[FM10] Croydon Municipal - Home, sweet Home.

NepentheZ

Intro :

In a desperate bid to actually play FM10, I went for the ultimate. The spectacular. I tried, and failed at FM09, and hoped FM10 would offer me something new. Something exciting. On first looks, I wasn't too impressed with the game. The skin is some what hideous, and the new layout out couldn't be less user friendly if if gave you a little electric shock every time you missed a CCC. That being said, I've persevered, and have adjusted to the poor skin, mainly for the fact that I think the new tactics module, is by far and away the best improvement FM has made, since dropping Eidos. I was raised in Croydon for much of my younger years, and even played for Croydon Athletic, back when I was 16 / 17. (Many moons ago) - so when Roberto922 created the English Small to Big Club challenge : Extended Edition - I couldn't wait to take on Croydon Municipal from the depths of the English Leagues. A club with no history, no players, and no staff, the run to the Champions League title, should be an interesting one, that could take decades to complete. As far as career games go, this is the best.

Background :

Season 1 (2009/10) - 1st Place in the ECCLD1 [Champions, Promoted]

Season 2 (2010/11) - 3rd Place in the ECCPD

Season 3 (2011/12) - 1st Place in the ECCPD [Champions, Promoted]

Season 4 (2012/13) - 4th Place in the NPD1N [Play-Off Winners, Promoted]

Season 5 (2013/14) - 8th Place in the EILPD

Club Honours :

ECC League Division 1 : 2010

ECC League Premier Division : 2012

ECC Premier Cup : 2012

[Footer]

Threads heavily involved during this career :

Facts and Figures

[b]Manager Stats

[/b]Games Played : 248
Games Won    : 135
Games Drawn  :  59
Games Lost   :  54

Goals Scored    : 361
Goals Conceded  : 217
Goal Difference : 144

League Wins : 2
Cup Wins    : 1
[b] League Results[/b]

Divison   | Pld | W | D | L | F | A | GD | Pts | Pos
[b]
ECCLD1[/b]    |  40 | 28| 8 | 4 | 71| 30| +41|  92 | 1st
[b]ECCPD[/b]     |  42 | 20|14 | 8 | 53| 29| +24|  74 | 3rd
[b]ECCPD[/b]     |  42 | 25| 9 | 8 | 71| 39| +32|  84 | 1st
[b]NPD1N[/b]     |  42 | 22| 9 |11 | 58| 37| +21|  74 | 4th
[b]EILPD[/b]     |  42 | 17|13 |12 | 49| 42| +7 |  64 | 8th

[b] Player Stats

[u] Leading Scorers[/u][/b] 

Season       | Player Name | GP | GS | Av. R[b]
Season 09/10[/b] | A. Burchell | 39 | 18 | 6.91
[b]Season 10/11[/b] | S. McManus  | 34 | 14 | 6.76
[b]Season 11/12[/b] | G.B. Smith  | 41 | 14 | 7.11
[b]Season 12/13[/b] | D. Hearn    | 29 | 18 | 6.91
[b]Season 13/14[/b] | D. Hearn    | 40 | 15 | 6.89

[u][b] Leading Assists[/b][/u]

Season       | Player Name | GP |  A | Av. R[b]
Season 09/10[/b] | A. Downey   | 42 |  8 | 6.87
[b]Season 10/11[/b] | S. Legwinski| 48 | 13 | 7.12
[b]Season 11/12[/b] | S. Legwinski| 45 | 15 | 7.32
[b]Season 12/13[/b] | K. Wilkie   | 32 | 10 | 6.87
[b]Season 13/14[/b] | D. Hearn    | 40 | 10 | 6.89

Croydon Municipal - Season 1 Review (2009/10)

English Combined Counties League Division 1 - 1st Place [Winners]

F.A Vase - Lost in First Qualifying Round

CC Division 1 Cup - Lost in Quarter Final

CC Premier Cup - Lost in Third Round

ECCLD1 Screenshots

Final League Table.

Team Stats Overview.

Player Stats Overview.

Manager Screenshots

Attributes.

Information.

Overview.

Personal.

Croydon Municipal Information

Best Eleven (2009/10) - Score 4685

Finances

Transfers (Loans)

Transfers

Player Records

Team Records

Staff

Team Sheet

Team Facilities

Team Facts

Team Overview

Team Stats

Records, Awards and Achievements

Croydon Municipal turn Semi-Pro

Fans Player of the Year - Jacob Guy

Outstanding Performers

Sylvain Legwinski - An absolute dog this season. Him and the departed Barnard carried this team to the top of the table. Legwinski was awesome.

