+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfer Wars

Amateur

Default Transfer Wars

This has been bugging me for some time and so wondered if you could help me.

I know a player has a "value" as shown on their profile, and a "sale value" at which a club will accept offers.

Is the program run in such a way that all bids at or above the sale value are accepted, irrespective of other clubs' bids.

Let me give you an example:

Player X has a sale value of £10m. 3 clubs bid £10m for him. Another club thinks - right I really want this player so bids £15m.

In my experience, the game will accept all 4 bids, even though in reality the club would probably only accept the £15m bid.

This effectively means you cannot outbid a club for your absolute must buy purchase, so long as they meet the sale value.

Am I right here?

Amateur
    Du du du du! Charlie Austin! (Shh don't tell the big clubs...)

Default Re: Transfer Wars

The problem lies in the fourth club bidding so much higher when it's not necessary... presumably once a club has accepted an offer IRL they cannot then go back and decide to reject. Clubs need to manipulate situations better to their advantage when a player is wanted by a large number of clubs to spark a bidding war, rather than just accepting a figure that they'd be happy with...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo1986 View Post
    The problem lies in the fourth club bidding so much higher when it's not necessary... presumably once a club has accepted an offer IRL they cannot then go back and decide to reject. Clubs need to manipulate situations better to their advantage when a player is wanted by a large number of clubs to spark a bidding war, rather than just accepting a figure that they'd be happy with...
    I get what you are saying, but I am talking about opening bids here.

Plus I see no reason why a club couldn't refuse an offer once they've accepted it anyway. But that's beside the point here.

Amateur

I've seen this where the higher bid is from a rival or from a club in the same country. The selling club is more willing to accept a lower offer where the player won't come back to haunt them.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
    I get what you are saying, but I am talking about opening bids here.

Plus I see no reason why a club couldn't refuse an offer once they've accepted it anyway. But that's beside the point here.
    Yeah because thats a classy way of doing business isn't it?
    And I agree with White Flag, I'll accept lower bids from foreign clubs so players can't haunt me regularly.

+ Reply to Thread