FM Manual

use recycled paper, the energy usage of a pc/laptop/mac is going to be a lot worse, its a rubbish excuse, they'd be at the most 3000000 manuals, the sun newspaper shifts 15000000 plus a day, so in one year SI would use what news corperations use in 1 day!!

use recycled paper, the energy usage of a pc/laptop/mac is going to be a lot worse, its a rubbish excuse, they'd be at the most 3000000 manuals, the sun newspaper shifts 15000000 plus a day, so in one year SI would use what news corperations use in 1 day!!

Ok. Look at the back of a newspaper. They do use recycled paper, as you say, but its from sustainable forests etc. I also dont think its purely a paper excercise that the manuals are not included for. They use glossy ink and cost lots of money to produce. Overall the savings are worth it rather than being nostalgic about it all.

Also, going by your math, manuals equate for 5 days worth of Sun newspapers...... not a year ;)

i wasnt making scientific calculations when i compared the manual to sun newspaper ratio, lol, it'd be easy to make a manual on recycled paper, white paper with black ink, no gloss, no new manual smell, its just i like reading all the little bits over the year and after having the game 2 months im still gutted, i thought people would support bringing it back, looks like im a minority, ah well

i wasnt making scientific calculations when i compared the manual to sun newspaper ratio, lol, it'd be easy to make a manual on recycled paper, white paper with black ink, no gloss, no new manual smell, its just i like reading all the little bits over the year and after having the game 2 months im still gutted, i thought people would support bringing it back, looks like im a minority, ah well

I wouldn;t say your in a minority tbh. I wouldn't mind a manual but i fully understand that things move on and evolve at some point so i'm not really bothered about it. I've always found asking on here gets a better response than looking at the manual anyway :D

i wanna be 20th century, lol, i like reading the descriptions on every attribute and the other little bits, with the new tactics creator its kinda essential to have the manual, im still not great at working out if my striker is better with deep-lying forward or a poacher, the manual would have explained this

Yes, i have one to :thup: Its been fully documented in the forums that this year the manual was going to be online, although i'm sure you already knew that acidmonkey :)

oh aye but im just pointing out i have a manual,

manuals were only good for reading on the bus on the way home, now i get stuff delivered or i drive to get them myself manuals are useless

the one online I would love them to do it as a PDF file and provide it on disk.

Especially if you come back to play it maybe 2-3 to 5 years the online version maybe removed.

Lets say what happens for the worst Si say this is last version ever company struggles that website will get dumped.

So providing in some readable method on the disk if they still want to save costs is logical solution.

We all want to save planet but not printing manual for that cause is too cheap excuse! It is not even as big as one daily newspaper. It does not have to be fancy paper, can be recycle paper, still most players who still prefer boxed version would like to have manuals. I even know people who buy legit games, while they can download from net, saying they buy it because they like the box and manual. I sincerely think no-manual is a bad call from SI. It reminds me those American bands who travel half way around the world with their private jets to attend "stop global warming" concerts.

We all want to save planet but not printing manual for that cause is too cheap excuse! It is not even as big as one daily newspaper. It does not have to be fancy paper, can be recycle paper, still most players who still prefer boxed version would like to have manuals. I even know people who buy legit games, while they can download from net, saying they buy it because they like the box and manual. I sincerely think no-manual is a bad call from SI. It reminds me those American bands who travel half way around the world with their private jets to attend "stop global warming" concerts.

there seems to be little support, if we could get 70% of people on these forums to ask surely SI would do one, im sure someone lost there job now theres no manual as well, lol.

Stantoner: we had this discussion here in the forum a couple of weeks ago. I agree, the environment-argument for not providing a paper (or pdf-) manual is pretty lame.

Although one SI-mod had announced the release of a printable manual (as a pdf-file) in November (I think), they later took back this announcement. Really too bad; particularly, since these youtube-tutorials are not that pedagogical either.

For accustomed FM-veterans this might not be such a big deal, but beginners like me would have it much easier to "learn" a game of this complexity, if they had a paper manual.

So, if SI wants to attract new gamers, they should at least consider having a printable pdf-manual on the DVD of FM11.

PDF would have been great. My computer doesn't quite afford both FM and a browser in the background so I'd have to exit the game each time I was curious about something. That's why I never went to the online page. Waste of a domain address in my opinion.

Stantoner: we had this discussion here in the forum a couple of weeks ago. I agree, the environment-argument for not providing a paper (or pdf-) manual is pretty lame.

Although one SI-mod had announced the release of a printable manual (as a pdf-file) in November (I think), they later took back this announcement. Really too bad; particularly, since these youtube-tutorials are not that pedagogical either.

For accustomed FM-veterans this might not be such a big deal, but beginners like me would have it much easier to "learn" a game of this complexity, if they had a paper manual.

So, if SI wants to attract new gamers, they should at least consider having a printable pdf-manual on the DVD of FM11.

I can understand that. As an experienced FM'er however, i'd like to point out that the manuals were never actually that good. You get a far better answer by trial and error or by asking on here than the manual could ever give.

Archived