+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

Part-Timer

Default Re: New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

Mine is running fine. Since the patch I've had 5 games. And won 4-0 once, 3-1 twice, 2-0 once and 1-0 once. I also went on to tonk GH Acadamy 6-1 in preseason. I'm Notts Co if you're wondering at the end of season 1.

Little annoyed that Van der Vaart isn't transfer listed on the new database though, but that's cos he's reconciled with Real Madrid... gonna have to find someone else to buy now (not for Notts Co - started a network game with Aresnal).

Amateur

Default Re: New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

As a big complainer of 10.1, I stopped playing, since 10.2 I have barely stopped playing it, my biggest faults were the defending and long shot issues, now they are fixed the game is back to its former glory again, its more realistic and so much more fun, i'm still losing but at least my players are defending and making an effort, this game is back to brilliance.

I love the fact that the people having a go at people like me for complaining, are now complaining to SI, irony, thy name is you.

Amateur

If your struggling with Fitness try these tweaks to your tactics. See if it makes any difference, has for me.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177243

Third Team

I wish I had waited til the end of the season before patching tbf.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I wish I had waited til the end of the season before patching tbf.
    Why so Deisler?

After looking at the feedback I made the decision that I would patch this evening. However I am halfway through my first season with Newcastle and doing extremely well and dont want the same fate to fall upon me.

Part-timer

No matter what si do there not going to please everyone,people were complaing that there to many long shots in the game and it's been sorted but know there complaing off super goalkeepers saveing the long shots come on people are you never going to be satisfied.?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jameswibbs View Post
    No matter what si do there not going to please everyone,people were complaing that there to many long shots in the game and it's been sorted but know there complaing off super goalkeepers saveing the long shots come on people are you never going to be satisfied.?
    In all fairness james someone posted that about 30 posts ago!

And this thread is finding out users opinions on whether they prefer the new patch. Why try and antagonize people?
    Last edited by _Asprilla_; 18-12-2009 at 13:41.

Amateur

just one sentence : why couldn't SI make this 10.2 from the beginning.
    one thing I love most is : crossing is no more stupid like in 10.1 . In 10.1, my winger make 80% crossing hit opponent's player. Now in 10.2, 80% they can make a proper cross
    so far in my game (2 matches, both away)
    2-0 v.s Espanoyl
    4-0 v.s Villareal
    one on one works well
    corner works better than 10.1
    through ball more effective
    tackling improved
    passing : some new moves, lovely
    crossing : as it should be
    long shot : up to your instruction
    Last edited by saviola; 18-12-2009 at 14:54.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by _Asprilla_ View Post
    Why so Deisler?

After looking at the feedback I made the decision that I would patch this evening. However I am halfway through my first season with Newcastle and doing extremely well and dont want the same fate to fall upon me.
    This thread is the reason i patched and believe me what a great difference it makes.

Patched during the season by the way, if your tactics & players are right you can certainly score goals.
    Last edited by eddymunster; 18-12-2009 at 14:05.

Amateur

Not going to download the patch until I start a new game.

It took me ages to get my tactics right for 10.1 and now I could not be bothered to do it again for 10.2.

Amateur

i have had to just grit my teeth and start all over again as 10.1 was becoming a disaster for me personally, but have to tip my hat to SI for the changes in 10.2, what a difference The most realistic version of the game i have EVER played and am loving the difficulty of it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by eddymunster View Post
    This thread is the reason i patched and believe me what a great difference it makes.

Patched during the season by the way, if your tactics & players are right you can certainly score goals.
    Good man eddymunster - Im glad the thread has helped.....I know it is helping with my decision a lot.

People say, just patch it...........however if you are happy with the old patch then why bother? As the old saying goes 'if it aint broke, then dont fix it', and for me the game isnt currently broken.

However, your post has added some inspiration to me updating to the new patch..........cheers

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gooner83 View Post
    i have had to just grit my teeth and start all over again as 10.1 was becoming a disaster for me personally, but have to tip my hat to SI for the changes in 10.2, what a difference The most realistic version of the game i have EVER played and am loving the difficulty of it.
    Wow - quite a resounding yes from you! lol

Amateur

Patch tonight then you can come thank us for our advise tomorrow

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by eddymunster View Post
    Patch tonight then you can come thank us for our advise tomorrow
    Yeah, I better wait until I patch it to see what it is like before I thank you! lol

Amateur

The only major change I have noticed is the players fatigue dropping quicker but the rest is all an imporvement. The fatigue thing is more realistic I think. Overall I am impressed with the new patch and haven't had any problems with it. I would defiantly still install it.

Youth Team

No i wouldn't install it knowing what i know now.

I went from a perfectly smooth running game with no complaints, to a game with a considerably smaller db, laggy 3d match engine and delays of around 5 seconds when clicking player names in tactics screens.

I wouldn't touch it with a yours, let alone mine!

Maybe it will work for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by dking View Post

I went from a perfectly smooth running game with no complaints, to a game with a considerably smaller db, laggy 3d match engine and delays of around 5 seconds when clicking player names in tactics screens.

Have you tried deleting your settings folder?

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...1&postcount=30

Amateur

HOLEY MOLEY!

It is odd how it really does seem to be varying from user to user - the only way I will know for sure is by giving it a blast though I suppose!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    Have you tried deleting your settings folder?

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...1&postcount=30
    Yes i deleted the cache.

Settings folder and cache two different things?

Amateur

way way more realistic now. before i was wondering why should i make all my 3 subs sometimes, not i have a reason . Loving the new defenders and golies. Just promoted with Vauxhall to BSP, only had 2 games 0:0 and results looked more realistic than before. sure it needs more polishing, but im happy with the new patch

Yes i deleted the cache.

Settings folder and cache two different things?
    Yeah. I'd suggest giving it a shot and letting us know. Cheers.

Youth Team

Just tried it, and no change.

Thought i should mention, I have new gpu's installed, with probably twice the power of my old gpu's. Every other game works like a charm with them so I'm pretty certain it isn't my new cards.

Yes i have all the latest drivers installed.

Is there a known issue with any gpu's?
    Last edited by dking; 18-12-2009 at 15:12.

Not as far as we're aware. As said though, we're aware of a random issue affecting some users - we're looking into this. What are you system specs?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by _Asprilla_ View Post
    Why so Deisler?

Because I was top of the league with Albacete, with 3 formations that were usable. After patching, I lost 4 straight and drew two. Clearly the ME has changed for the better, but my old formations that were set up to deal with the 10.1 ME are useless now, so I have to go through tweaking and changing and possibly miss out of promotion.

Youth Team

Not as far as we're aware. As said though, we're aware of a random issue affecting some users - we're looking into this. What are you system specs?
    Intel core 2duo e6850 processor
    2gb DDR2 PC6400 ram
    Duel GTS250 1mb gpu's
    Vista 32

Running at a decent temp of around 40/50 for the gpu's and cpu, so there is no over heating, and as i said before al other games are running very well.

I was running duel 8800gtx's before with no problems at all.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Because I was top of the league with Albacete, with 3 formations that were usable. After patching, I lost 4 straight and drew two. Clearly the ME has changed for the better, but my old formations that were set up to deal with the 10.1 ME are useless now, so I have to go through tweaking and changing and possibly miss out of promotion.
    I don't change the way that I approach the tactical side of the game from version to version. I believe that tactics setup with good footballing sense will always work out well in the match engine. Perhaps it's time for you to start looking at the way that you play the game?

C.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The Miner View Post
    Seems to be player specific which I guess is tied in to their stamina? Stamina use to be one of the first stats I ever put in when searching; no probs with going back to that.

As for the goals, the previous month to patching my scores were 2-2, 5-2, 3-2, 3-2, 3-2 - no matter how I defended I seemed to let in two, but always managed to score (I'm second in league one) - since the patch I had 2-1, 4-2, 0-1, 1-1 and 1-2 (slightly more realistic methinks - the 4-2 was in the cup against a BSQ team when I had to stick in a few U19s to rest the squad; on the plus side one of them scored a hat trick.. )

I'm happy with it - going to start again tho - my 4-1-3-2 seemd less effective than 4-4-2, but I prefer playing the traditional way anyway

TM
    Hmm, I'm quoting myself, how pretentious.... thought an update was on the cards

I didn't start again, and in fact stuck with 4132. I have not really noticed a drop in goals (drew 2 in a row 2-2, then lost 2-3) - I did go thru a period of dominating games and drawing or losing which was getting very frustrating, but I've put it down to a dodgy keeper and my best defender losing it (both are on to pastures new for a tidy profit) - next game I won 3-1 away.

Although my team went from second to eightth in six games, I don't think it was the patch's fault - I'm still happy I patched!!

Amateur

Well it seems instead of a player having a clear 1 on 1 with the goalie and trying to dribble past they are now shooting from 30 out so maybe its better. Definitely more laggy than before though.

Amateur

I can't imagine it being very fun to play a game where it's impossible to get the sack. In my games, if I get the sack, that almost makes the game more fun. It makes the success so much more satisfying.

Amateur

10.2 patch has improved the game considerably imo.

Part-Timer

Hi

My two-penneth worth. I downloaded the patch, then panic set in as I found it harder then understanding dawned on me re how it works, now joy.

It's a harder challenge but definately better (imo).

K..
    Last edited by Kazza; 18-12-2009 at 16:53.

Third Team

Simple answer. Yes.
    Agree with those that say its different but more challenging. Enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

Amateur

well, after installing new patch 10.2, i notice about this laggy. While playing a match, 3D mode, go to tactic screen, click on to a player to make sub or change role, the game will be freezed for few seconds. This happen for the first click on every time you go from match screen to tactic screen.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by saviola View Post
    just one sentence : why couldn't SI make this 10.2 from the beginning.
    one thing I love most is : crossing is no more stupid like in 10.1 . In 10.1, my winger make 80% crossing hit opponent's player. Now in 10.2, 80% they can make a proper cross
    so far in my game (2 matches, both away)
    2-0 v.s Espanoyl
    4-0 v.s Villareal
    one on one works well
    corner works better than 10.1
    through ball more effective
    tackling improved
    passing : some new moves, lovely
    crossing : as it should be
    long shot : up to your instruction
    for any one said that more challenge, i can only say ... same with 10.1 or even easier if you find the right tactic. With few tweak for new players just bought in, my game run as
    2-0 won Esp (A)
    4-0 won Villareal (A)
    3-0 won Shalke (H)
    4-1 won Tenerife (H)
    3-0 won Malaga (A)
    4-0 won Recreativo (H)
    6-0 won Juventus (A)
    so have played 7 matches, conceded 1. couldn't do this in last 3 season with 10.1
    now R.Madrid play as I want with lovely passing, smart through ball, slot the ball in one on one

Semi Pro
    Drowning myself in a pint after England let me down again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    Look, unless you are someone who deep down wants a "win" button on the match screen, I recommend you download and install 10.2, because its an improvement overall.

Cheers,
    Paul

So your "out the box" version was easy? And you knew it?

Amateur

I've only played a handful of games. Have to say that I'm getting at least one knock/injury a game which is a little annoying. The fitness thing is good because it will FORCE me to make subs as I normally dont like to make them, although could be tweaked down just a tad. I was most looking forward to better regens as all the PL teams are gobbling up all the 'decent' ones. Just annoyed that I have to start my game again as I'm at the piont where there are no regens worth having and I cant be bothered to wait a season/ two seasons before signing anyone of decent ability I hope starting a new save will really prove how good the patch is.

Youth Team

So, any other suggestions? or am i quitting the game? because i cant play it like it is.
    Last edited by dking; 18-12-2009 at 21:46.

Part-timer

Player fatigue is now a real tactical consideration - you cant press and close down the entire match and expect the players to have anything left in the tank come full time. Even with 3 subs, half the team ends matches at 69% and will always struggle in the weekend fixture if they played in the ECL mid week. This works ok if you are a top team who uses a slow control based tactic most of the time, but everyone else will struggle like buggery with fitness.

There's an annoying bug in the OI screen where you get 30 seconds of lag when selecting individual players to change their OI.
    Also interface lag on team selection screens on match days is back with a vengeance which has personally really started to bloody grate on my nerves.

They keep jiggering about with the match engine too and frankly the new one makes scoring harder. Which is a good thing imho.

Overall, despite the above, the new patch is the best yet. Definitely recommend it. Just remember your long shots/one v one based tactics wont be nearly so effective now.

Last edited by Les Girondins; 18-12-2009 at 21:53.

Amateur

ME engine is much better, smooth looking attack and defense looks pretty good too, I would recommend installing the patch for everyone.

