liquidation

Very sorry if this has been brought up already, but I did a search to see if it had been before i started a new thread.

Can a club in FM go in to liquidation? Ive seen (and currently managing) a team in financial crisis but if it's not improved, can they go into liquidation?

p.s my teams fine now, but just wondering because a couple of teams in the same league are in trouble and are not making any improvements any time soon!

I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure that due to the fact that they're real clubs, that they can't go into liquidation. They always save themselves, or just get points deducted over and over again until they fall off the bottom of the league system. Don't quote me on it though!

I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure that due to the fact that they're real clubs, that they can't go into liquidation. They always save themselves, or just get points deducted over and over again until they fall off the bottom of the league system. Don't quote me on it though!

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :D

On a serious note I think the game instigates a takeover to stop this from ever happening, I suppose it may be difficult to instigate the application process that exists to replace defunct teams.

As everyone seems to be saying, it can't happen. The worst I saw was in FM09 when Watford got promoted to the Prem, spent big and got relegated but didn't shed contracts (I think at one stage they had Andy Johnson and Gignac both on about £70k in the Championship in front of 20,000 crowds) and then failed to win promotion. They went bankrupt and stayed that way for about 3 seasons. I think they eventually stabilised in L1 with a squad full of kids.

Thanks for this guys, I think it should be brought into FM though. Look at Annan in the Third Division in Scotland. If Gretna FC had not had gone bust, Annan would not be in the 3rd division.

Would make it feel more real with clubs in big debts!

Thanks for this guys, I think it should be brought into FM though. Look at Annan in the Third Division in Scotland. If Gretna FC had not had gone bust, Annan would not be in the 3rd division.

Would make it feel more real with clubs in big debts!

Hmm, yeah I suppose. But how many clubs actually fold IRL versus clubs who are in financial trouble? In reality, most clubs are saved at some point.

It's like deadbloke said though... there's no predetermined amount of time before a takeover so you could keep getting docked 9 points, having the administrators selling your best players for a pittance and not being able to replace them eventually culminating in you dropping out of the playable leagues...

But surely clubs should maybe reform in the lower leagues?

But Southampton on one of my saves werein Prem, spent massive and then went backrupt, they suffered 5 relegations in 9 years and ended up in the Blue Square South, with a whole team of English players, the majority of which were born in Southampton. It was kind of cool how it happened. The funniest thing was that the Saints were still playing at St Mary's in front of attendances of around 4000!

As everyone seems to be saying, it can't happen. The worst I saw was in FM09 when Watford got promoted to the Prem, spent big and got relegated but didn't shed contracts (I think at one stage they had Andy Johnson and Gignac both on about £70k in the Championship in front of 20,000 crowds) and then failed to win promotion. They went bankrupt and stayed that way for about 3 seasons. I think they eventually stabilised in L1 with a squad full of kids.

yeah, this is what i thought happened in the game so the points deduction and loss of players causes the club to go down a league or two then stabilise itself there after a takeover maybe

In my FM08 game, Liverpool got kept going into Administation(lol) and after 5 seasons they were in League 2 and constantly being Admin'd. 2 months later in the season their Financial Status changed to Bankrupt. I found this hilarious, but they continued playing on. Albeit relegation battles in L2.

In my FM08 game, Liverpool got kept going into Administation(lol) and after 5 seasons they were in League 2 and constantly being Admin'd. 2 months later in the season their Financial Status changed to Bankrupt. I found this hilarious, but they continued playing on. Albeit relegation battles in L2.

:D now that's something i would love to see

Archived