Question about International mgmt / Idea for future

Hi All,

I very rarely take over an international team but i have decided to give it a go this time. My question is, i can appoint coaches but i dont seem to be able to set any kind of training scedule, what is the benefit of having coaches at international level??

Now unless im missing something here completely and you can already do this, i think it would be a good thing if you could create training schedules for when you have your players together before matches.

Obviously a full time training schedule wouldn't be realistic as your time with the squad is limited unlike when you manage a club so perhaps the workloads would be more similar to youth team schedules in terms of you can't fit as much in. It would be time for the team to concentrate on tactics, set pieces etc.

What do you guys think?

Can someone clarify about my query on coaches too?

Cheers Lads

For international coaches, I tend to get the best JPA/JPP I can find. Since salary and previous employment are non-issues, this is pretty easy to do; the coaches mostly serve as scouts, as well, so their actual coaching abilities aren't as important.

It may be sneaky, but if you like your international staff and know you're about to take another job, be sure to fire them all before you go; that way you can re-appoint them to your new country.

Nev147 - which nation are you?

Have you tried low-reputation coaches from the same nationality as the nation you're managing?

I'm imagining that if you're managing, for example, Faroe Islands, that any coach from England, Scotland, etc, with any reasonable amount of reputation, would be unwilling to take the position. That's not a bug; its just the way things are.

On the other hand, if you're managing England and unable to get English coaches to join you, that's a bug.

Personally, I prefer to only manage nations which are active ("Playable") in the game; I've found that to yield a much better playing experience as the international manager.

Nev147 - which nation are you?

Have you tried low-reputation coaches from the same nationality as the nation you're managing?

I'm imagining that if you're managing, for example, Faroe Islands, that any coach from England, Scotland, etc, with any reasonable amount of reputation, would be unwilling to take the position. That's not a bug; its just the way things are.

On the other hand, if you're managing England and unable to get English coaches to join you, that's a bug.

Personally, I prefer to only manage nations which are active ("Playable") in the game; I've found that to yield a much better playing experience as the international manager.

Cheers for the response Amaroq. I'm the England manager and as soon as I was appointed I had a look at my staff and got rid of a lot because I wanted to bring my own staff from Barcelona. But once I had got rid of alot of staff I tried to give the vacant jobs to my staff at Barcelona but they rejected which I thought was very odd. I offered them coaching roles aswell as being the manager of the under 21's and other youth teams but everyone just said no- I was very suprised. So then I approached other coaches in the world who were very good and they also rejected. So then I went to worse coaches i.e. national reputation- bad standard but hey I was getting desparate and they still said no. By this time I was pretty annoyed and juest left it without approaching lesser coaches, i.e. a local reputation. I will have a go at appointing a local rep coach and see what happens. But even if they do say yes there is surely a problem here??? :)

I believe that in FM10 it is much more difficult to appoint coaches that are not from the same nationally as the national team... my experience managing portugal in FM09 was that I could hire almost all coaches, except the very high reputation ones. In this version, even national level coaches from brazil would refuse, I only had any success hiring portuguese coaches.

I believe that in FM10 it is much more difficult to appoint coaches that are not from the same nationally as the national team... my experience managing portugal in FM09 was that I could hire almost all coaches, except the very high reputation ones. In this version, even national level coaches from brazil would refuse, I only had any success hiring portuguese coaches.

Ok thats interesting, cheers lance. :)

Archived