Amateur

Yes id install it.
    Only wierd thing is appearance bonus demands. But that might be a coinsidence.

Amateur

Can anyone from SI confirm they have tweaked one on ones. Cos for me the game seems better and for that i praise your good work.

However, the one issue i do have is that when im going through 1 V 1 with the keeper or a real clear cut chance... i just cannot score. I have decent strikers, finishing and composure above 17... but it seems like these keepers are just sooo hard to beat. Average keepers are now as as good as Casillas it seems and when i played Real Madrid & Casillas 2 games ago.. well... god exists in the form of Iker Casillas.

Jon

Its possible keepers are a little too good on one on ones. Its 100% something we will assess for 10.3, but at the same time there are people reporting improved one on one conversion rates so we need to be careful.

Amateur

Thanks for the reply PaulC. Have you guys even started talking about a deadline for for 10.3 ? I understand that so soon after 10.2 and with christmas and new year its hard to commit or tell us specifics. But have you discussed having 10.3 by a certain time / period at the latest?

Jon

Amateur

I've found 10.2 to be brilliant, except for one thing, i've already posted this in the bugs forum and wanted to know if anyone else is getting this.

I can't send loaned players back to their clubs and there are reports of loaned players not returning to their parent clubs when the loan ends, anyone else noticed this?

Amateur

I wouldn't have installed it if I could have known of this. Currently looking into ways of fixing it.

No date set for 10.3, but expect it sometime after the next transfer window closes, as per usual.

Semi Pro

In answer to the original question, yes. The game is finaly playable for me.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I don't change the way that I approach the tactical side of the game from version to version. I believe that tactics setup with good footballing sense will always work out well in the match engine. Perhaps it's time for you to start looking at the way that you play the game?

C.
    Oh, totally. It may have sounded more whiney than it should have been!

Will use the close season to work something out.

Amateur

Installed the patch but now am struggling to score and there is nothing i can do. My team creates a number of chances but my stupid strikers miss clear chances. I dont know why SI take notice of stats rather than use common sense. If a world class striker is clear on goal then most of the time he scores. If his finishing is to be dependent upon stats, then what is the use of attributes?

Some of the users have no problems with the new patch...congrats to them (no sarcasm intended) but there are some of us who are having trouble making the strikers convert their chances.

If SI really do need to temper the goals to a realistic number, then they should make the defenders more intelligent rather than making strikers stupid. I thought the finishing in 9.3 patch was near perfect...strikers did not score from every chance they got but you could see clear difference between good and very good strikers...now i am finding that both Jo and Torres convert the same amount of chances

Will be uninstalling the patch now hope that the problem is fixed for 10.3

Its possible keepers are a little too good on one on ones. Its 100% something we will assess for 10.3, but at the same time there are people reporting improved one on one conversion rates so we need to be careful.

Banned

what do i do when i have the patch downloaded? where do i put it. i go to start a new game and it still says version 10.1

First Team Squad Member

You run the file you download and it will update the game for you.

C.

Banned

thank you crouchy

Amateur

This patch has actually killed my game. After playing for a while I realized I was going have to micro-manage and watch the whole match, which I don't typically do, but was willing. The 3d which worked splendidly on 10.1 with key only, is jittery, slow, unresponsive. There have been a few cases where I'll click to make an shout or something similar and the game will freeze for a minute or so and come back with me 2-0 down 35 minutes later. I really can't play it. I still get a 5star 3d rating.

To top it off can't take my brilliant save back to 10.1.

First Team Squad Member

Try 2D classic teej9?

First Team Squad Member
    Is finding it difficult to settle in the new forum. Is homesick. Is Unsettled.

Started a new game with the patch.

Still long range punts galore flying in - world class strikers are useless at one on ones (actually helps my blackburn team out! ), still in my new season there are far too many goals, no one is getting any clean sheets for the same reasons as before - strange late penalties, late free kicks/corners etc going in.

Really disappointed. FM10 was probably the last chance for me to rekindle my interest in the game, but I honestly think it's just become far too much of a simulation.

It takes an absolute age if you want to do everything right. After 4 hours I had played 6 league games. Massive turn off for me.

The patch has the made the game less responsive for me. 10.1 slowed the out of the box version down, now 10.2 has slowed 10.1 down too. I get random freezes when trying to change player roles in the tactics screen. Yes i've deleted the settings and cache. Doesn't help.

