+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [FM10] As great a manager as Clough not yet but maybe.

Amateur

Default [FM10] As great a manager as Clough not yet but maybe.

This is the first time that I have done a Career post / story so please bare with me. This is going to be a Journeyman career. This is something that is exciting me and looking at others post their careers made me want to do this. I have one objective and that is to be as sucsessful a manager as the great Brian Clough or even Sir Alex.

I am using version 10.1.0. Data is unedited
    Loaded are the following leagues
    England down to Blue Square North and South
    Ireland down to First division
    Scotland down to Third division
    Italy down to Serie B
    Spain down to LIGA adelante

I will be starting unemployed with a reputation of Sunday League Footballer. I will also aim to follow the LLM rules.

I will be posting screenshots during updates that I will do at least twice a season.

So the career begins.....

The 30 year old English manager starts job hunting and suddenly October 2009 Mark Simpson is fired by Bishop's Stortford and they take a risk on the inexperienced English man. The deal that Page has signed will take him June 2012 on a reported wage of £425 per week.

Brief History of the club

Bishop's Stortford F.C. is a football club based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, England, currently members of the Conference South (since 2004).

They were established in 1874 and were the last winners of the FA Amateur Cup in 1974. In 1981 they were the first team outside the top level of non-league football to win the FA Trophy. They managed to reach the 3rd Round of the FA Cup in the 1982-83 season. In 1999 the club played Chertsey Town in what was the last Association Football League match to be played in the 20th century in England.

The club gained promotion from the Isthmian League First Division in 2002. The club finished high enough in the Premier Division to become founder members of the new Conference South in 2004. In 2006-07 season the club missed out on promotion to the Conference National when they lost in the play-offs. They are regarded as a good family club.

Honours

English FA Trophy Winners - 1981
    English Isthmian League Premier Division Third Place - 1974
    English Isthmian League First Division Winner - 1981, 1994
    English Isthmian League First Division Runners up - 2002

Bishop's Stortford October 2009 -

On arrival the club are sitting 21st in the league with the board expecting a respectable league position but they have said that they will not judge me on this.
    The club were already out of the FA Cup in the 4th Qual. Round.
    The club were in the FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Round and a fixture home to Bath awaits.

First Impressions

On arrival and knowing that I have not managed in these kind of leagues before I will be happy to use this season to settle into the job and understand how things work in the lower leagues. So my goal and target is to make sure that the team avoid relegation. Looking at the squad I am quite happy at what I see and there are two names that stand out in the squad that actually quite excite me. Charlie Sheringham and Roy Essandoh.

Both of these players give me hope that with these strikers I will get some goals.

The board have provided:
    Transfer fund - £0
    Wage fund - £91 over budget.

So there is not much to play with. I will provide a further update on January 1st and any comments that anyone wants to make are welcome.

Code:

Season     Club                     League        Final Lg Poss.     Acheivements
    09/10      Bishop's Stortford       BSS           19                    -
    10/11      Bishop's Stortford       BSS           4*                    Play-Off winners and promoted
    11/12      Bishop's Stortford       BSP           16                    FA Trophy Winners
    12/13      Bishop's Stortford       BSP           -                     Nov '12 - Left to join Carlisle United
    12/13      Carlisle United          LG2           22                    -
    13/14      Carlisle United          LG2           19                    -
    14/15      Carlisle United          LG2           -                     Sept '14 - Resigned as manager.
    14/15      Scunthorpe United        LG1           13                    Joined September 2014
    15/16      Scunthorpe United        LG1           9                     -
    16/17      QPR                      LG1           2                     Promoted to Championship
    17/18      QPR                      CCC           5                     Promoted to Premier League via Play Offs
    18/19      QPR                      EPL           12                    Qualified for Europe through Fair play.
    19/20      QPR                      EPL           13                    -
    20/21      QPR                      EPL           3 (When left)         Left to join Fiorentina Nov 2020
    20/21      Fiorentina               SA            17                    -
    21/22      Fiorentina               SA            10                    -
    22/23      Fiorentina               SA            1                     Italian Champions (Serie A)
    23/24      Fiorentina               SA            5 (When left)         Left to join Man United
    23/24      Man Utd                  EPL           4                     -
    24/25      Man Utd                  EPL           2                     League Cup Winners
    25/26      Man Utd                  EPL           1                     EPL Champions, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners
    26/27      Man Utd                  EPL           1                     EPL Champions, Champions Cup, FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield Winners
    27/28      Man Utd                  EPL           1                     EPL Champions, Champions, FA and League Cup, Euro Super Cup, World club champions, Community Shield
    28/29      Man Utd                  EPL           1                     EPL Champions, League Cup, World Club champions, Community Shield
    29/30      At. Madrid               LaLiga        8 (When Left)         Resigned
    29/30      Liverpool                EPL           5                     Joined November
    30/31      Liverpool                EPL           8                     Euro Cup winner

*Deducted 10 points for going into recievership
    Code:
    Trophy Cabinet

Club
    European Champions Cup          2027, 2028
    Euro Cup (Europa league)        2030
    Premier League                  2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
    Seria A                         2023
    FA Cup                          2026, 2027, 2028
    League Cup                      2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029
    Community Shield                2026, 2027, 2028
    European Super Cup              2027
    Club World Champions            2027. 2028
    FA Trophy                       2012

International
    2025     Confederation Cup     England
    2029     Confederation Cup     England
    2026     World Cup             England
    2030     World Cup             England
    Last edited by Paggioram; 17-09-2010 at 15:23.

Amateur

Default Re: As great a manager as Clough not yet but maybe.

Stortford! My home town team \0/

Good luck with them Paggioram

International Squad

Nigel or Brian?

Amateur

While in Non League Nigel but once in leagues Sir Brian

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Thread titles a mouth full

Good luck with this

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford - Jan 2010 update

Well been in charge for two months and all I can say is this has been alot harder than I thought. This first two months have not been the usual new manager comes in a form just changes. There has had to be the first attempts at reshaping the squad and getting in some new players to help the squad as the team was weak and to be fair I do feel that my scouts have found some decent new players who I think will come good and help towards a better second half of the season.

Blue Square South

I joined Bishop's Stortford with them sitting firmly in the relegation zone in 21st place and now on January 1st I can say with a little pride they now sit.......
    21st 10 points adrift of safety but over the last few weeks there have been what can only be called signs of improvment and hope for the second half of the season.
    Current league record is Played 12 won 1 Drew 5 lost 6
    This is not a great record so far but I do feel that turn some draws into wins then my target of staying up is still very much possible.

FA Trophy

Well I drew Bath in 3rd Qual. Round and after 90 mins at home it finished 1-1 with us scoring a dramatic last min equaliser by Roy Essandoh.
    However in the replay at Bath it was 0-0 at full time and went to extra time but a 119 min goal by Jim Rollo saw Bath go through and leave me to concentrate on the league which is a good thing. The club went out of the FA Cup before I joined.

Transfers

As I said I had no money so all the signings I have made are all free signings.

So that is all that has happened so far but I know that I am in trouble but I still think that I can save the club from relegation...

I will update at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Paggioram; 04-12-2009 at 12:26.

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford 09 - 10 - End of Season Review

Bishop's season is now complete and with it the end of the Blue Square South season. At the start of the season many had thought that Bishop's Stortford could make mid table but with a chance of sneaking the playoffs but the season started badly and the decision was made to fire Mark Simpson at the end of October sitting in 21st. They then appointed unknown manager Joe Page who again start life as a manager and started life as Manager of Bishop's Stortford badly and come the turn of the year were still 21st and 10 points adrift. As the season ended the club had a amazing turn around Only lost 4 matches since Feb 1st and this form saw Bishop's finish 19th in the league.

History was also made with striker Lewis Smith becoming the all time leading scorer for the club and also the Blue Square South's Top Goal Scorer with 21 goals in the league and 22 in all competions. He became the all time leading goal scorer taking his total for his Bishop's Stortford career to 33 goals in 45 games.
    Additionally Lewis Smith also picked up the award for Blue Square South Player of the season.
    Also fans player of the season.

However myself as manager have put the turn around of the season down to the purchase of two players in the second half of the season. My scouts were sent to find me a new goalkeeper and a new striker and the arrival of these two for me have been the difference and what gives me confidence for the next season.

Goal Keeper:- Preston Edwards

Striker:- Joe Watson

So overall I am happy with the fact that we have stayed up and it has given me a fantastic insight into the lower leagues and what I need to do to sucseed. What this season has also told me is that I was right to try this Journeyman career. There is no doubt this has been hard but this really has been the biggest achievement and the most satisfying achievement I have ever had in the whole of the CM/FM series. I am feeling very positive for the new season.

Rest of the leagues and world

Premierleague
    Winners: Liverpool
    Others qualified for Champions League: Man Utd (Winners of Champions League), Arsenal (2nd) and Chelsea (3rd)
    Relegated: Birmingham, Blackburn and Hull

Championship
    Winners: Newcastle
    Promoted: Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough
    Relegated: Doncaster, Scunthorpe and Barnsley

League 1
    Winners: Charlton
    Promoted: Leeds and Norwich
    Relegated: Carlise, Yeovil, Wycombe and Brentford

League 2
    Winners: Notts County
    Promoted: Port Vale, Rotherham and Northampton
    Relegated: Aldershot and Barnet

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Cambridge
    Promoted: Luton
    Relegated: Salisbury, Chester, Grays and Hayes and Yeading

Blue Square North
    Winners: Fleetwood
    Promoted: Corby
    Relegated: Harrogate, Gloucester and Redditch

Blue Square South
    Winners: Bromley
    Promoted: Woking
    Relegated: Maidenhead, Newport County and Welling

Cup Winners
    World Cup: Argentina
    FA Cup: Chelsea
    League Cup: Chelsea
    JPT: Leeds
    Community Shield: Man Utd
    FA Trophy: Histon
    European Cup: Man Utd
    Euro Cup: Lyon

Next Update: Start of 10 - 11 Season.
    Last edited by Paggioram; 07-12-2009 at 00:27.

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford - Season 10 - 11 - Start of season

Board Expectation: Safe Mid Table
    FA Cup: 4th Qual. Round
    FA Trophy: 1st Round
    Media Pred: 16th

Transfer Budget: 0
    Wage: £4.8k per week
    Current Wage Spend: £5.8k per week.

Current Manager Rep: Unproven

So as you can see the board have cut my wage budget and again I have nothing to spend however I am still feeling positive about the new season. I will be happy with Mid Table but I really do think I can finish in the top 10 or push the playoffs. However I might regret that come January. I am certain that there will be no transfer activity unless someone special comes along and I can find the budget.

