[FM10] Champions of Asia? No Fukien chance!

Raware

Game : Football Manager 2010 (PC)

Version : Official SI 10.1 patch

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded : All available Asian and Oceanic leagues :

• China (First Division and above)
  • Hong Kong (China PR) (First Division only)
  • India (National Football League only)
  • Indonesia (Premier Division and above)
  • Malaysia (Premier League and above)
  • Singapore (S-League only)
  • South Korea (N-League and above)
  • Australia (Hyundai A-League only)

I’ll be trying to play this game along side rancer’s Asian challenge, with the only exception being the addition of extra leagues to allow myself some longevity within my save. The challenge looks a difficult, but interesting one and whether or not I manage to complete the challenge remains to be seen. What I do know though is that it’ll be an interesting save both to play and to read. As I said, whilst I’ll be aiming to play along side rancers challenge rules, if I do receive an offer which is too good to turn down, I may take it even if I haven’t completed the challenge.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome, good or bad. :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Summary

Season   Team		League			Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    4th     -       
2011/12  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    5th     -     
2012/13  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    2nd     1st Div runners-up
2013/14  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
				   		  [b]League Cup winners[/b]
				                  [b]Senior Shield winners[/b] 
2014/15  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  League Cup runners-up
		                   		  [b]Senior Sheild winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]Asian Confederation Cup winners[/b]
2015/16  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  FA Cup runners-up
2016/17  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
2017/18  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
		                   		  Senior Sheild runners-up
2018/19  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
				   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019	 FC Seoul  	South Korean K-League     7th     [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
2020     FC Seoul	South Korean K-League     1st     [b]K-League winners[/b]
						  League Cup runners-up
2021	 FC Seoul	South Korean K-League     1st     [b]K-League winners[/b]
						  FA Cup runners-up 
						  [b]Asian Champions League winners[/b]
						  [b]Pan Pacific Championship winners[/b]

International Career Summary

Year      Country       	     Competition              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021      South Korea under 20's     Under 20's World Cup     Runners-up

Trophy room

Asian Champions League - 2021

Asian Confederation Cup - 2014/15, 2016/17, 2017/18

Pan Pacific Championship - 2021

South Korean K-League - 2020, 2021

South Korean FA Cup - 2019

Hong Kong 1st Division - 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19

Hong Kong FA Cup - 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19

Hong Kong League Cup - 2013/14, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19

Hong Kong Senior Shield - 2013/14, 2014/15, 2018/19

*All stats up to date to current season

So it begins…

I holidayed through a year and chose to start my managerial career in Hong Kong (as I live here). The first available previously unplayable team in the Hong Kong First Division was Fukien…so on August 1st 2010 I took charge where I have been given a 2 year contract on £275 p/w.

Fukien.gif

Fukien Athletic Club are a semi-professional club in Hong Kong who were formed in 1925. They have only a few notable honours in their history, those being Hong Kong Second Division champions in 2002 and Hong Kong Third A Division champions in 1999. They play their home games at MongKok Stadium which is shared by the majority of teams in Hong Kong and it has a capacity of 8,200.

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2010/11

Media Prediction : 10th

Board Expectations : Attempt to avoid relegation

With this season being the clubs first season in Hong Kong’s top division, it was all about survival which the media, the board and I all agreed upon on.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : A steady start which transpired to be the theme of our season…steady. I can have no complaints about it as we easily completed the seasons objective of avoiding relegation, finishing 4th in the league…the clubs highest ever league position.

FA Cup : With our focus clearly on the league this year, this wasn’t our priority and we went out in the 1st round.

League Cup : Again, our focus was primarily the league and we didn’t progress past the group stage.

Senior Shield : Needless to say we wasn’t aiming to win this cup due to our need to survive in the league. It was nice to reach the Quarters but it was again, Tai Po who seemed to be the bane of our cup competitions this year, who ended our run.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £30k/Wage budget : £1.99k p/w. With the squad looking very thin when I took over, getting players in of sufficient calibre to keep us up whilst keeping to the budgets I was given was of the utmost importance. My scouts were sent off to East Asia and they came back with some real bargains, most notably Bae Chun-Suk who finished the season as the clubs top scorer, netting 11 goals in 23 appearances. Along with the new faces that arrived, a lot of the dead wood that was already at the club was released, which eased the clubs finances slightly.

Squad : As I said, the squad was looking very thin when I arrived of both players and of quality. I’m delighted with the players we got in and am happy with shape and quality of the squad now. For us to build on this year though we have to strengthen it a little more, namely with some more quality home grown players.

Career Summary

Good luck with the new thread Raware (and great title :D). I'm sure it will be a cracking read as always.

If you go all the way with Fukien, would you then start at the bottom again in another league or see where the job offers take you?

Cheers DodgeeD, glad to have you aboard and I hope you enjoy it. :thup: (Glad you like the thread title too :D)

If, and it's a big if, I manage to go all the way with Fukien then i'm not entirely sure what i'd do. Whether i'd go to a bigger club or start again, I really don't know. I suppose it would depend on 1) how long it would take me to try and complete the challenge, 2) what job offers I get and if I fancy managing in another country and 3) whether I could be bothered to start from the bottom again. Who knows. I'll just see where it takes me, i'm happy with my league selection though.

Any plans for your FM10 thread appearing in here anytime soon? :D

Good luck with the second season! I live in Hong Kong as well so I'm pretty familiar with this club.

Good to see another HK resident here! :D Do you follow HK football?

Nice to see you back Raware. Thanks for the bit of free advertising.

Good luck with this. Don't forget the international element of the challenge! ;)

Cheers rancer, I wanted to do your challenge last year but as you know, 09 just frustrated the hell out of me and I ended up going back to 08. I hope 10 is better this year :D As for the international element of the challenge...i'm not even sure i'll be able to complete the basic challenge! To win the league let alone the ACL is going to be really tough! I'll give it a good go though.

Cheers for the comments though lads. :thup:

Any plans for your FM10 thread appearing in here anytime soon? :D

I have to take my Portuguese team to Champions League glory for the Big Euro Nation challenge first. Then comes the hard part: persuading my wife to let me use the much more powerful desktop computer to get plenty of leagues running for my career thread. :D

Glad to see your new career on FM10 RawareFantastic thread title as well

Cheers hamilton. Glad to have you following. I'd love it if I managed to find an Asian Bernard Brennan! :D

It is possible Raware. It just takes a while. :p

I don't remember anyone playing in HK completing my challenge (although I think someone won the ACL and CWC with a HK team, either rinso or Sazchu...), but there's a first for everything!

It may take a while! :D I did manage to win the ACL and CWC in FM08 but that was with Happy Valley, so unfortunately it didn't qualify for your challenge.

HK is fun!

It is indeed! I had a great save in HK on FM08 which I really enjoyed.

I have to take my Portuguese team to Champions League glory for the Big Euro Nation challenge first. Then comes the hard part: persuading my wife to let me use the much more powerful desktop computer to get plenty of leagues running for my career thread.

Just tell the missus how it is...like I tell mine! ;)

Nice steady job first season :thup:

I'm sure it wont be long before we see you dominating the HK league again.

Nice to see you back with the new installment. I'll be following.

Thanks WH. I hope you're right about the domination thing :D Although I have a feeling it'll be a little harder on FM10 than FM08. Glad to have you following :thup:

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2011/12

Media Prediction : 9th

Board Expectations : Avoid relegation

Despite our superb season in the HK First Division last year which saw us finish 4th, the media were still tipping us as favourites to go down this year. The board also felt relegation was a real possibility, so on the back of this I chose the seasons objective of avoiding relegation, knowing that we could still suffer from the dreaded second season syndrome.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We flew out of the blocks and made a great start to the season which at the halfway point saw us sat 2nd in the league. However, our lack of depth and quality showed as we fell off the pace and eventually finished in 5th place, one place and one point lower than last year. Still, an excellent season though in which we again, completed the season’s objective of avoiding relegation.

FA Cup : Once again, our priority this season was the league so it was no surprise that we went out of this cup. We managed to make it to the Quarters though which was pleasing.

League Cup : Once again we failed to make it past the group stage but we put in some impressive displays despite the losses.