Processing time seems to have improved, but the match day lag has come back with a vengeance.

threading still does not work properly - this game was supposed to be polished, yet one of the fundamental features required to make a large game work efficiently has been broken since FM05 or whenever it was first introduced.

If I look at the game status page, I can see that one core of my CPU is between 90% - 100% whenever processing occurs - the other one is barely doing anything. I can only imagine how frustratingly slow it must be on some quad core machines.
    Last edited by Wakers; 19-12-2009 at 20:10.

Part-timer

The jury's still out for me.

Defending has significantly improved, but it's still hardly perfect. Long shots have been toned down, but I still feel that there are too many, and I'm sick and tired of seeing my players smash free kicks hopelessly over the bar from about 40 yards. And now we have the delight that players like to pass the ball straight into the hands of the keeper when one on one.

Fitness isn't something thats bothering me, but to really be able to test the full effects of that, I'll need to be managing a lower league team anyway and not a team where I have two good players in each position and several very good youth players if need be.

I know it's always recommended that you start a new game with the new patch, but what are other users opinions on this? The tactic I use for my Liverpool side has gone from being able to tear pretty much any team apart to being almost useless and has got me thinking it might just be worth starting again from scratch.

Amateur

What you should do is make the defenders defend once again. ****** strikers are scoring loads of goals because defenders read the game so badly.

And back to the topic: I don't really know. The match engine is still scheit. Far far too much space, passing pinpointed, crosses pinpointed, defensive players misjudging balls, loads of clear-cut chances etc... All about attacking. Defending hasn't been an option for longlong time, only the good keepers and poor finishing prevent teams scoring 5 goals per game.

Yeah and I can't even start a new game because the game freezes immediately when browsing player profiles.

Way to go SI you made; the worst FM I've ever played. Hopely you don't make it even worse in next patch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Wakers View Post
    It takes an absolute age if you want to do everything right. After 4 hours I had played 6 league games. Massive turn off for me.
    Agreed. Trying to play on commentary only or even key highlights is impossible. Playing on commentary you could formerly make adjustments based on stats (possession, pass completion etc) but now none of that matters. You dominate a whole match carve the oppo up the entire 90 to lose 2-0. You have to outshoot the AI 3 to 1 in order to even get close to them in goals scored.

Maybe there should be an added touchline shout called "Don't hit it straight at the keeper you f*ckhead"

I also see the exact same defensive issues with the exception that now I cannot stop it. Laser through balls, tons of space, one 35 yard goal a match...the list goes on. No matter what the instructions my players will never close, mark tightly, or try for that matter.

Maybe I just get worse the closer the engine gets to real-life. I have no problem with the developers/development, the game has just evolved past me.

That said, I hope everyone keeps on enjoying the game and thank you to SI for their presence in the forums. Maybe I'll head back to 10.1 but I'll probably just put it away for a while.
    Last edited by teej9; 19-12-2009 at 23:39.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by teej9 View Post
    Sad, right?
    It is sad. I bet that defenders like Terry, Vidic and Agger would like to see SI in court if they saw the match engine. The match engine is almost a slander for all the great defenders in world.

But strikers would surely like this game as anyone can score goals in this game.

In Finland we've started calling the game The Icehockey manager because the match engine reminds more hockey than football.

Yet the teams with the best players still tend to be at the right end of the table when you run a season through the ME.

Its so simple. If you dont like it, go and do something else - its your time. We are trying to simulate a real football match, kick by kick, tackle by tackle. Its inevitable it might not quite live up to the real thing. But its not for lack of trying, and there are plenty who get great amounts of enjoyment from it!

Amateur

Yet the teams with the best players still tend to be at the right end of the table when you run a season through the ME.

Its so simple. If you dont like it, go and do something else - its your time. We are trying to simulate a real football match, kick by kick, tackle by tackle. Its inevitable it might not quite live up to the real thing. But its not for lack of trying, and there are plenty who get great amounts of enjoyment from it!
    Oh I know you guys have done a great job. I meant what I said about the fact that I'm in the minority, and I'm thrilled that the changes have made the game wonderful for the majority. That was just my feedback from my game. I comment on no other save game/experience.

And I went back to 10.1, and I still love it!

Youth Team

I am on 10.2 but haven't started a new game as I am wrapped up in trying to make Crewe invincible. I haven't had any problems, nor did I really have any with 10.1. Players get fatigued more, sure and a bit more injured. That's just because it's more realistic and I always forget to change the pace of the game to suit.

I tend to play quick pacey attacking football which tires players out quickly, you just can't keep doing that every game and expect your players to live, especially with hard tackling. I normally try to at least slow the game down to a crawl for 20 minutes or so in a game so the players can catch their breath and help with their fatigue, but sometimes you get caught up in the game and before you know it the final whistle goes and your players are knackered just before an important midweek game against Leicester.

Semi Pro

No i wouldn't. Far too many injuries now. Quiting until it gets fixed.

If it ever does....

Amateur

I have to say Im very disappointed with 10.2. Had a good career game with Ipswich (only losing once in 6 months) . Then I play Leicester City, My defenders are now stationery and didnt move to close down Matty fratt who dribbled through all my non moving defenders and scored. The SuperGoalie is back as all my efforts (18 of them, 11 on target were saved ) then get beaten by three 35 yd strikes !!!!!
    Wish I could go back to 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by BamBamBam View Post

If it ever does....
    There is no injury or fitness problem in our opinion, so there is nothing to fix.

Sorry!

Amateur

I LOVE THE PATCH overall !!! the match engine gets better and better and this is the most important aspect of the game IMHO

Pros:
    + VAST Improvements in match engine (you can now actually defend !!!). I had to abandon my game before 10.2 was released because of the frustration this caused.
    + You can now actually sell players although the sell/buy value gap still frustrates me (Second most importand thing in the game)
    + Improvements in backroom advice (Could still be improved though. I find it very annoying when players who are delighted to be tutored or teach fight and hate each other way too often without a previous indication)

Cons
    - Strikers lose way to many one on ones (dont know if this means keeper or useless striker)
    - User Interface responsiveness (minor annoyance. I run win7)
    - Players losing a massive amount of Fitness during match (if this happens because of injury it could be labeled corectly with a green crossed icon)

Reserves

Started a new game with Liverpool and thought I was doing really well. Think it's more the patch than me though:

- I've conceded one goal in 15 PL games. Indeed, the only 'Super Goalie' is Pepe Reina. He has saved every single one on one. Can't be realistic.
    - I have the white albino players. On the plus side, the 3D does run smoother
    - Silly amount of 1-0 wins. Again I'd like to think it's me, I suspect it isn't though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWesthead View Post
    Started a new game with Liverpool and thought I was doing really well. Think it's more the patch than me though:

- I've conceded one goal in 15 PL games. Indeed, the only 'Super Goalie' is Pepe Reina. He has saved every single one on one. Can't be realistic.
    - I have the white albino players. On the plus side, the 3D does run smoother
    - Silly amount of 1-0 wins. Again I'd like to think it's me, I suspect it isn't though.
    Goals/game is spot on actually. 1 goal in 15 PL games? You must have an excellent player/tactic combo. Enjoy it while you can. I love winning 1-0, but with my Dortmund team in more than 10 games I have yet to finish one game 1-0.

Amateur

its different, a lot harder, a lot more like the real thing. i think its a lot better when you really get into it as well.

Amateur

Def 2 sides to the patch. My save game with Spurs has been fine since the patch except i lost comm sheld on pens and it told me i had won (Really, this still isnt sorted!). Tactically my games fine but i play a simply formation and my players are all superstars so should play well anywhere, And finally no more 6-5s with Man U and Barcelona. Yes there are more red and yellow cards but that is to be expected with more tackles. Also glad to have my shortlist back. My Brother on the other hand is Napoli, with some good players and on a bit of a run before patch, have forgotten how to play football. It seems his fine tuned formation dosnt work well at all anymore. So while im still playin my save game with no real drops or rise in form, my brothers pullin his pubes out and may uninstall/reinstall or start a new one.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

If it ever does....
    IRL teams are always using players with minor injuries, I've always found in FM you never have to do that. It's seen as normal to have a team as 100% fit for most games, 95% at worse.

I think this issue is more down to the amount of injuries people think is realistic, rather than there being an 'injury bug'.

Amateur

Thank god you acknowledge that the keepers are too good.They have the best avr rating in my save!!The problem is that with my tactics i get around 4-7 CC depending of the opposition and all of my 3 strikers Tevez Robinho and Adebayor miss all of the one on ones.90% of all goals scored by me or the AI come from crosses,either a header or a voley or mix up in the box in the ME the goals are scored mostly from crosses.In my latest game away to a League 2 side their goalkeeper saved 5 one on ones!!!!And why the strikers when one on one with keeper always shoot at him!!!Are they that stupid!! This may seem as a rant but it isnt i just want the game to be perfect after the 3 patch.

Semi Pro

There is no injury or fitness problem in our opinion, so there is nothing to fix.

Sorry!
    I've seen a marked increase in injuries and it's ruined the game.

If you think it hasn't increased, then you must have missed something, and if it isn't getting fixed then I,ve stopped playing and will not be buying the next version.

It's completely spolit the enjoyment of the game.

Sorry!

Youth Team

If you think it hasn't increased, then you must have missed something, and if it isn't getting fixed then I,ve stopped playing and will not be buying the next version.

Sorry!
    What sort of tactic do you play? Do you play high tempo all 90 minutes?
    What sort of training do you have? Is it quite intensive?

Amateur

I must say, I downloaded this patch midway into a career game and have noticed a big change. One thing that really impressed me is the fact that some regens who come through now are actually at a level to play Championship football, or even Premiership. This used to be one of the things that annoyed me, but it is fixed, so long-term gamers, give it a go

Well done SI
    Last edited by Dinaldo; 20-12-2009 at 17:04.

Sorry!
    That's your perogative, hope you have a rethink though

Amateur

I've sold Faubert at age 32, playing 5 games last 2 seasons, fot 10ml. The offers were equal, from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Fiorentina. He signed for Fiorentina.

This is just an example. U can now sell any crappy player to a good club.

About fitness, I think it's more realistic now.

Amateur

Nope i'd get rid of it if i could. I might uninstall and reinstall again.

Amateur

i have just downloaded the patch into my download folder, i then double clicked it to start the application and all it does is start football manager. i then tried to start a new game and its still on the 10.0 version, any ideas how to incorporate it into my game??

First Team Squad Member

That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you have downloaded the patch?

Start from scratch is the best advice I can give you. Download it again.

C.

Amateur

I'm buying the game tomorrow, eventually and after reading through this thread I'm guessing that 10.1 is the patch to go for?

First Team Squad Member

No, I'd ignore most of this thread if I were you Saint Matty.

It's all a lot of fuss about nothing if you ask me. Patch 10.2 is the way to go.

No point in playing with an old patch, surely?

C.

Amateur

Angry Re: New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

Quote Originally Posted by flashback790 View Post
    I've found 10.2 to be brilliant, except for one thing, i've already posted this in the bugs forum and wanted to know if anyone else is getting this.

I can't send loaned players back to their clubs and there are reports of loaned players not returning to their parent clubs when the loan ends, anyone else noticed this?
    I also have loan players, not able to return to their parent club, even though the season end.
    Even the loan players salary is pay by the parent club.

Anyone got any solution, to get the loan player back to the parent club?

Amateur

I don't know how many people have created this sort of thread but my answer still remains the same..i prefer 10.2

Amateur

I can't say i am satisfied with the patch, but like the versions of the game, I am up2date and never look back. Thats how I do it. The greater the patch, the more frequent I will play the game. Right now it's too soon to give a fair verdict for me.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty View Post
    I'm buying the game tomorrow, eventually and after reading through this thread I'm guessing that 10.1 is the patch to go for?
    Yeah. Get 10.1 if you can. 10.2 has stopped a career game for me.

Semi Pro

That's your perogative, hope you have a rethink though
    Ain't happening.

Was playing the game whenever i could.

After the patch, i haven't looked at it and don't plan to.

Ruined.

Sorry Paul.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty View Post
    No - 10.2 is the current and best patch, no point experiencing issues the developers have already fixed is there??

Banned

Ok, this is it. 10.2 is going out of the window.

As Liverpool i played three games against Man Utd, reloaded everythime. Why? I got injuries on my key players every DAMNED time. In last game it was Gerrard with 3 months(Benyaun 2 weeks and Torres in same game) . In the reload before, it was Torres 3 weeks. I have never reloeded games before, but these endless injuries forces me to and NO i dont play with pressing game or high tempo...

There is a serious INJURY BUG in this patch and it makes the game unplayable AFAIK.

So when is 10.3 out?

Semi Pro

Ain't happening.

Was playing the game whenever i could.

After the patch, i haven't looked at it and don't plan to.

Ruined.

Sorry Paul.
    can I ask why?

Amateur

Still crash dumps.
    And let me say I have Avira+MalwareBytes.
    Both toggled OFF.
    While playing some errors about those software (memory things) came out, like if FM has interferred with their allocation.
    So I have to remove the relative services to be able to play more safely.

First Team Squad Member

Something wrong with your system Da Funk. I have both Avira and MalwareBytes on my desktop and FM10 runs ok. Not great mind, but it doesn't crash.

Amateur

Something wrong with your system Da Funk. I have both Avira and MalwareBytes on my desktop and FM10 runs ok. Not great mind, but it doesn't crash.
    Well, when I played FM10 first time, so early november, I had crash dumps (that I never had in my whole life) even if I didn't had any antivirus or related software on my pc (I'm not crazy it's just that on that pc I don't have internet connection)
    So I had problem even without those software I named.
    I just point out what kind of behaviour in these crashes I (still) have. All related to kernel32.dll.
    Nice to see it works okay with you. I still think it's related to the hardware we have, like chipset on board or similar.
    Anyhow I repeat myself, never had ANY problem with FM before 2010 edition.

One another thing: I don't use explorer.exe as shell, if it can be useful.

Edit: I have to add absolutely. Just an impression but I had to go through many crashes before ending the season. And in summer offseason game seemed to go on perfectly.
    Last edited by Da_Funk; 21-12-2009 at 13:51.

First Team Squad Member

That might have something to do with it. You're using an explorer replacement I guess?

Have you tried it with explorer.exe?

That being said, there are plenty of people who have crash dumps - Seeing as you don't have an internet connection that PC, I'm taking a slight guess that all of your drivers/java/windows update/direct x might be a bit behind?

Part-Timer

BamBamBam looking for attention again.

New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???
    Absolutely.

Amateur

That might have something to do with it. You're using an explorer replacement I guess?

Have you tried it with explorer.exe?
    I use bblean instead of explorer, and I tried to play FM start with less than 200 MB ram allocated on memory (so every useless thing off).
    Need to try tonight (I have no hope ) but I wonder why should FM09 run ok and FM10 not

DirectX are updated, otherwise I can't run the game
    My pc, even if hw is outdate, has sw updates often (Java, Flash and similar).

First Team Squad Member

Yea I think SI struggle with hardware compatibility. We've seen the problem they have with Macs, even ones that are supported.

FM09 didn't run great on my desktop (random freezes) despite it being well above even recommended specs. 10.2 doesn't run properly at all - it's a lot slower, I get small freezes switching between player roles on the tactics screen and the UI gradually gets less and less responsive the further into a season (or the longer the game has been running, one of the two) you get.

So yea, they have some issues (long standing ones imo) that they need to sort out with hardware.

And yes, someone will say that they test on a wide range of machines I'm sure, but there are developers out there that do a lot better at ensuring hardware compatibility. It's a general failing of the games industry - there was a major game released recently, I believe it was Saboteur, that didn't work at all with ATi hardware.

Amateur

FM09 didn't run great on my desktop (random freezes) despite it being well above even recommended specs. 10.2 doesn't run properly at all - it's a lot slower, I get small freezes switching between player roles on the tactics screen and the UI gradually gets less and less responsive the further into a season (or the longer the game has been running, one of the two) you get.
    Funny, I find the UI more responsive From this point of view I find this patch useful.
    Only HUGE problem in tactic screen: there are letters over the players in the right pitch (defend, support, attack from what I understand).
    After some clicks they're all mess up around the pitch.
    They're not in random position, seems like they're traslated over the pitch.

And I find in this patch some mess up in the transfer system. Teams like Juventus buying Viudez for more 4 milions and stuff like that.

First Team Squad Member

Yea - I started a new game with Blackburn shortly after the patch was released. I managed to sell Jason Roberts for £5 million and Kalinic for £12 million.

Before the patch though I couldn't sell the same players for free, so they've yet to get the balance right with that too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast