Ladies, Gentleman & Liechtensteiners unite. The European adventures of Eschen/Mauren

ToMexico!!

Simple game really. Thanks to Worcester City Researchers data of Liechtenstein I've decided to load up just that league. Added the nations of Switzerland and Austria for a few extra players.

Being any team from Liechtenstein would be tough and I didn't want to spend the time having to become a force in such a small country, although I doubt it would take that long. I wanted to see how far I could progress a club in Europe.

So I have taken over USV Eschen/Mauren. The set up of WCRs data means the league has only 6 teams, who play each other 4 times. Eschen are a semi professional club with a National reputation. Finances are pretty poor sitting at just under 5k. Will address this asap, with a couple of friendlies. We are predicted first in the league, with rivals Balzers in 2nd.

Eschen play at a 6000 capacity stadium, Sportpark Eschen-Mauren used to be the national stadium before a new stadium in Vaduz was built. We have Basic training and Minimal youth facilities. We do have staff which is great, I will update those over the coming seasons with my own.

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2009 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

Media Prediction: 1st

Finished: 1st - Champions

Transfers - We had a pretty strong squad as it was but it was all about fine tuning it. We had no money to spend unless we fiddled the budgets, which I did for our one money signing. We got rid of 4 players during the season, pushed a load into the B team and signed 12 altogether. A change of formation mid way through the season promting a few extra signings for depleted positions.

League - We started poorly, although we won 4 from the first 6. We ground out wins but played rubbish, I let my players know and they bit back, a couple becoming unhappy. We struggled along losing the odd game. Scoring was our problem, so I changed tactics to my strengths, a 4-2-1-2-1 formation was adopted, with no wide players and we then started to score a few goals. A 3-0 win was followed by a 5-0 one, fun times at last. We went on a nice 6 game winning streak, securing the title with a game in hand.

Cup - Would normally say Cups Suck Arse, but noooo. We won the national cup against our B team, shows the strength of the club. We only played one first team in the whole competition, Ruggell.

Squad | Henrique

Finances - Friendlies v Zenit, Anderlecht, Olympiakos and Ingolstadt earnt us a hefty 100k. Thinking we would loose money left, right and centre we would need that. But we made a profit in all but one month. Cup and League wins added an extra 200k in prize money. The board accepted my advances to improve the facilities.

Next Season?

• Replicate season
  • Enjoy Europe
  • Strengthen key positions

Season |Finished  |Points |Cup       |Europe              |Other
2009   |1st       |45     |Winners   |N/A                 |Facilities Upgrade

How many threads have you started here ?

Good luck with this one

Think you'll find this is my second one on FM10, other one was with Downham Town which I left due to Downham moving leagues which I felt ruined my game.

2010 Season update coming soon.

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2010 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

Transfers - We were given a massive 180k to spend which was more than enough as there just wasn't the players that wanted to come to little old Liechtenstein. However the player we did sign were marvelous. Nine players came in altogether, with 3 leaving. We spent a massive £50 on Pirker from Rothis, and with 10 goals he was a decent signing too. Playing the tight diamond formation we needed to strengthen MC and AMC areas aswell, we spent 5k on Ivo Bastos, a Portuguese AMC from Merelinense. I also managed to strengthen the back line along with a new goalkeeper. Portillo, probably the best transfer of the season, providing excellent defensive skills and having that attacking threat at set plays. We then raided Vaduz for 2 left backs, Cerrone, my first choice and Ritzberger, a Liechtenstein international who will provide excellent cover, both arriving in the mid season transfer window.

League - Started amazingly before a small blip, losing and drawing one before we ploughed on to win the league with 4 games to spare. We powered the goals in this season, with just over 2 every game, although I would like to improve that somewhat. We conceded only 7 goals this season which shows how good my defence is.

Cup - Rubbish. We won our group with 4 points. We drew Ruggell in the quarters, we drew the game 0-0 and lost on penalties.

