Barry Ferguson & Allan Mcgregor.

Argh!

Can anyone help me here. I've started a new game as Scotland manager and I want these two back in the team but they always reject when I ask them to consider.

Is there a way to have them back into the Scotland team?

I've checked the editor and Internation retirement is unticked.

Thanks.

It could be hard-coded as it's not actually the manager's decision.. the SFA banned them.

Why would it be hard coded? As some people would like to play with legends e.g. Zidanes etc. Should be the simple unticking of international retirement imo.

Why would it be hard coded? As some people would like to play with legends e.g. Zidanes etc. Should be the simple unticking of international retirement imo.

You're not comparing Ferguson to Zidane are you? :D

They're not retired, they're banned. Doubt they'll get back in so I assume that's why it's hard-coded.

They're not retired, they're banned. Doubt they'll get back in so I assume that's why it's hard-coded.

No, I was just making an example.

Yeah but there technically not anymore as it was the managers choice and such like sort of. Gordon Smith has said that they are all available for the next manager, tbh I thought they would be when Burley was sacked as well. Still I don't think they should be banned in the game. People might not agree with the decision and change it suit personal requirements. If its hard coded then this isn't helping a player wanting to play the way they want to if you get what I mean? Realistic maybe but as a editor myself I do like to change things a lot and bring back bans and take people off retirement.

Gordon Smith has said that the next manager will have Ferguson and McGregor available should he want. Total backpeddling from the SFA but since FM10 currently has Burley as manager then no, there's no chance they should be available.

In the new patch they should be.

Following the dismissal of George Burley as manager of Scotland, SFA chief executive Gordon Smith confirmed that the incoming manager would be free to select Ferguson should he so wish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Ferguson#International_career

Archived