Transfer Budget Problem

Hey peeps, I have a problem that I'm highly confident someone can answer. I'm a quarter of my way through a second season in the MLS. I won the ship' in my first season and have won a couple other competitions in my short tenure. My club has no debt and I started last season with 500K as a transfer budget.

I purged it at the internationally transfer deadline during my first season to acquire a new player, and ever since then I have not had any transfer budget even though I made a substantial profit the season i purged my transfer budget in the tune of 20 Million profit. It's been over a full year since i spent my transfer budget the previous season.

My question is, how come I don't have a transfer budget this season, when I turned a huge profit the season prior?

Patch 10.2

You won the championship and you won some other competitions, which also means your players are pretty good for the league. Perhaps your unambitious board thinks your current crop of players are more than good enough to do the job again this year and they don't see the need for more spending.

You won the championship and you won some other competitions, which also means your players are pretty good for the league. Perhaps your unambitious board thinks your current crop of players are more than good enough to do the job again this year and they don't see the need for more spending.

Stupid Board...

About a quarter of my starters wouldn't re-sign with me so now I have a bunch of newgen/regens on my starting squad.

If you look on the finances page, you'll see how much of the transfer revenue the board are willing to make available, as a %, however, its highly unusual that they haven't re-assessed this at the start of your second season.

Have you tried asking them to make "extra transfer funds available" via the "board room" screen?

Did your wage budget increase a lot form last season?

Has a new stadium been decided on?

If you look on the finances page, you'll see how much of the transfer revenue the board are willing to make available, as a %, however, its highly unusual that they haven't re-assessed this at the start of your second season. : I don't know where this % thing is. All I see is allocation of funds and it says $0. I have a balance of 131mil.

Have you tried asking them to make "extra transfer funds available" via the "board room" screen? : Option is grayed out.

Did your wage budget increase a lot form last season? : Don't know to be honest. I have a budget of 20mil and am only spending 7mil. My wages went down drastically actually from the previous season from players departing

Has a new stadium been decided on? : Nope, I have the best stadium in the MLS that is nearly sold-out every game.

Well after messing around, i stumbled upon a slider that lets me edit my budget and it was all the way to the left towards wage budget and I had to swing it to the right to increase my transfer budget.

How come with a blance of 131mil I wasn't able to increase my transfer budget to more than 8mil?

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/rinso3/finances.jpg <that link shows the % figure I was referring to...

I would suggest the £8m is the figure the current board deem suitable for your club to be spending. They will probably have decided on the figures pre-season, and the only leeway you have is to decrease your wage budget in favour of transfer money via the slider you have found.

I haven't seen the "request transfer funds" greyed out before, as I'm currently using it quite a bit, so I think thats unusual... What is it saying on the "Board request status" part of the board-room screen, with regards to your finances?

Archived