[FM10] Brining Home the Bacon (Danish of course)

ron6632

Hi,

Long time Lurker, moved here due to LLM rules on adding new divisions.

Consulted Frank who promptly sent me to Denmark, Second Division East.

B93

Boldklubben af 1893 is a Danish football club currently playing in the Danish 2nd Division East. They play at the 7,000 seat Østerbro Stadion in Østerbro, Copenhagen.

Danish championship titles (9): 1916, 1927, 1929, 1930, 1934, 1935, 1939, 1942, 1946

Danish Cup: 1982

35 seasons in the Highest Danish League

28 seasons in the Second Highest Danish League

11 seasons in the Third Highest Danish League

To be honest I was slightly surprised by Franks choice. The board wanted me to win the division and the media had me down as first, which is an unusual start for LLM. We had reasonable youth facilities which makes me optimistic about the future.

Anyway all top leagues from Europe loaded in some form or other with England down to level 10.

Career Progress

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Season 1 (2009/10) | B93  | Danish Second Division East - 2nd | Promotion to 1st Division          
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Season 2 (2010/11) | B93  | Danish First Division - 12th  
|Season 3 (2011/12) | B93  | Danish First Division - 5th
|Season 4 (2012/13) | B93  | Danish First Division - 3rd 
|Season 5 (2013/14) | B93  | Danish First Division - 2nd | Promotion to Premier Division   
|Season 6 (2014/15) | B93  | Danish Premier Division - 11th | Relegation to 1st Division          
|Season 7 (2015/16) | B93  | Danish First Division - 1st  | Promotion to Premier Division | Champions
|Season 8 (2016/17) | B93  | Danish Premier Division

Season 1

Board expectations

League: 1st

Cup: 3rd Round

Media Prediction: 1st

My debut season in Denmark was to be mixed. I always find season one to be the most difficult to get through, trying to build a winning side from the dead wood already at the club.

Players in 7

DM, M C Signed on a free from Hobro, despite an injury was to become a stalwart in my midfield, weighing in with 3 assists.

DL, M LC Unattached, not the best in the world but a good utility player who would do well for us.

DC, Hungarian. Signed in August a few games into the season. Again not the best in the world but turned into a fantastic player at the back

D RC Signed on a free from Frem. Superb player, ever present in the side after signing at the end of August

S Swedish 22 yr old. Signed to bolster our flagging attack in September. Went on to score 8 for the season.

Two more u-20 followed (D C and AM C) both from Sweden who are ones for the future.

Players out 7

7 players left. They were pretty awful and most were on amateur contracts

Our friendlies went relatively well, although of concern was the teams showing against top division sides. 6-0 and 4-0 against AGF and Viborg respectively.

Other than that we started the season well, leading the way with 9 points out of 9. The team was looking solid until brought down to earth by HIK who taught us a harsh lesson in a 4-0 drubbing. Up to the mid-season break we flattered to deceive, being relatively inconsistent, although we weren't losing many. At the break we sat in 4th, although 2nd - 5th were sitting on the same points. Brondby II were leading the way with a 4 point lead.

The second half of the season brought a new Ass Man (the old one becoming a bog standard coach) and with it brought a change in tactics. The first few games were against tough opponents, all teams who were in the mix, and at the new mans suggestions we changed our approach entirely. The result was the 4-0 demolition of FC Kopenhagen II away, a performance which I would say was quite simply the best I have ever seen a side produce ever since I have been playing CM/FM.

6 wins on the trot put us in a title challenge with Bronby, but two poor away consecutive performances against relegation fodder all but blew our champoinship hopes. We bounced back to win 5 of the six final games which left us in second place, 8pts behind Brondby and 5pts ahead of HIK.

With only one automatic promotion place and play off place up for grabs our luck was in. Brondby II couldn't get promoted being their reserve team so we picked up the automatic spot with HIK getting the playoff place.

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts

1st C Brøndby II 30 22 4 4 66 26 +40 70

2nd P B 93 30 19 5 6 45 21 +24 62

3rd P HIK 30 17 6 7 53 27 +26 57

4th LFA 30 12 13 5 42 34 +8 49

5th B 1908 30 13 7 10 40 25 +15 46

6th Glostrup Albertslund 30 13 4 13 42 55 -13 43

7th Vanløse 30 12 6 12 43 37 +6 42

8th FC København II 30 10 12 8 37 35 +2 42

9th Stenløse 30 10 10 10 36 37 -1 40

10th Nordvest FC 30 10 9 11 47 48 -1 39

11th Avarta 30 8 8 14 37 45 -8 32

12th Brønshøj 30 6 14 10 30 45 -15 32

13th Søllerød-Vedbæk 30 7 9 14 39 52 -13 30

14th R Greve 30 9 3 18 45 60 -15 30

15th R Skjold 30 7 7 16 20 37 -17 28

16th R Allerød 30 4 5 21 17 55 -38 17

Cups

Out in the 3rd round. Trounced 5-0 by Randers FC, another top division side.

A reasonable season. We started to play some really nice football in the second half of the season. The board weren't overly impressed, they wanted the title and were not particularly happy with the wage budget. We have much to build on for next season and with a reasonable side we should stay up.

Season 2

1st Half

The board wanted a Mid-Table finish

Media had us 9th

In came two loan players, Jannik Hansen (AM R/S) from Brondby and Lars Neilsen (DM/M LC).

Two Goalkeepers came in as cover plus three youngsters for the future.

Out went many youngsters who couldn't make the grade plus some of the deadwood.

Pre-season went well, with only one defeat. However the league schedulers need a kick up the arse. Only two of our first 9 games being at home. What follows was painful watching.

Game 1 - Kolding v B93 - 2-1 (Senoglu 70)

We lost a goal after 16 mins then went on to dominate the game. We lost a second on the break before Senoglu pulled one back adding to a frantic finish. The performance this made me optimistic. This was to be our only away goal up until our last game before the winter break.

Game 2 - B 93K v Thisted FC - 1-2 (Wissam Nielsen 8)

Our D R puts us ahead with a screamer. We dominate but fail to score again (17 shots to 6). Thisted have two shots on target the whole game hitting the winner 5 mins from time. Gutted.

Game 3 - Naestved v B93 - 2-0

Outplayed and outmatched. Not helped when our Captain D RC Casper Kruse is sent off after 16 mins.

Game 4 - FC Vestsjaelland v B93 - 3-0

Another abject away performance, lasting 7 mins before losing the first goal.

Game 5 - B93 v FC Frederica - 4-2 (Senoglu 7,28 Dyre 30 Graveson 79)

580 optimistic souls turn up. We play well while looking leaky at the back. 3-1 up at half time things get nervy when Frederica pull it back to 3-2 as they pound our goal. Graveson scores on 79 to give us our first points of the season.

Game 6 - Lyngby v B93 - 2-0

We matched them in every department until we scored an o.g. from a corner on the stroke of half time. Never looked like scoring and lost the second 15 mins from time.

Game 7 - HB Koge v B93 - 1-0

A game we needed to get something from. A spectacular free kick cost us the game on 20 mins. Otherwise a drab, poor game

Game 8 - B93 v Velje - 1-1 (Hammershoj 19)

We go 1-0 down and I fear the worst. A fine move cutting through the heart of the defence gives us a goal from our anchor-man. That's the end of the scoring although Velje dominate for the rest of the game. It's a relief to pick up a point and amazingly we are only 3rd bottom and not out of touch with the rest, even though we have only 4 pts.

