10.2 Patch Problems

Im using steam and its just updated the new patch 10.2 and once i launch the game up again it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

This is the menu screen, i'm also using a third party skin and can't get back to the screen to change it back to default. Would deleting their file help.

FMProblem.jpg

cheers in advance

I have found a solution in another thread which worked for me.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176712&page=4

Delete the settings folder:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

I'm having a big problem using stream. It downloaded the patch and now when I try to start the game it starts trying to download the patch again, but doesn't download anything and won't start the game. The stream page says downloading but nothing is getting downloaded. Anyone else had this issue?

i will re quote myself here is the fix

Attention please

If your using steam and having problems with the patch like the main screen messed up and other errors do this :

Step one Verify Game cache

How to :

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2010 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Step Two : Restart Steam

Step Tree Verify Game Cache again

it should download the damaged files

For some reason the patch is damaging the game files ,creating errors SI needs to look at this

I've tried this, didn't work. I've attempted to reinstall 3 times today, and other than the frustratingly slow download I still encounter the same problem. Is there any way you can stop stream from downloading and just play as is? It downloads the patch but for some reason starts attempting to download it again (I assuming it's trying to download the patch again, can't see it being anything else). Problem being is that it downloads to about 2% and then just stays there and doesn't download anything and I ccan't even start the game!

Archived