You had a 56 year old player playing for you!

That's old enough to be Neppo Monster's Dad!

How apt for the career "you'll never win anything with kids" being underneath this atm :D

Great season Nep :thup: Gotta agree with Paul though, a less than one in two strike rate for Burchall is enough of a reason to release him in terms of your previous achievments :D.

I played the 56 year old 2 times. I saw him in a game, and thought, hold on, chance of a record here in FM10 Records thread, so played him at 55 and 150 something days. Looked in the records thread, and someone has played the same guy, but older than mine, so I waited 'till he was 56, and played him again :D

To be honest, I don't really know what I've done with the tactics. Its pretty much on overdrive. All 6 attacking players and 2 wing backs are in attack mode, and then the 2 DC's are on defense mode. Its crazy, sometimes I'm left with 2v5 when the oppo breaks, but I've found 2 DC's that are better than the leagues quality, so at the moment, I'm not being caught out as much as I should be. I love the tactics, love the style, don't use the wizard persay, but I do use the new style module. I love the fact that it finally gives key attributes for each player position and stuff. Only once I get to a respectable league, probably League 2 - will I really start noticing how important the tactics are. But at this level, someone with a couple of key attributes > 15 for any particular area, will just dominate, which is why Legwinski done so good. I've got a couple of 38 year olds joining in the new season, and 1 40 year old, and honestly, they are good enough for League 1 / League 2 teams, aside from the physical attributes. I'll get a couple of screenies, hold on

Croydon Municipal, in Tier 9 of English Football - have just made it to Round 1 of the F.A Cup :D

I've come through 3 Qualifying rounds, 2 of them going to replays, and have a home tie v BSN/S Side Bradford P.A.

I'll be so happy if I can beat them, and get a home tie v a Championship side, as my stadium holds 8,000 people :D

The dream is over in the F.A Cup :( Lost 2-1 to Bradford P.A - despite going 1-0 up and holding it 'till half time. It was such a close match too. Annoying as it was, I never expected the reaction I got from the fans. They were unhappy with me :( - Well excuse me, Bradford are like, 5 divisions above me, ffs :D

Really struggling to score goals this season. I've tried a few different formations, but I just can't find a striker who can finish.

1 guy, who went 36 hours without scoring, had 4 goals in 41 games this season..!! My other strikers score averagely 1 in every 4 or 5 games. My midfielders have as many goals. On a plus side, I rarely concede, but I prefer the goals. I really need to find a way to get my strikers scoring.

Currently sat 2nd in the table after 31 (of 42) games, but I'm 10 points behind the leaders, so if I finish 2nd, it'll be a play-off to get me promoted.

Had major problems in Malta too Nep. In the end I just decided to go all out attack from the first whistle (at home). So it was my usual tactic but with overload, fluid, roam and more expressive in the team tactics bit. We had a really good defence too and it did pay off for a while but as you say it is all about the goals!

I'm going to take that on board. Because with the tactic I used last season, it was effective. I altered it this season to try and keep more clean sheets, which I've done, however, in the process I've stopped scoring :D

On top of that, the tactic I had last season just doesn't seem to work in this league :D

Last season, I had an ST on loan, who was top scorer, this season, my strikers are really poor.

• 1 month later...

Don't mind it down here, really. As has been mentioned in the actual thread on CSE, its a bit easy the first few seasons, because the players are so evenly balanced. So for me, having somone like Legwinski, is almost like a game breaker. (Not in the literal sense). I enjoy starting as low as possible, though, and look forward to focusing on this enough over the next few months, to do something memorable with Croydon. No idea what the regional sorting is, so you'll have to shed some light on that one, haha. But yeah, I mean, It would be easy enough to win the first 4-5 Divisions with 2 or 3 key players, and a solid tactic. The only issue I'm having right now, is that I can't find a decent Striker for love, loan or money. As you can see from the Team Sheet, my top scorer last season finished with 14 goals in 34 games. The next highest scorer was the DM Legwinski, with 8, and they were all from Free Kicks and Pens. I've never known such a low scoring season, especially considering I finished 3rd, and only on goal difference..!!

If I can find a Striker with attributes in the 12-15 range, even just 4 or 5 key attributes there, then I'm sure he'll bag 30+ in a season. But I have searched very high, and very wide, and have come unstuck at every corner :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived