+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Holidaying"

Amateur

Default "Holidaying"

Can someone explain just what this is. Ive gathered its something to do with going on holiday for aaaaages so you have regens and basically a new game. But is there a usual length to it? With all these things with FM, there are usually unwritten rules, so Id love to know what they are, and what the best way to do it is??

Thanks

First Team Squad Member

Default Re: "Holidaying"

It's a way of skipping days or matches.. I use it for matches I can't be asked to manage or watch..

Amateur

in 10 yrs + of playing FM/CM i've never used it(i'm aware it may not be in earlier versions) its for slackers, not real managers who live and breath football like myself.

PS: it is good as a laugh for seeing how a game plays out in the future but i've never tried that.

Part-Timer

How do you know something is good for a laugh if you have never tried it?

Holidaying can be used to get into the future or simply for skipping games you do not want to play.

Part-Timer

bamsola,you don't do dafuge's challenge then cause you have to holiday for a whole season then just to start the game

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

If you wonder how to get there: Click on your name in the top bar. Then navigate to Options -> Go On Holiday
    You can enter a number of days you want to simulate and you can also enter a specific date.
    An unwritten rule would be that 'real' managers don't holiday. Anyway, I like to use it in some cases.
    You have to decide for yourself to which extense you want to use that feature.

Banned

I use holiday but not to skip matches.
    Usually i use it to get from saturday to saturday if i have no tweaking or other things to do with the club.

Third Team

I use holiday for experiments, or for things like Dafuge's challenge.

Amateur

Holidaying is useful if you want to test things in the game to see how they work.

Just this morning I ran a "mentoring experiment" on my laptop in which I started a new game, saved it, set 10 older players mentoring 10 youths, went "on holiday" for 6 months and then documented the changes, then loaded up the save from the start and did it again without any mentoring so that I could compare the two.

6 months of football twice in one day with enough time left over for comparing results.

Handy.

I've never used it in my career games, though.

Banned

Holidaying just a faster way to make the days go by. handy if you want to skip a season and then start as manager

Banned

has anyone noticed that when you holiday, even when you dont check the box to use current tactics, the game always uses your current formation no matter what. I thought if you didnt check the boxes to use current tactics and team selection your ass man picked the formation. Well he always has on previous versions.

Anybody else noticed this?

Part-Timer

i've had games where i've tried to take a director of football apporach and only bought the players before holidaying for a month, carefully chossing my ass man so he is someone who i agree with on team selection and formation etc. i think that it adds other ways of having fun with the game.

on the past fm i holidayed from the end of one week to the next after every game though now there is more to do when not playing a match so i don't bother.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamsola View Post
    in 10 yrs + of playing FM/CM i've never used it(i'm aware it may not be in earlier versions) its for slackers, not real managers who live and breath football like myself.
    Beg to differ about the slackers comment.

Holiday mode is an invaluable tool for hardcore database editing projects, it's vital to do test runs when making the database and playing through properly would take forever.

Amateur

i go holiday till the next match sometimes like 2 times a season.
    my "hands on approach" has always been high

First Team Regular

Holidaying is for getting a tan and/or sleep with drunk 18 year old party girls that make you itch afterwards.

Semi Pro

Outside the transfer window, I holiday between matches, setting conditions to ensure I don't lose non-transfer-listed players. The downside is the I've lost a couple of staff this way, but not very often. Means I can watch telly or go make a cuppa or something, especially for international fortnights.

Could do with an option to "return from holiday when staff approached/transfer bid for player" comes up.

Amateur

I holiday matches I can't be bothered to watch, usually as I set to use my tactics and my team selection anyway. Something like Man Utd Vs. Stockport with me as Man Utd. Don't need to be watching that in all honesty.

+ Reply to Thread