+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot Complete Transfer Due To Lack Of Funds?

Amateur

Default Cannot Complete Transfer Due To Lack Of Funds?

Not sure if anyone's experienced this, but I'm having a problem signing players on free transfers from other teams (i.e. just before their contracts expire). I was playing as Grimsby who were, admittedly, in dire financial straits, and manged to free up some wage budget so I could bring in some better players.

Having agreed contracts with a few I was told come signing day that I had insufficient funds to complete the transfer. No compensation was due to be paid for any of them and, as I mentioned, contract terms were agreed. Anyone have an idea as to why this might be? Or am I just being a simpleton and missing something? Signing on fee perhaps?

Banned

Default Re: Cannot Complete Transfer Due To Lack Of Funds?

The only thing I can think of is compensation, but if you are sure theres none them I am baffled

Third Team

Signing on fee sounds like a good bet. If you haven't got enough in the bank, where's the money gonna come from?

Amateur
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....

I agree it must be signing fee, happened to me loads on FM08. It very annoying when the player in question will not negotiate.

Amateur

The team probably offered the player a contract after you tried to get him on a free. Because of this, the team is now due compensation - look at your offer again toward the bottom of the screen and see if it says (team) must be compensated with a certain amount of money.

+ Reply to Thread