This will be the season that will make or break my career by the end of this season I think I might have a idea of the level of manager I will end up. By the end of this season I will also decide if I should be looking for a new job.

Targets for new season
    1) Slim down squad size.
    2) Get wages under control
    3) Top 10 finish

Next update: Jan 2011.
    Last edited by Paggioram; 04-12-2009 at 12:21.

Amateur

Career Update

Well I was not going to update till January however 28th October 2010 the Bishop's Stortford manager has shocked the league by taking his team that just avoided relegation last season to the top of Blue Square South but has also made the First Round of the FA Cup.

However I have a decision to make as I have just been approached by Inverness Caledonian Thistle who are in Scotland First Division. They are currently 9th (or Second Bottom) and have a transfer fund. It would be a wage cut though.

I have decided though to continue my Bishop's Stortford reign and I will continue my journey later I just feel that I am on the verge of something here.

Additional update we are now out of the FA Cup in the First Round with a 1 - 0 Loss against Wrexham away. I am not to much upset with this because we dominatated the game with 55 % of poss. and we had 4 CCC to their 1 CCC so we just could not finish but I am happy as I have exceeded what the board wanted.

Also I am not going to update this till the end of the season or if something of intrest happens.

Last edited by Paggioram; 04-12-2009 at 12:22.

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford 10-11 - End of Season Review

What can I say what a season in many ways alot more drama than any soap opera. As I said at the start of the season there was yet again no money but there was also no wages as we were over budget and with that alot of players out of contract were release from the club to free up some wages but this made the team very small and compact. However as I stated my target for the season was to go for mid table or maybe sneak the play offs but as the season started we got a amazing start and went top of the league in early october however as injuries mounted up I was seriously struggling and soon by the end of January we had dropped to second and replaced by Chelmsford who never left the top of the league and went on to become champions.
    We held Second place then until towards the end of the season when the club went into recievership and were deducted 10 points and managed to finish 4th and went on to the play offs. Additional to the league Bishop's have exceeded the boards expectations with a First round exit in the FA Cup (away at Wrexham) and FA Trophy 3rd round exit (away at Bromley).

Transfers

Play-Offs

Play-Offs First Leg Home vs Salisbury - Drew 0-0
    Play-Offs Second Leg Away vs Salisbury - Won 1-0 (Hegarty 113 min pen)
    Play-Off Final vs Merthyr - Won 1-0 (Watson 28 mins)

BISHOP'S STORTFORD PROMOTED TO BLUE SQUARE PREMIER!

Key Players of the season

1) Joe Watson - Fans player of the year

Great Irish striker whos goals have been invaluable with last seasons sensation Lewis Smith has been out long term injured. Goal Scoring record 32 goals in 39 apperances also with 15 assists rating 7.30.

2) Preston Edwards

Fantastic Goal keeper who has kept us in so many games he arrived on a free transfer towards the end of the 09-10 season and this season has gone to new levels in my opinion should be player of the year. 53 Games 46 conceeded 23 clean sheets rating of 6.92.

3) Micheal Synnott

Arrived this season on a free and has been Mr Consistant in defence as the new left back. 49 played no goals and 4 assists with a rating of 7.13.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Winners: Chelsea
    Relegated: Wigan, Stoke, Portsmouth

Championship
    Winners: Birmingham
    Promoted: Hull, Blackburn
    Relegated: Swansea, Preston, Derby

League 1
    Winners: Southampton
    Promoted: Huddersfield, Swindon
    Relegated: Port Vale, Walsall, Northampton, Exeter

League 2
    Winners: Shrewsbury
    Promoted: Lincoln, Yeovil, Torquay
    Relegated: Accrington, Macclesfield

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Rushden
    Promoted: Mansfield
    Relegated: Barrow, Altrincham, Tamworth, Eastbourne Boro

Blue Square North
    Winners: Stafford
    Promoted: Southport
    Relegated: Solihull Moors, Boston Utd, Guiseley

Blue Square South
    Winners: Chelmsford
    Promoted: Bishop's Stortford
    Relegated: AFC Hornchurch, Tonbridge, St. Albans

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Man City
    League Cup: Arsenal
    JPT: Barnsley
    Community Shield: Liverpool
    FA Trophy: Aldershot
    European Cup: Chelsea
    Euro Cup: Valencia
    Club World Champions: Man Utd
    European Super Cup: Lyon

Last edited by Paggioram; 07-12-2009 at 00:29.

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford - Season 11-12 - Start of season

Board Expectation: Fight Bravely against relegation
    FA Cup: 1st Round
    FA Trophy: 2nd Round
    Media Pred: 21st

Wage: £6.25k
    Current Wage Spend: £6.12k

Current Manager Rep: Unproven

This is the final year of my contract so this is the season I need to decide where my future lies. I really do feel that this is going to be one of those long hard seasons with not being able to bring that much in so need just a little bit of luck on our side.
    My Target has to be to survive and if I want a job further up the food chain survive well and maybe surprise a few people in the cup. This season I can't help but think might be make or break.

Targets for season
    1) Survive
    2) Decent cup runs

Amateur

Breaking news!

Bishop's Stortford chairman Luigi Del Basso has sold the club to a fellow director Matty Bratt. First thing that the new chairman has said is that there will be no fresh investment.

I am a little disappointed to see Luigi go because even in recievership he refinanced the club and has always stood by decisions so lets see what happens with the new guy.

League update currently sitting 15th 9 points off the play offs but more important 14 points clear of relegation zone. We are about to go into January so with a bit of luck I might be able to sneak the play offs.

FA Cup went out in the 4th qual. round after a replay.
    Still in FA Trophy going into 2nd round.

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford 11-12 - End of Season review

Well what can be said about this season. As I said before this was the final season of my first contract and I had decided before that this season was going to either make me or break me and you know what I think it has made me. For all the last three seasons I have been a unproven manager but at the end of this season I am now regional and that means I might be able to gain a better job. However over to the season.
    As I said the target was to survive and to be fair we survived quite well with a 16th place finish and clear of the relegation zone which made the board and fans very happy and this was done again with no transfer funds and over the wage budget. 11 players were released and in came 3 players (Elias Wagner, Jordy Brouwer and Mansour Assoumani).

Not much to report however in the FA cup where I went out in the Fourth Qual. Round away at Chelmsford 1-0. However the FA Trophy we went in to and won and won well including eliminating Oxford in the Semi Finals who were the leagues run away leaders so that is my first real trophy for Bishop's Stortford and my first real trophy as a manager.

Other things of intrest is the board takeover by another director. I was also offered a new three year deal but I did negotiate it down to a single year deal because I am not sure if it is time to make the move because if I can't expand the squad with some quality I can see another year in the blue square premier.

Key Players

1) Joe Watson - Fans Player of the year

Another great goal scoring season for the little sensation with 28 goals and 12 assists in 55 games with a average rating of 7.07. He is by far one of my greatest FM signings.

2) Elias Wagner

Incredable winger who has been a bit of a revalation with 16 assists and been a very key player in both the league and FA Trophy.

3) Ronan Ivory

Has been a player who I have had on the bench for all the season previous and started the season on the bench but when he broke into the first team he has been a sensation and it will be very difficult for someone to take him out of the team.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Winners: Man Utd
    Relegated: Hull, Sheff Utd, Blackburn

Championship
    Winners: Stoke
    Promoted: Nott'm Forest, Leeds
    Relegated: Charlton, Blackpool, Swindon

League 1
    Winners: Derby
    Promoted: Millwall, Colchester
    Relegated: Shrewsbury, Yeovil, Lincoln, Tranmere

League 2
    Winners: Walsall
    Promoted: Chesterfield, Luton, Bradford
    Relegated: Hereford, Dag & Red

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Oxford
    Promoted: York
    Relegated: Southport, AFC Wimbledon, Crawley, Corby

Blue Square North
    Winners: AFC Telford
    Promoted: Worcester

Blue Square South
    Winners: Dover
    Promoted: Weymouth

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Liverpool
    League Cup: Tottenham
    JPT: Swansea
    Community Shield: Man City
    FA Trophy: Bishop's Stortford
    European Cup: Man Utd
    Euro Cup: Man City
    Club World Champions: Chelsea
    European Super Cup: Chelsea
    European Championships 2012: Italy

Amateur

Bishop's Stortford - Season 12-13 - Start of season

Board Expectation: Safe Mid-Table position
    FA Cup: 1st Round
    FA Trophy: 3rd Round
    Media Pred: 17th

Wage: 6.2k
    Current Wage Spend: 6.7k

Current Manager Rep: Regional

Well I really think this is going to be a real challenge because the board want something more than last season and again there is no cash available and again before we start I need to get the wage budget down. However I have two great home preseason friendlies against Arsenal and Sturm Graz. As it looks like I am not going to be able to bring in the quality so again I will target to stay in the league and target better than 16th. I am looking to try and get to a round of the FA Cup that causes a money spinner and who knows lets have another crack at the FA Trophy.
    I only have this year for a contract so lets see what happens from here.

Amateur

November update

Joe Page has left Bishop's Stortford and signed for League Two Carlisle United. After meeting the press he said that it was with heavy heart that he has left Bishop's Stortford and that he will forever hold the club in high regard but the lure of a league two side was to hard to turn down.

The season so far for Manager Joe Page at Bishop's Stortford has been another surprise one he leaves Bishop's Stortford 10th in Blue Square Premier only 4 points off the play offs. Still in the FA Cup in the 1st Round but in need of a replay.

However after 1111 days in charge with a record at Bishop's Stortford of Games: 160 Won: 65 Drew: 46 Lost: 49 Goals For: 253 (1.6 p/m) Goals Against: 205 (1.3 p/m) Difference: + 48.

While there I got Bishop's Stortford Promoted via the play offs and won a FA Trophy but have departed 12th November 2012.

