+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scouting and buying players

Amateur

Default Scouting and buying players

Just a quick question, when buying players do you go off of your own personal opinion on the players stats, or do you mainly go off of your scouts report?

The reason I ask is that I'm stuck on deciding which winger to buy between Di Maria, and Alexis Sanchez. To me, Angel Di Maria's stats are far superior to Sanchez's, however my scout ony recommends that Di Maria would be a "fairly good" signing, whilst Sanchez would be a "good" signing.

So what do you do? Go off of your own opinion, or your scouts opinion?

Cheers

Amateur

Default Re: Scouting and buying players

Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Just a quick question, when buying players do you go off of your own personal opinion on the players stats, or do you mainly go off of your scouts report?

The reason I ask is that I'm stuck on deciding which winger to buy between Di Maria, and Alexis Sanchez. To me, Angel Di Maria's stats are far superior to Sanchez's, however my scout ony recommends that Di Maria would be a "fairly good" signing, whilst Sanchez would be a "good" signing.

So what do you do? Go off of your own opinion, or your scouts opinion?

Cheers
    Depends what your scouts stats are for judging player ability/potential. If they are rubbish then sack the scout and get one with better stats

Amateur
    Pontefract, yep thats right you\'ve never heard of it.

I'd advise looking at the stats for the player however don't forget that they will rate a player better than his stats suggest because of his two footedness. Example I think Di Maria is left foot only whereas Sanchez is almost Either foot I think. Look at where your going to play them, how you plan on playing them and then decide which one is more suited to you. Use the scout to see if he has more potential.

P.S for what its worth, ive had both players and for me it would be sanchez but my mate had Di Maria and he said he was quality.
    Proving that both player are quality if you use them right.

Amateur

I think sanchez has a higher potential which is why hes more rated.

Youth Team

Go on your own opinion. The scouts aren't guaranteed to be right, so you might as well make your own choice.

If Sanchez is both/either footed, then his attributes will appear lower because of his dual-footedness (if thats even a word) and the way attribute "weighing" works.

Part-timer

Yeah, make up your own mind. The scouts only give a very narrow view based on what they are coded to weigh as the best stats.

If they are established players, look at their match ratings for instance - how do they actually perform? AI scouts don't pay as much attention to that sort of thing as a real human would.

Amateur

I think the scouting mechanism should be more comprehensive about the hidden attributes.
    A more detailed breakdown of the player's personality and consistency/important match rating would be really helpful.
    At the moment these things are really ambiguous even when the scouts mention a sentence about it.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

Both .

Semi Pro
    Last seen in Greece - rumoured to have been released by Panetolikos

I go by my opinion of the player in real life. I very rarely buy a player I haven't seen play before.

In real life I would say Sanchez is the better of the two, in FM probably Di Maria

+ Reply to Thread