Transfer Wars

This has been bugging me for some time and so wondered if you could help me.

I know a player has a "value" as shown on their profile, and a "sale value" at which a club will accept offers.

Is the program run in such a way that all bids at or above the sale value are accepted, irrespective of other clubs' bids.

Let me give you an example:

Player X has a sale value of £10m. 3 clubs bid £10m for him. Another club thinks - right I really want this player so bids £15m.

In my experience, the game will accept all 4 bids, even though in reality the club would probably only accept the £15m bid.

This effectively means you cannot outbid a club for your absolute must buy purchase, so long as they meet the sale value.

Am I right here?

The problem lies in the fourth club bidding so much higher when it's not necessary... presumably once a club has accepted an offer IRL they cannot then go back and decide to reject. Clubs need to manipulate situations better to their advantage when a player is wanted by a large number of clubs to spark a bidding war, rather than just accepting a figure that they'd be happy with...

The problem lies in the fourth club bidding so much higher when it's not necessary... presumably once a club has accepted an offer IRL they cannot then go back and decide to reject. Clubs need to manipulate situations better to their advantage when a player is wanted by a large number of clubs to spark a bidding war, rather than just accepting a figure that they'd be happy with...

I get what you are saying, but I am talking about opening bids here.

Plus I see no reason why a club couldn't refuse an offer once they've accepted it anyway. But that's beside the point here. :thup:

I get what you are saying, but I am talking about opening bids here.

Plus I see no reason why a club couldn't refuse an offer once they've accepted it anyway. But that's beside the point here. :thup:

Yeah because thats a classy way of doing business isn't it?

And I agree with White Flag, I'll accept lower bids from foreign clubs so players can't haunt me regularly.

Archived