Reasons why the game is too easy!

Firstly I do love FM, but I do find it too easy.I have only started 1 game with Stafford Rangers and I have got 3 promotions in 3 years and am now in the playoffs for the championship. This has not happened through great wisdom but by default, I tell you why.

Firstly, as there are not many players in the game and due to cash constraints, you have no option but to buy free transfers etc and these quality signings stick out like a sore thumb, rather than being as a result of great scouting etc.

Secondly, the young players are too good. Why sign a 25-30 year for a few hundred thousand when you can raid the conferance for 19-21 years olds on bosman and only suffer compensation payments. Surely these young players should (A) not be so good and (B) be snapped up by the bigger clubs if so good.

As a result of these cheap youngsters, you can simply offload higher valued players in the age (25-30) for cash.

Another serious point is a player like Wayne Rooney may cost £32m, while Danny Murphy is worth £30,000 but the stats are not unlike. In other words, why pay big money for these stars when you can pick up similar players for a fraction of the price.

It is disappointing.

Finally, no team seems to try and snap up your players. This makes it easy to hold onto them even though they are on relatively poor weekly wages.

I am now 6th in the Championship and I have never paid a transfer fee, with £85k in the bank. My annual wage is also £32k, while Birmingham's in 7th is £850k.

It is too easy and therefore slightly disappointing. This is also coming from a casual gamer.

Any opinions on the above?

Firstly I do love FM, but I do find it too easy.I have only started 1 game with Stafford Rangers and I have got 3 promotions in 3 years and am now in the playoffs for the championship. This has not happened through great wisdom but by default, I tell you why.

Firstly, as there are not many players in the game and due to cash constraints, you have no option but to buy free transfers etc and these quality signings stick out like a sore thumb, rather than being as a result of great scouting etc.

Secondly, the young players are too good. Why sign a 25-30 year for a few hundred thousand when you can raid the conferance for 19-21 years olds on bosman and only suffer compensation payments. Surely these young players should (A) not be so good and (B) be snapped up by the bigger clubs if so good.

As a result of these cheap youngsters, you can simply offload higher valued players in the age (25-30) for cash.

Another serious point is a player like Wayne Rooney may cost £32m, while Danny Murphy is worth £30,000 but the stats are not unlike. In other words, why pay big money for these stars when you can pick up similar players for a fraction of the price.

It is disappointing.

Finally, no team seems to try and snap up your players. This makes it easy to hold onto them even though they are on relatively poor weekly wages.

I am now 6th in the Championship and I have never paid a transfer fee, with £85k in the bank. My annual wage is also £32k, while Birmingham's in 7th is £850k.

It is too easy and therefore slightly disappointing. This is also coming from a casual gamer.

Any opinions on the above?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another serious point is a player like Wayne Rooney may cost £32m, while Danny Murphy is worth £30,000 but the stats are not unlike. In other words, why pay big money for these stars when you can pick up similar players for a fraction of the price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what stage of the game you're at or how the players in question are performing.

But suffice to say that there is a large difference between Wayne Rooney and Danny Murphy - especially so if you're in the middle of a game and Mr. Murphy is older and near the end of his contract (which I presume by the price you've quoted for him).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

To be honest I'm quite impressed you're finding it that easy - let me know if you manage to do as well in the Premiership as normally thats the hardest 'jump up' for a team to make. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marc, I find it easy as well, both versions.

Ever since I used your 4-1-3-2 formation and it's unstoppable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another serious point is a player like Wayne Rooney may cost £32m, while Danny Murphy is worth £30,000 but the stats are not unlike. In other words, why pay big money for these stars when you can pick up similar players for a fraction of the price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what stage of the game you're at or how the players in question are performing.

But suffice to say that there is a large difference between Wayne Rooney and Danny Murphy - especially so if you're in the middle of a game and Mr. Murphy is older and near the end of his contract (which I presume by the price you've quoted for him). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is hidden stats as well though, are there not?

They may have similar stats, but something in the hidden stats may be making all the difference.

i also find the game easy - i tain a stenhousemuir to win the champions league in 6 seasons while 5 is minimum u can do it and i summed that whole season

i also find the game not i would say easy but its not difficult however i personally like the skill level as it is a handheld version and i only ever play it on the go therefore if it was very difficult i would just leave it at home as i would not be able too concentrate fully as i am on the bus, train etc...

also it would not be as addictive if you werent doing that gd keep up the good work si

I think it's easy to win promotions from the lower leagues, but once you get into the Premiership it's a lot harder.

I'm using the 3-5-2 tactic with Leicester and I've just finished season 2012/13. Although I won the Championship in the first season, since then I've only managed to finish between 3-6th in the Premiership. I've not won any domestic competitions either - only the Uefa Cup twice and the Super Cup once. I've got to the FA Cup final twice and lost, and the League Cup final once and lost.

In my opinion this game is harder than FMH06. By the same 2012/13 season I'd won the Premiership once, the Champions League twice, the the League Cup and FA Cups a handful of times.

I think the level of difficulty is about right - I bet you won't be winning the Premiership straight after you get promoted anyway.

I found the game much easier in the last version when there were all the south american youngsters because I could get them for under 100k and when they got to 20 years old they had amazing stats and they would dominate the league. I got Leyton Orient winning the Champions League like this.

This version is more challenging because it is harder to find potential stars.

Firstly, thanks for the responses.

Mark, I am starting season 5 now - Danny Murphy was 30 when I referred to his stats - okay Wayne Rooney is better but he doesnt appear to be significantly better. There doesnt not appear to be a massive leap in quality from some championship players to seasoned Premiership stars. Thats really my point.

Okay I do concede that I have yet to make the jump into the Premiership, so perhaps my verdict is a bit premature - saying that I dont read many threads on the game and pick up hints and tips (such as formations etc), so maybe if i had done - it would be in fact easier.

Saying that, great game and i am looking forward to making the leap to FM07 on PC - my first FM or CM on PC to date.

Archived