ive just downloaded the horton beta their and now it keeps saying my password is incorrect so i keep changing my password and it still wont work... whats the problem and i if anybody else has had the same problem and fixed it will you please inbox me to tell me how to work it.. because i cant sign into my other gameworld now... thanks
    To clarify.

As was explained in the email - the client for this BETA gameworld is different from your live one. As such you will need to install it in a different directory if you would like to keep both on your PC. You may also have to manually create a new shortcut on your desktop.

The gameworld doesn't launch till 7:30pm so please don't try to log in until then or you will get an error.

Amateur

Is it still possible to sign up for this gameworld? I signed up yesterday, just wondering wether i've missed the boat.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CornoSpurs View Post
    Is it still possible to sign up for this gameworld? I signed up yesterday, just wondering wether i've missed the boat.

Cheers
    It depends when you signed up yesterday? Did you get an email with the client?

If not, then yes you've probably missed the boat for this one, but we always need new BETA testers and we'll keep the details of anyone who isn't in this gameworld in reserve for when we need to top up the numbers.

Thanks for your interest

Amateur

Yeah it was last thing yesterday, ah well, always next time I guess!

Amateur

Flagged a ticket, thanks for the advice
    Last edited by Roxas; 27-01-2010 at 12:14.

Banned

Sorry about that Bertie, thanks for the replies my friend.

Amateur

i have downloaded the beta download i recieved last night.. this gw beta doesnt open till 7-30 pm tonight but when ever i download it it deletes or replaces my current fml link so i cant play on my current gameworlds.. is there anyway that i would be able to play beta and my current accounts.. thanks

Amateur

ok ive sorted my own problem.. if any1 else has this problem just rename ur FML Beta link (fml beta) otherwise it will replace your current link ! Simples.. !

Amateur

the client for this BETA gameworld is different from your live one. As such you will need to install it in a different directory if you would like to keep both on your PC. You may also have to manually create a new shortcut on your desktop.

The gameworld doesn't launch till 7:30pm so please don't try to log in until then or you will get an error

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gerara View Post
    the client for this BETA gameworld is different from your live one. As such you will need to install it in a different directory if you would like to keep both on your PC. You may also have to manually create a new shortcut on your desktop.

The gameworld doesn't launch till 7:30pm so please don't try to log in until then or you will get an error

when i log in.. howw does tht work? do i use my email addreess and current password? or?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcarter11 View Post
    when i log in.. howw does tht work? do i use my email addreess and current password? or?
    You use the SEGA Pass account email and password you used to sign up to the BETA list

Amateur

Ahh.. i cant even remember doing that lol!.. i guess it wud be my normal email and pass tho so ill just have to give tht a try lol.. cheerz

Do you play in live?

Was the client e-mail sent to the same address you use in live?

If the answer to both those is yes, then it will be the same password as well

Amateur

I was accepted in beta for version 1.4 but when i'm trying to sign in i can because they tell me that don't recognised my credentials.Please check your email adress and password. Please help!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by torres11 View Post
    I was accepted in beta for version 1.4 but when i'm trying to sign in i can because they tell me that don't recognised my credentials.Please check your email adress and password. Please help!
    The gameworld does not open until 7:30

Banned

yeh i get the same problem.. is everyone getting the same error about sign in cerdentials not recognised..

is that whats supposed to happen

Amateur

Is the Horton Beta up and Running yet?

Banned

qtw when u click sign in.. do u get the erros about sign in cerdentials

It isn't 7.30pm yet? When its 7.30pm GMT then you will be able to log in.

Just for those that are confused. Its currently 6pm GMT, so you will be able to access the gameworld in an hour and a half.

Banned

right cool its just that the email says that the error will be wbout not been able to join the gw.. not about sign in creds

Amateur

that makes sence, Sorry fella's I'm on yankee time. lol

Amateur

I'm guessing credentials will be the same as the regular GW i got right ?

It will be the same as whatever account you used to sign up for the beta. So if you didn't sign up using the same account as your live one, it won't be the same credentials...

Banned

well i singed up useing the same account.. yet i get the sign in creds error.. im guessing that's whats supposed to happen .

and i aint stupid.. i know its not open till 7.30..

only asking cause the error that the email sayed. is different to the 1 im getting the now

i dont wanna find that come 7.30 i still cant log in. when ive been trying to tell you that ive got a diffrent error
    Last edited by animal; 27-01-2010 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    well i singed up useing the same account.. yet i get the sign in creds error.. im guessing that's whats supposed to happen .

and i aint stupid.. i know its not open till 7.30..

only asking cause the error that the email sayed. is different to the 1 im getting the now

i dont wanna find that come 7.30 i still cant log in. when ive been trying to tell you that ive got a diffrent error
    The email didn't specify an error, only that there would be one.

Just to let you all know that unfortunately, the BETA launch has had to be delayed by half an hour. We are now estimating the launch will happen at 8:00pm (GMT).

Sorry for the inconvenience

I'm going to close this thread for now. I'll shortly be starting a thread in the BETA Discussions forum for tonights issues. You will all be able to automatically see this once the gameworld has started.

In the meantime please post any questions in the subscriber forum here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=185203