Setting a rediculous price for my player has blown up in my face!

Gutted at this, as I'm sure many of us know, if you reject a bid from a bigger team for a player he tends to get upset so you try to blow them out of the water with your demands.

Juventus came enquiring about my star striker offering £20m upfront, £10m over 48 months and £5.75m after 20 goals. So I changed it to £50m upfront, £25m over 48 months and £10m after 20 goals and lo and behold, Juventus have just come up with the money for the deal, it has left me speechless as it's incredibly rare to see the AI go this far for a player but I'm having to pray the offering of a new contract will pay off.

depends on how much of the transfer money you get back to spend but even if its a lowly 20% thats still 15 million, I'm sure its probably more. Yes you dont often see AI fork out that much! In any case the chairman would have probably accepted a deal like that if you didnt!!! I'm sure he must be good though!

Well the trouble is currently I'm punching well above my weight, he was signed relatively cheaply (£15m) for my Stoke team, with a predicted finish of 9th I'm currently top and the kind of player needed to replace him we're talking only the kind of players clubs don't want to let go so the majority of it would be spent on signing a big striker who could immediately step into the void, because I'm currently top of the league with a game in hand so I don't want to throw it away whilst waiting for a prospect to develop.

The chairman did accept, it was still hugely shocking to see them come back with the money, I wouldn't have fancied Juventus to have that much laying around lol.

Bring Kitson in ;) haha..

He's only 33 and already retired in my game, I managed to sell him on to newcastle for £2m. I've just lost him to Juventus now so got to hope that the 80% of that transfer I get and my budget of £30m is enough to find an apt replacement lol. Roberto Sosa is amazingly good on my game, just no pace lol. On the search I did he's in the same company as Villa, Cardozo and Totti on my search for 18+ finishing, composure and off the ball.

It is Keirrison, he scored that many for me on FM09 and I signed him again on FM10. It's become frustrating because since he left I haven't won any of the 3 games, and can't find a replacement thus far for less than £40m - the prospects I had scouted I've left for too long and are now 20/21 and highly valued lol.

It is Keirrison, he scored that many for me on FM09 and I signed him again on FM10. It's become frustrating because since he left I haven't won any of the 3 games, and can't find a replacement thus far for less than £40m - the prospects I had scouted I've left for too long and are now 20/21 and highly valued lol.

85 million in - 40 million on a new player = 45 million net profit

Do it..... DO IT :D

I only got £50m in to the club up front, so that is all I have to play with at the moment - I just took on Totti on loan for the rest of the season he's old but he should do enough to keep me at the top end of the table, I was hoping to find some decent talent in Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Barca/Real Madrid/Inter etc reservers but there isn't any in January lol.

Archived