Man City - Far Too Easy To Win Things?

Just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this?

Is it not a good challenge and too easy if you like, to be the manager of Man City on FM 2010. I have a strong urge to be them, because of the money they have etc, etc, but i keep thinking that it'll be far too easy to win everything with them early on.

What are your thoughts on this?

I really want to be my beloved Liverpool all the time and i've now tried 3 saves with them, but it's way too annoying because they literally have no money to spend!!

So what are your thoughts??

Many Thanks,

Matt

With Man City then it goes without saying that they have the money! I have never managed them but there starting 11/squad for me is not as good as the top 4. They also dont not have the reputation of the top european clubs. Yes winning the league in the first season and the Champions League in the second will not be classed as a miracle, but there will be quite high standards and trophies will be needed for it to be a success- so there is some pressure! As seen IRL I don't know if they can attract the worlds best as seen in Kaka, but from what I have seen in the Man City thread then attracting the world best does not seem a problem!

If it was easy then you would win the league and champions league every season- there are harder challenges but why not! Give it a go. :thup:

I am 6 seasons in with my Liverpool career and i have tons of money...i have received a £60 transfer budget for the past two seasons,always abit more as i wheel and deal,do well in the Champs league and the Premiership and the tv money comes rolling in.

I am 6 seasons in with my Liverpool career and i have tons of money...i have received a £60 transfer budget for the past two seasons,always abit more as i wheel and deal,do well in the Champs league and the Premiership and the tv money comes rolling in.

£60 isn't really all that much tbf, I wouldn't boast.

Just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this?

Is it not a good challenge and too easy if you like, to be the manager of Man City on FM 2010. I have a strong urge to be them, because of the money they have etc, etc, but i keep thinking that it'll be far too easy to win everything with them early on.

What are your thoughts on this?

I really want to be my beloved Liverpool all the time and i've now tried 3 saves with them, but it's way too annoying because they literally have no money to spend!!

So what are your thoughts??

Many Thanks,

Matt

Check out the liverpool thread, i won the epl with liverpool in the first season with only one change to the first team they use irl, and then because we won i had £40m to spend the next season. Basically in the first season you have to sell to buy and you can get some good money for dome players.

It's not really the fault of City, surely. It's entirely down to the fact that the better FM players learn exactly how to manipulate the options they have (tactics mainly) to go on unbeatable runs. The evidence is there in all the people who manage to get, say, Stoke in the CL in their first season, or those who take the Dafuge Challenge and are successful. The way to solve this is dubious as we really don't want the game to get harder but personally it's my suggestion that the problem lies in the fact that you can change tactic far too quickly. This doesn't really happen in real football - yes, managers can change their formation with a substitute but you don't really see them telling the entire team to change to long balls in the blink of an eye, then five minutes later when it isn't working, tweak the tempo of the game and have the left-back bring the flying right-winger in for close man-marking to remove him from the game just like that. It's too hard to inform the team of these changes, the manager can shout to play harder, hold the ball up a bit more of something but he can't personally instruct players mid-game like he can in FM. If you watch football, the big changes only ever happen at half-time, and sometimes the team just don't adapt to the change well. In FM you can change formation as many times as you like and it's just as effective as ever whenever you try it. I think if the main changes were restricted to half-time tactics changes, you wouldn't see the ability to dominate the league so well as it would genuinely take a realistic amount of time to react to a side that has caught you off-guard.

But yeah, anyway, don't blame the team just because there's money. Look at the match engine for its high ability to be exploited and controlled by good players. I've played as City and I certainly wasn't running away with the title in my first season, but that's because I don't know how to exploit the game like you (OP) probably do.

Archived