Cannot sign Pavlyuchenko due to work permit

Im managing Portsmouth in 2011 and tried to sign Pavlyuchenko on the cheap from Tottenham but the work permit has been denied.

Im confused because i thought once a player was an established international like he is and has already played in England it wouldnt be a problem.

Im managing Portsmouth in 2011 and tried to sign Pavlyuchenko on the cheap from Tottenham but the work permit has been denied.

Im confused because i thought once a player was an established international like he is and has already played in England it wouldnt be a problem.

If he's cheap, maybe he've not played much at all and even lost his place in the Russia National Team long ago?

If he's cheap, maybe he've not played much at all and even lost his place in the Russia National Team long ago?

Do you know how many caps and how often he's been picked recently? The requirement for a work permit are that the player has to have played in 75% of his countries international matches over the previous 2 years so maybe he's not played enough to qualify. The other requirements are that the player has to be an exceptional talent likely to improve the standard of the league. I dont think the fact that he's already playing in England really matters.

If you can get a feeder club in either Belgium or Poland then this should help if you want to try and sign him again.

Do you know how many caps and how often he's been picked recently? The requirement for a work permit are that the player has to have played in 75% of his countries international matches over the previous 2 years so maybe he's not played enough to qualify. The other requirements are that the player has to be an exceptional talent likely to improve the standard of the league. I dont think the fact that he's already playing in England really matters.

If you can get a feeder club in either Belgium or Poland then this should help if you want to try and sign him again.

oh yeah that would really work! (sarcastic), from what the OP has insinuated, he is probably around 30 years old now, by the time you have completed the mandatory three years WP period, it won't be worth it.

oh yeah that would really work! (sarcastic)

No need for sarcasm. I was just offering an opinion which I thought was reasonable considering I am not all that familliar with the player in question and having feeder clubs in these countries (and Spain for south american players) would be good thing to have for the future anyway.

Hes 29 at the moment and ive searched through a few of the Russia games and hes played in a few but i guess the 75% over 2 years issue could come in.

So what happens if when Spurs signed him all of a sudden he was dropped from the Russia squad for 2 years+

Its a stupid rule.I mean can any other club in Europe sign him?

Im seriously tight on cash at Portsmouth and need a striker badly

Archived