Why is your username your username?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

mine because of a CM 00-01 argentinian AMC legend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember Diego Klimowicz well. Had a good file with him at Wolfsburg not too long ago.

Mine was actually a mistake.

When I signed up I thought the 'login name' would be the login name which doubles as our forum name, like most message boards. Then I of course thought that the 'display name' would be our real name displayed in our profiles or something. So, I went ahead and picked a nickname and filled out the rest of the registration.

...only to post my first message and realize the 'display name' is actually the board user name. So I tried to re-register to correct this horrible mistake, but I only got one post under the new name before it was deactivated by SI.

So, I've been stuck with this name since then.

Kain Kahn was a name I came up with when I was 15/16 and first got the internet. I can't quite remember exactly why, but its possible Kahn is either influenced by the German goalkeeper or a misspelling of Genghis Khan. Kain, I'm assuming, is from the Bible, but deliberately misspelt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

Mine's a somewhat obscure wolf reference, which I've been using as an internet moniker for .. seventeen years now.

Great. Now I feel old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow you are old, i didnt even reliase the net had been around for that long. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Omnislash:

mine is from FF7, nuff said icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tru tru.

My name is easy to work out champ (because when i signed up to these forums it was CM we were all lovin before the change to FM) and Lodge simply because my name is Adam Lodge.

So its not me saying i am the champion of the world! lol.

My first name is Gergely, but I'm always called Gergő. My surname begins with an "M", so phonetically it's "em". We write our surnames first in Hungary.

So "em" (from M...) + "gergo" (from Gergő)= emgergo, and I'm using this nick now for about 8 years in differnet fora.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skat:

Mines a typo, was meant to be Skrat from Ice Age. Just a random name i thought of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a rather unfortunate typo icon_biggrin.gif

mine is inspired by a japanese show called Super Sentai, where the characters have superhero designations which are a combination of the team name (e.g. 'Boukenger') and colour (so you have BoukenRed, BoukenBlack and so on). The Delta part is made up by me (as part of the name of a superhero team of me and my friends in stories I used to write) and Blue is not only my favourite colour but also the colour of my favourite team, Ipswich. which is a very long way of saying 'my fictional superhero designation'.

Archived