The stars in coach reports

I have been sat here ages looking through the net. Tryin to get my head around the star rating system, I understand the scouting star system (3 star potential would be the same as your best player 3+ would be better etc). I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on how the stars in the COACH reports work?

And for me the most important part of it, how you would rate against the league you are in. For example would Chelsea have players rated 4+ stars and Burnley have 2 star players. Or if not how does it work? my heads all over the place haha

Any help would be much appreciated!

Coach reprots are compare the player to the best players in the league your in. Scout reports of senior players and compared to like for like senior players in your team. Scout reports of youngsters are also comparing potential to the senior players in your team. Basically :)

Coach reprots are compare the player to the best players in the league your in. Scout reports of senior players and compared to like for like senior players in your team. Scout reports of youngsters are also comparing potential to the senior players in your team. Basically :)

So to be a good signing in say the premier league you would need 3 stars? So 5 stars would obviously be someone like Drogba.

Scout Drogba and see what it says. I'd say it wont be 5 stars but it will be near enough.

I know but i wont be able to see what his stars are in the coach reports, as the scout report stars are different to the coach stars arent they?

Ah yeah, got ya. True.

The scout reports i get. Its just the stars of my Assistant Manager im baffled with. Like I have players in the premier division with 2 and a half stars and I dont know if thats good or not?

This is what I mean and this is why Im confused. Player A has 3 stars and is rated as a good player for the premier league. A 2 star player however is rated as a good player in the championship. But I believe there is also a decent signing for prem and leading star for championship before that, but surely those two ratings cant be in 1 star can it?

the coach reports dont compare to other players in the league, its the rest of the players in your team, if you notice, when you start off at a club certain players might be rated 3. after you bring in better players in the same positions, the players stars will go down, as you have brought in a higher calibre player. like if you are burnley and fletcher is rated at 3 and a half, sign him for chelsea and hel only be rated at 1 and a half or two

the coach reports dont compare to other players in the league, its the rest of the players in your team, if you notice, when you start off at a club certain players might be rated 3. after you bring in better players in the same positions, the players stars will go down, as you have brought in a higher calibre player. like if you are burnley and fletcher is rated at 3 and a half, sign him for chelsea and hel only be rated at 1 and a half or two

yeah but surely if you go of your own players then you would have a five star player (being the best player) comparing with him. And also if it was like that if say for example you could say that darren bent would be the best player at sunderland (so he would be 5 star) and then drogba at chelsea (5 star) but thats not how it works is it?

hmm your right...

see i thought about what you were sayin before and then somethin just went when i realised the scouting reports and coach reports were different, since then ive not been able to get my head around it. I just wanna know if i need to improve my squad or not, coz goin of what i think of the stars, i have about 3 prem quality players!

So to be a good signing in say the premier league you would need 3 stars? So 5 stars would obviously be someone like Drogba.

Scout Gerrard, Torres, Drogba, Lampard, Rooney etc when you manage a team like Burnley and they'll be 5 stars. Whereas if you're managing Man United, Chelsea etc they'd be about 3.5 - 4 stars. Coach reports and scout reports judge players and compare them to players already in your squad, that's why they always say "Player B (would be) is the 2nd/3rd best striker/winger in the squad (if he were to join)...."

I think ive just got it... basically if you are expected to achieve a mid table position in the league, then 3 stars is the minimum requirement you need, if all your players are say 2 and a half then obviously i would need to improve, and if i have ones over 3 then they are good enough?

I think ive just got it... basically if you are expected to achieve a mid table position in the league, then 3 stars is the minimum requirement you need, if all your players are say 2 and a half then obviously i would need to improve, and if i have ones over 3 then they are good enough?

I depends which report you're seeing. If its a scout's report then 3 stars means the player has similar ability to your current players. If its Assistant Manager's team report then 3 stars means the player is of sufficient quality to achieve your minimum requirement.

I depends which report you're seeing. If its a scout's report then 3 stars means the player has similar ability to your current players. If its Assistant Manager's team report then 3 stars means the player is of sufficient quality to achieve your minimum requirement.

yeah i know that now, the scout reports i had the hang of, it was just the assistant manager reports that confused me

My understanding always was when you scout a player you get a star rating telling you just how good the player is compared with your own players and the description like 'would be a leading star for most premiership clubs' telling you how they compare to the players in your league. The stars in the coach reports tell you how good they are compared with players in your league and squad and the description such as 'is the 4th best striker at the club' describes how they rank overall in your squad.

For example Toni Kroos had a 4 and a half star rating by my scouts and assistant before and after I signed him, while I'm guessing Kaka at chelsea was the overall 5 star player in the league in that position. I signed Messi 1 year later and his assistant rating went down to 3 and a half stars as messi is that much better than him and raised the quality of my squad, whilst Kroos hasn't got worse, if anything he is better than when I first signed him but the star rating still went down.

Always take into account the difference between your scouts judging players potential/current ability and your assistants as if you dont have the best assistant there may be a big difference in how good they are at judging the players current/potential ability.

Thats just my thought anyway I may be wrong but its served me well going forward.

I guess if you really wanted to look into this you could download an ingame editor, back up your files, scout some of the top players so you have their reports then move them to your club and compare the assistant manager ratings to your scouts report ones.

My understanding always was when you scout a player you get a star rating telling you just how good the player is compared with your own players and the description like 'would be a leading star for most premiership clubs' telling you how they compare to the players in your league. The stars in the coach reports tell you how good they are compared with players in your league and squad and the description such as 'is the 4th best striker at the club' describes how they rank overall in your squad.

For example Toni Kroos had a 4 and a half star rating by my scouts and assistant before and after I signed him, while I'm guessing Kaka at chelsea was the overall 5 star player in the league in that position. I signed Messi 1 year later and his assistant rating went down to 3 and a half stars as messi is that much better than him and raised the quality of my squad, whilst Kroos hasn't got worse, if anything he is better than when I first signed him but the star rating still went down.

Always take into account the difference between your scouts judging players potential/current ability and your assistants as if you dont have the best assistant there may be a big difference in how good they are at judging the players current/potential ability.

Thats just my thought anyway I may be wrong but its served me well going forward.

I guess if you really wanted to look into this you could download an ingame editor, back up your files, scout some of the top players so you have their reports then move them to your club and compare the assistant manager ratings to your scouts report ones.

That's great mate. Tbh I completely understand now, I wasnt far wrong from what i was thinkin but it was the radical changes from the scouting stars and coaching stars that threw me off when it came to evaluating my own squad. Seeing as I was havin players with 2 and a half stars thinkin that they looked poor against 5 stars. The stars in the coach reports when you said about goin off the players in the league, do you think they are compared to what the assistant managers standard players to achieve your goal. Or the best players in the league?

I think it goes off the best players in the league mainly but I do think the assistant takes into account the expectations for your team when advising you.

Personnally I use the reports as more of a rough guide, sometimes players with lower star ratings do very well for you depending on their stats, like often a no nonsense cb will be more effective than a ball playing one with high technical attributes because of the type of tactics you use or your team may not be of sufficient quality to handle a player that likes to take time on the ball at the back and is therefore more likely to make errors and put you in danger.

Scout reports are good for telling you how good a player will be in the future but even then your scouts do make mistakes. Just use your own judgment mainly, look at how the players perform in matches, check the stats on how many mistakes they have made, how much distance they cover, pass completion % etc, and you can make a much better decision than just listening to your scouts.

It's just weird aswell because I have a player that has 2 stars but when i compare them to a 4 star player using the comparison graph, he has better attributes, so it makes me wonder if i should be goin of the stars at all? so defeatin the whole object of creatin this thread in the first place!!

It's just weird aswell because I have a player that has 2 stars but when i compare them to a 4 star player using the comparison graph, he has better attributes, so it makes me wonder if i should be goin of the stars at all? so defeatin the whole object of creatin this thread in the first place!!

Personally I find that the stars are great when managing at a lower league level or the lower reaches of the premier league, but once I get to the stage where I'm challenging for the title the star ratings become almost useless because almost all my players are rated at 3 stars at best and a 2 star player can easily outperform a 3 star one depending on their actual attributes and how well these suit the position they're playing in.

Personally I find that the stars are great when managing at a lower league level or the lower reaches of the premier league, but once I get to the stage where I'm challenging for the title the star ratings become almost useless because almost all my players are rated at 3 stars at best and a 2 star player can easily outperform a 3 star one depending on their actual attributes and how well these suit the position they're playing in.

In this career game of mine, I started out with QPR workin it by the stars and then the same when i moved to Grays and then Fulham but when I took over at Arsenal I did it for a few months and then started strugglin to find any players. Since I have started goin off attributes I have found loads of good talent!

I always though that the ratings would be for your team's expectations. e.g

Rooney signs for Wolves and you say you'll attempt to avoid relegation I'd imagine he'd have 5 star.

But saying you'll challenge for the title i'd imagine he has 3 and a half stars and so on.

Surely a player of Rooney's current quality would be nearly at 5 stars for every team and in every scenario tho?

I always though that the ratings would be for your team's expectations. e.g

Rooney signs for Wolves and you say you'll attempt to avoid relegation I'd imagine he'd have 5 star.

But saying you'll challenge for the title i'd imagine he has 3 and a half stars and so on.

I think that's basically how it works. That's why the rating of your players gradually declines as expectations rise, unless you replace them, or their rep goes up.

In international management, I took over Nigeria, when their world ranking was awful. My AssMan tells me that my players can achieve "all that is asked of them" (because expectations are so low)

From my best to my worst - all get 5 stars.

My team is not that good for its world ranking position (which has risen a lot in my year in charge), so I don't think that team rep. is the deciding factor.

There's a huge discrepancy between my players' abilities also, so I don't think it comes down to people's ability in comparison to others in your team.

Archived