New patch 10.2 - would you install it again given what you now know???

I am yet to download the 10.2 patch as I wanted to look at some feedback before I took the plunge.

It appears that there are very much mixed views on the patch, and it seems to have caused a few issues with some users.

I am happily enjoying my game on the old patch so I have mixed emotions about updating the patch.

What is your view? Would you download it or leave it for a while?

:confused:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't install it. It's terrible for continuing a game you already have, it's completely different. Also once you play a game on 10.2 you can't open it in 10.1. Just awful, fixed a few bugs and created some that have affected my game more than the old ones. Can't score, most games end 0-0, most players are injured and those that aren't have about 65% fitness.

Keep in mind I haven't started a new game, it has just soured my old save.

I'm at work at the moment, and so I was initially pleased to see 10.2 released and happy to see some of the alternations made.

No offence intended, but until there are a mass amount of people describing the same issue then I'll install the patch and give it a go myself. As always, I will wait a few days before I do this while I monitor the feedback given. At the moment it seems quite mixed, as you say.

Some people have had problems, others are running the best ever version of the game.

I had a lot of crashes before the patch, but they have gone away. Conversely, people who never had a crash are plagued by them now.

I've read an awful lot of people who have 3rd party changes to their game (skins, facepack, FMRTE changes, etc) have had the biggest issues, so switching back to the default settings before installing the patch, then starting the game again to check it works is probably the best bet in this situation. Once it's running smoothly you can make your changes again.

But generally, working properly, I much prefer this match engine overall - the major issues seem to be fixed, so if it works I suspect most will be very happy with it.

And if you download via Steam, make sure you download the correct patch. There's one for the digital downloaded game and one for the boxed version. Get the wrong one and this is a big problem.

If you have steam dont do anything, dont download anything. Steam will do that for you.

If you download anything your game will break and puppies will die!

Just do what you want tbh coz there was ABSOLUTLELY NO CHANCE of evrybody finding the patch helpful as it is plainly obvious that theres no way ever to please everybody. If you want the patch download it, if you dont, then leave it. The biggest thing i have noticed tho is about the fatigue of players but i much prefer that than having a 30 yard screamer go past my keeper as i can just substitute the fatigued player or slow my play down so the patch is good for me.

its been working fine for me, ive yet to have a game finish 0-0 or have any fitness worries.

It seems odd that some users are suffering terribly with fitness issues and others arent.

Almost seems like this is user specific, which surely cant be the case?! :confused:

but my game status screen says the database is 10.2.0 so thats why im confused

As far as i am aware it fixes gameplay & ME bugs without starting a new game however database changes won't take effect.

For instance dean ashton won't suddenly disappear or anythin like that without restarting your save.

Yea, it's a tough one, seeing as you can now actually sell players and the home-grown bug is fixed, but on the other side of the coin the player condition drop in matches has been drastically increased, I think i prefer 10.1.

Don't install it. It's terrible for continuing a game you already have, it's completely different. Also once you play a game on 10.2 you can't open it in 10.1. Just awful, fixed a few bugs and created some that have affected my game more than the old ones. Can't score, most games end 0-0, most players are injured and those that aren't have about 65% fitness.

Keep in mind I haven't started a new game, it has just soured my old save.

Yea, it\'s a tough one, seeing as you can now actually sell players and the home-grown bug is fixed, but on the other side of the coin the player condition drop in matches has been drastically increased, I think i prefer 10.1.

Has anyone from SI confirmed or denied the fitness issue?

I'm playing it straight out of the box as the first patch slowed my game down for some reason. Having taken a quick look at the patch 2 thread i'm quite happy to continue as I am.

Hmmm. Actually, I was very happy with the demo. I've only played the game-proper with the first patch. Are there any gamebreakering bugs unpatched?

I'm also happy enough with patch 1. A bit slow and the odd match engine graphics jitter. I haven't noticed any gamebreakers as with old versions before the final patch. Unless those times where I jump around swearing the AI is cheating me aren't just me being paranoid and the AI REALLY IS cheating me!??

Yea, it's a tough one, seeing as you can now actually sell players and the home-grown bug is fixed, but on the other side of the coin the player condition drop in matches has been drastically increased, I think i prefer 10.1.

This is such a dilemma!

Some fixes are major improvements but there also seem to be serious problems to go with them.

