Taking a player off when you've used all your substitutes?

wow.... i was coming here to post the same. just used three subs and my AMC got the green cross and I wanted to remove him from play.....

how odd.

LAM

Ive had a injured striker and believe me, I would rather play with 10 men. He was off-side alot of time, wasnt able to send acceptable passes and it was aching to see the way he was controlling the ball.

Beside this. I AM the manager. When I would like to continue with 10 man in a match that doesnt make a difference. (Cup vs a 3rd division when already being in front 11-1)

I had a player that got seriously injured, and he needed to be taken off. Problem was I had made all 3 substitutions. So I watched as he slowly wandered off the pitch, before jogging back on, only to be booked by the ref for a foul he had commited (that was how he got injured) and then lie down midway between my box and the halfway line. He lay there for the last 20 mins or so of the match. Was kind of funny to imagine him sticking a leg out in an attempt to tackle anyone who came near him :)

Woulda been nice to be able to withdraw him though, even though I don't think he actually did anything.

You can take the player off if he has a green cross

Just try to substitute him and you'll get a message saying you've used all your subs but 'player' is carrying a knock do you want to take him off

Have you read any of the posts in this thread?

I was saying I wanted to sub a player who was in low condition, but without any injury or knock.

didnt it happen the other week in the PL ?

didnt spurs make 3 subs and then lennon had to come off aswell?? im not 100% on the team but it was deffo a PL side

Its definitely happened recently, not sure if it was Spurs or not though. I remember someone took off a player who should have been sent off, but wasnt, so voluntarily made his side down to 10 men.

Should be able to do it, I have no doubt it happens irl...

edit: I've had it beofore in FM where a player gets injured, has to come off, then at the end of the match in squad screen, theres sod all wrong with him...

Archived