[FM10] "From Bhoys to Men"

jackripper

The Celtic Football Club (pronounced /ˈsɛltɪk/) (LSE: CCP) is a Scottish football club based in the Parkhead area of Glasgow, which currently plays in the Scottish Premier League. The club was established in 1887, and played its first game in 1888. Celtic have won the Scottish championship on 42 occasions, most recently in the 2007/08 season, and the Scottish Cup 34 times. Celtic's home stadium is Celtic Park, the biggest football stadium in Scotland, with a capacity of 60,832. Together with their Glasgow rivals, Rangers, they form the Old Firm, one of the most famous and fierce rivalries in sport. The club's traditional playing colours are green and white hooped shirts with white shorts and white socks.

Leagues loaded-England,Scotland,France,Italy,Spain,Germany and Holland.

Fm2010 no edits.

End of season summary 2009/10

Transfers 2009/10

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7985/alla.jpg

With around £8million to start with i knew i couldnt pull in the major players so decided mostly for youth. James rodriguez from Banfeild was a major coup especially with Milan sniffing round i knew i had to offer him a good contract and persuade him that Celtic would be better for his growth into becoming a World Star. I also Signed Verratti, Castaginos and Thiago from Barca for just under £1mil. I decided to sell Mark wilson, Willo flood to wigan and Marc Crosas for £2.5million also to Wigan. This money i put away for January if needed. January came and with my main striker Fortune cracking ribs and facing a lenghty sidelines spell i scoured the market for a replacement and found one in an unknown player called Gian from brazillian team Santos. He would become my best signing as il explain later.

Key Player 2009/10

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3158/alla2.jpg

Gian- 19 year old striker signed from Santos for £1.3million would become an excellent bit of business. After coming in January to replace my injured striker i didnt know what to expect especially with him being so young and moving from the sun of Brazil to the rain of Scotland. I chucked him straight into the deep end to see wether hed float or sink and boy did he float. This boy would of kept the titanic afloat. a return of 14 goals in 17 games blew me away and now with half a season under his belt i surely cant wait for next season, unlike Marc fortune who will find it hard to win back his place.

League Table-2009/10

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7929/alla3.jpg

Champions is what the board expected from me right away and the pressure was on for me to produce and bring them back the title from local rivals Rangers, We started good but also Rangers too where we would meet for the first time at Ibrox which was my first taste of the "OLD FIRM" derby. I didnt expect it to be so hostile but it was and unfortunatly a 2-1 defeat didnt go down to well with Rangers also taking first place. We carried on winning and a few draws floating around until we faced Rangers at home and a 3-1 win set us back on the same points but we had a game in hand. We then went on a run where all season we lost only 2 games drawing 9 and winning 27 so a very good year in the league.

Cup runs 2009/10

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/628/alla4.jpg

Champions league gave us a tricky tie with FC Twente which we comfortably came through 4-1 winners on Agg. we then had to play shaktar where a 2-2 draw away would see us lovely for the home leg which we trounced them 5-0 to sail into the group stages. We were drawn against Sporting, Slovanian Bratislava and Chelsea so a very tough group but i felt optomistic especialy as we suprised chelsea with a 4-3 win at home in the opening game followed by a draw with Sporting and Brata away which followed by a Chelsea 3-1 win over us but a win in our last game see us make out of the group stages as runners up. we then drew AC Milan who at home we took a 3-3 draw back to the san Siro where we unbelivably scored 4 goals but they scored 6 and we lost 9-7 on AGG but i was blown away that we could score 4 at the san Siro and still manage to lose. We won the League cup beating Rangers in the final and then won the Scottish cup after beating suprise package Partick Thistle.

Squad 2009/10

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7347/alla5.jpg

I was happy with the squad that i inherited but the youth at the club wasnt so pleasing thats why i decided i would buy younger players hoping they would become great players and hopefully legends at Celtic F.C. we had a strong midfield and attack even with samaras not fitting into my plans i felt comfortable knowing with the attacking potential in my team we would be okay, Defence however i had my doubts. I didnt think Loovens was good enough and that will be my aim next to get some better defenders into the club to take us onto the next level.

