Chris Sutton

My mistake then. I thought he played a few times. I remember him and Shearer being know as the SAS for Blackburn and England. Must have been more for Blackburn then lol

On a side note, what does everyone think he will be like as a manager? I think he should be ok. He has played for England (even if its only once), won trophies, played for some top clubs and was a decent striker and not bad in defence.

My mistake then. I thought he played a few times. I remember him and Shearer being know as the SAS for Blackburn and England. Must have been more for Blackburn then lol

On a side note, what does everyone think he will be like as a manager? I think he should be ok. He has played for England (even if its only once), won trophies, played for some top clubs and was a decent striker and not bad in defence.

SAS for England were Shearer & Sheringham :thup:

i thought SAS was shearer and sheringham?

You are somewhat right, Shankly, the Shearer and Sutton partnership at Blackburn was often referred to as SAS, as seen here, here, here and even here, however the Teddy Sheringham and Alan Shearer England partnership was also referred to the SAS.

Chris Sutton played a number of games for the England U21 national team and made a couple of appearances in the B team, so maybe you're thinking of that.

You are somewhat right, Shankly, the Shearer and Sutton partnership at Blackburn was often referred to as SAS, as seen here, here, here and even here, however the Teddy Sheringham and Alan Shearer England partnership was also referred to the SAS.

Chris Sutton played a number of games for the England U21 national team and made a couple of appearances in the B team, so maybe you're thinking of that.

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP! Still only 1 cap tho haha

Archived