Amateur

Carlisle United - Season 12-13 - Joined November 2012

Board Expectation: Win Promotion
    FA Cup: 2nd Round
    League Cup: Enjoy it
    Johnson Paint Trophy: 2nd Round
    Media Pred: 6th

Wage: 21.9k
    Current Wage Spend: 22.3k

Stadium: Brunton Park
    Capacity: 18,000 (8000 seated)
    Current Average Att: 4416
    Season Ticket Holders: 1864

Managers Wage: £675
    Contract Length: 2.8 years contract

Brief History of club

The club was formed on 17 May 1904 at Shaddongate United's Annual General Meeting[1] when the club's members voted to change the club's name to Carlisle United. The newly formed club initially played at Milhome Bank and later at Devonshire Park, finally settling at their current home Brunton Park situated on Warwick Road.
    There is a myth that still persists to this day that the club was formed from the amalgamation of Shaddongate United and Carlisle Red Rose. Carlisle United actually defeated Carlisle Red Rose 3-0 in the 1905/06 FA Cup.
    Carlisle were elected to the Football League Third Division North in 1928 replacing Durham City. They won their first game in the league, the side of Prout, Coulthard, Cook, Harrison, Ross, Pigg, Agar, Hutchison, McConnell, Ward and Watson beating Accrington Stanley 3-2.
    Carlisle were members of the Third Division (North) until 1958, and Fourth Division until they won their first promotion in 1962. They won consecutive promotions in 1964 and 1965, and established themselves as a Second Division side. They were promoted to the First Division for the 1974-75 season. They won their first three fixtures of the campaign to top the table, but finished the season in bottom place and were relegated.
    Another relegation followed in 1977 before returning to the Second Division in 1982 under Bob Stokoe. With players like Malcolm Poskett and Tommy Craig, they mounted a promotion challenge in the 1983-84 season but finished 7th after a late slump, and consecutive relegations followed in 1986 and 1987.

Honours

Coca Cola League 1 Winners: 1965
    Coca Cola League 1 Runners Up: 1982
    Coca Cola League 2 Winners: 1995, 2006
    Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up: 1964
    JPT Winners: 1997
    JPT Runners Up: 1995, 2003, 2006

Managers Thoughts

Firstly the board do not expect me to achieve anything so there is no pressure on me this season. They are currently 17th in Coca Cola League 2 but only 6 points off the play offs. As I look at the squad the main players are getting on a little bit in Ian Harte, Graham Kavanagh and Paul Thirwell.

The main problem I can see is that this squad are not great at scoring goals and that is something that I need to address. None of my backroom staff from Bishop's Stortford are coming with me but some of my players might just join in the January transfer window if I can find some cash. I am looking forward to this challenge as the only thing I need to worry about is the league as we are out of all the other cups. So anyway onto this new challenge I will give you all a update some stage in January.

Last edited by Paggioram; 18-12-2009 at 12:41.

Amateur

Carlisle United 12-13 - End of Season review

What can I say about this season or half season. Well after a first half of the season at Bishop's Stortford and over achieving again and had all the feelings of a promotion year or a play off run I get offered a chance to manage in the leagues with Carlisle so I pack my bags for the chance to be a league manager and the extra £125 per week (I was not really focused on the money). OH MY GOD I MADE A MISTAKE!.

I took over and the squad was in turmoil. They were expected to gain promotion so all I can say is thank god the board were not judging me. There was no confidence, no money and over wage budget and no player wanted to sign. Goals were the biggest issue well lack of. When I joined in November they had one striker who had not played all season and they had only scored 9 all season to that date. I took over and went with the formation that had bought me joy as Bishop's Stortford a nice simple 442 but this team could not defend and before I know it I was stuck in a huge relegation battle that I did not expect. I moved away from the trusted 442 eventually to a very defensive park the bus style formation just to try and pick up a few clean sheets which did come. So after this half season of hell we have managed to stay up with a 0-0 on the last day of the season to mean we finished 3rd bottom and out of the relegation zone.

Unless I can do some building and get confidence up next season will be the same as this and I know for a fact if that is the case I might just pack my bags and move on. This has been a bigger challenge and a bigger disappointment than my time at Stortford and I am starting to think that the football world are seeing me as a lower league manager who is able to just about work without money. I think my ambitious goal of being a great manager like Clough or Ferguson who built a legacy might be in danger but not giving up all hope yet.

Key Players

1) Lenny Pidgeley

Has done well for me. He dropped out of the side to make way for a new keeper but when the keeper got a knock Lenny came back in to the side and never looked back and looked very solid so I think he was one of my stars.

2) Paul Sludden

The clubs one and only striker who never played he came into the side and has been brilliant for us. He got 18 goals in the end so a credit to the team.

3) Tom Aldred Fans player of the year

By no means spectacular as a defender but has been solid and a definite player who I think will improve. He is someone I will be watching going forward.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Winners: Tottenham
    Relegated:Birmingham, Newcastle, Stoke

Championship
    Winners: Blackburn
    Promoted: Sheff Utd, Wigan
    Relegated:Crystal Palace, Millwall, Coventry

League 1
    Winners: Charlton
    Promoted: Preston, Doncaster
    Relegated:Bradford, MK Dons, Hartlepool, Luton

League 2
    Winners: Grimsby
    Promoted: Bournemouth, Rushden, Port Vale
    Relegated:York, Yeovil

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Barnet
    Promoted: Kettering
    Relegated:Chelmsford, Worcester, Weymouth, AFC Telford

Blue Square North
    Winners: Southport
    Promoted:Barrow

Blue Square South
    Winners: Basingstoke
    Promoted:Crawley

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Chelsea
    League Cup: Man City
    JPT: Preston
    FA Trophy: Gateshead
    European Cup: Juventus
    Euro Cup: Anderlecht
    Club World Champions: Man Utd
    European Super Cup:Man Utd

Last edited by Paggioram; 18-12-2009 at 14:07.

Part-Timer

Had a brief spell with The Blue Army in my 09 game. Good luck - you'll most likely need it.

International Squad

Looks like you're going towards Nigel rather than Brian.

Amateur

Even Brian had dodgy moments. I will finish my update shortly.

Amateur

Carlisle United - Season 13-14 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Safe Mid-Table
    League Cup: Enjoy the experience
    Media Pred: 15th

Wage: 14.6k
    Current Wage Spend: 19.1k

So here we go the first full season in charge of Carlisle and now I am being judged. If this is going to be anything like my Bishop's Stortford career this might be one hell of a ride. Yet again I have no cash to spend but now I need to get my wage bill down and also the age of my squad is getting silly so I need to get that down. There is no doubt in my mind that I can get this team into a safe mid table spot but if I could get a little luck I could push on.

I really want to surprise people this season and have some good cup runs to get the club some money to help us move on. I am happy and a little positive that this season could be a good one but I think I also now know for sure that this will be the season that could see me fired and sent back down to non league so I need to get this right.

PLEASE NOTE: That from this season I am using 10.2.0.
    Last edited by Paggioram; 18-12-2009 at 13:05.

Amateur

This is a good read

You have had so much drama in just a few seasons. I bet you were gutted when you got the points deduction at Bishop's Stortford.

Are Carlisle's finances in the red? or are things a bit more stable?

Amateur

Thanks for the comments WH glad you are enjoying it.

Yeah I was a real pain the points deduction but it all still ended well and we still got promoted.

Calisle's finances were bad when I joined and are still bad and seem to be a little worse to be honest. £747,000 in the red and a chairman that says he will not leave by his own volition so I should not expect a takeover so it is going to be a fight to make sure we dont go into admin because a point deduction this season might kill me.

Amateur

Hello again,

Just to answer your question about the links to screenshots in text.

[URL=http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2116/transfers1011.jpg] Transfers [/url] would give you the following. Transfers.

When linking it this way it might be better to selest a bigger size in Image shacks resizing options as you upload. I hope this make sense. If not let me know and i'll try again. ( I'm not always too good at explaining things)

I'll be following
    Last edited by WH; 18-12-2009 at 13:34.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Nice little career you have got going here Paggioram!

Hope to see Carlisle become a dominant force in the Coca Cola League 2!

Amateur

Thanks Saxonaitor much appreciated. Long way to go yet but it is a start.

Amateur

Carlisle United 13-14 - End of Season review

What have I done!!!

To say the move to Carlisle was the biggest mistake in my career so far would be a understatment. This has been the single biggest learning curve of my life and has taught me to be more picky in the future about the teams I manage. The first year and a half of my career at Carlisle have been a waste and is time I will never get back and also I still have a year to run. I have already decided that unless something miraculas happens (and it is Christmas so you never know) I will not be renewing my contract and will be moving to pastures new I will even consider going back to non league because this time here has caused mental scarring.

OK suppose I have to talk about the season. I managed to surprise a few people and go one round further than the board wanted in the league cup and met the expectations in the FA cup and JPT. The league well I have not been any higher than 12th and that was only for a week but also there has never been any indication that this would be a relegation season and to be fair after August I really though if I finish bottom I would have over achieved.

The season previous I had been under wage budget so at the start of the season the board increased their expectations and lowered my wage budget so I was just short of 5k over budget. So this needed to be addressed of my entire squad only two players would take a pay cut and the rest either wanted a rise or to stay the same so the clear out had to happen. All players with any skill or ability left the club and this finally put us in wage budget but still no transfer funds. No players were able to join the club because of wage demands so in come five players on loan just to give me a chance all the rest were players of a similar standard of that I had at Bishop's Stortford the only advantage I gained were the two who accepted pay cuts were my star striker (Paul Sluddon) who managed 19 and my keeper (Lenny Pigeley). Only once this season have I been able to put out a full bench of 7 and there were no quality subs.

This summer is going to be significant because if the board lower my wage budget again this club are dead and even David Blaine or David Copperfield would struggle to turn it around. Still the club are losing money even under the wage budget it is that bad that I have a poor pitch and the board are refusing to change it due to finances. Like someone else here has said it is not about the start it is about the Journey and that is what I keep telling myself.

On a intresting note my old boys Bishop's Stortford managed the Semi Finals of the play-offs only failing on penalties.

League Table

Key Players-Player of the Year - Lenny Pidgeley

1) Paul Sludden

Another great season and to me he was my player of the season. Without him I really think there would have been no form of excitment in the season. In 38 games he scored 20 assisted 6 average rating of 7.04.

2) Chris Hathaway

For a 19 year old this was a good breakout year for him. Not outstanding but steady. I think he might develop into some player.

3) Kevan Hurst

My main assist scorer but as far as I am concerned he was not spectacular but was alway a threat. Next season well lets see shall we.

I did not class Lenny as one of my three because he conceeded 51 goals and really from what I saw some of the losses were down to him.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Winners: Man City
    Relegated: Blackburn, Leeds, Nott'm Forest

Championship
    Promoted: Newcastle, Bristol City
    Relegated: Preston, Doncaster, Colchester

League 1
    Winners: Coventry
    Promoted: Notts County, Rotherham
    Relegated: Rushden, Leyton Orient, Chesterfield, Grimsby

League 2
    Winners: Exeter
    Promoted: Hartlepool, Bradford, Northampton
    Relegated: Tranmere, Cheltenham

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Hereford
    Promoted: Dag & Red
    Relegated: Dover, Barrow, Stevenage, Forest Green

Blue Square North
    Winners: Chester
    Promoted: AFC Telford

Blue Square South
    Winners: AFC Wimbledon
    Promoted:Grays

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Tottenham
    League Cup: Tottenham
    JPT: Scunthorpe
    Community Shield: Tottenham
    FA Trophy: Dag & Red
    European Cup: Genoa
    Euro Cup: Inter Milan
    Club World Champions: Juventus
    European Super Cup: Anderlecht
    World Cup: Brazil

Last edited by Paggioram; 23-12-2009 at 01:06.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Must of been a boring year in England with no promotion or relagation

Amateur

I decided during my dinner at work to do the write up and I forgot to actually bring the details or upload my screen shots doh!. I will do them later because anything has to be more intresting than my season.