Europe - A decent little run from Eschen. We managed to beat Kazakstan side Aktobe, 6-2 on aggregate. Leg 1 | Leg 2. That set up a tie with Albanian side Vllaznia who had put Kilmarnock out in the previous round. A 1-1 draw away from home bode well for the home leg, fans flocked, well 1177 of them to see us beat them 3-2. Leg 1 | Leg 2. We were then given a glamour tie, well I thought so, Osasuna were out next opponents. I was expecting much, only for our lads to go out there with pride. We lost the first leg 2-0 at home and the 2nd leg 3-0 in Spain. Leg 1 | Leg 2.

Squad | Henrique | Magro

Finances - Another season of profit, another facilities upgrade. Most of our money was made from our European adventures, where we made around 500k.

Next Season?

• Same again
  • Find a 15+ a season goalscorer.

2010   |1st       |53     |Quarters  |4th Qual Rd         |Facilities Upgrade No2

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2011 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

Transfers - Just the 5 players coming in this season, those players were fine tuning a decent squad. First in was Zuber, a ST but he made no impact. We paid £500 for a back up goalkeeper in Berisha, signed from St Gallen. We then signed a new DM, Vicente, another Swiss national, he slotted straight into the first team. We then signed a RWB/RM for a massive 150k from Swiss side Wil, I thought I had the huge budget I'll use it, Maag, at only 20, will be retrained as a RB. The last player to come in was a new CB to partner Portillo. Croatian Hebib was previously at Grasshoppers. Lots of fringe and youth players left.

League - We started well but had competition from Ruggell early on, who did manage to overtake us on a couple of occasions. We then went from strength to strength and pushed on, we didn't lose a single game this season. We conceded just the 10 goals, we leaked a couple when I played a few reserves players after we had won the league, which we had done with 2 games spare.

Cup - Drawn with Triesen and Balzers B in the group, we comfortably got through. We then drew Balzers B in the next round, we won 1-0. Triesenberg B were up next in the Semi's, we thrashed them 3-0. We met Ruggell B in the final were we dispatched them 4-1.

Europe - Just the one round this time, we got a tough draw against Norway's Sandjeford.

Leg 1 | Leg 2

Squad | Pirker | Pimenta | Perviz

Finances - Another improvement but a smaller one than the previous seasons. That was due to player purchases, another facilities improvement and only featuring in one round of Europe.

Next Season?

• Find some Liechtensteiners
  • Improve attacking options

2010   |1st       |53     |Quarters  |4th Qual Rd         |Facilities Upgrade No2
2011   |1st       |48     |Winners   |2nd Qual Rd         |Youth Facilities Upgrade

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2012 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

Transfers - Only the 3 players in this season, I was targeting attacking options in the pre season window but we failed to find a definitive choice, I did sign Selmani from rivals Ruggell on a free he was probably 4th choice behind my AM/FCs who actually started in the AMC position. I then signed another GK, scouts were sent across the border into Austria and they found what I would call a gem for this level, signed immediately though not as first choice. Late March saw the arrival of Leitner, another Austrian and a player who would can become first choice cover for either AMC or the FC slot. His goals proved he was able enough to step up even to first choice FC. Silly amounts of B and U19 players left.

League - We cruised the league again and became champions with 5 games to play. However we did not achieve our highest points total which was a shame, drawing both of our last 2 games was disappointing. Though finishing a massive 18 points clear in a 20 game league is quite good. We had 4 or 5 stand out players again this season, three scoring 10 or more goals and two players who achieved 14 and 15 assists each.

Cup - Winners again, making this the back to back for the first time. We made it hard for ourselves in the final though. Balzers B the opponents, we led 1-0 til the 87min before they equalised, we struck back through substitute Magro, we then gave a sloppy penalty away deep into injury time but Marques was the hero saving a poor spot kick. Their goal was the only one conceded in all 5 cup games.

