Undefeated Season? Wow . . .

very well done! i did it once on either 05 or 06 with blackpool in league two.probly my one and only great career wont happen again i dont think. it seems 07/08 both seem way more realistic and im just not that good at these games anymore requires alot of patience!

two unbeaten teams, and there was still a 10 point gap icon_eek.gif

most i ever did was 1 defeat in 08/09. it was my third game, and i eventually went 37 league games without defeat. even though i won the league the following season too, i was gutted that i lost 5 league games icon_biggrin.gif

In older CM 01/02 and CM03/04 I went unbeaten with PSV Eindhoven (who actually won all 38 league games, they were so dominant) and Viking Stavanger who would have won every league game, but for a freak 50-yard 89th minute equaliser in one game!

Closest I've managed in FM was Derby one season losing just 1 game (1-0 at Everton). Unfortunately we drew so many (~half) that we finished runners up to an Arsenal team who lost 7 and conceded way more goals than we did. Served us right, but still it was annoying!

In one of my games, Betis went with 34 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (to my Xerez) in La Liga, which is just about as good as being unbeaten in a lesser league. I was pretty devastated, actually, because every game they should've lost they won 1-0, and every team I thrashed they went 1 or 2 goals better (beat Real Sociedad 4-0, they went and did it 6-0 for example). I only finished second but wondered how on Earth they did it.

They then pilfered my potentially excellent New Zealander right-back just as I tried to get a new contract in, so I'm pretty angry at them right now. I now know why Betis are Xerez's rivals...

I was a tad surprised in my first season at United I had an undefeated season. Still only won by 5 points though as I drew so many games I almost had to dispair.

Was different the following season. Lost games where I had players sent off in the early stages and with 5 games to go I was still behind arsenal by three points, albeit wiht a game in hand, but superior GD. Lost the GiH, but still have to face Arsenal...

My god that was a game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJW1979:

You've got to be annoyed if you are the Porto manager... they also had an unbeaten season and failed to win the league! Who won the cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys don't realize it. It's my first undefeated season yet I failed to win league! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masquerade:

Okay, so in that image Benfica, also unbeaten, won 25 games and drew 4 yet somehow managed to play an extra game in there somewhere that was neither a win, draw or loss to take their total up to 30 games played O.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the image, you'll see that they won 26 and drew 4. What are you talking about? LoL . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomistuck:

It used to be alot easier to have undefeated seasons, so kudos on the good work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Board's not happy that I didn't win league though. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reo hustler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJW1979:

You've got to be annoyed if you are the Porto manager... they also had an unbeaten season and failed to win the league! Who won the cup? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys don't realize it. It's my first undefeated season yet I failed to win league! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're right, i didn't realize either. icon_biggrin.gif

that sucks, nearly happened to me after losing just 1 game icon_frown.gif

just finished my season with Man City 2007/2008 season - unbeaten 22 wins 16 draws won the league by 6 points! Thakshin Shinatra is loving me! LOL gave me a 60 mil budget for the next season.

MY starting 11

Manuel Almunia

Alan Hutton

Richard Dunne

Anton Ferdinand

Gael Clichy

Rafael Van der Vaart

Gelson Fernandes

Elano

Sergio Aguero

Obafemi Martins

Mario Baletti (LEGEND)

2008/2009 will be our season two seasons unbeaten??

Archived