Sweet hell, 10.2 is tough!

No, its terrible, you're team is gonna get relegated and you'll be fired before December!

At least that's how the current sports media portrays everything (Just ask Rafa)

Haha I'm actually playing as LFC right now. Surprised I haven't had a message saying "the fan club wants you dead" yet.

I am playing my second game postpatch right NOW. Im @ 24 min. The problem is extremely clear, it's opposing passing completition for me. First match I saw them complete almost 90(!!!!) %. Some crazy tactic switches and I got it back to 70, and grabbed enough edge to win it. Now, second match, same thing is happening. I'm playing almeria at home, not the toughest match in the season, but their PC is 74%, which is waaaaaaaay above my limit for teams like almeria in a homematch. I'm just gonna play on, but this might be a bug. I mean, I am playing very physical, aggresive football, so I'm basically trying to pressure my opponents all over the pitch, and I have selected my team partly on workrate, to make up for some of my players' creative brilliance. The likes of Forlan, raul garcia and camacho are real ball winners, and with high pressing this should result in lower passing completition for the opposing team, but I'm stuggling to get this. I'm even switching back to 2d and analysing a lot again to see where the problems are. Ill test and get back to this issue. Plz let me know if this specific issue is actually causing the increased difficulty for you as well, otherwise this post is just me bla-ing about personal bs.

Edit: The problem is getting clearer and clearer now. My opponents somehow turned into complete idiots. Almeria is playing the most ******** tactic ever against me. 42202 (back 4, 2 dm's, ml,mr, st, st). Neither of the dm's are playing any forward passes, so the only threat is on the wings. I closed down wingers, and never close down both dm's. Their passing completition is still 80, their tackling around 90, yet they got 1 shot on goal (before I made the changes). This is not realistic, and doesn't make any sense. I can't create much myself (big surprise if they're playing 2 anchor men :p) but overload tactics for 20 min. got me a goal, and since they're incapable of doing anything with the ball except passing it around that should clinch it for this match. I'm not happy with the changes. Moderator, could you please explain how to disable the update?

Much tougher to score. In half a season on the new patch have had six matches with over 20 shots and 10 CCC's that have gone scoreless. It's like a completely new game...

It was all fun and games when I started the thread, now it's just ridiculous. I had a run of six games averaging 21 shots, 13 on target and 9 CCC's per game and scored once. My players are world class, they should hit the net on occasion.

This isn't about the results, it's about my players suddenly acting like three legged donkeys. I scored 101 in the prem in the season before the patch, and now 17 games in I've scored 16 doesn't add up.

My first game with 10.2 resulted in a 5-4 loss to tottenham at white heart (Newcastle United 4th season) and i was winning 4-2 with 20 mins to go, but thats fm made some bad subs and got punished for it. The next was at st james park (non of this sport direct bs) resulting in a 3-2 loss to man city (they are winning the league and havent lost 20 games in) fair enough but then I realised the AI had found the way to beat my tatic so i changed things around and im backing to winning form.

This is just my few on it but 10.2 isnt any tougher imo. The way op is talking about stupid ai formations is very true but havent really taken notice on pass completion/

Ive played 13 games since patch (patched during season) 5 wins 3 draws 5 defeats scored 30 conceded 18. The previous 13 games I won 10 drew 3 scored 26 conceded 5.

Cant say that the drop of form wouldnt have happened if I hadnt patched but strangely, considering one of the reasons for patching, I am now suffering horrendously from long shots against me while I wasnt on 10.1.1

Don't mean to brag but if anything the game has been easier for me after the patch. I have a pretty great team as Liverpool in season 2 though.

Last 6:

Portsmouth (H) 8-0

Sunderland (H) 6-0

CSKA (A) 6-2

Swansea (A) 6-0

Wigan (H) 4-0

Man Utd (A) 5-1

Before i've just occasionally had results like that, now they're coming game after game!

I finished 7th last season and was 2-3-0 this year with 2 or 3 goals conceided and after the patch was released, I lost a home game 0-4 then another one 1-3. It's like a completely different game. The bad thing is that expectations are based on what I've achieved playing 10.1.

It was like having no defence at all. I think defenders closing down more and marking tighter give the opposition's strikers a lot of room to create space and play through balls. I will reduce closing down (only for defenders) and not apply tight marking.

It was like having no defence at all. I think defenders closing down more and marking tighter give the opposition's strikers a lot of room to create space and play through balls. I will reduce closing down (only for defenders) and not apply tight marking.

Agreed

But i'm still doing pretty good tbh,dunno why

Yep I beat man u 4-1 in patch 10.1.1 and in patch 10.2 I lost 2-1 it might not be the pacth though.

On 10.1.1 I beat Chelsea with Man City 5-0 at home, but then I went to Stamford Bridge and drew 1-1. And they completely outplayed me. You cannot really judge that result on patch change.

Archived