Having played this game so much I can reveal the following conclusions:
1) end of match ratings are rigged to 'even things up', eg. the player's GK can save 2 shots and get a 8, whereas the computer's GK will save 10 shots and get a 7. This happens all the time to hide the fact that AI of the GK's is ridiculously warped.
2) You can play the best team in the world and still lose to the most mediocre team, just because of this 'evening up' factor in the match engine - also what you do during the game/team talks etc have no effect in the actual match engine itself.
3) Attributes play little to no part in the actual results. What the actual parameters for victory are remain hidden, though I have a feeling its linked to the season in its full length, eg. if you're striker scored loads of goals at the start of the season, he will have a mysterious 'dry patch' in the 2nd half of thes season to again 'even things up' for the AI.
4) Last minute goals are another thing, I think having played the game extensively that a team with a bigger reputation is far more likely to score late goals that affect match outcomes, than a team that has a lesser reputation but has players in ability that dwarf's the opposition.
5) And finally the tactics, they have little affect on the game if any. The most frustrating this (and a lot of this game is frustratingly pre-determined) is that the people who release the game place so much emphasis on the 'mental' side of the game, 'think like a manager' etc, and all the bull you read in the manual with the elaborate wording etc, which really is all a big fat marketing smokescreen for the willing public to buy into when really the dynamics of the game are very basic, clearly pre-determined and ultimately a waste of your valuable time.
Thank you, and have a very merry christmas.
Ps. If this thread gets deleted why do you think that is?