Is he a loser or just stupid?

I'm in a season with Everton and I was expected to qualify for Europe, but just before the end of the year I have my team in first place by 7 points after a great run and lead Chelsea by 10 points. I was asked who I thought would win the Premiership. I previously chose not to answer, but with a lead like this I will obviously be in the hunt so I say "Everton." Then I was asked what I thought of Chelsea's hopes -- they are 10 points off as I said, have a transfer embargo and Lampard and Terry are out for a bit. I responded that I didn't they were serious contenders. After this in my inbox the message said that my squad would react badly. I checked and only one player has responded negatively...Shaun Wright Phillips, who had been picked up by the previous regime. I investigate further and SWP was "confused by my comments" and he has a poor attitude now. WTF???? Can he not do math does he like mid-table football a bit too much? He had been playing great, but now I'm beginning to think I need to get rid of him because he's either stupid or a loser. He has played poorly since this press conference. My team has gotten even better, but he's jaking it. Are there players that are destined to be starters on mid-table squads only because they can't handle winning? Should I dump him or hope he has a change of heart?

Just out of interest what season are you in and how many matches are left to play in the league?

I only ask because it seems like you are in 2010/11 season around January so it seems really improbable that Everton would ever be in that position 12 months from now!!

Seriously, people are asking is this game too easy? Here's the proof!

I hate loaded questions like that. One time I was in first place at mid-season and a reporter asked me who I thought would win the league. I answered that my team would (seeing as to how we were in first place already) and all it did was upset my players. Since then I simply "No comment," any questions like that.

Just out of interest what season are you in and how many matches are left to play in the league?

I only ask because it seems like you are in 2010/11 season around January so it seems really improbable that Everton would ever be in that position 12 months from now!!

Seriously, people are asking is this game too easy? Here's the proof!

Lol -- yeah, the incident happened in December 2010. My team has been good, but mainly benefited from other teams tripping up. Man United had some real trouble early with a bunch of draws and a couple tough losses, Chelsea fell apart in November, City haven't put it together. Arsenal are well off the pace. Only Liverpool are close.

I changed my tactics when I got the job to play some Don Revie-style football where I try to bully the other team off the pitch by playing all of my very aggressive players (aside from SWP being my speedy wing). It has helped me skate by the bigger clubs by focusing on taking out their players (broke Torres' leg and beat Liverpool 1-0, gashed Berbatov and drew United at OT 2-2) and in transfers just focusing on high aggression I can get players cheap that fit my system. Honourable? No, but it works lol.

Wright is his middle name isn`t it ?

Obviously not. English people don't use their middle names in this way.

It is a double barrelled surname, the 'Wright' part coming from his step-father Ian Wright, the 'Phillips' part coming from his mother.

Archived