Europe - Much better this time round, we dispatched a biggish side on the way too. First up though was a double header against Serbians Javor, we lost 2-1 at theirs before a 4-1 demolition job at home, sending us through. Leg 1 | Leg 2. That set up a fixture with Belgians KV Mechelen. A away goal was crucial for us, we got that in a 2-1 defeat, the goal coming from Maag our right back and penalty taker. That gave me a little confidence going into the return leg at home a week later. We battled bravely throughout the first half and we were rewarded with 15mins to go when AMC, Pimenta slotted home from 18 yards to give us the lead. We had become Giantkillers \o/ Leg 1 | Leg 2.

The 4th Qualifying Draw threw up some surprises and we were drawn against English 'heavyweights' Everton. Another giantkilling coming? Home leg was first and we started brightly, having a couple of opportunities to take the lead, then it came the first goal. Not for Everton though, Simon Pirker was slipped through by Perviz, he took the ball on and smashed into in the bottom corner. 1-0 to Eschen. We then endured a bombardment of chances from Everton which we knew was coming, it was until the 85th minute when they scored, Morten Gamst Pedersen slotting home from close range. The game finished 1-1, I was delighted, no matter what happened at Goodison in the return leg. The inevitable happened and we were smashed for five with no reply. Leg 1 | Leg 2.

Squad | Perviz | Pimenta

Finances - Another huge improvement, with nearly 3mil in the bank, Board a rejecting my advances of a facilities upgrade once again saying they are the best in the league, which they are but I want better. Would be happy with just a youth upgrade as the players we've had through so far are poor.

Next Season?

• Find some Liechtensteiners
  • Unbeaten season.
  • Same again in Europe

2011   |1st       |48     |Winners   |2nd Qual Rd         |Youth Facilities Upgrade
2012   |1st       |49     |Winners   |4th Qual Rd         |-

Total domination! How far do you intend to try and take Eschen/Mauren? Any plans on moving to Austria or Switzerland any time soon? With only 3 leagues loaded do you plan on having a long term game with this?

Questions, questions! ;)

Total domination! How far do you intend to try and take Eschen/Mauren? Any plans on moving to Austria or Switzerland any time soon? With only 3 leagues loaded do you plan on having a long term game with this?

Questions, questions! ;)

I've only got Liechtenstein loaded. I've added the nations of Switzerland and Austria purely for the players, not the leagues. So there is no moving leagues. I want to steadily build a team to compete at a decent level in Europe. Though the only problem is that because of Liechtenstein's low reputation means they don't even have a team qualify for the Champions League qualifying rounds. I'm stuck with Europa League until either I enhance the reputation by doing well in the Europa League or building better co-efficients with the national side. A tough ask but something I hope to do with this save.

My first target is complete a season where I win every game. I want to also find a goal scorer capable of scoring 40 goals a season etc. Small things like that.

Swiss leagues still. A little disappointed that they were not included in WCRs db but am happy with how its panned out. Although its a complete domestic domination from Eschen/Mauren I'm more for the European Challenge. This is the first save I'm actually enjoying and not holidaying odd weeks etc because I'm bored with the save.

Swiss leagues still. A little disappointed that they were not included in WCRs db but am happy with how its panned out. Although its a complete domestic domination from Eschen/Mauren I'm more for the European Challenge. This is the first save I'm actually enjoying and not holidaying odd weeks etc because I'm bored with the save.

I have found it very hard to move up in the Euro Co-efficents. Have qualified for groups of either UEFA Cup or CL for the last 4 or 5 years and not alot of movement. Irritating.

Winning the league still gets me to the 1st Q round of CL and cominf second get me the UEFA Cup.

Hopefully it wil be easier for you mate, KUTGW :thup: :thup:

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2013 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

First up we turned Professional which was a major help. That opened up so many more transfer avenues although it did not helps with scouting.

