+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Serious, i'm finding it real hard to score let alone win! Can anybody give me some tips on their match strategies. I'm guessing my strategy isnt appropriate for this level because i try to play possesion attacking football in a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-3-3. also im gloucester if someone could reccomend any players or anything that may help me. Thankyou in advance

    Edit: I meant BSN......We should be in BSS Though!

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    442 with overload and a pacy striker and a huge target man got me up second season in BSS, and then straight promotions to the premier league.

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    442 with overload and a pacy striker and a huge target man got me up second season in BSS, and then straight promotions to the premier league.
    Wow thats good, which mentality did you use btw? I usually use fluid but im not sure if its as good in BSN because the players there are less tecnically able.

  4. #4

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBunn3y-B0yx View Post
    Wow thats good, which mentality did you use btw? I usually use fluid but im not sure if its as good in BSN because the players there are less tecnically able.
    I used the default mentality because, as you say, the players are less adaptable, and pressing and hard tackling on. Also, don't expect to win games right away, but soon with overload on you will overpower teams, try and get some good loanees too. I had a guy on loan from Leeds and another from West Ham, and they helped me a lot with goalscoring problems.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hacker View Post
    I used the default mentality because, as you say, the players are less adaptable, and pressing and hard tackling on. Also, don't expect to win games right away, but soon with overload on you will overpower teams, try and get some good loanees too. I had a guy on loan from Leeds and another from West Ham, and they helped me a lot with goalscoring problems.
    Cheers for that, Never really thought of overpowering the opposition though i guess its like the saying if you score ill score one better i guess lol. Did you get those guys with Gloucester aswell because i find it difficult to pick up anyone let alone loanees from Top Flight clubs. The best player i loaned in was Sean Rigg and was a good player for us from Bristol Rovers.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2007
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    4-4-2 contain and balanced play one midfielder defend the other support
    one striker complete forward attack the other one deep lyin forward support
    helped me with babck yo back promotions to league two

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham FM View Post
    4-4-2 contain and balanced play one midfielder defend the other support
    one striker complete forward attack the other one deep lyin forward support
    helped me with babck yo back promotions to league two
    Cheers any other things? e.g pressing, marking?

  8. #8

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBunn3y-B0yx View Post
    Cheers for that, Never really thought of overpowering the opposition though i guess its like the saying if you score ill score one better i guess lol. Did you get those guys with Gloucester aswell because i find it difficult to pick up anyone let alone loanees from Top Flight clubs. The best player i loaned in was Sean Rigg and was a good player for us from Bristol Rovers.
    I had both Leeds and West Ham as feeder clubs, they had to loan me players!

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Haha! Fair enough....did you get them in your second season becuase i only seem to be getting bristol clubs...and forest green :S

  10. #10
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th August 2005
    Posts
    2,034

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBunn3y-B0yx View Post
    Serious, i'm finding it real hard to score let alone win! Can anybody give me some tips on their match strategies. I'm guessing my strategy isnt appropriate for this level because i try to play possesion attacking football in a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-3-3. also im gloucester if someone could reccomend any players or anything that may help me. Thankyou in advance

    Edit: I meant BSN......We should be in BSS Though!
    Possession football will cause you more problems than it presents opportunities at that level. Your players simply won't be good enough to hold on to the ball. Have a look at your player's passing stats because that will a chief dictator for how you are trying to play. I can imagine your best players are hovering around 12 for that stat and you want more.

    Now have a look at strength. That's what will win games, especially a forward that has a high figure for this stat and can hold up the long ball to let your team get forward. A high workrate and stamina will work wonders here too.

    I don't even bother with a playmaker, even if I have a player with high passing and creativity, at that level. More often than not my defence are going to be belting it forward and bypassing my midfielders. They're there to get forward as the forwards hold the ball up, then they can move the ball around the box looking for a chance.

    I do find that getting the ball out wide can be a winning mentality. I doubt you'll have wingers that can run down the wing and send in crosses like you'd see in the Premiership, but it adds another dimension to your build up play.

    All in all look for players with mental and physical stats over technical ones. A striker with 8 or 9 in finishing can grab himself 20 a season in the BSN. If you pair him with the right partner.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2007
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by anagain View Post
    Possession football will cause you more problems than it presents opportunities at that level. Your players simply won't be good enough to hold on to the ball. Have a look at your player's passing stats because that will a chief dictator for how you are trying to play. I can imagine your best players are hovering around 12 for that stat and you want more.

    Now have a look at strength. That's what will win games, especially a forward that has a high figure for this stat and can hold up the long ball to let your team get forward. A high workrate and stamina will work wonders here too.

    I don't even bother with a playmaker, even if I have a player with high passing and creativity, at that level. More often than not my defence are going to be belting it forward and bypassing my midfielders. They're there to get forward as the forwards hold the ball up, then they can move the ball around the box looking for a chance.

    I do find that getting the ball out wide can be a winning mentality. I doubt you'll have wingers that can run down the wing and send in crosses like you'd see in the Premiership, but it adds another dimension to your build up play.

    All in all look for players with mental and physical stats over technical ones. A striker with 8 or 9 in finishing can grab himself 20 a season in the BSN. If you pair him with the right partner.
    Cheers, I thought this i just wasn't sure how to implement it or what key attributes were neccesary.....so would you agree with the overload tactic along with this in order to make the most of any opportunities that might come our way?

  12. #12
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    6th August 2005
    Posts
    2,034

    Default Re: How do you get a win in BSS?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBunn3y-B0yx View Post
    Cheers, I thought this i just wasn't sure how to implement it or what key attributes were neccesary.....so would you agree with the overload tactic along with this in order to make the most of any opportunities that might come our way?
    No I wouldn't go overload unless you are very sure of your defenders, and I wouldn't unlikely ever be at Gloucester.

    I have a fondness for the control tactic, i.e. a slow build up. Couple that, or an attacking formation at home, with direct passing and your players will send it forward to your forwards.

    It's all about experimentation, though. What works for one team won't always work for another. The one thing I would say is avoid the overload tactic. Manchester United will employ that well because they have the quality to keep the ball, but of you pump a ball forward with 3/4 of your team up there you lose the ball then you're in trouble.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts