FM2011 ? You better make FM2010,5

I just wanted to ask SI to seriously consider tweaking FM2010 rather than making FM2011 with all new shiny options which doesn't work. Seriously, I'd rather have a "working as intended" FM2010 next year rather than a new version with new improvemetns that actually suck. So hereby I ask you to repair:

3d match

- speed - no matter what speed of the match I choose it often goes slow, it's like my PC hardware is not good enough, strange... Call of Duty 4 is going smoothly with max details in 1600x1200...

- goalkeeper bug... my favourite, present since like... CM2? You play aggainst much lower opponent and yet you draw/loose as it seems their GK had a best day in his life, it's also pretty annoying when two GKs with similar stats play very differently, one is actual a class Gk while the other behaves like the ball was invisible...

- DC bug, this is something new to me... no matter what setting I make for my central defenders, I have dozen of actions which looks the same: passing to a striker tat suddenly shows between my DCs, yet they stay on put andwait for the striker to score a goal, or the striker looses the ball, yet my DCs still don't move, they wait for the striker to collect the ball and score...

- headers: the ball goes in the air, one player heads it, the other heads it as well, then the third one heads it as well... you know what I mean...

- instead of shiny 3d match I would prefer 2d where players actually behave like real players, there are so many unrealistic situations in 3d in almost every match that it calls for a redesign... like when a player gets injured or is substituted and you have to watch him moving slowly to the bench which takes freaking ages... same with a referee that is on the other side of the field while the foul has been commited on the other (although the referee should be somewere there already), it also takes ages for him to walk to the player and show him (or not) a card

Transfers

- for me, most important part of this game, yet it seems you can't make it work... why do you even put players a price if you NEVER-EVER can buy a player for that price? No matter whether the player is indispensible to the club or just used in rotation, you always have to double the price to even consider some chances... not to mention it has nothing to do with real football situation... I don't think any club would decline a 100 mln Euro offer for any player, do you? I also love bidding for a player offering 3 times more than his actual value just o see other club buy him 1 month later for a bargain price (don't tell me bout clubs hate, same divisions, etc, I know about it). I also love bidding for some young procpect just o see he is demanding a key role in a world class footbal club while being 17 years old... that's pretty realistic I must say...

Staff

Oh god... this is a moment when me and all my friends playing this game wants to kill themselves, you take control over a world class club just to see that your staff is full of *******, scouts with judging potential of 8 in Real Madrid? Are you kidding? Who would hire just guy and what is the point of it if probably everybody is releasing him instantly? Talking about assistant I can't ommit Assistant, most of the time it seems he has the worst stats in the whole staff, yet he has the most important role... weird... would I choose the worst guy for my assistant? I don't think so...

Finances

Same as transfers, have nothing to do with reality to be honest, start reading newspapers, etc. It should help.

Press Conferences

You said u added new lines... guess what? Every press looks THE SAME ! I'm not even reading questions, I just check the answers to know what was the question...

Scouting

It actually never worked I think, you should think of redesigning it, I send a scout to prepare a report on a paper just to see that he is decent even though he is playing in MU for example... well... that helped a lot... and why do I need 10 scouts if I can send 1 to scout every single player I want?

Dramatic matches

Why do I have to watch same scenario every big match? I somehow manage to score and ten, guess what, they equalize in 93rd minute of the match, that's shocking !!! Or why my world class player need to make some silly mistake just to allow opposition score? Every time I play against some big teams, one of my players have to make some rookie mistake so they can score? (passing to opponent SC instead of GK, etc.). Oh... I forgot bout the red cards...

So please, I'm begging you, do not invent some new "brilliant" ideas, just tweak the old ones and the game will be great !

Oh, where to start...?

ME needs tweaking, no doubt, but it's way better than last year.

Transfers - I won't go into too much detail, suffice it to say plenty of FMers buy plenty of players for reasonable prices. It's not hard.

Finance - no, they're not that real, but then if you go too far with reality you'll spend a lot longer than most would like on the financial aspects of the game.