On the balance of what i've read so far i don't think i will download this patch.:(

I am playing the new patch i would say so far recommended :-). Game Plays smoother in 3d for me also the defence are doing what ive asked of them. Results are more realistic now, Young players training better. I am very pleased so yes I would load it

Could you expand on 'young players training better'?

I am trying to decide weather i want to download and would like to hear the opinions of someone that likes the new patch.

How are you finding your results compared to the old patch, better, worse or similar?

Is it more difficult to score goals?

Cheers in advance. :)

• Administrators

Player condition has been made more realistic - there are more tackles flying in in game (which people were saying had to happen) and with it has come a more reasonable number of injuries. Players are recovering in time for the next fixture. I would very much suggest running and installing the patch. I honestly don't believe there are 'serious issues' with this patch, I'm running it from my 'home' game and have found it much improved on the previous version.

Player condition has been made more realistic - there are more tackles flying in in game (which people were saying had to happen) and with it has come a more reasonable number of injuries. Players are recovering in time for the next fixture. I would very much suggest running and installing the patch. I honestly don't believe there are 'serious issues' with this patch, I'm running it from my 'home' game and have found it much improved on the previous version.

ok what about the supergoalies eh?

Definitely worth downloading the new Patch. Improves the game and i've not had any problems with Injuries.

Also the drop in stamina is good as on the previous patch i hardly had to rotate my squad as everyone was always fully fit. Makes it more realistic to use your squad more.

All in all a very good improvement.

I'm happy this far.

I had the damn crash problem before so i installed this patch asap.

Three match played (i continued my saved game) and i won 2-3 and 1-2 and draw an home game 1-1, so no problem with 0-0s.

Also i think that the condition of my players go down during the match more or less the same as before.

About supergoalie i have to admit that i see many incredible saves, but both for me and my opponent.

ok iam a stickler for mangers being hired and fired and whatever and soon as i load the game up on 10.2 every nation is hiring u20 managers england hire Indonesia manager peter white is anyone else fidning this please anyone just one person tell me ha

That will be because is wasn't working previously so every youth international job that had become vacant throughout your game woudl suddenly get filled up. :)

Seems to be player specific which I guess is tied in to their stamina? Stamina use to be one of the first stats I ever put in when searching; no probs with going back to that.

As for the goals, the previous month to patching my scores were 2-2, 5-2, 3-2, 3-2, 3-2 - no matter how I defended I seemed to let in two, but always managed to score (I'm second in league one) - since the patch I had 2-1, 4-2, 0-1, 1-1 and 1-2 (slightly more realistic methinks - the 4-2 was in the cup against a BSQ team when I had to stick in a few U19s to rest the squad; on the plus side one of them scored a hat trick.. :))

I'm happy with it - going to start again tho - my 4-1-3-2 seemd less effective than 4-4-2, but I prefer playing the traditional way anyway

TM

Ok, I shall take your advise and download tonight. Cheers. :thup:

Dunno about the "supergoalies". First game after the patch I won 7:2 with Everton at home against ManUtd. 4 goals by Yakubu, 2 by Cahill and Pienaar added one as well. 5 goals were from open play, one penalty and one after a corner. Foster was in goal for ManUtd.

This is anecdotical evidence only obviously, but you most definitely can score in 10.2. I'll see how the next matches go...

Player condition has been made more realistic - there are more tackles flying in in game (which people were saying had to happen) and with it has come a more reasonable number of injuries. Players are recovering in time for the next fixture. I would very much suggest running and installing the patch. I honestly don\'t believe there are \'serious issues\' with this patch, I\'m running it from my \'home\' game and have found it much improved on the previous version.

Thanks for the response Neil.

I understand the player condition dropping a little better now. You have mentioned more tackles in game, however would you and others say that the injury to tackle ratio is a fair one?

as i have said further up... never in a million years was this patch or any other patch make evry single person happy. Moaning seems to be alot easier than actually praising what ppl are happy with.