Game 9 - B93 v Viborg - 0-2

The leaders come to town and blow us away. We are 2-0 down within 30 mins then have Shawkat sent off destroying even the slightest hope of a comback.

Game 10 - B93 v Frem - 3-0 (Kedrii 2, Bahtiri 41, 82)

We start superbly and never look back. Kadrii D/AM L/F C is 19 and looks a great prospect. We never look like losing this and young Swede Bahtiri scores before half-time to settle the nerves. Frem have a push towards the end but Bahtiri scores again to seal the win, taking us up to 7pts, 4 behind 13th place.

Game 11 - B93 v Blokhus FC 2-0 (Bahtiri 71, Bo Mortenson 88)

A tight game that we just about edge. It's looking like a 0-0 until Bahtiri pops up with a vital goal. Bo Mortenson seals it late with a piledriver.

Game 12 - FC Fyn v B93 - 2-0

Our next away game goes to form. I think we may get a point from this but two late goals scunner us. We deserved to lose with Fyn dominating

Game 13 - B93 v Silkeborg - 0-1

A home game I think we can win. We lose to a comical piece of defending on 16mins. In reality the score should have been a rugby one. We never even managed 1 shot on target.

Game 14 - HIK v B93 - 1-1 (Senoglu 5)

We are 1-0 up after 5mins against the other promoted team from the Second Division East. After we take the lead with only our second away goal it looks like we could score a barrowload. HIK come out a different side in the second half and we are lucky to get the point, our first away point of the season!

Game 15 - B93 v Skive-3-1 (Hammershoj 7,19 Senoglu 34)

3-0 up at half time in the best performance of the season. We aren't so good second half but they only score in injury time. Amazingly we are lifted out the bottom three on goal difference as FC Vestjaellands lose.

League table

The first half of the season has pretty much been an unmitigated disaster, tempered by a 7-0 thrashing of lower league opposition in the cup. We are put out to Lyngby in the 3rd round at home.

It is a minor miracle that we have remained in touch in the league, but with a slight improvement in form we may just survive. Our away form has to improve and we have to start winning all our home games. The board seem non-plussed at the moment, but I get the feeling if we go down I shall recieve a P45.

Incidentally, St Pats came in with a job offer...the idiots. Of course they were turned down.

Season 2 - Part 2

Game 16 - Thisted FC v B93 - 1-1 (Dakinah 17)

A game in which we dominated early on, scoring a sclaffed chance after a freekick. We couldn't put the game to bed and Thisted equalised midway through the second half. A vital point away to a side that eventually finished 7th.

Game 17 - B93 v Neastved - 1-0 (Dyre 28)

The only surprising thing about this game was that we only won 1-0. Dominant from start to finish against a side that would finish second bottom. They had been one of two teams stuck in the bottom two all season, never looking like avoiding relegation.

Game 18 - Vejle v B93 - 1-1 (Hammershoj 38)

We lose a goal and I fear the worst. A superb counter attack see's Hammershoj score a vital goal for us. Vejle (who finish 3rd) have corner after corner but can't break us down. Unfortunately other results don't go our way and we drop back down into the relegation zone.

Meanwhile Skive, who had been in a promotion place at game 7 are getting sucked towards the wrong end of the table

Game 19 - B93 v Kolding - 2-0 (Bahtiri 32, Dyre 71)

Mid table Kolding come visiting and we produce arguably our best performance of the season. Both goals arrive after failed Kolding corners. Significantly this game leaves us 6 unbeaten and more importantly lifts us up to 12th. Our highest position so far. Skive, who have now gone into freefall take our place.

Game 20 - FC Frederica v B93 - 3-0

The game is effectively over (2-0) by the 28th minute and our good run nothing but a distant memory. Any thoughts of climbing the league are put aside as we stay with the relegation battles. However other results do go our way and we remain in 12th.

Game 21 - B93 v FC Vestjaelland - 1-1 (Dyre 66)

We huff and we puff and the opposition penalty area leads a charmed life until Dyre scores a cracker in the 66th minute. Despite continual pressure for the whole game we just cannot score again. Torpegaard pops up in the 2nd minute of stoppage time to break our hearts and deny us vital points.

Game 22 - B93 v Lyngby - 1-2 (Dyre 84)

Gutting is the only word to describe this. Lyngby take a deserved 1st half lead but we go for the jugular in the 2nd. Like the previous game we just can't seem to score until Senoglu is fouled in the box. Dyre score the penalty and it looks like we have salvaged a point. Lightening strikes twice though and the ref award Lyngby a penalty in the 4th min of injury time. Nuff said. 1 point from 6 when we could have had 4.

Game 23 - Viborg v B93 - 2-0

League leaders and eventual champs live on tv. It could have been so much more if not for Nicolai Larsen having a blinder.

Game 24 - Blokhus FC v B93 - 2-2 (Dyre 64, Senoglu 70)

Abject 1st half performance, we up our game in the second finally getting the breakthrough via the penalty spot. Senoglu sends me wild, before an 84th minute penalty is awarded to us. Dyre, normally Mr reliable hit's it straight at the keeper and the chance of 3 points is gone. However I'm pretty happy with just the 1 which just about keeps us in 12th spot.

Game 25 - Frem v B93 - 0-1 (Krohn 53)

Frem were the whipping boys of the division. We struggle, but are awarded a 53rd min penalty which turns out to be the winner, our only away victory of the season. Thank heaven for small mercies. This game goes a long long way to aiding our survival, although we remain in 12th.

Game 26 - B93 v HB Koge - 1-2 (Bo Mortensen 87)

I'm at a loss to how we lose this. The superior team by far we lose to two sucker punches. Mortensens goal comes too late for a fightback.

Game 27 - B93 v FC Fyn - 3-1 (Dyre 30, Jensen OG 34, Bo Mortenson 65)

For once we get the luck. The Fyn GK has a mare, dropping the ball for Dyre and seeing the ball rebound off the post, off his back and in from Bo Mortensons shot. Fyn pull one back on 53 and the nerves start jangling. Mortenson completes the scoring midway thorough the second half from a through ball. The 3pts lift us to 11th and mean we need only 2pts for safety.

Game 28 - Silkeborg v B93 - 2-1 (Senoglu 88)

The scoreline looks close. It wasn't. Silkeborg finish in second.

Game 29 - B93 v HIK - 2-0 (Senoglu 28, Bo Mortenson 48)

A fine win secures 1st Division football. For the second goal Senoglu runs the length of the pitch, sees his shot parried only for a Bo Mortenson tap in.

Game 30 - Skive v B93 - 3-1 (Anderson 4)

The team is changed drastically to give some youngsters an opportunity to show what they can do. 18 yr old Anderson scores a pile-driver early on and things look good. Skive, who are fighting for their lives and need a miracle turnaround of seven goals, do their best to stay up but it is to no avail as Vestjaelland win 2-0 to make it academic.

A better second half to the season we were still pretty abject away from home. The only good thing being three teams with worse records away from home.

League Table-In the end we stay up by 5 pts. It looks much more comfortable than it was!

As a sideline I have been collating CCC statistics for the season after reading the arguments in GQ. The results were as follows

Our CCC

CCC - 69 for the season (all competitions)

CCC scored - 29 (all competitions)

% of CCC scored - 42% of CCC scored

Total goals scored - 44 (all competitions)

65% of all our goals were from CCC

Opposition CCC

CCC - 62 for the season (all competitions)

CCC scored against - 23 (all competitions)

% of CCC scored - 37% of CCC scored

Total goals scored against - 45

51% of goals against were from CCC

Make of these stats what you will :) although at first glance it looks as though more non CCC are scored against us. Significant?

Congratulations on the promotion in season 1, but your board wanting a mid-table finish in season 2 sounds a bit harsh. But looks like you did a good job in staying up and if you can improve away from home then next season should be a lot better :thup:

Cheers. After the start we had I thought we were dead certs for the drop. Fortunately there were two teams more horrific than us which helped us keep in touch. The board aren't happy with the season though. They are disappointed that the team "barely staved of relegation". Ungrateful wretches

Casper Kruse D CR - Our Captain wins supporters player of the year

Best Eleven

Season 3 Preview

After the relegation battle of last season the Board still wanted a mid-table finish.

The media had us down a place to 10th.

Our opening schedule last year in the league was nothing short of horrendous, but the schedulers have been kinder this year with two home openers. The first is live on TV against rivals HIK.

One of the problems in the Danish league is the quite insane rule of having at least 3 u-21 on the bench (it doesn't count if they are in the starting line up.) What this means is I occasionally have to leave what would be a starting player on the bench just to fulfill these requirements. Very frustrating

Key Players

Nicolai Larsen - I'm looking for the young keeper to deveolp this season. After a dreadful start last year he made the GK place his own

Casper Kruse - Club Captain and player of the year. Formed a solid(ish) partnership at the back last season. Will hopefully play as well this season

Frederik Hammershoj - Our anchor man. Was very solid last season was one of our most consistent performers. Weighed in with a few vital goals.

Olcay Senoglu - Needs 1 league goal to become our all time top scorer with 33. Looking for big things this season. Scored 11 all competitions last season

Bashkim Kadrii - A big part of our future. Danish/Albanian he is already starting to perform well for the Albanian u21s. Would like to see an improvement in his crossing, and a few more goals, but he has already proved his worth the last two seasons.

Transfers

Three in strengthen our midfield. All three should do well for us but I will hopefully introduce them slowly so as not to unbalance the side.

Soren Neilsen - HB Koge. 28yr old AM C. Will look for a bit more creativity from him in the midfield

Niklas Svendsen -HB Koge. 24 yr old D/WB L, ML. Yet to find his best position, but a fine player and gives me loads of options down the left.

Adrian Andresen - Unattached. 20yr old AM RC, S. Is going to play mainly off the bench but provides much needed cover for the right. Will hopefully give Dyre a run for his money.

Out went a lot of players, including the release of some fairly handy youngsters. Wait till I get my hands on the coach that let them go. (Note to self, deal with u-19 contracts by yourself). A few players had signed pre-contract agreements and left the club, including two of the players I had brought in at the start of last season. It was a little annoing, but they hadn't played a great role in our season so in a way it was understandable.

CCC = Clear Cut Chances. There are some conspiracy theories around about wether or not the AI creates and scores more than the human manager. The first season stats for both me and the AI seem pretty similar, there isn't a drastic difference between the two set of stats. Anything within +-10% is ok

Game 1 - B93 v HIK - 1-0 (Bo Mortenson 76)

In front of the TV cameras the game is pretty much a non-event. Very scrappy, we do dominate the game creating the lions share of the chances. Our only good move of the game results in a cut-back for Bo Mortenson to tap home. A deserved, if un-inspiring victory. The fans are happy though, we've beaten one of our closest rivals again.

Game 2 - B93 v Vejle - 0-2

I was optimistic, the team was honking. A goal either side of half time was the least an unimpressive Vejle side (who failed to beat us last season) deserved. We only started to threaten after the second goal (1 shot at goal up until then) and had a number of chances to get back in the game. We didn't and to be honest we didn't deserve to. Dreadful performance.

Game 3 - FC Fyn - 1-3 (Senoglu 14, Hammershoj 35, Bahtiri 87)

After the poor performance last time out I make a few changes to the line up and set up a little more attacking. We dominate from start to finish, although we are pegged back to 1-1 in the 28th minute. Hammershoj pops up with one of his vital goals from a lovely one touch move (did I just see that happen :) ) to give us the lead. It takes until 3 minutes from time to seal the points, with Fyn always looking dangerous on the break. With better finishing we could have scored 6 here today. Putting games to bed is something that concerns me at the moment.

Game 4 - B93 v HB Koge - 1-0 (Bahtiri 70)

Bahtiri comes off the bench for the second game in the row to score. We were superb, playing some of the best football I've seen from this club. Again, we cannot find the killer touch which makes things nervy towards the end. 17 shots to 4 at the end gives you an idea of how on top we were. On the plus side we had lost both games to Koge last season. Progress is being made. We now sit 6th with 9 points :)

Game 5 - FC Hjorring v B93 - 1-1 (Senoglu 45+1)

Entertaining end to end game against a newly promoted side. 1-1 was probably about the right result although I felt we just about deserved to win after taking the lead. Lost the equaliser to a defensive error from a corner mid-way through the second half. Senoglu was superb, holding the ball up well and causing havoc with his running.

Game 6 - SonderjyskE v B93 - 1-0

SonderjyskE had just been relegated from the Premier. I was expecting a difficult game, and I made a few tactical changes based on my Ass Mans advice. We were arguably the better side, we created the better chances and to sum our game up, missed a penalty. On to the next one.

Game 7 - B93 v FC Vestsjaeland - 2-0 (Bahtiri 36, Dyre 49)

A fine home performance against a high flying Vestsjaeland side. A comfortable win. The only down side was an injury to Casper Kruse.

Game 8 - Lyngby v B93 - 3-1 (Senoglu 72)

Lyngby are fast becoming our bogey team. I really want to beat them. We were 2-0 down in 13 mins, which makes this look a comprehensive score line. It wasn't. We created many chances and gave them a good run but by the time we scored it was 3-0. Again our lack of finishing let us down, while at the other end we were defensively naive. However an encouraging away performance.

Game 9 - Thisted v B93 0-0

The second of three consecutive away games is a rare goalless draw. We could and probably should have won, our finishing again letting us down.

Game 10 - FC Frederica v B93 - 1-1 (Svendsen 18)

We take the lead with a cracking feekick and dominate the first half. Again poor finishing means we don't add to the lead and again it costs us. We are poor second half and lose a 63rd min equaliser.

At the end of the first third of the season we are sitting realtively comfortably in 8th place, with a game in hand. Bronshoj look set for the drop, winning one, drawing one and scoring only 4 goals in their first 10 games.

League table game 10

Game 11 - B93 v FC Nordsjaelland - 3-4 (Dakinah 16, Gravesen 28, 79)

We start to find our scoring touch. Unforunately the defence is getting leaky. We dominated the game in every stat other than the most important one. 3-2 down at half time we lost a 4th early in the second half which was too far to come back from.

Game 12 - B93 v Kolding FC - 6-1 (Senoglu 5, 76, Dyre pen 22, Bahtiri 32, 39, 45)

Finaly we contrive to do what we have been threatening, we give a side a thrashing, earning our largest league win ever. Kolding are in the bottom two so it's unsurprising that we win this, but I'm happy with the goals haul, even if it is against poor opposition.

Game 13 - Bronsoj v B93 - 3-1 (Nielsen 62)

As good as we were the in our last league game we were dire here. To put this in perspective Bronsoj were bottom of the table with the massive haul of 4pts from the season so far. This game came after a 4th round defeat (4-0) to Premier Division opposition (OB), but a defeat to a side like this is unacceptable and I made sure that the players knew this.