Transfers - Big money signings this season, starting with Jerko Juric, looks fantastic and should be a major influence on the team and its progression. Then came Peric for 40k, not big money but nevertheless a money signing. Liechtensteiner Buchel was signed on a free transfer after being released by Zurich. Next was hot property David Maly, Sparta Prague accepted a tidy 230k bid. We then blew our biggest transfer with a 375k signing of a utility player, Antonio Buljevic who signed from Dinamo. The 'summer' window saw 2 signings, Swiss national Fracchinetti who can either play right or left back. We then signed another player to watch, Javier from Racing, who listed for a mere 90k although he was valued at 1.2m. 13 players left plus more youth/bosmans after the screenshot was taken.

League - Champions again as we cruised the league with ease. We did let slip a few points from winning positions but they were in the middle of the European run and at the end of the season in the penultimate game of the season. We had two outstanding players in Jukic and Perviz.

Cup - Three times in a row for Eschen/Mauren now, was reletively easy, scoring 20 goals in 5 matches whilst only conceding 3.

Europe - More giantkilling for Mauren. First round was straight forward as we dispatched Slovenia side Trnava, 4-0 on aggregate. Leg 1 | Leg 2. Second round saw us come up against Danish side Aab. We won an absolute thriller at the Energi Nord Arena five goals to three, Jukic the real hero smashing in a hat-trick. The home game wasn't bore either, a 2-2 draw and a double from star Jukic, seeing Aab off 7-5 on aggregate. Leg 1 | Leg 2.

That set up a tie with Recreativo. Possibly the second toughest opponent in my 4 seasons in Europe. We put to the sword away from home 4-1, Jukic with the (could be) key away goal. We started on fire in the home leg, Jukic scoring from the spot after just 2mins. Then again on 15mins Jukic scoring a low shot to the left hand corner. 2-0 up, we needed just one more goal and not to concede to advance. Disaster! Recreativo score. 2-1. Games end at that score. We would have needed a miracle to advance after the away goal conceded. Leg 1 | Leg 2.

Squad | Jukic | Perviz | Maag | Maly | Javier

Finances - We lost a fair bit of money over the course of the season but that was to be expected with the signings we made and therefore the wages I had to pay. Will hope to improve them with a better run in the Europa League.

Next Season?

• Unbeaten season.
  • Same again in Europe

2013   |1st       |50     |Winners   |4th Qual Rd         |Turned Professional

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2014 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

A massive season for Eschen/Mauren as gained valuable ground in Europe and achieved a fantastic feat in winning every game in the League the only sour note was the National Cup.

Transfers - Another season of refined player purchases. Only the six players in and six out. We had two key back up players in, van der Berg, for up front but was never used, the other was Gregory Dubois a French centre back who signed for a mere 190k from PSG. Our best signing of the season was probably Khaled Chafni who came for free from Groningen, he took over the CB mantle from Portillo. The board formed a link with St Gallen and they sent another forward who was unused aswell.

League - A breeze. Undefeated. 20 wins from 20 games. The perfect season. We secured the league with the 6 games to go which was an achievement in its own right. The only thing I can improve on is the amount of goals conceded.

Cup - Poor, with our squad we should have won it again. Though our exit was on penalties but we can't all be perfect.

Europe - Amazing season, managing to reach the group stages was fantastic.

2nd Qual Round v WIT-Georgia (Leg 1 | Leg 2)

3rd Qual Round v Dinamo (Leg 1 | Leg 2)

4th Qual Round v Basel (Leg 1 | Leg 2)

Groups Stage Draw - A tough group, no hope of progression, I just ask for my team to perform well.

Home v Stuttgart

Away v Nantes

Away v Ath. Madrid

Home v Ath. Madrid

Away v Stuttgart

Home v Nantes

Final Group Table - as expected.

Squad

Jukic - amazing, simple as. 52 goals from 36 games was immense.

Perviz - all round performer, goals, assists.

Finances - Improved thanks to Europe. Around 1.2mil from Prize money in total.

Next Season?

• Domestic Double!
  • European Group Stages

2014   |1st       |60     |Semis     |Group Stages        |

No European football this season for Eschen due to not winning the National Cup completely forgot about the rules. This gives me a chance to ensure on the Domestic Double target I set myself for the coming season.

Transfer wise this pre season I've raided Africa for some young stars of the future. Half purchased outright and the other half Loaned in with the view to purchase.

Mensah, ST - Signed from Kokoto, Ghana for 50k. Put in the B team and have set his status to available for loan.

Keita, D/WB L - LB was a position I needed strengthening. The ASEC player signed on loan for 3.5k with a 60k future fee set.

Sithole, ST - Another ST, another loanee. 9k fee this time, the South African joins from Orlando Pirates with future fee of 150k.

Daniels, DC - Also joined from Orlando on loan for a 5k fee. The South African has a 70k future fee.

Khalifa, DR/L - Bought for 160k, his adaptability for both right and left hand side is invaluable.

I also have the future transfers of...

Andoh, MC - Joining from Kokoto also, for only 45k. Someone who I will look to loan out before using in the first team in a seasons time.

Kone, ST - Another great looking striker. Signing from ASEC for 95k.

eschen-maurenescudo.gif

2015 - Eschen/Mauren - Liechtenstein

Back to our Domestic best. Double winners without a hitch.

Transfers - As I posted above, we raided African sides for loan and full time signings. We brought in a couple of quality players who adapted well. Aside from Africans we signed two other players, a new GK, much needed as Marques was poor last season by his standards and feeder club St Gallen sent us Studer on loan. Our spending totalled 425k for the season. That was offset by the sale of Buljevic to Rijeka for 375k, what we paid for him, the sale upsetting the fans.

League - Not a full season of wins but a unbeaten nevertheless, thus stretching that unbeaten run to 70 games in the league. We scored 2 more goals than last season but conceded one more. However a +59 GD was excellent.

Cup - Much better. Winners with ease. Beating Schaan B, Triesenberg, Triesen and Schaan on the way to the final. Beating Ruggell at the Liechtenstein national stadium.

Squad

Jukic - Immense again. 33 goals in 25 games. 117 goals in 91 games. Wants to move to a bigger club, but somehow tied him down until 2019.

Perviz - 16 goals and 15 assists in 23 games is awesome from AMC. 85 career assists now. Sparta Prague have been interested for 2 seasons now.

Maly - Reformed AMC, awesome passing ability and creativity. Wanted by a few clubs.

Andoh - Took the MC mantle from Javier who dropped back to DM. Wanted by numerous clubs.

Dubois - Coming along nicely, solid at the back whilst posed an attacking threat from set pieces.

Finances - Becoming poorer but still relatively decent balance. Europa League will help next season.

Next Season?

• Compete in Europe
  • Make some money.

2014   |1st       |60     |Semis     |Group Stages        |
2015   |1st       |54     |Winners   |N/A                 |Domestic Double

Congrats on reaching the Europa League group stages. A great achievement :thup:

Do Vaduz compete in the cup? How are they performing in the Swiss Leagues?

Thanks, has been pretty straight forward domestically as you can see. We had to break that 4th Qual Round duct which took the 5th time of asking once there we were no match. The gap between the quality was immense, its all about bridging that gap somehow, I just need to be taken over big time for some money.

Vaduz are not in either the League nor Cup. I don't know how well they are doing as the Swiss leagues are not loaded.

Sorry, I misread the OP (by 'nations' thought you meant Austrian and Swiss leagues were loaded rather than players).

Hope your stay at sportsdirect@St. James' Park doesn't keep you away from here for too long!

Already given that up. I just can't play with teams with decent(ish) squads. I have to start with crap all players and build a team over seasons. Just trying to get the Greek Regional divisions to work, but with much frustration of trying to get 10 divisions into one play-off league then having 4 teams promoted into 2 leagues just won't work. Garrr...

Archived