FA Cup Final on a Wednesday?

Seems maybe an issue with the fixture allotment but in my game the 2011 FA Cup final is on a Wednesday? I can't imagine the fixture being scheduled for a wednesday. Also while I know it has happened I thought they always tried to wrap domestic top flight fixtures up BEFORE the final too? After the final I have a league fixture with Portsmouth.

I have a screenie but it wont let me paste it in here (not sure how others manage in other forums)

Doesn't seem right. I guess it could be to do with the fact that I think this season IRL finishes early because of the WC, and next season the game moves it forward a couple of weeks, but not the cup, which then gets rescheduled wrongly to a wednesday? Just a guess, mind you.

I thought that (about other comps meaning things brought forwards) but its 2011 so neither Euro Champs nor World Cup being played. I'd also assume that even if brought back to accomodate it'd still be a saturday. Me thinks its just an error in the fixture coding not stipularting that the FA Cup has to be played on a Saturday. I'm not in Europe but will be interesting to see if the Champs League is still on a wednesday cause thats supposed to be moving to a saturday aswell to allow for improved TV audiences

I thought that (about other comps meaning things brought forwards) but its 2011 so neither Euro Champs nor World Cup being played. I'd also assume that even if brought back to accomodate it'd still be a saturday. Me thinks its just an error in the fixture coding not stipularting that the FA Cup has to be played on a Saturday. I'm not in Europe but will be interesting to see if the Champs League is still on a wednesday cause thats supposed to be moving to a saturday aswell to allow for improved TV audiences

I can confirm the European Champions League Final is on a saturday on FM10 :thup:

Archived