Amateur

Carlisle United - Season 14-15 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Safe Mid-Table
    League Cup: Enjoy the experience

Wage: 12.2k
    Current Wage Spend: 15.5k

Here we go another season but this season is the final of my contract and yet again I need to get the wages down and work again on a shoe string.

So my target yet again is fight like hell to stay in this league and just keep fighting to turn the club into something. I am all but certain that this will be my final season at Carlisle as I really do think I have not progressed. So lets see what the season brings shall we.

Amateur

Breaking news - Sept 2014

The Carlisle knightmare is over!

The poor start to the season as expected after manager Joe Page got the wages under control and the club started to make a profit the news kept reporting that if the team lost again he could be sacked so for the sake of his reputation has resigned from the club. On leaving he side whos average age is now 21 said as he departed that this had been a very difficult time at the club while it is in transition and wished them well for the future.

To be fair this new young squad of players from my youth system has got me quite excited about this but to be fair this Carlisle adventure was never right so this is really best for everyone.

Carlisle Record

663 days in charge

Played 91 Won 21 Drew 23 Lost 47 Goals For 103 (1.1 p/match) Goals against 167 (1.8 p/Match) Goal difference -64

So where next? ..........

Amateur

So not out of work for long as four days later!!!

Scunthorpe United - Season 14-15 - Joined September 2014

Board Expectation: Respectable
    FA Cup: 3rd Round
    League Cup: 2nd Round (not judged)
    Johnson Paint Trophy: Semi Final
    Media Pred: 13th

Transfer Budget: £44k
    Wage: 33.9k
    Current Wage Spend: 35k

Stadium: Glanford Park
    Capacity: 9183 (7000 seated)
    Current Average Att: 4189

Managers Wage: £750 per week
    Contract Length: 2 years contract

Brief History of club

Founded in 1899, Scunthorpe United are a professional English club currently playing in the Coca-Cola League 1.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000's and their last competition win coming as recently as 2014, The Iron are a club with a growing history. Scunthorpe won the English 3rd tier for the only time in 2007, finishing runners-up in English 4th tier for the only time in 2005, and won the Johnstone's paint Trophy in 2014 and finished runners-up once.

Honours

Coca-Cola League 1 Winners: 2007
    Coca-Cola League 2 Runner up: 2005
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners: 2014
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Runner Up: 2009

Managers Thoughts

Ok a fresh start and I am happy for it and now I hope I can really crack on with my career. Not only did the club get rid of their manager they also got rid of their assistant manager the b********. So inside knowledge in the team has gone so back to Carlisle to take David Bayliss because we did work well and his stats are quite good.

The club are currently 13th in league 1 but only 2 points off playoffs. More positive though I have a transfer budget fantastic but over wage budget but I will address this as I am getting good at dealing with over budget. There is also a couple of youngsters at Carlisle I will attempt to bring here in Jan. So here we go this I hope will be a season to remember and I can put the knightmare of the last two years behind me.

First Team Regular

So you failed upward?

Amateur

Yes I did which to be fair shocked me because they had a manager when I resigned. I declaired intrest and expected them to laugh at me but they fired him and approached me the day after. So luck is with me so far.

Amateur

Really a great read this cheers !

Amateur

Thanks DAZZELLBRUSH much appreicated.

Amateur

Finally you could be away from money problems and be able to concentrate on the football side of things. Hope it goes well with Scunthorpe

Amateur

I have to get the wage budget under control and help the club start a profit but It is nice to concentrate on the football side of things and the results I am seeing are very promising. The major thing for me is that I just paid out my first transfer fee for a player as I have bought the right winger from Bishop's Stortford who I bought there so many years ago now.

As there are more people enjoying this I am going to add another update in January from next season if people would like me to.

Amateur

Scunthorpe United 14-15 - End of Season review

For the first ime since I left Bishop's Stortford I am happy at a club and I feel content. This is a club who I would like to turn into a force and get them into the Championship and might take a big club to drag me away from here.

To discuss the season once I took over we have been sat in the playoff spots for a long time but towards the end of the season we did drop off but it all seemed to coincide with injuries to my key defenders. Through the season my home form with brilliant but my away form dropped off and it is something that I will need to address if we are to meet my goals.

League Progress

There is not much else I can say about this season as the cups were a no go but last season was to find my feet. The major highlight though for me is that for the first time in the whole of my journey I have spent money and bought a player that player is Elias Wagner from Bishop's Stortford for 100k. I had bought Elias to the country originally and he has been worth it.

Just a quick note on my previous clubs:
    Bishop's Stortford - Have been relegated back to Blue Square South in the last season. This is sad to see but I have confidence that they will bounce back.

Carlisle - Still in league 2 but have done nothing else.

League Table

Key Players-Player of the Year - David Vaughan

1) David Vaughan

Captain fantastic he has been for me. He has been solid and controlled my midfield for me. 42 games 6 goals 8 assists 4 mom 7.17 average rating.

2) Sam Togwell

Has been a rock as a holding midfielder. He has been the key to helping the defence out of alot of situations and has been a credit to the team.
    40 games 3 goals 4 assists 2 mom 7.11 average rating.

3) Elias Wagner

Truth is if he had been at the club from the start of the season he would have been the player of the year. I wondered to myself if he could make the step up and he could and I think did it in style.
    20 games 6 goals 1 assist 4 mom 7.07 average rating.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Relegated: Wigan, Newcastle, Bristol City

Championship
    Winners: Leeds
    Promoted: Blackburn, Stoke
    Relegated: Notts County, Sheff Wed, Rotherham

League 1
    Winners: Preston
    Promoted: Colchester, Barnsley
    Relegated: Torquay, Oldham, Blackpool, Port Vale

League 2
    Winners: Luton
    Promoted: Rushden, Grimsby, Crewe
    Relegated: Hereford, Brentford

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Yeovil
    Promoted: Tranmere
    Relegated: Bromley, Bishop's Stortford, Gateshead, Aldershot

Blue Square North
    Winners: Nuneaton
    Promoted: Droylsden

Blue Square South
    Winners: Dorchester
    Promoted: Weymouth

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Man Utd
    League Cup: Wolves
    JPT: Colchester
    Community Shield: Tottenham
    FA Trophy: Crawley
    European Cup: Lyon
    Euro Cup: Aston Villa
    Club World Champions: Genoa
    European Super Cup: Genoa

Amateur

Scunthorpe United - Season 15-16 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Safe Mid Table
    League Cup: 2nd Round
    Johnson Paint Trophy: Semi Final

Wage: 19.9k
    Current Wage Spend: 26.8k

So yet again I have a financial situation to enjoy. However this time it does not worry me because I am use to this. I think I am the man they turn to when they need finances sorting. Before this news hit me I had signed two players on pre contracts at the end of their contracts they are Scunthorpe Legend Gary Hooper and now experienced Midfielder Michael Tonge. I think there is enough players that I do not need that I can get rid of to sort out the wage totals and also bring in some loan stars to suplement the squad.
    This season I really think that I can target a play off spot as Hooper is a goal scorer that we have missed. So for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to this season.

Amateur

Scunthorpe United 15-16 - End of Season review

All in all this was a exceptional season. With me taking the cash strapped Scunthorpe to the brink of the playoffs with only a last day defeat to Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsbrough. So to finish 9th is a good result for us. Again as I stated at the start of the season I needed to sort out the wage budget that was arranged and team sorted out to the bare bones and a large number of loan players coming to the club.

Transfers

League Progress

It was another bad season in the cups except for the FA Cup where I took Championship Leicester to a replay and only just lost in the replay so again very happy.
    I am also happy to say that Michael Tonge got goal of the season which I am very proud of. I really could not be happier or prouder of a group of players and the best group I have had.

League Table

This is however the final story about my life at Scunthorpe united and I will miss it as much as I missed Bishop's Stortford because just before the end of the season I had agreed a pre contract with QPR who have just been relegated to League 1 but I will discuss QPR and the new challenges when I do my start of season.

So the Scunthorpe Record is:
    Days in charge: 621. Played: 94 Won: 36 Drew: 24 Lost: 34 Goals For: 137 (1.5 p/m) Goals against: 131 (1.4 p/m) Difference: +6

Of my former clubs Bishop's Stortford missed out on the playoffs on goal difference.
    Carlisle finished 13th 6 points off the playoffs so they can be very proud.

Key Players-Player of the Year - Michael Tonge

1) Sabino Pagano

He has been a sensation of a loan signing from Liverpool and was the man to take us forward.
    Played: 42 Goals: 27 Assists: 7 MoM: 6 Rating: 7.30

2) Michael Tonge

He controlled the midfield and chipped in with a large amount of goals and is now in the history books of Scunthorpe as most assists as a signing. He is by far one of the best signings I have ever made. However at 33 I am not sure if I will bring him to QPR.
    Played: 51 Goals: 8 Assists: 17 MoM: 6 Rating: 7.24

3) Elias Wagner

My greatest signing in this career and I might go as far as saying my best signing since someone in FM08. Another sensational season from this guy.
    Played: 52 Goals: 11 Assists: 16 MoM: 3 Ratings: 7.09

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Relegated: Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves

Championship
    Winners: Wigan
    Promoted: Newcastle, Nottm Forest
    Relegated: Colchester, QPR, Huddersfield

League 1
    Winners: Notts County
    Promoted: Walsall, Northampton
    Relegated: Luton, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Swindon

League 2
    Winners: Chesterfield
    Promoted: Shrewsbury, Torquay, Mansfield
    Relegated: Yeovil, Dag & Red

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Cheltenham
    Promoted: Wrexham
    Relegated: Woking, Weymouth, Chester, Ebbsfleet

Blue Square North
    Winners: Corby
    Promoted: Stalybridge

Blue Square South
    Winners: Lewes
    Promoted: Salisbury

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Aston Villa
    League Cup: Wolves
    JPT: Grimsby
    FA Trophy: Hereford
    European Cup: At. Madrid
    Euro Cup: Genoa
    Club World Champions: Lyon
    European Super Cup: Aston Villa
    European Championships: Spain (Beat England in the Final)

Last edited by Paggioram; 01-01-2010 at 02:31.

Amateur

QPR - Season 16-17 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Promotion
    League Cup: 2nd Round
    Johnson Paint Trophy: They do not care
    Media Pred: 2nd

Transfer Budget: 6.4m
    Wage: 121.9k
    Current Wage Spend: 123.3k

Contract Length: 2 year deal
    Wage: £1,600 per week

Brief History of club

Founded in 1882, The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success during 1960s. Although now enduring a 33 year barren spell, having not won a competition since 1983, The Rs still have a history of which they can be justly proud. QPR finished runners-up in the English top division for the only time in 1976, finished runners-up in the FA Cup in 1982, won the English 2nd tier for the only time in 1983 and finished runners-up on two occasions, and won the League Cup in 1967 and finished runners-up once.

Honours (Things won only)

Coca-Cola Championship: 1983
    Coca-Cola League 1: 1967
    English League Cup: 1967
    English Southern League Prem Division: 1908, 1912
    English Wester League Premier Division: 1906

Managers Thoughts

So here we go another new club. This is going to be the biggest challenge of my career so far. Why I hear you ask because now I have money the over wage budget does not bother me because alot of players do not want to renew their contracts and I have players that have agreed to go elsewhere. I think this will be a interesting challenge but I know for a fact that I need to get the team sorted and hit the ground running. I have agreed a pre contract with Giles Barnes who will be joining us and I have got rid of all the backroom staff and bought in the whole of my Backroom Staff from Scunthorpe United. I have decided that the backroom team I have now is going to be my backroom team now.
    So here we go my biggest challenge starts now. I will let you know how this goes.

Last edited by Paggioram; 01-01-2010 at 23:46.

Amateur

Have they still got Briatore as their chairman? Lets hope he gives you more time than his real life managers. It's 7 sacked in 27 months since he took over.

Amateur

Yes they still got Briatore as a director but not chairman. They have stood by their managers as they have never made the prem with all their money. They have fired 4 managers inc. Ryan Giggs and Stephen Carr. In all that time they have only finished in the top half once and they made the play offs and failed. They are waiting for a manager to turn them into something maybe its me. Or maybe they hired me to save the money.

Amateur

QPR - Season 16-17 - End of August Update

Ok this is just a brief update so that I can talk about my experience at this sleeping giant. What I have found is this is something a lot bigger than I have seen in my career so far. For instance I have sold just over 8000 season tickets for the season and that is more than my highest attendences at my other clubs.
    Now I can hear what you are saying what have I done with all this money I have to spend well I decided that I would take my lead from Terk and what he has done at Liverpool because I want to stay so secure with the money and not have another team out of cash so I decided that I would only spend the money that the club has made from sales so from players that have gone I have made £9.25m and have bought players to the value of £8m. The major problem that I had was that when all the out of contract players who would not renew and the pre sales I had no goal keepers left at the club!.

So the current form is that I have been quite steady but not spectacular I am currently 4th but have not been beaten yet in the league so my record is Played: 7 Won: 3 Drew: 4 Lost: 0 Goals for: 14 against: 8 I am only 3 points off league leaders Crewe.
    In the league cup I beat Luton 2-0 and then got Championship Southampton in round 2 at their place and lost 0-1 with the winner coming in the 86th min scored by Gary Hooper who they signed from Scunthorpe. I am also still in the JPT after I crept past Barnet on Penalties.

I will give you all a further update later in the season.

Amateur

Hows the season going ? did you end up with a few decent keepers too ?

Amateur

Hi was good read and been instreasting how career going.

Amateur

Just about finished the season it has been a slow season for me due to work commitments. I have two great keepers now one quite experienced called Alnwick. Also a youngster called Rutter and both of them are fighting each other tooth and nail. One has a bad game in comes the other and done that all season and been solid.
    So far my key man has been Pagano from Liverpool who I had at Scunthorpe on loan but have bought him for QPR and he has currently scored 24 goals so far with about 8 games to play. I am currently 3rd 2 points off second but I have not been out of the top 6 all season.
    The one major worry I have is that Injuries are starting to set in and I think I need a automatic top 2 finish because my squad will be dead if I end up in the playoffs. The other bonus is that I have a couple of youngsters who have broke through so another very positive sign.
    What this season has done is shown me that I can work with money so I can work in both spectrums so I am sure that I can be a good manager anywhere but I do think I will never be spectacular.

Amateur

QPR 16-17 - End of Season review

Job Done. How happy and proud am I. I got QPR promoted to the Championship at the first time of asking and additionally this will be the highest level that I have managed to date. There was nothing spectacular about the season as I have had to do some reshaping and get the team to gel which I am happy has happened. This was a tough season because everyone was targetting me and wanted to get the win over me and that was a different experience for me but I handled myself well and finished second behind the brilliant Bradford. This is the second promotion of my career and I am happy but again the hard work starts next season and new challenges that face me and my squad.

League Progress

I decided that I wanted a streamline team so it was a small squad and to be fair this really started to hit me towards the end of the season as injuries hit. As you can see below the squad that I have now is down to just two per position but I think in the Championship I need more options.

QPR Squad

I have enjoyed this season and I am looking forward to the season ahead and see if I can get a second promotion however as I look at the season I have additional joy as Bishop's Stortford got promoted back to the Blue Square Prem but with sadness to see Scunthorpe drop to League 2 but with their finances I am not surprised as they lost alot of key players.

League Table

Key Players-Player of the Year - Sabino Pagano

1) Sabino Pagano

Brilliant season for this guy. He was brilliant at Scunthorpe and I was delighted that Liverpool would sell him to me out right and what a great player and a great striker. He is one of those players that are very difficult to get hold of as in a 20+ goals a season.
    Played: 39 scored: 22 Assists: 9 MoM: 5 Ave Rat: 7.29

2) Gary Borrowdale

Had a very solid season for a left back and did billiantly. There is not much I can say his season because he was seriously professional and defended very well.
    Played: 35 scored: 1 Assists: 5 MoM: 1 Ave Rat: 7.20

3) Joe Ryan

Brilliant young striker who was at the club before I got there and has be brilliant and alongside Pagano has been the main source of my goals at the club.
    Played: 37 Scored: 18 Assists: 12 MoM: 6 Ave Rat: 7.16

Special mention to Elias Wagner who has been out most of the season but still had a good season and I am looking forward to his Championship campaign.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Relegated: Stoke, Leeds, Nottm Forest

Championship
    Promoted: Wolves, Southampton
    Relegated: Watford, Barnsley, Coventry

League 1
    Winners: Bradford
    Promoted: QPR, Sheff Wed
    Relegated: Hartlepool, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Doncaster

League 2
    Winners: Leyton Orient
    Promoted: Wycombe, Blackpool, Rochdale
    Relegated: Tranmere, Darlington

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Brentford
    Promoted: Hereford
    Relegated: Dorchester, Histon, Grays, Stalybridge

Blue Square North
    Winners: Ileston
    Promoted: Gateshead

Blue Square South
    Winners: Bishop's Stortford
    Promoted: Eastbourne Boro

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Sunderland
    League Cup: Arsenal
    JPT: Huddersfield
    FA Trophy: AFC Wimbledon
    Euro Cup: FC Bayern
    Club World Champions: At. Madrid
    European Super Cup: Genoa

Amateur

QPR - Season 17-18 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Learn from the experience
    FA Cup: Fourth Round
    League Cup: Third Round
    Media Pred: 17th

Transfer Budget: £8.0m
    Wage: £151,732 p/w
    Current Wage Spend: £135,548

As the season starts I have been offered a new two year deal which I have signed and my new wage of £2,300 p/w. The board just want me to enjoy myself but as I have decided to buy very little then my team should already be gelled and we can hit the ground running and I seriously cannot think that we could actually make the playoffs but I did not tell the board that. I will concentrate on the cups also as I no longer have to worry about the JPT or the earlier rounds of the FA cup. In the whole of my journey so far this is the highest league I have managed and I am determined not to drop back into league 1. At the time of writing we are in talks to sign Joleon Lescott who should help the defence. I am looking forward to this season and will report again once the transfer window closes.

Amateur

When I started this career I had two goals that I wanted this to achieve.

1) To do my first Journeyman career and see if I could enjoy this and enjoy a long career game.
    Already I have proved that is the case. This is the most fun I have had in a solo player game and documenting it as well has been great so to you all I thank you.

2) It was to try and show which real life manager I was most like. So then I am 8 seasons in which manager past or present as I most like so far?
    I think upto now I am no Brian Clough or Sir Alex Ferguson but who am I. Looking at my career I think it is very difficult to judge because until QPR I was really nothing more than a fire fighter but still have no relegations on my record but additionally I have never managed in a top flight. The more I think about it I cannot look past either Barry Fry or Neil Warnock but without the media attention.

So anyone else who is still reading this who would you suggest?

First Team Regular

Ian Holloway?

Amateur

Ian Holloway?
    Maybe good to see you doing well at QPR too.

Amateur

Thats a great shout.

Amateur

QPR 17-18 - End of Season review

I always hoped that this journey would be fun and of great interest to me and the guys who are following this. I though to myself I was pretty certain the way this journey was going so at the start of the season when the board asked me to enjoy the season I though thanks alot. Did I set myself a goal? Answer was yes I was looking for mid table or just below as long as I was clear of the drop zone I was happy.

So what happened to me in the Championship?

I will tell you what happened. I was never any lower than 8th the whole season. I was only out of the top 6 for a total of two weeks and even led the league for a whole week. So yes I was very happy with my season. So where did I finish for the season well that was 5th and a date with the play off's.

League Progress

In the semi Final of the play offs I drew 4th place Bolton and the first leg at Loftus Road we finished 0 - 0 and to look at the fact that QPR had never beat Bolton in the whole time I had been a football manager so I thought OK I might lose this but what a ride I finally think that I deserve to be here.
    So the Second Leg away at the Reebok and after 80 mins it was 0 - 0. I decided not to change a thing just sub a defender for a fitter defender and bought on Kris Commons for a 18 year old winger who was struggling and what happened next was Roy of the Rovers stuff. Two crosses by Commons and the full time whistle sounds with us winning 2 - 0 a Pagano double from the crosses.

So the Play off Final arrived again I thought play tight because firstly not got a great record against Norwich as a final and also play off finals are usually tight affairs with no space. So going in at Half Time 4 - 0 up I was a little shocked and changed nothing and not long after the break it went 5 - 0. Norwich then began to fight back and my heart just sank as there was nothing I could do as it went 5 - 1, 5 - 2, 5 - 3...
    Then a moment of magic and 6 - 3 and QPR are going to the premier league. Special mention for the play off final goes to Wagner for a amazing hat trick from right wing.

Play off Final

So as you can guess I am overjoyed, the fans are and the board are. We were also the overachievers in the league. So when the first ball is kicked in August I will have managed at every level of the English game. Another positive is that I am now a national reputation manager.

