Mistake lead to goal - do players recover?

cf

I'm interested in finding out what others have experienced with this. If a player makes an error that leads to a goal are they effectively a liability for the rest of the game or do they recover their performance? Both in terms of on-field performance and match rating.

Thankfully my experience is fairly limited though a recall one example where a player gave away two penalties in a game and I fully regret not subbing him after the first.

I have had some instances where a DC made a mistake and had a terrible rating at halftime but bounced back up to about 6.9 at full time so I guess players don't always remain shakey after their mistakes. The other way around is also true tho, sometimes it IS better to sub them.

Most of the time I found that they never recovered from it. sometimes they do a bit better and end up with a 6.5 or so.

But a few days ago one of my defenders made a mistake by giving away a penalty, then he seemed to have recovered later and his rating went up to nearly 7. But then towards the end of the match he let the striker be completely unmarked and conceded again.

Actually this defender gave away a penalty two games in a row for me :(

Archived