Free Transfers - possible bug

Hello all,

In my 5 season and I lost Gerrard on a free at the end of last season. He wanted £100k a week and even though a vital part of my squad, I decided to run it down and snap him up cheaply with a week or so to go on it.

However his demands went up to £160K the week before so I lost him :(

However it is not November 2013 and he is still a free agent. Even though he is only 33 he was 32 when he was available and my scouts still say he is a 4 star player and also he is still known as a Worldwide player?!?

Surely a bug no one snapped him up?

Been free agent for 5 months? No one even interested?

I think its a bug. Ive notice this happen to most of the top players when they reach 33. They just hang around for a bit till they decide to retire.

Have a look at others about the same age they will probably be transfer listed in the reserves with no one even slightly interested.

That is a little strange. On my save, I've had Man City sign some big-named players on a free - Ribery was one that I was slightly miffed about because I didn't realise he was available! :(

They are almost reliably good at snapping up the free's simply because they can afford their wage demands. In saying that, Gerrard may be too busy weeping in self pitty that his greed got the better of him, and simply cannot see the contracts through his teary eyes.

(I went for a dramatic scenario to your outcome - did I go a little too far?)

I think thats only because the amount of money he will be asking for, I dont think its a bug.

Hello all,

In my 5 season and I lost Gerrard on a free at the end of last season. He wanted £100k a week and even though a vital part of my squad, I decided to run it down and snap him up cheaply with a week or so to go on it.

However his demands went up to £160K the week before so I lost him :(

However it is not November 2013 and he is still a free agent. Even though he is only 33 he was 32 when he was available and my scouts still say he is a 4 star player and also he is still known as a Worldwide player?!?

Surely a bug no one snapped him up?

Been free agent for 5 months? No one even interested?

I think thats only because the amount of money he will be asking for, I dont think its a bug.

But that in itself is a bug surely?

Pricing himself out of any sort of move?

Players given in after a certain period of time when it becomes obvious no one wants them.

I like to stick to my budget.

I don't have any players over 120k a week and if so only 2 max.

I tend to try to stay under 1m a week wage budget.

On the subject of people saying it aint a bug. Look at the facts.

He has captained my side to 4 cl and leagues back to back. He was only 32 on a free and had consistantly got goals and high average ratings for me. He was also my fans player of the year that year!!!

IRL loads of teams would be knocking at the door, he would of probably been pre-contracted (something that has never happened to any of my players btw).l

I messed up and IM glad he aint at City, Barca, United, etc BUT for me its deffo a bug.

On a side not I am now in January 2014 and he still is nowhere. I offered him £250k a week and top everything else just to see what he said and he knocked it back.

Once he leaves he wont come back , On my game he played for liverpool until he was 37 and he was in the first team ...

Honestly!!

Thats a blow.

I tend to sell players, whilst I can get the money for them, as in I sold Torres that summer for £35m as he was 29 going on 30 in the new season.

I bought Pato for 43m, who has been poo but my change in style means I am walking everything. (4 goals conceded in the league and already in Jan!!)

However I am missing Stevie. Modric as captain, just doesnt cut it im afraid.

Honestly!!

Thats a blow.

I tend to sell players, whilst I can get the money for them, as in I sold Torres that summer for £35m as he was 29 going on 30 in the new season.

I bought Pato for 43m, who has been poo but my change in style means I am walking everything. (4 goals conceded in the league and already in Jan!!)

However I am missing Stevie. Modric as captain, just doesnt cut it im afraid.

Torres for 35m at 29 ... Man i would love to do business with you .. lol

I know there is a hidden player stat for loyalty, but is or should there be a hidden stat for club loyalty to players because I feel that Liverpool would never release Gerrard on a free, even if he played until 38, in a similar way to Man Utd's golden oldies.

I think you're onto something here...

Maybe Gerrard's wage is on the expensive side, but I've seen the same happening to players at the peak of their career...

Contract's expiring, the team doesn't offer a new one/the player turns it down. NO other AI team tries to sign the player during his final 6 months of contract, the players leaves on free transfer.

Over 4 years I've signed a DOZEN of good players who had been released and "forgotten". The laughable thing is ALL of them could have been valuable first team players for ANY club in the league, yet I managed to sign them with no opposition.

And I had to leave some more behind, as I had no need for more.

Of course while perfectly good HG players are free agents, the AI clubs went on buying obscure 30yo Colombians or 20yo below-average Americans or Brazilians... A waste of non-HG spots and a waste of national talent

Needs fixing?

Archived