Dennis Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

So does that mean we won't be able to view his profile? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be unlikely.

It would be good though if Director of Football was intergrated into the game better though, i.e. at some clubs they have power over who you sign/sell, could make for an interesting tug of war....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

So does that mean we won't be able to view his profile? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be unlikely.

It would be good though if Director of Football was intergrated into the game better though, i.e. at some clubs they have power over who you sign/sell, could make for an interesting tug of war.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's supposed to be working "under" Keegen according to what I've heard. Keegan did'nt seem to know much about it and did'nt sound too impressed.

Good to see that Newcastle's organisational skills are still in top order. icon14.gif

Executive director. He'll be developing the academy and sorting out transfers. Apparently.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3087862,00.html

I think Directors of Football would be a good but frustrating addition. Also, you should be able to offer them assistant roles, and when a manager position comes up at one of their favoured clubs the AI should be able to move them if needed. As happens in reality. And vice verca.

I spy a big bug problem if this comes in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stumostro:

That would be unlikely.

It would be good though if Director of Football was intergrated into the game better though, i.e. at some clubs they have power over who you sign/sell, could make for an interesting tug of war.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been discussed before. I think it was rejected on the grounds that people get annoyed enough as it is by what they can currently control... by implementing further restraints on the player (even though only at certain club) you are likely to alienate more players than you will attract.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickholliday:

dennis wise is a loser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He took over Dirty Leeds after the lost out on Premiership football in the play-off final, and took them all the way to League One. Pretty accurate description, I'd say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickholliday:

I don't think there can be too many complaints on that one!

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stimps2:

I don't think there can be too many complaints on that one!

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

593 league appearances.

21 England Caps.

1 England goal.

1988 FA Cup winner with Wimbledon.

76 goals for Chelsea.

1997 FA Cup Winning Captain with Chelsea.

2000 FA Cup Winning Captain with Chelsea.

1998 League Cup winning Captain with Chelsea.

1998 UEFA Cup winning Captain with Chelsea.

2003 FA Cup Runner up Player Manager with Millwall.

1998 European Super Cup winning Captain with Chelsea.

2000 FA Charity Shield winning Captain with Chelsea.

Managerial stats.

Played 174.

Won 75.

Drawn 41.

Lost 58.

Yeah, seems like a right loser to me icon_rolleyes.gif.

- Convicted of assaulting a London taxi-driver and handed a 3 month prison sentence.

- He bit another player during a Cup Winners match

- Stripped of captaincy of Chelsea for discipline problems

- Broke the nose &jaw of team-mate Callum Davidson (the peacemaker in a dispute between Wise and another player)

- He played for Chelsea

What a lovely man..............

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Foster:

If you have got nothing of interest to say dont say anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet you just did.......... icon_confused.gif

I thought I started a good post here and maybe someone from SI could answer so don't lock it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a good post and i am interested in an answer too. Surely he'll return to management in the future so will his profile be visible or become activated if he takes a managers job in the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stimps2:

I thought I started a good post here and maybe someone from SI could answer so don't lock it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a good post and i am interested in an answer too. Surely he'll return to management in the future so will his profile be visible or become activated if he takes a managers job in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he ends up as a DOF, General Manager that will be permanent in the game, he wont leave unless there's a board takeover and he cant be approached for jobs by other clubs. You also wont be able to view his profile.

Would director of football really be something that you would like in the game. It might be an interesting debate whether its even a good idea irl to undermine the manager like that, but if you were to be playing the game and had no say in transfers would that not ruin quite a lot of the fun.

Personally I like signing and selling players, and if I didn't have that authority I would leave that club immediately. I would not see the point in being a Keegan-style manager where the only thing he is employed to do is turn up to training, name a team and give pep talks.

Archived