Game 14 - B93 v Blokhus FC - 1-1 (Bo Mortensen 69)

To some extent we bounce back from the previous account, although it takes a substitute appearance from Bo Mortensen to salvage a point for us. It's back to the usual form as we dominate without really causing Blokhus many problems.

Game 15 - Roskilde v B93 - 0-0

A competent away performance against a team lower in the league than us. After the last few away results I changes things around, playing only 1 up front. We never really looked like conceding, controling the game in midfield and creating a handfull of chances, 2 of which we really should have scored. However, I was pleased with the result with the team producing a comfortable away performance.

This concluded the 1st half of the season.

So far there has been a marked improvment in our performances compared to last season, although this is marred by some pretty horrific inconsistancy. The bottom line is we need to start taking our chances. Our crossing has been particularly poor.

On the positive side Casper Kruse and Kofi Dakina have formed a solid, if unspectacular partnership in Defence.

League table at the winter break

Danish Cup

A mixed side was put out in rounds 1-3, finding themselves through each round without much effort. We played OB (Prem) in the 4th round, and in my infinite wisdom I put out a full strenght side at home. We lost 4-0, and the hangover lasted into the next game where we lost to whipping boys Bronshoj.

We have a number of Prospects coming through.

Wissam Nielsen - A young fullback who has always been with the club. Has put in impressive performances at RB

Anders Hansen - 17yr old regen who came through last year. (WB L, DM, M LC). Has made a number of appearances from the bench and looks a fine prospect.

Jeppe Anderson - 18yr old M RC. Signed from current leaders Vejle he has had limited opportunities from the bench, mainly due to match circumstances. Will eventually get a chance.

Kristian Knudson - A D CR signed from Lyngby when he was 16. Loaned out to Hvidovre this season and has been a revelation for them. May well have a regular starting place when he comes back

Game 16 - B93 v FC Fyn - 2-0 (Senoglu 15, Andresen 32)

Our away game against league leaders Vejle was postponed due to international call ups (Thank God). Instead we had a home game agains FC Fyn who had been struggling all season and were second bottom. We are utterly dominant but it takes us until the 15th minute to open them up, with a long ball over the top. Andresen gets his 1st goal for the club (after a move from the right to the middle) which is a cracker from 25yds out. Despite plenty of efforts on target Fyn manage to keep us out for the rest of the game, again our finishing letting us down.

Game 17 - HIK v B93 - 0-2 (Dakinah 33, Bo Mortensen 90)

We win our second away game of the season with a fine performance against HIK. We are fast becoming their bogey team, which I'm quite happy with as they are strong rivals. The result moves us up to 7th and them into the relegation zone. The game is hard fought with CB Dakinah scoring a rare screamer, while Mortensen (coming off the bench) alleviates the nerves right at the death. The game also gives my young GK 3 clean sheets in a row.

Game 18 - B93 v Lyngby - 2-1 (Scholz og 22, Olczyk og 86)

Our bogey team pay a visit. In one of the more bizarre games so far we fair to score a goal and still win. Two own goals give us our first ever points against Lyngby, and more importantly is our first victory against one of the divisions top teams.

Game 19 - Vejle v B93 - 3-1 (Sonuglu 44)

This result flattered Vejle, who up until this game had been league leaders. It was always going to be a tough game against a side whose only loss had come in their previous game. An equaliser on the stroke of half time was deserved, but on the balance of things a win for them was just about right, although we aquitted ourself well.

Game 20 - B93 v FC Hjorring - 0-1

This game was the preverbial 6pt'r with Hjorring sitting one place and 2pts above us. We had two goals disallowed in the first 30 mins, one of which should have stood. A strong penalty claim waved away. Sickening.

Game 21 - HB Koge v B93 - 1-2 (Senoglu 40, 48)

A goal either side of half time by rapidly improving Senoglu puts this game to bed and removes the memory of the previous game. The only black mark is the Koge consolation on 88.

Game 22 - FC Vestsjaelland v B93 - 0-3 (Senoglu 54, 74, 88)

A goalless first half was followed by a fine personal performance by Senoglu, who now has score 5 in the last 2. Despite a couple of blips since the mid-season break we have really started to motor. It's been a long time since we wone 3-0 away in the league.

Game 23 - B93 v SonderjskE - 0-0

A home game against the side in 3rd and still in the hunt for promotion. We look solid at the back and not too bad going forward. This was about the right scoreline

Game 24 - B93 v FC Thisted - 2-0 (Bahtiri 16, Senoglu 60)

This was 2-0 going on 6-0. Utterly dominant, very good performance. Again finishing letting us down, although we did have a goal disallowed.

Game 25 - B93 v FC Frederica - 3-1 (Senoglu 60, Kruse 87, Nielsen 90+3)

This was a lot closer than it looks. 1-0 down at half time Senoglu continued his good form with the equaliser, eventually. I would have been happy with a point, but it is a mark of how the team has developed this season that we kept pushing and put the game to bed at the death.

Game 26 - FC Nordsjaeland v B93 - 3-2 (Andresen 8, Senoglu 90+2)

Against the team in 2nd. We were never going to win this so I decided to have a go. An end to end game produced goals but Nordsjaeland were well worth the 3pts. Very pleased with the battling performance by the side. This was the sort of game we would just roll over on earlier in the season.

Game 27 - FC Kolding v B93 - 1-3 (Bahtiri 56, pen 67, Nielsen 88)

We bounce back well against a re-invented Kolding side that had sacked their manager at the half way point, now making a fine recovery. A very pleasing result from a tricky game.

Game 28 - B93 v Bronsoj - 1-0 (Hammershoj 25)

They were already relegated, I was looking for revenge for that dreadful result earlier in the season. While we never looked like conceding, we never really looked like scoring until Hammershoj headed in from a freekick. Still, an important 3pts.

Game 29 - Blokhus FC v B93 - 1-2 (Dyre 43, Bahtiri 87)

Our form has seen us move to 6th. The win here against the team above us took us past them into 5th, our highest possible finishing place. Avoiding defeat in the last game would leave us in a position I could only have dreamed of at the start of the season.

Game 30 - B93 v FC Roskilde - 4-1 (Kruse 49, Torry 58, 62, Lindstrom 69)

A goalless 1st half leads me to bring on some squad players at half time. Torry and Lindstrom score their first league goals for the club to finish the season in style.

Final Table

Squad Stats

Clear Cut Chances

Following on from the stat last season:-

My CCC

CCC created - 86 (all competitions)

CCC scored - 27 (all competitions)

% CCC scored - 31%

No. of total goals scored - 60

% of Goals that are CCC - 45%

Opposition

CCC created - 58 (all competitions)

CCC scored - 16 (all competitions)

% CCC scored - 28%

No. of goals against - 35 (all competitions)

% of goals that are CCC - 46%

Again the stats are fairly similar, although only 1/3 of CCC realistically being scored. This seems to be a little low, unless it can be compared to RL stats.

Season 3 Review

Job done, would be a way to describe this season. We exceeded everyones expectations, including the board's (for the first time I might add) which is particularly pleasing.

The first half of the season was a marked improvement on last year, (it couldn't really have been much worse) although it was marred by inconsistency. Still a 20pt haul saw us comfortably mid-table. After the break we probably hit best form in the 1st Division so far. Out of a possible 45pts we had picked up 34pts. If we had managed that in the first part of the season we would have been in a title race. In the end it put us 5th, an absolutely fantastic achievement for the club.

Naturally I'm very pleased with the second half, and here's hoping we can carry that through into next season.