There's a saying about this. You'll never please everyone. SI have released a patch and dealt with the long shot bug and now people say there are super goalies. Well I'm halfway through my first full season with the patch and haven't seen a super goalie anywhere

Yeah we've put supergoalies in. If they keep five clean sheets in a row, a small animation of the keepers flying whilst wearing a cape appear. ;)

Good answer Neil hehe, He obviously wants to go back as posted to defendersthat dont defend. He probably was playing Man U with Van der Sar in Goal when he went through his record of clean sheets hehe. Good Work SI very pleased

No. The game runs much slower, hangs up randomly, it is even harder to score (one-on-one bug was not assessed), insane amounts of cards and injuries in my first games (had not been sent off for whole seasons and then after 3 matches two red cards for me).

• SI Staff

Look, unless you are someone who deep down wants a "win" button on the match screen, I recommend you download and install 10.2, because its an improvement overall.

Cheers,

Paul

Look, unless you are someone who deep down wants a \\\"win\\\" button on the match screen, I recommend you download and install 10.2, because its an improvement overall.

Cheers,

Paul

I wouldnt say that was overly constructive, but thanks anyway Paul.

*looking through the FM10 manual to find the win button that PaulC mentioned*

I'm scoring more on the new version. Poss because I was playing quite conservatively before to counter the well known issues. So there's no super goalie problem. Your old winning tactic will probably need tweaking, as is the case with all patches I've experienced.

Injuries come ina bit of a flurrry at first but soon calm down. Numbers are realistic.

And conditioning too is ok. If you have a 6-7 day gap it's fine. If it's 3-4 days give your players a day off. Been fine for me.

I\'m scoring more on the new version. Poss because I was playing quite conservatively before to counter the well known issues. So there\'s no super goalie problem. Your old winning tactic will probably need tweaking, as is the case with all patches I\'ve experienced.

Injuries come ina bit of a flurrry at first but soon calm down. Numbers are realistic.

And conditioning too is ok. If you have a 6-7 day gap it\'s fine. If it\'s 3-4 days give your players a day off. Been fine for me.

Lovely feedback - this is just the kind that is helpful.

Cheers backpackant

No. The game runs much slower, hangs up randomly, it is even harder to score (one-on-one bug was not assessed), insane amounts of cards and injuries in my first games (had not been sent off for whole seasons and then after 3 matches two red cards for me).

Fixed 1v1s for me. David Villa set as poacher probably scores too many now. His conversion rate must be around 80%. Lower for others, but still. Robinho is putting them away (14 for finishing) quite a lot, and on my Leeds save Beckford is quite the machine.

Downloaded the patch yesterday, finding it a bit annoying with the fitness thing, some players have been ending the matches very very low, 39% fit i think one of them was, may aswell forget about old players, there nackered by half time (realistic i guess), been getting quiet alot of injuries which is the reason i binned FM09 finding it unplayable really because of the huge ammount of injuries. Long shots....... didnt have any problem conceding long shots pre patch and didnt really score that many long shots myself. Im also going to have to fiddle with my tactic as this doesnt do the biz anymore.

Overall i have to say i dont really like it (maybe its because my tactic doesnt work now and results feel random again and i cant sign the usual players i have been) but ill give it another shot tommorow and see how it goes but i do get more of an FM09 feeling with this patch (which is very bad for me as thats the only cm/fm game iv ever given up on) but playing with patch 10.1 i thought the game was fantastic and SI did a really great job this year.

So just my preference but at the moment i think mainly because of the fitness thing i prefer 10.1, but we shall see.

This really isnt a dig, as iv been known to rip fmlive to pieces but i do give credit where its due and i really do think fm10 is an absolutely fantastic game.

By the way if i decide i want 10.1 back how do i remove 10.2 without doing a complete re install???

Look, unless you are someone who deep down wants a "win" button on the match screen, I recommend you download and install 10.2, because its an improvement overall.

Cheers,

Paul

Don't worry Paul.

I have noticed a sense of frustration with your posts recently and I know it might not be much, but I have a few words to say.

A lot of people on these forums (including my very own family members) jump on the rage bandwagon very quickly and blow things out of proportion.

I am extreemly pleased with the new match engine and love it how you can actually win games now defending sensibly. It seems long gone are the days of 4-0 up at half time and 4-4 draws at the end of the game.

I have enjoyed my time so far with 10.2.0 - It is not perfect, but finally we have better defending, better keepers, more parried/punched shots from the keeper, more goal mouth scrambles, and amazingly best of all....I have barely seen any stupid pass backs. (Was a pet hate of mine.)

Well done mate.

Archived