Around the World 2009/10

Chelsea Man united Arsenal and liverpool occupy the top four spots in that order in the Prem League. Wigan Bolton and Stoke relegated. Roma took Seria A with fiorentina runners up and in Spain Barca pipped Real to the title by 2 points so money doesnt buy you everything. AZ won the europa cup and the Champions of europe would be Real mardid who beat Lyon in the final 2-0.

Leading transfers 2009/10

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5571/alla6.jpg

Mega rich Man city showed there hand by taking the two biggest transfers with £23.5million for Denilson from Arsenal and Maxi rodriguez also brought into the team, a major difference from the £1.7 million biggest transfer fee by me this season.

Next season review 2010/11

To strengthen the defence and maybe look for a goalkeeper to come in also and obviously win the league and do well in the domestic cups and build on our success in the Champions League and maybe making the 2nd round again.

we then drew AC Milan who at home we took a 3-3 draw back to the san Siro where we unbelivably scored 4 goals but they scored 6 and we lost 9-7 on AGG but i was blown away that we could score 4 at the san Siro and still manage to lose.

9-7 on aggregate! LOL. Were the two of you taking it turns to score?? At least the punters got their moneys worth :thup:

Ivory Coast 2009/10

I was offered the chance to gain more experience in management by Ivory Coast who wanted me to take over there World Cup campaign and hopefully do well. It was going to be a tough ask as no coaches wanted to accept my positions i had available so i decided if it went down hill in the world cup i would quit due to lack of selection available to me in the coaching department. we drew Spain Japan and Switzerland. I felt we could progress in the group aslong as we beat Japan and Switzerland and hopefully get something from Spain. with players like Drogba and the toure brothers i knew we had a solid spine to the team so anything could happen.

Ivory coast 2-2 Spain World Cup Group F

We drew Spain first and came away from the match with a better result than expected we drew 2-2 against one of the favourites and of course European championship winners. so a good start to our World cup with an OG by Puyol and a 87 minute strike by Drogba grabbing a share of the spoils. Japan would be next and i was expecting 3 points and hopefully one foot into the next round.

Ivory Coast 4-0 Japan World Cup Group F

2 goals in the first 7 minutes by Drogba set us up lovely with us taking a 2-0 lead into half time i just needed the players to concentrate and not throw it away. In the second half we played better with Drogba sealing his hat trick in the 69th minute and an Og by the Japan defender doubled our lead to make it 4-0 and a easy win as we head into our final group game against Switzerland. the group going into the final games would be.....

Ivory Coast played 2 points 4

Spain played 2 points 4

Switzerland played 2 points 3

Japan Played 2 points 1

So a draw is needed for us to make the second round but a major blow as Drogba pulls his hamstring and its possible he could miss our vital game unless we get a miracle. We just now been told that Keita our main right Winger has been injured in training and will be out for 3 months. Galatasary will not be happy and nor will our fans.

Ivory Coast 1-1 Switzerland World Cup Group F

Unfortunaltly Drogba didnt make it and with Keita out we needed a strong perfomance from everyone including the players stepping in. i told the lads a draw would put us through but a defeat would send us packing our bags and heading home and me heading well who knows. the match started slowly for both teams with us 17 minutes in hitting the post only for minutes later they hit the cross bar. we were nder pressure but holding our own with Kolo toure playing a blinder of a first half to take us in at 0-0 and 45 minutes away from the second round of the World Cup. Not much happened in the second half until the 86th minute when Kalou raced into the Swiss box and being brought down to be awarded a penalty. My nerves were now starting to play as i watched Kalou dust himself down and place the ball on the spot. I closed my eyes and prayed and to the roar of the fans we had taken a 1-0 lead with 4 minutes to go. All we needed to do was hold out and with the whistle in the refs mouth just about to blow Switzerland equalised and madeit 1-1 and also buying them a few more seconds. All we needed was to keep the ball which we did as the final whistle blew we went through to the second round.

Ivory Coast GermanyWorld Cup 2nd Round

Up next for us would be the might of Germany who trounced there group i was still praying to get Drogba fit but that unlikely and i felt if we could match Spain we could match the Germans who knows. A goal in the 1st minute by Germany didnt help matters and thart gave us an even bigger uphill task to climb as we went into the interval still 1-0 down, I told the players we could become heros and win this game but it wasnt to be as Germany held onto there 1-0 advantage and it would be Germany progressing here even though we could be proud of what we had accomplished at this years world cup.

Archived