Senior Shield : We received a bye straight into the Quarters this season but that’s as far as we went thanks to some awful refereeing decisions which saw two of our perfectly legitimate goals wiped out while Happy Valley scored from the spot after a dubious decision to award them a penalty, which replays showed after, wasn’t.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £0k/ Wage budget : £2.6k p/w. Again, we had no money to spend and our wage budget was almost at it’s limit. We desperately needed some home grown talent in the squad due to the foreigner rule so I sent my scouts out and about around Hong Kong. They came back with a few decent finds, but I was more pleased about getting rid of the deadwood.

Squad : While I’m satisfied with the look of the squad, we still lack the depth and quality needed to really push on in this league. Yes we managed to get some home grown talent in but the majority of them are still young and need first team experience, so I’ll still be on the look out for native players who are ready to play now. On the plus side Bae Chun-Suk has agreed to a two year contract extension which will see him stay with us until at least 2017. He was again our top scorer this season as he netted 10 goals in 22 appearances.

Career Summary

Career Summary

*Just to let you guys know...i've decided to give FM10 another go (withdrawal symptoms :D) that's why the previous comments about giving up have been removed (as if it never happened! :D). I'll try and keep some patience this time to avoid deleting any more comments! :D*

Well done on another good season.

Hope your scouts can find the standard of players you need to push on. Do South China still have the unfair advantage when it comes to Nationality of Home grown players?

Glad your sticking with it :thup:

Well done on another good season.

Hope your scouts can find the standard of players you need to push on. Do South China still have the unfair advantage when it comes to Nationality of Home grown players?

Glad your sticking with it

Cheers WH. I was pleased with another good season, even if we did finish a point and one place worse off than last year. At least we managed to stay up and show that we can hold our own in this league now.

My scouts have been out and about and have found a few decent signings, nothing worth shouting about though :(. It's really difficult as 1) we have no transfer budget 2) we have a small wage budget and 3) we're a part time club which makes it difficult to attract players.

By unfair advantage do mean that South China can have Chinese players that count as home grown players? If so, i'm not sure if they can. I know Dongguan a few years ago could but i'm not sure about South China.

And he's back!

Good to see this going again Raware. I see Tai Po came 2nd this season - fat chance of that happening in my game

Thanks DodgeeD. Yeah, i thought i'd give it another go as I was getting withdrawal symptoms. :D

I was also surprised at Tai Po finishing 2nd last season. It seems as if the HK teams are blowing hot and cold each year. Tai Po have finished 4th, 1st and 2nd the past 3 years but this season they're flirting with relegation. Happy Valley, probably one of the strongest teams in HK, were relegated a couple of seasons ago too. Maybe I could give you a few tips from what Tai Po have done for your save ;)

Raware, you're back!

HK seems to be my bogey league, but good luck to you next season.

Cheers rancer. I thought you were doing quite well in your HK game. Haven't you taken the Police from the 3rd division to the 1st division in 2 years? The step up to the 1st division is a big step up though and can be difficult...especially with part time clubs.

Hope you stick with it...I know how frustrating it can be! ;)

Cheers for the welcome back guys

Cheers rancer. I thought you were doing quite well in your HK game. Haven't you taken the Police from the 3rd division to the 1st division in 2 years? The step up to the 1st division is a big step up though and can be difficult...especially with part time clubs.

Hope you stick with it...I know how frustrating it can be! ;)

Cheers for the welcome back guys

I had a little bit of withdrawal syndrome from that save... :p

I'll definitely have another go at it though. If you can do it, I hope I can too. I just need a win first. :D

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2012/13

Media Prediction : 8th

Board Expectations : Avoid relegation

Again, on the back of a good season last year, the media were still not convinced of our ability to hold our own in this division and promptly placed us amongst the favourites to battle it out in a relegation dog fight. I however, was feeling quietly confident of at least matching last years final position but I still chose the season’s objective of avoiding relegation to avoid putting any unnecessary pressure on us.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We made a good start to our season which saw us lose only 1 game out of our first 5. From there we seemed to gain momentum and couldn’t stop winning as we went on a record 7 match winning streak which by the half way mark of the season saw us sat proudly at the top of the league. I was expecting us to fade away in the second half of the season but we managed to keep up our form which left the title to be decided on the last day of the season. With ourselves and South China sat level on 37 points going into the last game, we had to hope South China would lose (as the league sorting rules go on results between teams rather than goal difference and we hadn’t beat South China in the league), while we picked up at least a point. South China lost…but so did we thanks to a 40 yarder from Happy Valley’s defensive midfielder. Nevertheless, a truly outstanding season for us and one which has qualified us for next year’s Asian Confederation Cup for the first time in the clubs history. :D

FA Cup : For the second successive year we made it to the Quarters which was pleasing but having drawn South China it was always going to be difficult to progress.

League Cup : Our usual poor performance in this competition as we again, failed to make it past the group stage. At least we won a game though! ;)

Senior Shield : We reached the Quarters in this cup too which was pleasing but for the second successive season, some shocking refereeing decisions cost us dearly. :mad:

Transfers : Transfer budget : £0k/ Wage budget : £3.1k p/w. I’m getting used to having no transfer funds at all now as my scouts were sent out to look for bargains again. They came back with some decent finds but nothing to shout about…until after xmas that is. Bian Peng, Yang Jianhui, Ju Yingzhi and Chen Jianlong all look like good players and I have high hopes for them for next season. I was also pleased with the players we got rid of. None of them figured in my long term plans and although £47k isn’t a lot…it’s eased our financial woes as we now sit in the black!

Squad : The squad is really starting to take shape now. I’m pleased with the strength and depth of it, although it could still do with strengthening slightly at the back and a few more home grown players wouldn’t hurt us. We’ve managed to tie our star South Koreans down to 5 year contracts now after they again impressed this season, in particularly Seo Young-Duk who hit 13 goals in 23 appearances to become the clubs top scorer for the season and Yoo Wook-Jin who claimed the Hong Kong Fans Player of the Year.

Career Summary

Next season, the title. :thup:

Regardless, nicely done to get into a continental competition.

I hope you're right! Although I know i'm going to get hammered in the ACC next season as i'm only allowed 3 foreigners.

What are you back? :(

Yep, I thought i'd give it another go. Although my initial frustrations with the game cost me the title on the last day of the season as Happy Valley's defensive midfielder smashed in a 40 yarder. :(

By unfair advantage do mean that South China can have Chinese players that count as home grown players? If so, I'm not sure if they can. I know Dongguan a few years ago could but I'm not sure about South China.

Maybe I'm getting my teams muddled up. I remember in your old save one of your rivals had an advantage when it came to the players they could sign, they were not classed a foreigners if i recall. Maybe i am muddling up with something else i have read.

Yeah, HKFC, Lucky Mile and Club Colts are allowed English players to count as home grown players and Dongguan in the past were allowed Chinese players as home nationals. I'm not aware of anyone else allowed foreign players to count as home nationals...but I could be wrong.

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2013/14

Media Prediction : 4th

Board Expectations : Safe mid-table finish

Finally, after 3 seasons of holding our own within the league, the media were no longer associating relegation with us and predicted us to finish 4th. The board were also convinced of our ability now to stay in the division and expected a safe-mid table finish.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : Once again, we made a good start to our season, which was the foundation on what we built our season on. We racked up some impressive wins and managed to go on a run of 10 games unbeaten which propelled us to the top of the table at the halfway mark. With our momentum in full swing, we took this form into the second half of the season where, thanks to a superb win over rivals South China, helped us on our way to claiming the title for the first time in the clubs history.

FA Cup : We made it to the Quarter-finals again this year but that’s where our journey ended after a poor performance against Citizen cost us.

League Cup : With us failing to make it past the group stages in the past 3 years, I wasn’t expecting anything different this year. But to my delight, and a little help with the draws in which we avoided the ‘big’ teams, we amazingly went all the way and claimed the League Cup for the first time in the clubs history.

Senior Shield : I wasn’t expecting anything in this cup either but once again, the cup draw was lucky to us and we avoided the ‘big’ teams to go on and claim this trophy for the first time in the clubs history.

Asian Confederation Cup : I was expecting nothing other than gaining some invaluable experience in our debut season in this competition, so for us to finish top of our group and make it to the Quarter-finals is an amazing achievement for us and one that I’m happy with.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £12k/ Wage budget : £4.5k p/w. We had a bit of money to spend this year but that didn’t tempt me into a spending frenzy (all £12k of it!). This year was about quality, not quantity and I was delighted with the faces we brought in. After Citizen’s relegation in the 2011/12 season, several of their players handed in transfer requests and I was quick to answer their calls as I managed to get Brazilians Henrique and William in on free transfers. Both look quality and had already been in Hong Kong for 2 years so that’ll help in them gaining citizenship quicker. Wei Zhonghu, despite being 30 years old, was a snip at £4k as his experience was a great asset throughout the season, as was Godfred Karikari who netted 7 goals for us after being released by South China. The other signing was a young Spaniard, who after much praise from my scouts, failed to live up to expectations. Whether he stays or not will be up for debate.

Squad : After adding a bit of much needed quality to the squad this year, it showed as the group of players went on to claim 3 trophies this year. I’m pleased with the strength and depth we now have and the competitiveness we can now show. However, we have 12 foreigners in the squad and only 5 can be fielded in the starting 11 (8 in the match squad) so we’ll need a couple more quality home grown players if we’re going to continue our push for success. Again, that man Bae Chun-Suk was our star player as he bagged 26 goals in 29 games to claim the clubs top scorer award in a season. At 24 years old now, he’s starting to show what he can do and has his best years ahead of him…hopefully with us as we tied him down until 2018.

One other point to note this year was the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award which was awarded to me after guiding Fukien to their first ever 1st Division title! :D

Career Summary

Congrats on doing the treble Raware. :thup: (Oh, what a dream to not have to face South China in the cups!) And good progress in the Confederation Cup too. Who do you face in the semis?

I see Tai Po were rock bottom in the league but with 10 points better than Fukien on my save so far. :p

Congrats on doing the treble Raware. (Oh, what a dream to not have to face South China in the cups!) And good progress in the Confederation Cup too. Who do you face in the semis?

I see Tai Po were rock bottom in the league but with 10 points better than Fukien on my save so far.

Cheers DodgeeD, it definitely helped avoiding South China and the fact that they sold Carrijo who always seemed to score against me helped towards their 'poor' season in which they only won the FA Cup! ;)

Big D, Raware got eliminated in the Quarter-finals, so I don't think he'll be facing anyone in the semis.
Yep, I won't be playing anyone in the semis as rancer kindly pointed out! ;)
Great work on winning the league Raware.

Big D, Raware got eliminated in the Quarter-finals, so I don't think he'll be facing anyone in the semis.

Thanks rancer. That's one box ticked on your challenge...now for the ACL and the CWC. I have a feeling it may be a while before that though! I've gotta win the ACC first but even before that, I have to turn professional if i've any chance of attracting better players. 4 years and we're still semi-pro :(

Oh, and Kim Pan-Gon has just been sacked as HK national coach. I applied for the job but unfortunately didn't get it...maybe next time. :(

Well done mate, after steady inprovement for a few seasons you have reached the top. If past installments are anything to go by, World domination is coming! Well, Hong Kong domination anyway. :thup:

Are you being linked to any jobs though? I wouldn't leave unless I get offered a better job, and not going with the resignation route. :D

No, i've not been linked with anyone...yet. :D Oh no, I won't leave by resigning, only if I get offered a job too good to turn down will I leave.

Well done mate, after steady inprovement for a few seasons you have reached the top. If past installments are anything to go by, World domination is coming! Well, Hong Kong domination anyway. :thup:

Cheers mate. I'm pleased with the progress we've made over the past 4 seasons...like you say, steady improvement. At the minute I reckon we could start dominating HK with the squad we have but for us to kick on, we need that extra calibre of player...and that'll only come if we turn pro.

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2014/15

Media Prediction : 3rd

Board Expectations : Title challenge

On the back of last year’s success, both the media and the board were expecting us to make a push to retain our title this year.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : For us to retain our title this year, a good start was of the utmost importance; and this is exactly what we had as we won all of our first 5 games. This form carried on throughout the rest of the season which led to us achieving an unbeaten season and completing the season’s objective of retaining our title with a 3-0 win over rivals South China with a game to go. There was nothing more satisfying than claiming the title in front of the South China fans! :D

FA Cup : If I’m honest, I’m getting pretty sick and tired of poor refereeing decisions costing us in the cups :mad: as once again some awful decisions resulted in our exit. With 2 clear cut penalties denied, Sha Tin equalised in the dying minutes and then went on to beat us on penalties.

League Cup : As defending champions we were out to defend our title this year. Although we lost to South China in the final, I was still pleased at how far we went in this cup…unlike the fans, who were distraught at losing in the final.

Senior Shield : Another cup in which we were out to defend our title. If last year we were lucky in the teams we were drawn against, this year was a total opposite as we were drawn against arguably the best teams in Hong Kong. With an impressive performance against South China and some nerves of steel in the other 2 games, we went on to claim this cup for the 2nd successive year.

Asian Confederation Cup : This competition was again all about gaining some invaluable experience and if we could match last year’s achievements I would have been more than happy. Needless to say, I’m amazed at how we performed against some of Asia’s biggest teams and for us to go on and win the ACC in only our 2nd season in the competition is truly an amazing feat. Neither the board, the fans or myself were expecting anything like this and it just goes to show how far Hong Kong football is progressing as South China narrowly missed out on meeting us in the final as they succumbed to Al-Arabi in the semi’s.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £44k/ Wage budget : £5k p/w. We blew the transfer budget this year as we brought in Dai Qinhua for £26k and youngster Wong Wai Hung for £18k. Dai Qinhua already has Hong Kong citizenship which was a real help for us and Wong Wai Hung is said to be held in very high regard and is touted as a star for the future. We also managed to bring in 5 other players on free transfers with Brazilians Cahe and Ricardinho turning out to be excellent buys.

Squad : The squad is looking very strong now and I’m pleased with the depth we’ve got. A few players have also claimed citizenship (Yang Junhui, Chen Jianlong and reserve keeper Bian Peng) and a few more only have a couple more years to wait which has helped us massively this year in fielding a consistently strong side with the foreigner rule in place. The stand out player for us once again has been Bae Chun-Suk who netted an impressive 36 goals in 33 games to claim both the Hong Kong top goal scorer award and the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award. He ripped the league apart this year and without a doubt, without him, we would have really struggled this year. Several South Korean clubs have expressed an interest in him recently but he’s just agreed an extension on his contract which will see him extend his stay with us until 2020 so he’s not going anywhere! :D

One other award worth a mention is the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award which I claimed for the 2nd consecutive year. :D

Career Summary

2014/15  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  League Cup runners-up

Transfer budget : £44k/ Wage budget : £5k p/w. We blew the transfer budget this year

I couldn't help but laugh at you saying 'we blew' the £44k transfer kitty as if you went mental with millions, Real Madrid style - who would lose £44k down the back of the sofa!! Sorry my friend, it's late and I just found it funny :o

Congratulations on a great season, especially the ACC win! :eek: Does that mean both Fukien and South China get into the ACL qualifiers next season?

The fan feedback is annoying at times. I've had tham 'devastated' by a loss in the cup final, 'disappointed' by a narrow defeat in the league and 'pleased by our effort' by a quite heavy semi final defeat in another cup - all to South China as well :roleyes:

Good luck in the ACL. :thup:

Well done on another treble (of sorts)

(I'm guessing the Senior Shield is not a high-profile competition)

Thanks JTY. Yep, you're right in that the Senior Shield is the Mickey Mouse cup in HK. Still, nice to win a trophy though...even if it's total carp! :D

I couldn't help but laugh at you saying 'we blew' the £44k transfer kitty as if you went mental with millions, Real Madrid style - who would lose £44k down the back of the sofa!! Sorry my friend, it's late and I just found it funny :o

Ha ha, I know. £44k...a shocking transfer budget for champions of a league! I think I may have spent next year's transfer budget in that too!

Congratulations on a great season, especially the ACC win! Does that mean both Fukien and South China get into the ACL qualifiers next season?

The fan feedback is annoying at times. I've had tham 'devastated' by a loss in the cup final, 'disappointed' by a narrow defeat in the league and 'pleased by our effort' by a quite heavy semi final defeat in another cup - all to South China as well :roleyes:

Good luck in the ACL.

Cheers DodgeeD. I was amazed that we managed to win the ACC in such a short time span :eek:. If memory serves me right, winning that should put us in the ACL next year and with that, bigger prize money and higher gate receipts so hopefully we can think about turning professional soon. I'm not sure that South China will qualify for the ACL though as they only reached the semi's...similar to real life this year where they lost to Al-Kuwait 3-1 on agg in the semi's (I actually went to the game).

Archived