Press conferences - haven't found anyone on the forums that likes these. They a bit better than last year but I only attend maybe one in ten.

Scouting - like finances, it's a simplified version of real life. Or do you mean the reports aren't always 100% accurate? Like real life?

Dramatic matches - it is, always has been, and always will be ... your tactics. I never have this problem cos I know how to play the game, as do thousands of other FMers.

Generally, I'd be happy with an updated, tweaked version of the game for FM11. But unless something dramatic happens at SI towers, I'm betting FM11 is already on the way.

OP, sounds to me like you let the game play you rather than you playing the game.

Match Engine - Is always evolving. SI have always stated that it is constantly evolving and in my opinion its much better the 09. The 3rd patch will hopefully make it better yet.

Transfers - Are you trying to unsettle players? Or are you just steaming in saying "i want him" and then when you get turned down, giving up? Transfers pay off if you plan them and spend some time unsettling players. As backpackant says, plenty of players have been signed for reasonable fees.

Finances - Its hard to comment when i dont really know the extent of what your issue is with them. I can work them fine however.

Press Conferences - One area that does still need work i'll admit.

Scouting - If you have only 1 scout then yes, he can do all your scouting if you wish. It will take much much longer. Perhaps the decent Man Utd player is in fact the same level as your current player? Perhaps its your personal view that is clouding your judgement and you think the scouted player is better than you think?

Dramatic Matches - Are you sure its EVERY big match? I win most of mine now and apart from the occasional mistake nothing really happens.

I just wanted to ask SI to seriously consider tweaking FM2010 rather than making FM2011 with all new shiny options which doesn't work. Seriously, I'd rather have a "working as intended" FM2010 next year rather than a new version with new improvemetns that actually suck. So hereby I ask you to repair:

Going to try and break this down point by point. Here goes..

3d match

- speed - no matter what speed of the match I choose it often goes slow, it's like my PC hardware is not good enough, strange... Call of Duty 4 is going smoothly with max details in 1600x1200...

Isn't COD4 like.. 2/3 years old? Are your specs up to those on the box, and are you running the recommended setup, graphics and sound options, and without background programs interfering?

- goalkeeper bug... my favourite, present since like... CM2? You play aggainst much lower opponent and yet you draw/loose as it seems their GK had a best day in his life, it's also pretty annoying when two GKs with similar stats play very differently, one is actual a class Gk while the other behaves like the ball was invisible...

It's acknowledged that there is a slightly unfair advantage for goalkeepers with certain 1-on-1 chances and close range efforts, but have you never seen a goalie have a good game, particularly for a poor club? I can think of few poor goalies - most are capable of making great saves, but just some may be more reliable and better when it really matters or at certain types of chances. Look at how many times you don't win because of this to how many you do, and take a look at why shots aren't going in. Poor finishing? Shooting from distance?

- DC bug, this is something new to me... no matter what setting I make for my central defenders, I have dozen of actions which looks the same: passing to a striker tat suddenly shows between my DCs, yet they stay on put andwait for the striker to score a goal, or the striker looses the ball, yet my DCs still don't move, they wait for the striker to collect the ball and score...

There's another known issue with it being too easy to create chances through DCs, however this is countered by the resulting chances being often hard to take advantage of. As for the other errors, take a look at your players. Are they perfect? I very much doubt it, and even the best players make mistakes. Adapt your tactics to suit your players and have cover and/or try to protect your defence. It's wrong to expect your players, at any level, to be faultless. Don't go round labelling everything you don't like or understand as a bug, particularly if you're not going to back it up with evidence or constructive criticisms and solutions.
- headers: the ball goes in the air, one player heads it, the other heads it as well, then the third one heads it as well... you know what I mean...

I don't know what you mean, care to explain?

- instead of shiny 3d match I would prefer 2d where players actually behave like real players, there are so many unrealistic situations in 3d in almost every match that it calls for a redesign... like when a player gets injured or is substituted and you have to watch him moving slowly to the bench which takes freaking ages... same with a referee that is on the other side of the field while the foul has been commited on the other (although the referee should be somewere there already), it also takes ages for him to walk to the player and show him (or not) a card

I believe there are a few issues with the time taken for animations of ball out of play moments and with things such as players retrieving the ball or being sent off, but I wouldn't say that it doesn't happen - just that it's a bit irrelevent seeing it as part of key highlights. What unrealistic situations are you refering to though? You mention this as a point, then go on about seeming irrelevent annoyances. Watch 2D if you prefer it?
Transfers

- for me, most important part of this game, yet it seems you can't make it work... why do you even put players a price if you NEVER-EVER can buy a player for that price? No matter whether the player is indispensible to the club or just used in rotation, you always have to double the price to even consider some chances... not to mention it has nothing to do with real football situation... I don't think any club would decline a 100 mln Euro offer for any player, do you?

Negotiate. Clubs will try and scare you off, as you are likely to do to them. If a club doesn't want to or need to sell then they will look to get a good price, particularly if you seem keen and/or if they know you have the cash to spend. Maybe they wouldn't decline such a fee, but without examples of the players, teams and the financial situation, never say never. Maybe they think you're just trying them and not being serious, or think if you're daft enough to bid that much they can haggle further.
I also love bidding for a player offering 3 times more than his actual value just o see other club buy him 1 month later for a bargain price (don't tell me bout clubs hate, same divisions, etc, I know about it). I also love bidding for some young procpect just o see he is demanding a key role in a world class footbal club while being 17 years old... that's pretty realistic I must say...

Be persistant. Maybe you unsettled them, if another club bids then bid the same. As for young prospects, it'll depend on their ambition etc. If they can see you're interested in them at a young age, and maybe if you aren't the biggest of teams but have the money to spend, then they'll recognise their talent and be rewarded as such. I don't know for sure though, and if you think of any specific examples then post them with evidence in the bugs forum to be checked out perhaps.

Staff

Oh god... this is a moment when me and all my friends playing this game wants to kill themselves, you take control over a world class club just to see that your staff is full of *******, scouts with judging potential of 8 in Real Madrid? Are you kidding? Who would hire just guy and what is the point of it if probably everybody is releasing him instantly? Talking about assistant I can't ommit Assistant, most of the time it seems he has the worst stats in the whole staff, yet he has the most important role... weird... would I choose the worst guy for my assistant? I don't think so...

If you don't like the staff, sack them. When you take over staff will accept mutual terminaton, so bring in your own staff. Many clubs in reality hire less than brilliant staff due to their relationship with the club, the manager or existing staff, rather than on their ability. You don't have to.

What exactly are you asking to be fixed? :confused:

Finances

Same as transfers, have nothing to do with reality to be honest, start reading newspapers, etc. It should help.

In what way? Do you really think we should believe the Sun and the Mirror rather than the official financial figures released by the clubs and the FAs? :cool:
Press Conferences

You said u added new lines... guess what? Every press looks THE SAME ! I'm not even reading questions, I just check the answers to know what was the question...

Ever watched a real press conference? They're VERY boring. Few, samey and simplistic questions, stupid journalists and often ask questions totally irrelevent or inappropriate to the situation. What would you rather there be?

Scouting

It actually never worked I think, you should think of redesigning it, I send a scout to prepare a report on a paper just to see that he is decent even though he is playing in MU for example... well... that helped a lot... and why do I need 10 scouts if I can send 1 to scout every single player I want?

What? Scouting is relative. If you're Real Madrid then most players at Man Utd would be a decent signing. A good scout may then suggest a comparison to your current players and more detailed analysis of the player. If you scout them over a number of games you may get more detail and more accuracy. What more would you like?
Dramatic matches

Why do I have to watch same scenario every big match? I somehow manage to score and ten, guess what, they equalize in 93rd minute of the match, that's shocking !!! Or why my world class player need to make some silly mistake just to allow opposition score? Every time I play against some big teams, one of my players have to make some rookie mistake so they can score? (passing to opponent SC instead of GK, etc.). Oh... I forgot bout the red cards...

What are you complaining about? Look why you're conceding the goals or your players are making mistakes. Are you failing to see out time through your tactics not wasting time appropriately or getting the ball out of danger, countering the opposition going gung ho with nothing to lose? Are your players tired? Are they poor under pressure or not good in big games?

What about red cards?

Everything covered? May be a few typos/errors in there, bit tired and drinking. :o

I agree with some of your points - especially press conferences (who doesn't?) - but each version of FM is essentialy just an upgraded version of the previous year's game anyway. I've only been playing since FM2005 and the only major innovation, in my opinion, is the addition of 3D in that entire time. Rather than each game release being a revolution it seems more of an evolutionary process.

Please don't construe this as a complaint - why change something that works for the vast majority of FMers?

the speed of the game needs to be improved massivly becuase i have a decent computer and the game takes over 10 hours to complete a season which is in my opinion a complete joke and it can sometimes put me of playing the game also the transfers are stupid 120 million for aguergo is crazy considing clubs in real life could get him for 40 - 50 million..

the speed of the game needs to be improved massivly becuase i have a decent computer and the game takes over 10 hours to complete a season which is in my opinion a complete joke and it can sometimes put me of playing the game also the transfers are stupid 120 million for aguergo is crazy considing clubs in real life could get him for 40 - 50 million..

How many leagues are you running? 10 hours seems like very little tbh if you're actually taking time to set up tactics and do transfers etc. I've had saves where I've gone over 2 days per season in the past.

Aguero you can usually get for 40 - 50mil, especially if you negotiate. First season could be considerably less.

Some of your points (press conferences) are fine, but you sounds just a tad bitter! You girlfriend left you for a championship manager player or something?

The staff point I find is particularly wrong, the trouble is, football is a business mainly run on people employing friends / ex players to roles at big clubs rather than simply on merit. Let's look at AC Milan as perhaps the worst example. Do you really think whoever was in the team ten years ago happen to be the best people they could get? Based on an open system of interviews?

Well if this thing is about thing to improve, there is one thing that adds to my list that gringe that has been poorly done.

We all know that the 2D and 3D pretty much use the same match engine, right?

Well i think it should be two separate identities, because the height of the ball in 2D is very exaggerated. I think that it has nothing to do with 2D in old versions.

Please drop the fmf files for once and for all.

Hershie, you made good point that press conference is like real life, but also in real life there is in football corruption and it is one of the things I would hate if it was incorporated in the game.

This is a game and its main priority should be fun. How can you get fun from feature that is boring, repetitive and often seem annoying and pointless?

We all know that the 2D and 3D pretty much use the same match engine, right?

Well i think it should be two separate identities, because the height of the ball in 2D is very exaggerated. I think that it has nothing to do with 2D in old versions.

So you want SI to develop two different match engines :eek:

I think I know what the answer will be :D

this mans an idiot really, show SI another manager game that is better than FM, the people try there hardest to make the game but people jus slag off things for not being realistic, well it is a game!! ffs, it will never compete with real management where events happen sporadically like the shooting of the Togo squad or your players getting accused of rape, the game is:

Pick your team>Pick your squad>Play Game>Do little things in the week>Pick your team>Pick your squad>Play Game>Do little things in the week>Pick your team>Pick your squad>Play Game>Do little things in the week> and so on.......

my laptop is crap and runs 3d fine, even more since 10.2

So you want SI to develop two different match engines :eek:

I think I know what the answer will be :D

NO. I would be out of my mind if I did.

What I'm saying is the same match engine, but two different and independent representations of the ME. Or to be honest the most easy way, just drop one of the two, but I don't want to go that far.

Hershie, you made good point that press conference is like real life, but also in real life there is in football corruption and it is one of the things I would hate if it was incorporated in the game.

This is a game and its main priority should be fun. How can you get fun from feature that is boring, repetitive and often seem annoying and pointless?

It's not there to be fun, it's there to be a realistic and fairly important part of the day to day and match day experiences of a football manager. Corruption is not something condoned, encouraged or that is an ordinary or regular occurance, while press conferences are. They're intended to be a positive part of the game, should the manager take the opportunity.

I personally leave them up to my assistant, but will attend the occasional one when I feel I may have something important to say.

:)

3d match

3D is nothing but a gimmick. It has been out two years and I have not watched a single full match with it. I can understand why is it in the game but I can't understand why anyone would want to use it.

Transfers

- for me, most important part of this game, yet it seems you can't make it work... why do you even put players a price if you NEVER-EVER can buy a player for that price? No matter whether the player is indispensible to the club or just used in rotation, you always have to double the price to even consider some chances... not to mention it has nothing to do with real football situation... I don't think any club would decline a 100 mln Euro offer for any player, do you? I also love bidding for a player offering 3 times more than his actual value just o see other club buy him 1 month later for a bargain price (don't tell me bout clubs hate, same divisions, etc, I know about it). I also love bidding for some young procpect just o see he is demanding a key role in a world class footbal club while being 17 years old... that's pretty realistic I must say...

If you think transfers are the most important part of the game then you should hunt out Premier Manager 97 or some other junk.

I shipped out Danny Welbeck for 10 Million pounds and spent the cash on Douglas Costa, Marquinhos and two high potential 16 year old defenders. Total Transfer cost £9.75m, total wage cost £10,360. Considering Welbeck wanted a 10k contract the moment I took over that is pretty decent business. Two superior 1st team youngsters and 2 hot youth team prospects for £250,000 profit.

How often do you see top quality players moving around Europe? Aguero, Silva, Villa have not shifted in 3 years of intense speculation. Ronaldo moved only after a £80 million transfer fee and 3 years of engineering a move. Messi and Rooney won't be shifting for the next decade.

If anything Transfers are too easy in this game.

Staff

Ofcourse you don't think so, because you are unaware of the fact that Staff have CA and PA just like players do, develop just like players do, and any junk £100 a week scout on the planet can unmask attributes from players as well as a £25,000 scout, but for an absolute fraction of the cost.

The game is Football Manager, not dream team simulator.

Transfers

-Yea transfers do need to be tweaked, you should be able to get players a bit more cheaper

Its not a game breaking mistake though

I feel there needs to be more pre-negotiating before actually faxing an offer (check my thread :D)

Finances

Not too sure what the problem is here unless ive missed something or read it wrong

Im sure fininances show the bank balance and the lower it gets the less percentage you receive from the sale of players.

Press conferences

Totally agree. Terrible. They get boring after like 1 month game time.

Repetitive questions and i thought i was the only one who just looked at the answers as its so obvious which 1 is correct.

You cant really speak your mind as it has it can have such a confusing effect on your players.Any answer which is not good has such a huge effect on the team.I usually just pick the answer which would make my team happy

Scouting

The reason you need more than one scout is because you can send each scout to different countries or too different leagues.

Each with different knowledge

How can you complain of too much scouts when theres countless jobs??

Dramatic Matches

The reason you probably lose is not only tactics

- Other factors such as team talk and press conferences have such a high (unnecessary) contribution to the matches.

-The reason you have so many one on ones and dont score is because of a counter-flaw in the match engine

Whereas our normal tactics create too many one on ones which would be unrealisticto score all of these. So the ME counters this by not allowing us to score these chances.

It is a confirmed problem with the ME

Which is kind of bad because i dont know how to tell my players to stop wasting time by creating so many one on one chances

The problem with this is that we most of the time need to dominate in order to score one goal, which is alright against the smaller sides as we dominate anyway

But against the bigger sides thats a problem

It's not there to be fun, it's there to be a realistic and fairly important part of the day to day and match day experiences of a football manager. Corruption is not something condoned, encouraged or that is an ordinary or regular occurance, while press conferences are. They're intended to be a positive part of the game, should the manager take the opportunity.

I personally leave them up to my assistant, but will attend the occasional one when I feel I may have something important to say.

Have to say i dont fully agree with that comment

Surely its in the game because SI thought it would be fun

If they only put it in there strictly because its realistic

then wouldnt they put in other stuff such as

- watching training matches

- and

-spending wages on food and living ( Lets not start speaking about this)

So because i disagree with your opinion im wrong? The key word being opinion here.

I am not here to argue with you. I badly expressed my feelings :) I just think that it's not fair to say ' ME is way better than last year' because at the moment it's simply not . In my opinion of course :)

Cheers,don't shoot :)

!

In February 2008 Luke Steele joined Barnsley on an emergency loan for one month. They required a goalkeeper for their fifth round FA Cup tie with Liverpool, as Heinz Müller was injured, whilst on loan Tony Warner was cup-tied.[4] Steele delivered a Man of the Match performance on his debut in a surprise victory over the Premier League side at Anfield, allowing Barnsley to progress to the quarter finals.[5] He also won the FA Cup Player of the Round award for his performance in the game.[6] He then helped Barnsley reach the semi-finals of the FA Cup by keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea in a game which they won 1–0

(quote taken from Wikipedia)

In February 2008 Luke Steele joined Barnsley on an emergency loan for one month. They required a goalkeeper for their fifth round FA Cup tie with Liverpool, as Heinz Müller was injured, whilst on loan Tony Warner was cup-tied.[4] Steele delivered a Man of the Match performance on his debut in a surprise victory over the Premier League side at Anfield, allowing Barnsley to progress to the quarter finals.[5] He also won the FA Cup Player of the Round award for his performance in the game.[6] He then helped Barnsley reach the semi-finals of the FA Cup by keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea in a game which they won 1–0

(quote taken from Wikipedia)

That is a few matches not most of the time like in FM

It happens too many times in FM because of the one on one bug, which makes the GK

always make saves

This is confirmed by SI so if you blindly defend it you may be swaying to the biased side of fanboism without realising it

Funny, because press conferences in FM are anything but realistic and have a lot more effect on the squad than they should. Do player IRL really give a damn what is said in press conferences?

Of course they should be fun, it's a game. There are so many things SI could put in the game just for the sake of realism but if it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, it shouldn't be included. Press conferences are a great example of that. Worst feature introduced to the game ever. Leaving them to your assistant = bad idea, doing them yourself = tedious, repetitive and simply boring.

That is a few matches not most of the time like in FM

It happens too many times in FM because of the one on one bug, which makes the GK

always make saves

This is confirmed by SI so if you blindly defend it you may be swaying to the biased side of fanboism without realising it

Also this is different goalkeepers against one team ( your team)

Not the same GK evenly spreading out his super abilities LOL

tbh i think you missed my point, the OP said "you play against much lower opponent"... etc etc... i was just making the point that it can and does happen in RL, whilst i agree that SI have said there is a problem with the 1 on 1 chances, i personally havent really noticed it, keepers have good days, and they have bad days, the same as every player in the world......

i can see what the OP i saying but i dont agree with everything that is said. some of it is baffling.

however fm10 is full of bugs and i feel that SI should be trying to resolve these rather than try and improve the gameplay for FM11. A game full of mistakes is just so annoying

tbh i think you missed my point, the OP said "you play against much lower opponent"... etc etc... i was just making the point that it can and does happen in RL, whilst i agree that SI have said there is a problem with the 1 on 1 chances, i personally havent really noticed it, keepers have good days, and they have bad days, the same as every player in the world......

Sorry if i missed your point

What was the point you was making?

Mate 10 hours to complete a season! And you are complaining about the speed! Thats like saying Usain Bolt is slow!!!!

In todays game you play at least 55 games per season depending on the team. Thats a game every 11 minutes and it includes nothing else. You have a few sessions over the weekend and the season is done - that sounds pretty damn quick to me. And then theres all the other things that take time apart from the actual game. Looking for the best newgens takes a long time if you look hard enough and I'm not going to go into other things that take time.

On your bike son!!!! :D

I actually like the fact that it take ages to complete a season.

If I'm spending £35 on a game, I want to get as much play time out of it as possible. If I was finishing a season in a couple of hours I'd be pretty dissapointed...

Archived