League Table

Squad

I put this season down to one thing and that is how good we were in front of goal with 98 goals scored in the season. Joe Ryan with 32 goals on his own and Sabino Pagano managed just the 21.

Goal Scorer

Manager of the Year Runner up

This is the end of a great season but the biggest challenge is ahead!

Key Players-Player of the Year - Sabino Pagano

1) Sabino Pagano

Another great season for the Italian sensation. I really think with this players goal scoring record he could easily make the Italy national team but it is if QPR and a big enough club to get noticed at. However he is also now eligable to play for England.
    Played: 38 Goals: 21 Assists: 15 MoM: 3 Average Rating: 7.28

2) Joe Ryan

Great season from the 23 year old striker who when I arrived was classed as a trouble maker but now is a club hero. If he and Sabino have half as good a season in the prem as he has in the championship I will be laughing.
    Played: 45 Goals: 32 Assists: 10 MoM: 10 Average Rating: 7.32

3) Corry Evans

This guy has been my midfield general and as helped the defence well and additionally chipped in with a few assists and control of the midfield.
    Played: 45 Goals: 0 Assists: 9 MoM: 0 Average Rating: 7.14

Special Mention: Elias Wagner

This guy has done nothing but amaze me. I bought him in the Blue Square South for Bishop's Stortford and still this guy is producing in the Championship but can he make the next step up I really hope so because he is my greatest ever sucsess as a player.
    Played: 38 Goals: 8 Assists: 7 MoM: 2 Average Rating: 7.04

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Winners: Arsenal
    Relegated: Southampton, Wigan, Birmingham

Championship
    Winners: Leicester
    Promoted: Stoke, QPR
    Relegated: Cardiff, Bradford, Hull

League 1
    Winners: Watford
    Promoted: Millwall, Rushden
    Relegated: Gillingham, Torquay, Mansfield, Grimsby

League 2
    Winners: Chesterfield
    Promoted: Bury, MK Dons, Oxford
    Relegated: Bristol Rovers, Lincoln

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Southport
    Promoted: Tranmere
    Relegated: Accrington, Lewes, Ilkeston, Nuneaton

Blue Square North
    Winners: Alfreton
    Promoted: Farsley

Blue Square South
    Winners: Stevenage
    Promoted: Bath

Cup Winners
    League Cup: Liverpool
    JPT: Watford
    FA Trophy: Crawley
    Euro Cup: Barcelona
    European Super Cup: Lyon
    World Cup Winners: Argentina (England eliminated in Quarter Finals losing 3-1 to Argentina)
    Also 2018 world cup went to Russia to host.

Last edited by Paggioram; 20-01-2010 at 23:40.

Amateur

QPR - Season 18-19 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Fight Bravely against relegation
    Media Pred: 20th
    Odds: 5000-1

Transfer Budget: 22m
    Wage: 232k
    Current Wage Spend: 193k

Current Manager Rep: National

Well the time has finally arrived. I am managing in the top flight. This is a challenge and one I am really looking forward to. To take this side into the hardest league in the country if not the world. So lets do this like a famous Spanish manager who is having a bad time.
    Fact: Newly promoted teams do not stay in this league longer than a season.
    Fact: I have never managed in the top flight
    Fact: I have never beaten a premier side in the cup
    Fact: I start away at Old Trafford and then Home to Tottenham

I understand that other clubs have the bigger budget and the bigger spending power so I amnot going to splash the cash I am going to carry on bringing in younger players to develop into better players. So here we go QPR's first trip to the prem in this career and I will treat it like a war and we will fight for everything. Come of you 'Rs.

Amateur

Major News!

After the surprise promotion to the Premier League of QPR manager Joe Page has been targeted and has been offered the job as USA national manager. The English manager who has no connection to anything American was in shock at the offer to replace Bob Bradley who was fired after a disasterous second round exit from the world cup. Manager Page will do both his job at QPR and also the USA job.

USA Job!

Current World Rank: 13th

FA Expect: To uphold the Country's honour in matches.

Key Players: Jozy Altidore, Freddie Adu, Micheal Bradley, Brad Guzan

Last edited by Paggioram; 21-01-2010 at 00:31.

Amateur

Any new signings as yet at QPR ?
    Congrats on the USA job too :P
    And more congrats with QPR in the Premier league,
    Keep us informed

Amateur

I have decided that I am going to show monthly updates now of this rather two big adventures now.
    QPR pre season has been a little bit special with wins over Glasgow Rangers and Feyanord.

I have invested in three players. A new Keeper called Lung Jr. A amazing 17 year old defender from Ireland called Spence and a 21 year old Dutch Midfielder from Liverpool whos stats are brilliant so I am feeling positive. The guy from Liverpool came recomended by Pagano and he has done so well for me I am more than happy to trust his judgement.

The star of pre season is by no doubt Elias Wagner.
    Last edited by Paggioram; 21-01-2010 at 12:31.

Amateur

Hope Wagner can cut it in the Premiership would be great for him to have to been through the leagues with you being sucessfull in each .

Amateur

Congratulations on a very nice career.

Amateur

Thanks RoyalCasino and I hope so DAZZELLBRUSH

Amateur

QPR - Season 18-19 - Preseason Update also USA update

On the eve of the new season I thought I would give you all a quick update on my results from Pre Season which has been very solid and very pleasing.

QPR 7 - 1 Ashford
    Goals: Wagner (10, 68, 82), Ryan (11, 79), McGowan (49), Pagano (64), Barnes (65)
    Man of the Match: Elias Wagner

QPR 5
    - 0 GH Acadamy
    Goals: Pagano (7, 68), Jones (14), Wagner (33), Korb (og 66)
    Man of the Match: Sabino Pagano

Arnold 0 - 6 QPR
    Goals: Ryan (12, 74, 90+1), Wagner (16), Pagano (42), Jackson (62)
    Man of the Match: Joe Ryan

Glasgow Rangers 0 - 1 QPR
    Goals: Barnes (pen 90+4)
    Man of the Match: Dylan McGowan

QPR 2
    - 1 Feyenoord
    Goals: Wagner (62), Jackson (82), Van der Meulen (59)

Guiseley 0 - 4 QPR
    Goals: Pagano (31), Barnes (66), Wagner (71), White (og 78)

USA 4
    - 0 Barbados - Int. Friendly
    Goals: Altidore (21,68,78) Davies (34)
    Man of the Match: Jozy Altidore

OK that brings us upto speed and onto the season. I will be doing updates throughout the season as this is a big season for me and QPR.

Last edited by Paggioram; 21-01-2010 at 23:31.

Amateur

QPR/USA - Season 18-19 - August / September update

This is my first update of the season and so far I am feeling quite happy with out start to season for QPR but I am really not happy with my USA career so far but I am just seriously happy that I am just having friendlies so far. Talking about QPR I have done very little activity in the transfer market the only players who have arrived are Fraser Spence who is a 17 year old Irish defender with alot of potential. Also arriving is Silviu Lung Jr who is a 29 year old goalkeeper from Romania more about him and a screenshot later promise and finally my biggest and most expensive signing at £10m from Liverpool Dirk-Jan Van den Ouweland he is a 22 year old Dutch midfielder. So onto the season.....

QPR Season so far....

Man Utd 0 - 1 QPR

This was a amazing start to my season we all walked into this match expecting a slaughter but the team were solid and professional and somehow just held United to long shots and a with a counter attack break we caught United out and Man of the Match Joe Ryan got the winner. I was very proud of my team also we just edged possession 49 -51 and won clear cut shots 0 - 2.

QPR 2 - 0 Swansea League Cup 2nd Round

Let me just say most managers say they play their reserves in this competion however I am different all I changed was my two center backs. Why you ask? Well I want to win it.

QPR 2 - 0 Leicester

Nothing really to say this was a very professional performance where we took our chances and came away winners so again I am happy and thats 6 points out of 6. Additionally this is my first game in September so I have a game in hand.

Sheff Utd 1 - 2 QPR

Right this has been the first real match I was really pushed and challenged. The fact we took the lead and then got pulled back 1 min later and then Sheff Utd kicked on from there and had it not been for Man of the Match Silviu Lung Jr with some seriously brilliant saves. Also the fact that we managed to snatch a winner in injury time so still happy.

QPR 1 - 3 Middlesbrough

And it finally happened. To start with we did to Boro what Sheff Utd did to us in the sense they scored first and we equalised a min later. However once Boro took the lead in the second half we just collapsed and no mater what we did we could not get back into the game and confidence took a hit. We just need to bounce back and soon to get our confidence back or we will be in trouble.

Burnley 1 - 1 QPR League cup 3rd Round (QPR win 5-4 on pens)

This was a all Premier League tie and to be fair I was happy for this after the Boro result to try and bounce back. However you could tell that confidence was low because we fought back to level up. Again all I did was change my back two. I really did not deserve anything out of this game we were on the back foot all game but I am proud of what they did.

QPR 1 - 2 Liverpool

The first 20 mins of this game we were on the back foot and shown again that confidence was low in the team and after 20 mins we were 2 nil down but then something brilliant happened as far as I am concerned we scored a lucky goal to be fair by Ouweland but sometime this is all you need and from that point we dominated the rest of the match and Liverpool just looked like a bit of a shell of a club but we could not score but there was also another Man of the Match performance by Lung Jr.

League Table to end of September

I am really happy with our performance to date I mean as a newly promoted side and to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford and to take Liverpool to the limit is something I am delighted with. I am sitting 12th with 2 games in hand. I mean win them both and I could be sitting 2nd. I just know it is important in the next phase of matches that we get back into a stride of not losing games and battle on.

Silviu Lung Jr

I have awarded him my star performer for August and September he has made us hard to beat and we do not seem to have the same soft center as we had last season.

USA so far....

I am not going to coment on these matches because I am unhappy and disgusted by both performances. If I was a fan I would be seriously unhappy with me and the team. There are no positives to be taken from either game. The only positive I can find is that they were both friendlies.

Scotland 4 - 0 USA

Argentina 7 - 2 USA

OK I will give you another update in another couple of game months.

Amateur

QPR/USA - Season 18-19 - October / November update

Well this is my first real slump of the season and I said that after the Sheff Utd result I really did think there was a slump just around the corner and it came. I can see signs that the slump might be showing signs of easing. I am still proud to say that we are not in the bottom three and are still clear and sitting nice in mid table 7 points clear of the drop zone.

QPR

Fulham 1 - 0 QPR

This for me was a solid performance and we were in the match the whole time but we got caught out by a moment of skill and could not fight back.

QPR 0 - 4 Tottenham

I played a exceptional team who outplayed us for the entire 90 mins and we never got a sniff. Did I deserve to lose this match? Yes. Was it a fair result? No we should have lost by alot more.

