How do you embed an Image in a thread

I wanted to post a screenshot of something weird that happened, so I used shift-print screen to capture the image and then saved it to a file. Easy enough so far.

I log onto forum and start a new thread. The editor has a small icon that says insert image, so I click and it asks for a URL address, so I quickly up load the screen shot to another website and then insert the url address.

I can see what looks like this

70161901fc3db17d

So what did i do wrong

I wanted to post a screenshot of something weird that happened, so I used shift-print screen to capture the image and then saved it to a file. Easy enough so far.

I log onto forum and start a new thread. The editor has a small icon that says insert image, so I click and it asks for a URL address, so I quickly up load the screen shot to another website and then insert the url address.

I can see what looks like this

weird%20throw-in.jpg

So what did i do wrong

You want the actual image link (right-click the image, copy image location), not the page it's displayed in.

I must be doing something wrong.

I can only copy and paste images that I have uploaded to my webspace and have viewed in internet explorer as a webpage.

When I copy and paste the image I can see it, but when I return to the thread half an hour later the image has disapeared.

I will try again with a different image on a different webspace.

training-technical.gif

This should be an image of a training schedule.

I must be doing something wrong.

I can only copy and paste images that I have uploaded to my webspace and have viewed in internet explorer as a webpage.

When I copy and paste the image I can see it, but when I return to the thread half an hour later the image has disapeared.

I will try again with a different image on a different webspace.

training%20-%20technical.gif

This should be an image of a training schedule.

yes, it is. :)

...and "whoah!" that's a serious schedule! Please tell me that's just your midwinter defenders' schedule?

Do you not find that the defender loses points from everything except his tactics and defending attributes using that schedule?

yes, it is. :)

...and "whoah!" that's a serious schedule! Please tell me that's just your midwinter defenders' schedule?

Do you not find that the defender loses points from everything except his tactics and defending attributes using that schedule?

I was trying to use this schedule to increase his tactics and defending as they seemed to be stuck.

I'm sorry to keep bringing this subject up, but I am still looking for answers.

I was wondering if it is the hosting service. I use a free hosting service.

I will try imageshack, a different host, and see if screenshot stays put.

trainingtechnical.gif

Ah, that could be why. Yes, some of them "expire".

Personally, I signed up for an account with Imageshack, so if I ever need a link to a pic that I've uploaded, they're all there in one place waiting for me.

Incidentally, you've inspired me to be a bit more "harsh" with some of my training regimes. :)

Archived