Key Players

Nicolai Larsen - The young GK had a superb season keeping a total of 11 clean sheets. The 21yr old will hopefully be my number 1 for many years to come, although it looks like he may have some competition from a few handy looking youngsters coming through the ranks.

Casper Kruse - Captain fantastic! Best season yet contributing to a pretty good defensive record. Turned 30 this season and will have to keep his form up as I now have two superb youngsters waiting in the wings.

Frederik Hammershoj - Very solid in the midfield, getting his best haul of assists. Was absent through injury for a couple of games and was a notable absence. In his prime at 25.

Olcay Senoglu - Lived up to expectations. His 15 goals and 13 assists (the most assists in the division) pretty much propelled us into 5th. Will be my main attacker next season but now has plenty of competition.

Bashkim Kadrii - Was very disappointed with his performances as a winger and early on only played a bit part. Moved to left full back when injuries forced it on me and was a revelation. Will be my starting full back next season, although I have plenty of options down the left.

Notable prospects

Please remember that I'm a lower league side when looking at the youngsters. The GK and two DC's I have high hope's for.

Christian Pedersen - GK with bags of potential

Michael Wulff - Not the best stats in the world but has been scoring for fun in the U-19's and highly rated by the coaching staff. Will be keeping a close eye on him.

Milan Karic - Nicked off FC Nordsjaeland. Brilliant prospect. Thank you backroom staff :)

Anders Hansen - Homegrown prospect. Has played off the bench quite often this season.

Kristian Knudsen - Nicked off Lyngby. Was farmed out on loan to Hvidovre and a a cracking season. I have high hopes!

Season 4 Preview

The board wanted top half.

Media predicting 5th.

3rd Round of the cup was a minimum requirement.

After two developing seasons in the 1st Division this is the first time I can really stop thinking about relegation, and more about making a promotion push by the end of the season.

After the winter break last year we were superb and I am looking to take this and the team forward. I'm not planning any major transfers, mainly because I now feel that we have a good well balanced and settled side. The only exception will be to get as many of my promising youngsters out on loan for some 1st team experience. Finance is getting a little shaky, mainly because I have overspent on the wage budget and this is something I will have to address, otherwise I could fin myself in difficulties.

If we can get off to a good start I see no reason why we cannot push for promotion. My only concern is that whenever we play a team that is even remotely associated with the word Premier, we roll over and die horribly. This is probably the major issue that needs addressing, and may have something to do with us still being a part-time club.

Season 4

Game 1 - B93 v Randers FC - 1-2 (Bahtiri 38)

I was looking to continue the good form from the end of last season. This home defeat against recently relegated Randers got us off to the worst possible start.

Game 2 - Aarhus Fremad v B93 - 0-3 (Andresen 35, Bahtiri 45+2, Senoglu 86)

This recently promoted side took the backlash of the previous game. A very comfortable victory. Of note was the permanent move of Andresen from the right to a central position. He would go on to make this place his own for the season.

Game 3 - B93 v Lyngby - 1-0 (Bahtiri 58)

Bahtiri's good start to the season carries on with a fine second half winner against a poor Lyngby side. We seem to have burst their bubble over us.

Game 4 - SonderjyskE v B93 - 0-2 (Bahtiri 1, Senoglu 62)

I was expecting a tough game and, despite our very early lead, we got one. This was an important win against an ex-Premier side that in the past we would have easily lost.

Game 5 - Blokhus FC v B93 - 0-1 (Torry 70)

A game that we dominate and find their Keeper in superb form. Torry comes off the bench to score his 1st league goal of the season.

Game 6 - B93 v FV Hjorring - 0-0

Hjorring have one shot (off target!) at goal, we have 16. Their Keeper plays a blinder.

Game 7 - B93 v FC Vestjaelland - 3-0 (Karic 7, Bahtiri 39, Senoglu 65)

Milan Karic scores his 1st goal for the club and cements his place at the heart of the defence. We dominate and our good start to the season continues with a comfortable victory.

Game 8 - B93 v HB Koge - 2-2 (Hammershoj 42, Dyre 54)

We go 2-0 up and look comfortable. Complacency sets in and we gift 2 goals to Koge.

Game 9 - FC Fyn v B93 - 0-4 (Senoglu 30 38 56, Karic 52)

A superb performance, we played some wonderful football, culminating in a brilliant hat-trick from Senoglu. We are now sitting in Second and I feel like a promotion push could be on the cards.

Game 10 - Naested v B93 - 0-3 (Dyre 32, Senoglu 48, Bahtiri 79)

A gritty performance with some fine goals cements our second place. With the first third of the season over we have been pretty solid and at times very impressive. If we can get to the half way stage in second then I may start to believe!

Game 11 - B93 v Hvidovre - 3-0 (Bahtiri 35, Svendsen 45, Torry 76)

Newly promoted Hvidovre can count themsleves unlucky to be beaten by this scoreline. A scrappy first, fluke second and super third seal the win.

Game 12 - FC Fredericia v B93 - 3-1 (Senoglu 76)

One of those games that I don't know how we lose so heavily. We are 3-0 down before Senoglu's consolation, but we had battered their goal for the whole game. Only our second defeat of the season.

Game 13 - FC Roskilde v B93 - 0-2 (Dyre 53, Torry 90+2)

We only seal this game late in injury time, much to my relief. Not a convincing performance, but a win nonetheless.

Game 14 - B93 v FC Kolding - 0-0

Our good form seems to be wavering with a nervy performance. We never look like losing, but only manage 2 out of 14 shots on target. A great defensive display by Kolding.

Game 15 - AC Horsens v B93 - 3-0

We draw a blank for the second game in a row. More worryingly they only have 4 shots on target. Very poor show.

Winter Break review

Up until game 15 we had been sitting in 2nd place and I was hopeful of a promotion chase in the second half of the season. The defeat against Horsens dropped us down to 4th at the break and put the chasing teams right back in the mix. The title had gone to Randers who were undefeated at the top of the table with an almost unassailable lead.

Our drop in form seemed to coincide with a heavy defeat in the cup Quarter-final (3-0) to Vejle, a game that I really thought we could win. I even, for a few mad minutes, considered that we could even go on to win the trophy. How wrong I was. What has become clear, however, is that we really need to become a professional club. Every time we meet a full-time side we seem to get a thrashing.

Game 16 B93 v SonderjyskE - 1-1 (Hammershoj 21)

We should have blown them away. Our old finishing problems rear their ugly heads again and we fall to a late equaliser. On the plus side it moves us up to 3rd.

Game 17 - FC Vestjaelland v B93 - 0-0

Poor game poor result. 0-0 was about right.

Game 18 - FC Randers v B93 - 4-0

Randers deserve to win, but 4-0 flatters them. Unfortunately the game is pretty much over by the 13th minute when the second goal goes in. Unsurprising result against the runaway league leaders, re-enforcing my view that we need to go full-time.

Game 19 - B93 v Naestved - 2-0 (Bahtiri 58, Kadrii 90+2)

Fortunately we bounce back, not so much in style but more in spirit. We put the game to bed when their Keeper comes up for a corner and Kadrii scores on the counter from 45yds. We are just about hanging on to 3rd, but promotion is slipping away fast with the two teams above us hitting top gear.

Game 20 - B93 v Aarhus Fremad - 1-0 (Karic 17)

Again our finishing lets us down badly. It falls to young defender Karic to score his 3rd of the season from an indirect freekick. Since an (fairly serious) injury to Andreson, our form seems to have dipped dramatically.

Game 21 - Lyngby v B93 - 1-1 (Dyre 27)

The scoring is over by the 27th minute. A poor game, but importantly we don't lose and hang onto 3rd.

Game 22 - FC Hjorring v B93 - 0-0

Another game we dominate and fail to score. We are really missing the assists from Andreson in the middle of the park.

Game 23 - B93 v FC Blokhus - 2-0 (Senoglu 57, Dyre 77)

Senoglu finally scores after a long long barren spell. We never look like losing, but it takes till midway through the second half to open the scoring.

Game 24 - B93 v FC Roskilde (Senoglu 33, Bahtiri 43, Christensen 69)

Roskilde do their very best to gift us goals in this game and we happily oblige them. A deserved win. With two sides breathing down our necks we are playing for 3rd place.

Game 25 - B93 v FC Fyn - 2-2 (Senoglu 22, Karic 51)

We should have won this game in the end, even though we were losing twice. Fyn had a player sent off at 2-2 but we couldn't find a winner. Overall a poor performance and I made sure the players knew that.

Game 26 - HB Koge v B93 - 3-1 (Bahtiri 44)

Again a game that we could have won by a landslide. A dodgy pen puts us 2-1 down and we never recover.

Game 27 - Hvidovre v B93 - 2-1 (Christensen 26)

We were poor and deserved to lose. 2-0 down before getting a consolation from a hoofed ball forward. I'm getting nervous as our position in the league in under threat.

Game 28 - B93 v FC Frederica - 3-1 (Bahtiri 64,77,81)

A superb hat-trick after coming off the bench seals this game in superb style. The win means that we only need 1pt from our last two games to seal 3rd.

Game 29 - Kolding FC v B93 - 1-3 (Bahtiri 8, Senoglu 34, Karic pen 83)

A fine away performance seals 3rd.

Game 30 - B93 v AC Horsens - 1-2 (Bahtiri 65)

We are 2-0 down at 18 mins. We are arguably the better side but are destined to finish the season just as we started. We only lost two games at home all season, to the two teams that finished above us. Bugger!

Season 4 Review

All in all a decent season, with a superb 1st half when it looked like we could go on a promotion push. It wasn't to be though as we fell away after our cup Q/F exit and in the end we finished in 3rd with 1pt less than the previous season.

League Table

Key Players

Jetullah Bahtiri - Great season. His goals were key in getting us to 3rd Place.

Adrian Andresen - Started on the right. An injury made me experiment with him in the centre where he stayed. A total revelation he was injured just after the Winter Break and we really missed his presence. Should be a big player for us next season.

Milan KaricYoung star in the heart of our defence. Will hopefully get better and better.

Nicaloai Larsen - The young keeper had another solid season, although he did have a couple of stinkers. Will be looking to add competition for him.

Season 5 Preview

I was happy with my squad from the last season and I have made no attempt to augment it...as yet. A number of fringe players were allowed to leave.

Players Out

Markus Lindstrom never really fulfilled his potential and was sold to VMA IK in Sweden.

Soren Neilsen AM C who was a decent player was signed by Colchester. He was getting on a bit and had never really performed for us.

Mads Ibenfeld another pretty decent player who had never really lived up to expectation. Was sold to Crewe

Casper Abdilgaard again never really excelled. Followed Ibenfeld to Crewe.

Euro U-19 Championship

Worth a mention was the performance of the Danish U-19 side, runners up in the Euro Championship. The side involved two of our impressive youngsters.

Milan Karic and Kristian Knudsen

The board wants promotion from the 1st Division. Bastards. Nothing like putting the pressure on. About half the 1st team are now on full time contracts so hopefully we can be a little more competative with the big teams.

They also want third round in the cup....I may just be able to oblige them with that!

The media have us 3rd.

Much depends on a good start again. I feel we will be at the right end of the table but promotion push depends on us being able to get results from AB and Silkeborg, both relegated from the Premier. Only time will tell!

Game 1 - FC Fyn v B93 - 0-2 (Dyre 7, Senoglu 13)

A good solid start. The game is effectively over by the 13th minute. We dominate the rest of the game but fail to add to our tally.

Game 2 - FC Vestjaelland v B93 - 0-5 (Dyre 6, Senoglu 7, Andresen 22, Svendsen 33, Bahtiri 45)

Super first half performance. We don't really look interested 2nd half. Still extremely pleased with this result.

Game 3 - B93 v Aarhus Fremad - 2-1 (Senoglu 8, Bahtiri 30)

We lose a very early goal but get back almost straight away. We make heavy weather of it but in the end just about deserve the win

Game 4 - B93 v LFA - 5-2 (Bahtiri 8, Torry 14 25 40 68)

Newly promoted LFA take an early lead but we equalise immediately. Torry, in for the injured Senoglu, has a stormer and scores 4.

Game 5 - FC Kolding v B93 - 0-3 (Torry 9 46, Svendsen 63)

5 wins out of 5 and a super away performance to leave us clear at the top. Torry will be difficult to drop on this form. Unfortunately the next game is away to.......

Game 6 - Silkeborg v B93 - 2-0

We carry on with our form against the teams that matter. We are the better side for most of the game and I'm really frustrated with this result. Two defensive errors allow Silkeborg to win the game during the second half.

Game 7 - Lyngby v B93 - 0-1 (Kruse 64)

A scrappy game we just about edge, the only goal coming from a corner.

Game 8 - B93 v AB - 1-4 (Senoglu 88)

We were shocking from start to finish, the scoreline not flattering AB at all. Again we roll over in what could be the most important result of the season against one of the relegated sides.

Game 9 - B93 v Skjold - 4-0 (Dyre pen 45+1, Bahtiri 48 60, Svendson 71)

It takes a while, but this is a very comfortable victory for us. Never look like losing a goal against a very poor Skjold side. This pleases the fans though as they are one of our closest rivals.

Game 10 - Naestved v B93 - 0-1 (Andresen 41)

A scrappy hard fought match against a side that is performing well in the league. An almighty goalmouth scramble results in the ball hitting Andresen an deflecting into the net. This could be vital at the end of the season.

Game 11 - B93 v FC Frederica - 5-0 (Dyre 12, Torry 20 22, Hammershoj 55, Senoglu 85)

Another fine home performance which leaves us 2nd in the league. Silkeborg have a 2pt lead while AB sit 4pts behind us. The top three are beginning to break away from the rest of the field.

Game 12 - B93 v SonderjyskE - 3-1 (Hojlund OG 13, Andresen 61, Hammershoj 71)

The bottom side make things difficult for us, although we are in control for most of the game. We lose an equaliser to a stupid penalty and it takes a cracking free kick from Andresen midway through the second half to ease the nerves.

Game 13 - Blokhus FC v B93 - 1-3 (Bahtiri 41 89, Svendsen 81)

Another gritty away performance saw us take the points at relegation threatened Blokhus. This result put us top, at least for a day!

Game 14 - B93 v Nordvest FC - 3-0 (Svendsen 12, Senoglu 48, 79)

Closer than it looked. 2-0 eased the pressure and the late 3rd took the fight out of Nordvest, who had been sitting in 4th.

Game 15 - Hvidovre v B93 - 3-0

We weren't as bad as the scoreline makes out, but we were close to it. Never looked like getting anything out of the game and they thoroughly deserved the points.

Winter Break

The side has, with one or two exceptions, performed superbly in the first half of the season. We are now in the middle of a Promotion race, and there is the possibility of a title race, but that may just be pie in the sky. We have been scoring for fun so far this season culminating in Jetullah Bahtiri winning 1st Div player of the year.

League Table at the Winter Break

I'm desperately trying to lower our wage bill, but I get the feeling the club may have to start selling it's assets if we fail to win promotion.

Dodgy Financies

Game 16 - B93 v FC Vestjaelland - 6-1 (Bahtiri 2, Senoglu 6 28 35, Hammershoj 65 71)

We hit the ground running, blowing away Vestjaelland in the first half. They rally after the break and briefly get one back before Hammershoj puts the gloss on the result.

Game 17 - B93 v FC Fyn - 4-0 (Senoglu 29 56, Bahtiri 35, Andresen pen 70)

We take a while to get going, but our strike force is superb and despite a plucky performance from bottom club Fyn the first goal on the half hour mark sounds the inevitable.

Game 18 - Aarhus Fremad v B93 - 0-3 (Senoglu 8, Andresen 16, Bahtiri 35)

I was nervous about this game with Aarhus being a decent side and performing fairly well in the league. I shouldn't have worried as we won the game in the first half.

Game 19 - AB v B93 - 0-2 (Bahtiri 15 48)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss! Finally we beat one of our promotion rivals and I can now believe we could actually do this. Two fantastic goals from Bahtiri seal the win and although the defence creaks we hold firm for the clean sheet - just. Revenge for the 4-1 thrashing earlier in the season is sweet :)

Game 20 - B93 v FC Kolding - 4-1 (Hammershoj 14, Svendsen 60, Torry 79, Senoglu 82)

We make heavy weather of this game until Torry comes off the bench to score his 50th career goal and make it 3-1. In a way I'm pleased we can play fairly poorly and still get a 4-1 result.

Game 21 - LFA v B93 - 1-2 (Hammershoj 66 , Torry 68)

We are dreadful 1st half and I count ourselves lucky to be 0-0 at half time. The players get read the riot act and we dominate the second half. Hammershoj finally scores on 66 from the edge of the box, and Torry gets our second a minute later. LFA get a late consolation, enough to make injury time a very nervous three minutes.

Game 22 - B93 v Silkeborg - 0-1

We revert to form against the big sides as Silkeborg complete a smash and grab double over us. A tight game, but overall we were the better side with the better chances. They have only one shot on target in what will probably decide the title. This gives them a 4pt lead on us.

Game 23 - Skjold v B93 - 0-2 (Andresen 37, Kruse 85)

A nervy game against our local rivals. We bring a large away support and we don't disappoint them. Goals from our strikers seem to have dried up in the last few games

A special mention must go to Adrian Andresen. The midfielder, while not having the best stats is a good all round player. 15 assists so far this season and some pretty vital goals means he has been my player of the season so far.

Game 24 - FC Frederica v B93 - 1-4 (Bahtiri 8, Torry 13, Dyre 48, Senoglu 9+2)

A decent performance, although Knudsen is sent off during the second half for a second bookable offence. This could cause us problems for the next few games.

Game 25 - B93 v Naestved - 0-1

We were very poor, missing Knudsen at the back. This could have been a disasterous result, but fortunately 3rd place AB lost....to Silkeborg. With five games left we wave goodbye to the championship.

Game 26 - B93 v Lyngby - 3-1 (Svendsen 12, Torry 68, Senoglu 71)

We bounce back well. Svendsen had been missing with injury and returned with a short cameo, lobbing the keeper then getting injured again. We have really missed his running in the last few games, but again a result that looks a lot more comfortable than it actually was.

Game 27 - SonderjyskE v B93 - 2-3 (Bahtiri 36, Senoglu 55 56)

The oppo are already relegated and they give us a good scare. Senoglu seals the win, just.

Game 28 - B93 v Blokhus FC - 3-0 (Hammershoj 30 46, Bahtiri 80)

We just about desreve this, without looking particularly convincing. I'm just pleased to get the three points.

Game 29 - Nordvest FC v B93 - 3-0

We were dreadful, and this leaves our promotion hopes, while still in our own hands, sitting on a knife edge. Before this match i would have said we were up. AB were 5pts behind and -10 goal difference compared to us. They won 7-0 meaning they were 2pts behind and on exactly the same goal difference.

Game 30 B93 v Hvidovre - 3-2 (Bahitiri 33 66, Torry 90+1)

Our season, no matter what happens has been pretty special, but it all came down to this game. A win would seal our promotion and the clubs first appearance in the Premier Division since 1998/99. We manage it, but the team put me through the mill......

One of the most emotional FM games I have ever experienced

Season 5 Review

What a season. We hit the ground running and just could not stop scoring until AB came to town and gave us a thrashing. It was academic as we hit the Winter Break in 2nd and found ourselves in the middle of a title race.

The title race was to peter out after Sikeborg beat us on our own patch, but our promotion push was still on, holding a five point lead over nearsest rivals AB. The promotion push was to go as close to the wire as you could possibly imagine when on the penultimate game we lost, leaving AB 2 points behind. Goal difference meant if AB won their last game (which they did convincingly) anything other than a victory would leave us in the 1st Division.

2-2 in the final game (I was almost crying at this point) it looked as if our dreams were shattered until a Roy of the Rovers moment, when a through ball found Mads Torry in injury time to cooly slot home the winner.

The final, rather too close for comfort, League Table

Key Players

Jetullah Bahtiri The striker was nothing short of superb this season. Underlined by him winning the 2013 1st Division player of the year.

Adrian Andresen My player of the season. He made 20 assists from the middle of the park and scored some pretty important goals. When injured could never really be replaced and we missed his presence.

Frederik Hammershoj Probably his best season so far, weighing in with some important goals as well as sitting in front of the defence and tidying things up.

Casper Kruse The captain was fantastic again. Getting on a bit now but seems to keep the young'uns calm at the back

Nicklas Svendsen Another player who was more noticable when not in the team. Quietly got on with his job on the left when playing and is one of the most consistent performers we have.

Olcay Senoglu Another fine season for our record scorer. Has just turned 30 so he may not have long left as a top striker. I hope to get at least 1 if not 2 seasons out of him.

Nicolai Larsen Although not really rated by my coaching staff, he just keeps getting better and better. We have a clutch of young keepers coming through though and I hape that they will put some pressure on him for the 1st team spot.

Season 6

This was to be the clubs first foray into the Premier league since 1998. For some reason the original post has been deleted (probably accidentally while editing the transfers. Because I can't be arsed typing it all out again:-

We were awful, finish second last. I coldn't buy a win, the only positive being unbeaten against Randers....who came bottom. I sold a number of first team regulars (Knudsen, Kiric, Andresen, Svendsen) at various points in the season. They weren't performing so it was better to get cash than see them leave for free (Knudsen and Svendsen went for free......bugger).

A major rebuild is needed for next season, but hopefully we can bounce back and at least put in a promotion challange.

Season 7

Pre-season was a rebuilding opportunity. My big concern is the wide areas. On the right Dyre is still a decent player but he is getting on, on the left we have a good AML prospect (Simon Larsen (17)) and not much else in the way of wingers.

Many of my regular first team were sold or moved on last season, giving us a fairly new look in Defence and midfield. Up front we remain pretty much the same plus there are a few talented youngsters coming through.

However, I expect we will miss Andresen, who had been one of the finest players this club has had since I'd been here. 825k + clauses from Lov-Ham looks like a good bit of business for us.

Game 1 v FC Frederica (a) 1-7 L (Hammershoj 41)

What a good way to start the season! We weren't terrible, we were worse, and I let the players know this at full time not only giving them the hair-dryer treatment but hitting them in their pockets too. 2-0 down just before half-time we pulled it back to 2-1 and I actually thought we could turn it around. They scored from the kick off and that was that. The second-half............

Game 2 v LFA (h) 5-0 W (Dyre 5, Bahtiri 10 61, Thorso (og) 52, Dumic (og) 82)

I had decided before this game that a loss or even a poor draw would see me resign. Fortunately we bounced back with a decent, if not spectacular performance after a major re-jig of the starting lineup. The 2 OG's put a gloss on the scoreline but it was important to get the win after the previous match.

Game 3 v Skive (a) 3-1 W (Hammershoj 4, Torry 7, 9)

The game was over in the 9th minute as we blew Skive away. The rest of the match was bloody awful.

Game 4 v FC Fyn (h) 5-0 W (Torry 18, 45+2, 66, 88, Dyre Pen 18)

The opening game has been banished as a freak result as we destroy Fyn. Mads Torry (who has been a bench player in his time at the club) is now our first choice striker and is scoring for fun.

Game 5 v HIK (a) 2-0 W (Torry 10, 37)

Another super display by Torry gives us the points in this comfortable victory over our rivals. 20 shots, 13 on target and 9 CCC against HIK 1 shot at goal. Their keeper is superb today.

Game 6 v Lyngby (a) 2-1 W (Paulsen (og) 14, Torry 34)

Away to Lyngby is always a difficult match, but we dug in and secured a fine three points. Lyngby seem to have a habit of scoring OG's when we play them, usually from set pieces. Mads Torry so far this season has been on fire and he continued his fine run of form by scoring here. It was a scrappy game but in the end we dominated for most of the time, Lyngby scoring a well worked goal in the 78th minute to give us a scare.

Game 7 v Skjold (h) 3-1 W (Hammershoj 27, Torry 37, Bahtiri 54)

We dominate this game, and we mix things around a bit. Torry's goal comes from a lovely passing move that started with our keeper, 8 passes in total, and our third came from route one. Of concern is our habit of getting a decent lead and allowing the opposition to score late on.

Game 8 v Naestved (h) 2-0 W (Hammershoj 3, Bahtiri 45)

We had just beaten them away in the cup 5-1 the previous match so I was expecting a similar type of performance. We got the performance but not the goals and when Hammershoj got the early goal we never looked in danger. Naestved had only two efforts a goal for the game underlining our performance.

Game 9 v AC Horsens (a) 0-3 L

The first of the games that I would class as a promotion class. Horsens took the lead on 7 miniutes with a screamer from outside the box and from there it was always gpoing to be difficult. We competed reasonably well, but just couldn't get our shots off effectively. A rather lucky second and superb 3rd on the counter sealed the win for Horsens. 3-0 was a bit harsh on us, but they really did deserve their win.

Game 10 v Kolding FC (a) 3-2 W (Hammershoj 42, 60, Hansen 48)

International call ups meant we had two games postponed, leaving us with this tricky away tie live on TV. For most of the game we are in fine form, getting ourselves into a 3-0 lead. I made a few substitutions giving some younger players a run out and it nearly cost us. Complacency set in and Anders Kaagh scored two piledrivers in the last 15 to give Kolding hope. In the end, they really could have had a point out of this.

Game 11 v FC Vestjaelland (h) 2-1 W (Bahtiri 35, Solvang (og) 62)

Again we struggle to see out a game. We go 2-0 up and again we fail to close out these games (although the vast majority of these late goals against us seem to be long distance). This is something that I really need to focus on changing.

Game 12 v Hvidovre (h) 3-1 W (Shawkat 16, Torry 48, 56)

Our young keeper, Per Larson, who has established himself as our number 1 this season sclaffs a passback straight to the opposition in the 1st minute. This is a tough, tough game and I breath a huge sigh of relief when Shawkat (who has been with the club 8 seasons) score his 1st for the club. And a stunner it was too! Mads Torry returned to the side after an injury and continued where he left off. Hvidovre were somewhat unlucky to lose this, but I am please with the way the team dug out the result.

Game 13 v Frem (a) 3-2 W (Torry 11, 30, Andersen 48)

This was a lot more comfortable than it looks. A fine controlled performance for the most part sees us 3-1 up in the second half, but again a long range effort pulls it back. A good win though over one of our rivals.

Game 14 v Randers FC (h) 2-2 D (Torry (pen) 76, Hammerhoj 90+3)

This could be one of the most significant results for us this season. Our second promotion rivals came to town and, in what was a fairly even game, took a 2-0 lead, (not undeserved) just after half time. They shut up shop and we threw the kitchen sink at them. Torry's penalty gave us hope with 15 minutes left and as I was cursing yet another defeat Hammershoj popped up deep in injury time to score a sweet volley from a Hansen cross. This is probably one of the most vital goals he has scored for us as the point gained here kept us top of the league.

Game 15 v Nordvest FC (a) 4-2 W (Pinna 4, Hansen 13, Hammershoj 41, Sorensen 90+4)

3-0 up at half time, we nearly threw this away spectacularly Nordvest hadn't had a look in until the break, the the old complacency set in after the break. They got one back, we had our left back sent off for a second yellow, and when their second went in I was getting very nervous. Cue Kasper Sorensen, one of our own youth products, coming off the bench to score his first for the club and relieve the pressure.

Winter break review

We had the worst possible start to this season. I don't know what it was, possibly complacency, but it was totally unacceptable. 7-1 is our record defeat and I was seriously considering packing it in and looking for another job. Fortunately the players obviously didn't want to be fined again and went on a superb run of form, the only black mark really being the defeat to Horsens.

However it has been a satisfactory first half to the season as we sit top of the league, albeit with a one point lead over Horsens and two point lead over Randers. As in the past the Promotion Push is a three horse race with the rest of the sides falling a fair distance behind us.

Of concern is the number of goals we are conceding. Far too many, especially late in the game. I have a feeling that eventually this may come back to haunt us.

For this to be a successful season I have a feeling the return games against Randers and Horsens are going to be key. It is imperative that we do not lose to either of these sides after the winter break. I can't say I'm that confident:(

Players

Mads Torry - I had always thought of him as a bench player, but his early season form kept record scorer Senoglu on the bench. He has kept it up so far and has scored a fantastic 15 league goals in 15 games

Olcay Senoglu - He has been one of my best players so far in my time at B93. Not this season though. No goals in the first half of the season is incredibly disappointing from my point of view. Well past the 30 mark now he may be moved on at the end of the season.

Jeppe Andersen - Has been with the club 7 years now and is still only 23. Has taken the position that Andresen played in before his departure and has been superb. 7 assists so far this season and it looks as if he is beginning to fulfill his potential.

Frederik Hammershoj - This guy is immense. Been with us since my first season and is only 29. Probably one of the best signings I have ever made on FM. Scores vital goals and dominates the midfield, getting the odd assist as well. Will nearly hit the 200 game mark for us by the end of the season.

Emil Dyre - Pretty much the grandaddy of the team this season, but continues to astound me. Has been racking up the assists from the right wing position, and although he gets knackered towards the end of matches (He's almost 32 now) still has an incredible engine. I may need a replacement for him next season, but on this form I think he still deserves his place in the squad.

Per Larsen - The 19 year old GK was a product of our youth system, but had a sabbatical with Frem after they poached him from our youth team. They released him and we pounced to snap him back up 2 seasons ago. He spent last season on loan at Vanlose, doing reasonably well, but was handed his debut after our horrific day 1 performance. Has been pretty solid at the back, although he has made one or two errors. Is now the clubs No 1.

Archived