Sunderland 0 - 1 QPR

A fantastic battling performance and the perfect response to the Tottenham game and the form that we have been in. This has given the team a little more confidence and to be fair made me think that the turn around was on. However it was not and was a false dawn. Special mention to my young striker David Jackson who has been a bit part player this season as he was a youngster who is trying to find his feet in the top flight so to come off the bench and score a winner.

QPR 1 - 2 Burnley

Well this was revenge for the league cup and I kind of expected it. For some reason my fitness was not right and they were the better and stronger team. However again another goal off the bench for David Jackson so good for him.

Blackburn 3 - 1 QPR League Cup 4th Round

I have already beat what my board expected from this cup so I am not bothered about going out. To be fair it would have been nice to win this but with the way the league form is going at least I do not have the distraction of the League Cup and picking up any more injuries or anything else. However it was nice to see Wagner score.

Man City 5 - 2 QPR

Simple explaination. Man City @ The City of Manchester Stadium. First team squad over £100 million. Case Closed

QPR 2 - 0 Arsenal

This was one of those great days like the Manchester United game but to be fair this was a day when Silviu was at his very best as the goal was battered by Arsenal. 25 shots 13 on target. 5 clear cup chances but with Silviu stopping everything we took our two clear cut chances on the break and scored them both. If we do stay up I will look at this match and the Man Utd match as huge bonuses. I am very very proud of them today but we really need to put in some back to back results.

Aston Villa 3 - 0 QPR

Another one of those games where our fitness let us down and now that is a worry which I am addressing in December so wait for the next update for some major update news about the team. Again they are a established team who have built themselves up and a full credit and gave us another beating that we deserved.

QPR 1 - 0 Wolves

Our home form has suddenly come to life and at home we are starting to become hard to beat. This match was a real battle and we managed to break away and get through their defence and scored a 90th min goal with that man David Jackson again off the bench so again very happy and I just need to find a way to turn the away form.

West Ham 3 - 1 QPR

Again away from home against a established side so there is not much to say apart from we were beaten by the better side so not much to say.

Player of the month

This was a real highlight and a welcome bonus to see Silviu Lung Jr and again he is my player of the last two months.

USA

Again I am not going to comment on the matches as they are still friendlies so here we go.

Singapore 0 - 4 USA

French Guiana 0 - 3 USA

Next update will be at the end of the transfer window in January.

Amateur

QPR/USA - Season 18-19 - extra update

As I said above there was something that was not right and something needed to be changed or at the very least looked at. At the end of November West Brom fired their manager and appointed my coach Peter Crouch who said as he left that he was sad to leave QPR and Manager Joe Page. I looked at him and I was in his fav personal. So I thought I would look at my staff that had stood by me and see who was loyal to me and the club and found that all of them except one was loyal to both the club and to me. The one who was not was not loyal to either. As I looked a bit more all the staff except this one had a National rep but the one who was different was still local. So I thought have I got a staff member who is not pushing the same direction so I decided that after five years by my side David Bayliss my assistant manager had his contract terminated. My plan was to have a staff who would be loyal and follow me around like alot of rl managers do but he just did not. After 5 years I would have thought he would be loyal as I took him from the lower leagues to the prem.
    At this point I decided to add to my back room so into the coaching roles at the club to add to my loyal coaches comes... Rio Ferdinand, Phil Neville, Garath Barry, Jamie Carragher and Jimmy Bullard and the appointment of my new assistant manager who has come from unemployed David Villa.

At the same time with the club in a very stable position making a profit every month my chairman has declaired that he is looking to sell the club... Oh dear with the January transfer window just round the corner please do not find a buyer quickly.

In other news. Man Utd have just sacked their manager. Arsenal and Chelsea jobs are also under threat.

Further update will be end of January.

Amateur

QPR/USA - Season 18-19 - December / January update

I am going to keep this short and not put to much about the matches because there is not much to say to be fair. This has been a better two months and we have to my shock been solid and quite hard to beat. I would say that we have finally settled and look like we should be in this league. The only issue is that in the second week of January I had a transfer ban while the chairman is looking to step down and a other member of the board is going to take over and it is not one of the rich ones it is a board member who is not mentioned on the staff screen. There will be no USA update as we have not played and also will someone break the dominance of Silviu Lung Jr as my player of the last two months well we will see.

QPR 2 - 0 Stoke

Newcastle 2 - 2 QPR

My first draw of the season yay.

QPR 1 - 0 Blackburn

This has been the strangest goal ever it was a own goal from 30 yards out....

QPR 1 - 0 Everton

Chelsea 1 - 0 QPR

I was disappointed with this game to be honest. We were level all the way through on the stats on I really thought if we got the break we would score but it did not work that way and they got the goal with their only clear cut chance and we did not get one. Also I fear for Chelsea this season I really do because going into January they are 16th and only 6 points from the relegation zone.

Tottenham 2 - 1 QPR

Two things I want to say here first I hate playing Spurs and second of all it was a goal for Elias Wagner who is really struggling to find his feet I hope he does soon and proves that he can perform at this level.

QPR 2 - 2 Aston Villa

I hate 90th min equalisers.....

Southend 0 - 1 QPR FA Cup 3rd Round

We made this hard for ourselves.

QPR 2 - 5 Man Utd

New manager and revenge but the fact that we managed to pull it back to 2-2 gave me hope we could do it again but they just stepped up a gear and goodnight as Man Utd show why they are that good.

Leicester 1 - 2 QPR

QPR 2 - 1 Sheff Utd

QPR 1 - 1 Chelsea FA Cup 4th Round

We were the better and the stronger side but did not take our chances Petr Cech was in great form so we do it again at Zola Park.

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 QPR

The leagues surprise team who are sitting third at the moment so I am very happy with the point here and it keeps us rolling.

So that is the end of January and we are in a nice run of form.

League Table Jan 2019
    As you can see from the table we are only 4 points away from the magic 40 point mark which should secure QPR a second season in the Premier League.

So my player for the last two months is Dirk-Jan van den Ouweland he is starting to show the promise that had him as a youngster at Liverpool and I really think that he will become a amazing player for us. So the player that I thought might clean sweep this Silviu Lung Jr misses out but he was close.

I will update again end of March as we go into the big final push.

Amateur

QPR/USA - Season 18-19 - Final run of the season update

What I really want to put here is that I went on a massive winning streak and I took the league on the last day by a point and also had a great run in the FA cup that led to a massive double but no. This is really not as exciting and the final run of the season had few highlights.

QPR

QPR 0
    - 0 SunderlandChelsea 1 - 1 QPR FA Cup 4th Round ReplayBig penalty win winning 6-5 on pens so very very happy to advance.

Liverpool 4 - 1 QPR

QPR 4 - 3 Arsenal FA Cup 5th Round

Another good win in the league cup so again I am very very happy. I really do enjoy a good cup run and it is the first good cup run in my journey so far.

QPR 4 - 0 Fulham

Burnley 3 - 0 QPR

QPR 0 - 0 Man City

Brilliant defensive performance that I am proud of my boys.

QPR 2 - 1 Sunderland FA Cup 6th Round

Another good result and the cup run goeson but this is also going to become a distraction.

Arsenal 2 - 2 QPR

Wolves 4 - 0 QPR

QPR 0 - 2 West Ham

Stoke 3 - 0 QPR

QPR 0 - 3 Man Utd FA Cup Semi Final

They still not forgiven me for beating them on the opening day.

QPR 3 - 2 Newcastle

Everton 3 - 0 QPR

QPR 0 - 1 Chelsea

Blackburn 0 - 1 QPR

USA Gold Cup

USA 6 - Guadeloupe Gold Cup Group A

Question who the hell are Guadeloupe?

Guatemala 1 - 1 USA Gold Cup Group A

USA 1 - 0 Honduras Gold Cup Group A

Gold Cup Group A Final Table

Trinidad & Tobago 2 - 4 USA Gold Cup Quarter Final

USA 0 - 4 Mexico Gold Cup Semi Final

Costa Rica 0 - 2 USA Gold Cup 3rd Place Play Off

Last edited by Paggioram; 03-02-2010 at 23:18.

Amateur

QPR 18 - 19 - End of Season review

Well I don't know what to say. It really is a wierd feeling because I took QPR to the Premier League and as well as that I managed to keep the club in the Prem for a second season and also a amazing run in the FA Cup but still there is something that dont feel right at the moment. I don't know but maybe my feet are telling me to start the walk again.

League Table

The major news is that the club finally had a board room change with a appointment from inside the club but with no additional finance put into the club and it is with the budget that I already had.

Board Takeover

However the one thing that has made me maybe want to stay around is the fact that we have qualified for Europe through the fair play league.

European Qualification

With the USA the Gold Cup did not go as planned as the nation expected the Final but we were eliminated in the Semi's but we won the 3rd place play offs. The US FA have stood by me and I have made it my goal to at least take the USA team to a World Cup so I will not walk away.

Key Players-Player of the Year - Silviu Lung Jr

I would normally do a top three here but I cannot get decent images of the players. The three that I would say are my main three of the season are Silviu Lung Jr, Dirk-Jan van den Ouweland and Sabino Pagino.

Of cause everyone wants to know did Wagner make it as a premier league player. Well the answer is not sure yet his record of the season was Played 28 Goals 2 Assists 4 MoM 0 Average Ratings 6.80.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Relegated: Sheff Utd, Stoke, Leicester

Championship
    Promoted: Nottm Forest, Notts County
    Relegated: Preston, West Brom, Rushden

League 1
    Winners: Barnsley
    Promoted: Coventry, Huddersfield
    Relegated: Leyton Orient, Crewe, Bradford, MK Dons

League 2
    Winners: Gillingham
    Promoted: Mansfield, Carlisle, Oldham
    Relegated: Grimsby, Cheltenham

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Droylsden
    Promoted: Crawley
    Relegated: AFC Wimbledon, Dag & Red, Darlington

Blue Square North
    Winners: Histon
    Promoted: Worcester

Blue Square South
    Winners: Ebbsfleet
    Promoted: Hayes and Yeading

Cup Winners
    FA Cup: Man City
    League Cup: Liverpool
    JPT: Shrewsbury
    Community Shield: Liverpool
    FA Trophy: Dartford
    European Cup: AC Milan
    Euro Cup: Sampdoria
    European Super Cup:Barcelona
    Gold Cup: Mexico (Beat Canada in Final. USA Third)

Last edited by Paggioram; 03-02-2010 at 23:53.

