Version - 10.0.1

Database - 10.0.0

DB Size - Small

All Players Loaded From - None

Leagues Loaded -

• England - Premiership to League One.
    Italy - Serie A to Serie C2.

Introduction

Hello; my name is Joe, and this is my first thread in the career forums, so as many others say, please bare with me. I chose Pro Vercelli firstly because I wanted to start in the lower leagues of Italy. But I didn't want to just start with any old team; I wanted to start with a team with history. I made a fair bit of indepth research and one team stood out head and shoulders above the rest - Pro Vercelli.

US_Pro_Vercelli_Calcio.png

About Pro Vercelli

Unione Sportiva Pro Vercelli Calcio was one of the most successful Italian football clubs in the early decades of the twentieth century, with seven national titles won between 1908 and 1922. Based in Vercelli, Piedmont, the team currently plays in Italy's Lega Pro Seconda Divisione, or in FM - Serie C2. They dominated the Italian Football Championship in the 1910's and 1920's winning the title an outstanding seven times, coming runner-up once.

Manager Profile

joeeo.jpg

Name - Joe Bartle

Date of Birth - 03.05.84

Nationality - English

Past Experience - Sunday League Footballer

Favoured Clubs - Newcastle United

Tranfers In -

Davide Morello - Free

Fabio Prosperi - Free

Medhy Ouchene - Free

Mirko Delia - Free

Flavien Belson - Free

Sofiane Zaaboub - Free

Transfers Out -

Loreto Lo Bosco - Free - Real Marcianise

Starting Eleven

GK - Morello

DL - Prosperi

DC - Collaro

DC - Prizio

DR - Grancitelli

ML - Zaaboub

MC - Cristini

MC - Belson

MR - Ruffini

ST - Delia

ST - Anderson

Please note, I am currently in March 2010.

End of Season Update

First season has been finished, and although I should be delighted, I am bitterly disappointed. I was first all throughout the season until the final few games, and my poor management skills shone through. Overall though, a fairly good season, even though it could of been so much more.

League Table

leaguetable.th.jpg

At one stage I was ten points clear, but I just wasn't up to the challenge. As you can see, I drew way to many games, as my defence was rather shocking. The league table does show the strength of my attack though, with my team being one of the highest scorers.I Will definately be looking to win the league next season, and the board have made this my aim.

Squad

squadt.th.jpg

I was way to reliant on Anderson, and although he produced the goods, it was impossible for him to lead us by himself. I am extremely disappointed at the fact I only had six different scores throughout the season, and that is probably why I didn't win the league. I feel a complete overhaul of the squad is needed, especially in defence. Anderson is the only untouchable player to be quite honest.

Play-Offs

playoffsy.jpg

I thought I was on my way out after losing the semi-final first leg 2-0, but a change in tactics saw me destroy Feralpi Saló with an emphatic win. I was confident of getting promoted after that win, but Alto Adige had other ideas. The first leg finished 2-2 (I didn't realise it was a two-legged final :rolleyes:) and Alto Adige destroyed me in the second leg. The scoreline is completely flattering to my team to be perfectly honest.

Aims for Next Season

• Promotion.
  • Work on a successful tactic.
  • Sort out my corner routine - no goals from corners were scored ALL season.

• 2 weeks later...

Did your research take you to this website:

http://www.runofplay.com/2009/04/23/pro-vercelli-the-ghosts-of-1910/ ?

Ye gods, Pro Vercelli's history of a century ago is astonishing. I love the way the website blurs real life and FM, but in this case real life is so extreme it can't be re-enacted in FM. If only WE could put out a team of 10-15 year olds!

Archived