Brilliant Result - The results that make you smile!

Udinese 4-8 Fiorentina made me smile, or at least it did in the second half after we had started to come back from 3-2 down.

Fiorentina 5-3 Catania had me threatening to hurl my laptop into the North Sea when we somehow contrived to go 0-3 down after just 15 minutes, but the next 75 minutes made me smile.

I watch over 50% of Werder Bremen's matches in full match mode now and all of them make me smile to differing degrees, but many also make me punch the settee in frustration. All in all though I just love to watch them play, even when we lose.

That's some final score!

One of my few objections to the current version of FM is that these "crazy" results pop up too frequently. The game is totally deterministic: If a player is due to score a hattrick, he'll do so, no matter how the rest of the team performs. Teams rarely cancel each other out (which would be the natural thing) but proceeds to score a gazillion goals as if they participate in some weird turn-based football game.

When I first downloaded the 802 patch and had problems with my tactics, I got this score (I was Newcastle):

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newcastlechelseaupdatednw7.jpg

Lampard was ripping me apart from the AMC position, so all I did was set instructions against him to "always" close down and tackle "hard". The AI must have been using him as a playmaker or something because when I did that (at 3-1 down) my team went balistic.

Also, playing as Leeds, I dumped both Chelsea and Everton out of the League cup when I was in the Championship. Both games I had ONE shot on target to their 12-15. Like I said in a previous post, if the AI cheats, I must be as well.

Winning 3-1 at halftime with Hamburg, Lyon poached in 3 in the second half and i equalised at the last minute. Won the game off by a late late extra time, making the score 5-4 and winning the Euro Cup (UEFA Cup)!!

I'm in season 2018/19 and saw amazing results in the UEFA Cup quarter final:

Olympique Lyon - Hertha Berlin 4:0

Hertha Berlin - Olympique Lyon 6:0

Now there's a turnaround!!

IRL I remember Borussia Moenchengladbach beating Real Madrid 5-1 at home and then losing 4-0 at the Bernabeu in the UEFA Cup. Must have been in the Eighties.

(Showing my age, *cough*)

Sunderland 4-2 Manchester City

Sergio Garcia put Sunderland ahead after barely 26 seconds before Elano put Manchester City in the 9th minute with a penalty. Then Muntari scored in the 84th minute for Manchester City before Sergio Garcia scored in the 88th minute to level the scores. Then in true 1999 Champions League fashion, scored in the 92nd and 95th minutes of injury-time to win the game.

Yeah, I'm a Manchester United fan...

Didn't actually win (tied 4-4) but it was a crazy game..

I'm Liverpool playing at Tottenham

So here's the goals:

0-1 (3') I think It'll be a good game

1-1 (12') "Crap."

2-1 (31')

3-1 (48') By this goal, 3 minutes from half-time, I'm giving up.

3-2 (56') Hope is found.

4-2 (68') Hope is lost.

Then there's 5 minutes of injury time (by the way, Benayoun and Crouched walked out injured from this match)

4-3 (92') I'm happy about this goal, but I didn't have much hope of tying the game.

4-4 (95') I win a corner. Pause the game, send EVERYONE up front to attack. All it took was a header from Hyppia to tie the game and me walking away happily.

I'm managing Spurs and our hated rivals are L'Arse. It's got to the point where every year in just about every competition it's a two-horse race between us, rather like Manyoo/Chelski this season.

They were a point ahead of us in the league when they came to WHL. Mind-games aplenty, then Toure got red carded inside 15 minutes. Final result - a whopping 8-0 to us!!!!!!

Still nip 'n' tuck at the top but bragging rights for a decade there icon_biggrin.gif

i've had a few, like the one match last night, my liverpool side beating chelsea 6-2 away from home or even knocking them out of the champions league 8-4 on agg

I'm sure i've got some even better results, but i don't have the game on yet so can't check icon_smile.gif

I remember beating Man United 5-4 with my Man City team.

We were losing 3-0 at half time and it was 4-4 in the 90th minute till Elano popped up with an absolute screamer.

This did send me into hysterics and prompted my mum to come check if everything was alright.

Ah, what a game.

Oooohh... What a match. I just got my stadium expanded from 60,050 to 63,050 (Yeah, massive difference) and it was a champions League group stage against PSG. Not really like the rest of these, but we simply destroyed them, 6-0 without them even having a chance, but that isn't the good bit, new gate receipt and attendance record! I certainly would have gone home happy after that...

Originally posted by DontCallItSoccer:

IRL I remember Borussia Moenchengladbach beating Real Madrid 5-1 at home and then losing 4-0 at the Bernabeu in the UEFA Cup. Must have been in the Eighties.

(Showing my age, *cough*)

I remember my dad coming to my bed at night, saying "Something sad happened tonight...". I refused to belive it ;-(

My favorite game was when my side won 1-0 at the emirates against Arsenal. The win was nice enough but the thing that sent me racing around the room like a terrier on speed was Arsenal having THREE penalties saved in a minute!

MY defender brought down their player, cant remember who, think it was Mutu, then the penalty was saved only for the ball the rebound straight back to Mutu who got brought down again, another penalty saved again ball rebounded to Mutu who was brought down again! another penalty this time my keeper kept hold of the ball. That has to be the best moment on FM I've ever had. I only wish I had saved the match but I tend to go into auto pilot at the end.

Guest develion

Chelsea Vs Southampton, Champions League semi final...

Within 15 minutes Chelski scab 2 goals (well one was nice).

Made a nice comeback though in second half

End score: Chelsea 2 : Southampton 10

17-2 on aggregrate (decided to play fringe players in second leg as i had a *slight* lead)

Five games from my recently finished first season as Amkar Perm in the Russian Premier League (none are great wins though icon_wink.gif ):

Amkar v CSKA Moscow 1-0

Great way to start! icon_biggrin.gif

Amkar v Spartak Moscow 3-2

When they scored the 2-1 goal despite me dominating, I thought that this was one of those game where things just go wrong for you. Luckily I was wrong in the end icon_smile.gif

Amkar v Khimki 3-0

I won despite them injuring 3 of my players and one of my youngsters scored in his debut (Vasilchenko) icon_smile.gif

Amkar v Shinnik 3-1

The first match where I really felt that the opposition had no chance and my recent Bosman signing (Ryan Griffiths) scored twice in his debut icon_biggrin.gif

CSKA Moscow v Amkar 1-2

I was terrified before this game, turned out I didn't have to icon_smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Favorite game would be the 2-2 tie against Tottenham while I was Newcastle. Arsenal having won the past 8 EPL seasons I was determined to end that. Under my first full season under the Geordies I had turned them around completely and with 5 games left the top 6 teams were withing 3 points of taking first. Sunderland bowed out with some loses, Portsmouth followed. With 2 games left Arsenal choked and poor Derby (of all teams!) had fallen. By the last game EPL honors was in my hands to decide, I had two points on ManU. Spurs score but I come back and score 2 (29 year old Shane long had an amazing season and gets a double). It was a closely contested game and by the 92nd minute with 3 minutes of ET, I had it. Spurs take a strike at the keeper and it is parried, my left back only needs to tap the ball away from the post in which the ball lied and game is over. He instead accidentally taps it into my own net, 2-2 tie and ManU beats West Ham 1-0. All I could do was smile at the misfortune.

I was playing as Bishop's Stortford in the Blue Square South and got to the Second Round of the FA Cup, drawing Leeds United away. The score at halftime was a delightful 1-1. Unfortunately, being a BSS team and Leeds being in League One, our stamina gave up after 50 minutes and we ended up losing 1-5. My keeper scored a rating of 9 and won man of the match. After the match I had 3 inquiries from a Blue Square National and two League Two sides for him. I kept him and he's now on a massive 200 pounds a week!

That's some final score!

One of my few objections to the current version of FM is that these "crazy" results pop up too frequently. The game is totally deterministic: If a player is due to score a hattrick, he'll do so, no matter how the rest of the team performs. Teams rarely cancel each other out (which would be the natural thing) but proceeds to score a gazillion goals as if they participate in some weird turn-based football game.

I point you towards Tottenham last season (featuring losing 4-3 to Birmingham at home to a last minute wonder goal from a defender and 4/5 other 7+ goal games) and Arsenal the season before (featuring super keepers and Hleb missing upwards of 5 open goals).

I'll admit some things do seem 'pre-ordained'.

Edit: didn't realise I was responding to a post from 3 months ago...my bad, but I'm gonna leave it anyway :p.

Ive just started a new season with Wigan and just beat Man U 3-1 at home! Love it!!!!

Remember in my first season with Wigan, my second game in the premiership, was at Stamford Bridge. I won 5-0, unsuprisingly I was quite chuffed.

beating Milan in the final of the Champions League on penalties, i was 2-0 down with 6 minutes left, then a goal from Fabregas and a stunning equaliser deep in to injury time from van Persie sent the tie to extra time, then we won it on the shoot-out. Such a nervy game, and after going 2-0 down i thought it was all over against Milan!

Just won the CL with Sheffield Wednesday. 1-0 as 90 minutes strike. Thought I was out, then my keep launches the ball into the other half of the field, my winger takes it moves it central to my lone striker. He immediately turn to face goal and smashes in the equaliser in the 91st minute!

Then 104 minutes, my winger who I hadn't played for 10 games because he started to lose it at his age is brought on. He manages to score from 25 yards to win the game. I love FM :D

Archived