Amateur

QPR - Season 19 - 20 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Stay Clear of relegation
    Euro Cup: Phase 1 Group Stage

Transfer Budget: 22m
    Wage: £398k p/w
    Current Wage Spend: £315k p/w

USA Expectation
    Gold Cup: Final (Already failed and finished 3rd)

As I suggested I am getting itchy feet because I have nearly been here the longest of any club but this season started and I was offered a new 4 year deal on 8k per week. Which I have signed. So why did I do it well that is simple because I want to go it Europe and see if I can hack it. Additionally I want to see if I can keep the squad in the Premier League and turn them into a established Premier League side. I also want to turn USA into a force who can battle with the bigger nations so lets see. This season I will not do the same update style I will do a update at the end of the transfer window and again at the end of January and finally end of the season.

Amateur

That's some Great progress with Q.P.R. You can be proud of what you have done for them if you do leave.

Don't you have the urge to build them into a premier league force to be reckoned with? Are you hoping to move to a bigger club if you do go? Or do you miss the challenge of building a struggling club up?

Amateur

Welcome back WH. I think it is the fact I got them there. I do want to build a legacy but at the moment I really did enjoy the hunt of getting the teams there so if the chance comes to bring a club back to glory I think I will take it.

Amateur

Still at QPR ? any new signing's ?

Part-Timer

Any further updates to this? Also are you planning on a move soon?

Amateur

Had alot of work to do so not had much time. I have just got to January so I will do a half season update. It has been a good season so far and I am happy. Yeah I am still at QPR but so far I have been linked with the Villa, Chelsea and Arsenal jobs when they have come available.

Amateur

I had the same problem just after christmas, not enough hours in the day. I hope you manage to get back into it soon.

Amateur

My work commitments are starting to ease so I can tell you all that I will do a season update next and it will be during the weekend. Thanks to everyone for their patients.

International Squad

Are you as good as Clough or maybe yet?

Amateur

So far I think the answer to that question has to be no.

All I have won is a FA Trophy so right now I might be classed as a Sam Alladyce, Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway type manager. Classed as good but dont win that many things.

International Squad

I think the answer to that will always be no. Nobody will ever be another Brian Clough.

You might turn out to be as good as Nigel though.

Amateur

I would agree with that. To be fair I think I might have already surpassed Nigel.

Amateur

QPR 19 - 20 - End of Season review

This has been a season that has had its ups and downs. I have been both happy and disappointed with how things have gone but again I feel I can be very proud and QPR has continued to be a work in progress and if I am still here then I know what I need to do to take it to the next stage. I decided at a very early stage that my transfer policy was to sign a couple of superstars which I did in Fred Elfrink and also Franco Graieb this was followed in January by me purchasing a couple of youngsters who I will not discuss now because they have not played yet so they will be more for next season.

So onto the season and lets discuss the league the board wanted me to avoid relegation and that was done with a fantastic 13th place finish and at no stage during the season was I in danger of falling into the bottom three.

Premier League 2019 - 2020

League Progress
    It was a very disappointing FA Cup campaign with a 3rd round exit against West Ham. In the League Cup we had a solid run that took QPR all the way to the Semi Finals but a meeting with in form Man City and defeat in both legs 4-0 and 1-0 just meant we missed out on a final.

In the first ever season in the EURO Cup the board just wanted us to make the group stages which we did and went on a run to the quarter finals when we were eliminated on Away goals after a 2-2 and a 1-1 against PSG.

The other major news is that I was offered the international post of the Ivory Coast and to be fair me and the US job just was not happening so I decided to leave the US and move to the Ivory Coast for their world cup qualifying campaign.

Key Players-Player of the Year -

1) Fed Elfrink
    This lad has been a real credit. He cost me alot of money but he is the difference between a decent season and a struggle. Never mind his 15 goals and 11 assists but he was also voted Players Player of the year.

2) John Lee
    He has been a good young lad who has made sure that he has got himself seen and made people sit up and take notice of him. 5 goals and 8 assists from the 20 year old but additionally he was voted the Irish under 21 player of the year and also the Players young player of the year.

3) Arwel Cook
    This has been a guy who was willing to play anywhere on the pitch in either Defence or Midfield but has been solid where ever he has played and I think he wll get better and better.

4) Dirk-Jan Van den Ouweland
    Has not been outstanding in the league but we have struggled when he has not played for whatever reason that is but he really did come to life in the European campaign and it is because of that he gets the mention.

Also for all of you out there wanting to know how Elias Wagner is getting on well it is now very clear that the Premier league is not his league and that he is not a player for the top leagues but does that mean I am getting rid. Not a chance I will still give him his chances to break through.

Around the leagues

Premierleague
    Relegated: Nottm Forest, Birmingham, Notts Co

Championship
    Winners: Sheff Utd
    Promoted: Leeds, Portsmouth
    Relegated: Peterborough, Charlton, Plymouth

League 1
    Winners: West Brom
    Promoted: Mansfield, Rotherham
    Relegated: Rochdale, Bury, Colchester, Oldham

League 2
    Winners: Wrexham
    Promoted: Scunthorpe, Bradford, Swindon
    Relegated: Barnet, Burton

Blue Square Premier
    Winners: Histon
    Promoted: Fleetwood
    Relegated: Cheltenham, Grimsby, Yeovil, Lincoln

Blue Square North
    Winners: Chester
    Promoted: Boston Utd

Blue Square South
    Winners: Dag & Red
    Promoted: Grays

Cup Winners
    League Cup: Man City
    JPT: Chesterfield
    FA Trophy: Fleetwood
    European Cup: AC Milan
    Euro Cup: Middlesbrough
    Club World Champions: AC Milan
    European Super Cup: Sampdoria

Last edited by Paggioram; 01-03-2010 at 22:25.

Amateur

Have enjoyed reading this career, the natural stady progression from the Blue Square South to the Premiership

Does the opportunity exist to move to a real big club yet? Would you move?

KUTGW

Amateur

If I was to move into a big club then there has to be a real challenge for me as part of it. I look at Liverpool who are not the force anymore and in financial meltdown so that would be a challenge. Also I look at Chelsea and they have done nothing for years and the squad is in termoil so that would be a challenge.

If the right club comes along then I would go.

Amateur

QPR - Season 19 - 20 - Start of season

Board Expectation
    League: Stay Clear of Relegation
    FA Cup: 5th Round
    League Cup: 4th Round
    Media Pred: 16th again!

Transfer Budget: £30m
    Wage: 489k
    Current Wage Spend: 473k

Ivory Coast Expectation
    World Cup Qual (Afr): Qualify easily from 3rd round

This has been a bad summer. I have always been proud of the fact that my teams morale is high however the problem is because I did well last season and we did well in europe all my players are known and we did not make europe this season and now I have my players being chased left right and center and the problem is that if I am not careful I might have to rebuild my team. Two of my players are being chased by Real Madrid so the question has to be will my board back me or sell from under me. I have decided that as there is no Europe to worry about this season then my target is this that I want to target as high in the league as possible and maybe make europe but alot rests on what side I have available come the season start.

International Squad

Not a good season for those from Nottingham.

Amateur

I was shocked at Notts County as they did have the resources to make a real go of the premier league but they never really kicked on.

Amateur

So the time has come that I knew would come one day.

The new challenge after I was offered a contract at a new club that comes with a 12k per week pay rise so I decided to say yes so goodbye for now QPR and good bye for now England.....

Amateur

Fiorentina - Season 20-21 - Joins Nov 2020

Board Expectation
    League: Not being judged (Currently 20th)
    Italian Cup: Not being judged

Transfer Budget: 9m
    Wage: 754k
    Current Wage Spend: 635k

Current Manager Rep: Continental
    Contract Length: 3.5 years
    Wage: 20k

Honours (Things won only)

Serie A: 1956, 1969
    Cup Winners Cup: 1961
    Italian Cup: 1940, 1961, 1966, 1975, 1996, 2001, 2014

Managers Thoughts

OK first of all I think I leave QPR in great shape this season as I left them they were sitting 3rd and have a brilliant team there now. So why move you might say. Simple it is the challenge. It is also the fact I get to manage in another country and attempt to rewake a club that I think can be classed as a sleeping giant and set myself a goal of being a player in Italy. I have personally always been a fan of Italian football and this is a chance I cannot pass over. All my backroom team walked out on QPR so I have sacked all the Fiorentina staff and my staff will arrive in a few days so here we go the rebuild of a giant starts now but they are bottom of the league so need to turn that around.

Amateur

You had to take the £12k pay rise!

Good luck in Italy it should throw up a different challenge.

International Squad

That's a big risk... sack all the Fiorentina staff to bring in your own, all of whom I would presume are not Italian.

Amateur

That is all very true. However I decided to take a risk as the Captain at the club is John Bostock and vice captain is Daniel Sturridge. Once January arrives and I bring in my own people they will have english as a language and some of the italians already speak english as well. I agree this was a risk but it was calculated.

International Squad

We'll see if your calculation says 2+2=5...

Amateur

My other logic is that it was the previous manager and these coaches that led the club into the relegation zone so the best thing also in my mind was a complete clear out of the coaces and start again. This will allow the club to grow and the players to get to like my staff and trust them and not coaches who I would get rid of. I already know that the key thing is getting confidence up and get them used to playing my style. Already in the league we are not challenging the places outside the bottom three and my confidence is high that we will survive.

The most significant score so far is 1-0 win at home to Inter.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Paggioram View Post
    My other logic is that it was the previous manager and these coaches that led the club into the relegation zone so the best thing also in my mind was a complete clear out of the coaces and start again. This will allow the club to grow and the players to get to like my staff and trust them and not coaches who I would get rid of. I already know that the key thing is getting confidence up and get them used to playing my style. Already in the league we are not challenging the places outside the bottom three and my confidence is high that we will survive.

The most significant score so far is 1-0 win at home to Inter.

I've been reading you're story for a good time now , and must admit i am very impressed.
    If i am to be honest I dont think you should have left QPR for italy .Sorry.

Amateur

Thanks for the feedback NEXT GENERATION. To be fair I think I had taken QPR as far as I could and was looking for another challenge so the chance to manage in Italy was a chance I could not pass up. I will be honest that I will miss QPR maybe as much as I miss Bishop's Stortford but have said before one day I want to return to Bishop's Stortford and finish the job I started and I might do the same with QPR. Since I joined Fiorentina new doors have opened for me as I have been linked in the press with summer moves to Juve and Barcelona. These are moves I was never linked with while at QPR so it might open lots of doors for me.

If I do keep Fiorentina up it will be one of if not the greatest achievment I have made as a manager and it might look strange but it was something I really had to do.

Part-Timer

A nice read. Maybe you should reconsider the title. Clough never managed abroad.

Amateur

Thanks jsolloso. No he did'nt well Nottingham is abroad to me.

International Squad

Why? Do you live in Wales?

Amateur

No I come from Derby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast