Increase reputation

So yeah, I use FM Genie Scout to moniter my own and my club's reputation. I noticed that I get around 250-300 higher reputation per season. I am playing in Ligue 1 and have gone from media prediction 16th to 11th, then the next season to spot number 6th.

When I got up with my team from Ligue 2(that's the french second division) I saw an increase in almost 600. Now, I wonder how I can improve that?

I qualified for Uefa/Europa League, as I got on the 6th position. Will this help me reputation, even if I don't go far?

Will doing trainingtournaments in Asia etc help my reputation? Can someone enlight me on how it works and how to improve it - fast? Except going to Champions League of course, but that will still take a while.

Indeed, but OM has 8300 or something. Also, I read on football manager wiki that there are two ligue reputations, one of which was fluctuating depending on the players in the league and the relative success the teams have in European cups.

Indeed, but OM has 8300 or something. Also, I read on football manager wiki that there are two ligue reputations, one of which was fluctuating depending on the players in the league and the relative success the teams have in European cups.

You're thinking of the difference between league reputation and league coefficient. The league coefficient is a mathematical calculation to rank leagues based on the performance of their teams in Europe. Wikipedia "UEFA Coefficient" for more info. FM simulates this and can switch leagues around based on it to alter how many European places leagues get and where their teams start. Reputation, however, is different, and league reputation can't be changed (club rep of course can, as you're talking about it here). Reputation is about how much players want to play for you, but the coefficient is something else entirely.

I suspect you'll find that FM has hard-coded reputation boosts for each achievement. For instance, a promotion from the second tier may be +500, champions of the league an extra +100. Each league position gained over last year may be +50. Qualifying for Europe will probably give you a big boost, but doing well in Europe will be far more important. I can't give you any more specific info, but I would recommend thinking logically about it. Your reputation is going to be more affected by notable events - events that would get your team in the news. A team who finishes 16th isn't going to be much more notable than one in 17th, but a team promoted will be briefly famous. It's all about the high-publicity events. If you want your club rep to improve, aim to do notable things - a very good cup run will probably be worth 2 or 3 league places at least.

You're thinking of the difference between league reputation and league coefficient. The league coefficient is a mathematical calculation to rank leagues based on the performance of their teams in Europe. Wikipedia "UEFA Coefficient" for more info. FM simulates this and can switch leagues around based on it to alter how many European places leagues get and where their teams start. Reputation, however, is different, and league reputation can't be changed (club rep of course can, as you're talking about it here). Reputation is about how much players want to play for you, but the coefficient is something else entirely.

I suspect you'll find that FM has hard-coded reputation boosts for each achievement. For instance, a promotion from the second tier may be +500, champions of the league an extra +100. Each league position gained over last year may be +50. Qualifying for Europe will probably give you a big boost, but doing well in Europe will be far more important. I can't give you any more specific info, but I would recommend thinking logically about it. Your reputation is going to be more affected by notable events - events that would get your team in the news. A team who finishes 16th isn't going to be much more notable than one in 17th, but a team promoted will be briefly famous. It's all about the high-publicity events. If you want your club rep to improve, aim to do notable things - a very good cup run will probably be worth 2 or 3 league places at least.

Gotcha. What about doing friendlies in different continents and/or against very big-reputated teams?

Archived