What's wrong?

I mean what exactly is wrong with FM 2010. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something is wrong, I just can't get into this game. If you look around the game it looks great with all the new features from the backroom staff meetings to the on field quick instructions to change games. The problem I find myself is that it doesn't matter how good this game looks or promises to be the actual gameplay in match is lacking so much bringing the rest of the game down for me.

As someone who has played all the Football Managers and since CM 01/02 I have been rather successful, but in FM 2010 I cannot string two wins together due to the poor passing, poor finishing or poor defending. I have tried everything I know about football, which I tend to pride myself on. I have found myself reverting back to FM09 in order to get my fix of the wonderful FM series as I am just not getting the satisfaction from FM10.

What are your thoughts and feelings? Are you in agreement with me or not? What would you suggest to someone who first picks up FM10?

i think you need to have a lot of patient because these game keeps challenging year by year...all you need to do is just to stick with one tactics and try to modify it until it can be suitable for your team..by the way before you're going to start a match, try to spent 2-3 minutes adjusting tactics before play...another option is..get the tactics from the forum...it's worthy...you can try to use 4-4-2 johnyhugs for the beginners....

this game is good for like a week and now im bored which is strange normally with fm i can play for months and months but this one im bored of it allready and i just find myself playing one game then saving and quiting and going to play mw2

i think you need to have a lot of patient because these game keeps challenging year by year...all you need to do is just to stick with one tactics and try to modify it until it can be suitable for your team..by the way before you're going to start a match, try to spent 2-3 minutes adjusting tactics before play...another option is..get the tactics from the forum...it's worthy...you can try to use 4-4-2 johnyhugs for the beginners....

This seems like a good idea too, but I think I might leave FM for a couple of days first just to take a break from. I just hate the fact that I can't get into my favourite series of games. I'll have a look round the tactics forum I think like you've suggested and look for 442 johnyhugs.

this game is good for like a week and now im bored which is strange normally with fm i can play for months and months but this one im bored of it allready and i just find myself playing one game then saving and quiting and going to play mw2

Why do you think that is though? I heard MW2 is a great game too.

dont play it for 2 days... go do something else... and if you find yourself bored... DONT PLAY IT ... I took the time off, reconsidered my tactics and started playing again. It might help... it did for me

I can understand what you are saying mlindqui and the good thing is if I have others games I can play like Fifa 10 or SvR 2010 on the xbox so I can distract myself with them for a couple of days.

I feel for you. I have had similar feeling starting this FM2010. I played with couple of teams and it just didnt work out.. For some of another reason the players did not play how I wanted them to play. Exactly as you described. And I do play since CM 96/97, and never it did happen to me that I was so persistent unsuccessfull. I do tend to adapt my tactics to the strengths of a team, and I mostly manage to get acceptable (deliver expectations) to fantastic results (e.g. 4 CL finals in a row etc)

I am a as some players would say "pick the team with decent players" - FMer, especially when there is a new version and have to explore the game data. This time I did play with PSV (very annoying - couldnt win 3 games in a row although have the quality and normal tactics), Werder Bremen (horrible, could not win 3 games in a row), Fiorentina (you can guess, indeed ...)

As a last resort I started with Man City. I was aware that If I cant make it happen in that team I am a complete idiot. Just to get my self confidence up. And it did work. The team is steaming through the league. Chelsea and Utd games are big fun and the team plays like I want (currently playing 4-5-1, with 1 Def mid, 2 Central Mid, 2 hihg inside forwards and 1 striker).

What I as well did!!! is change to classic tactic in this game. I dont know if it makes a difference?? but you maybe can try that as well and see if it goes better.

I am anyway enjoying the current game. Although its relatively easy.

Wow that is some break through you have made there wackiewim, maybe I should go and manage a bigger team like Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea or whoever and get a feel for the game again, as well as build a new tactic as I go along and try to understand how this game works as well in relation to the tactics.

This brings me onto my next point, has anyone noticed a real difference with the player roles or am I losing all my football sense now?

I've decided that I was being stupid, I'm now really enjoying the game after a couple of days break by starting up a game with a low pressured job with Pro Belvedere Vercelli in the Serie C2/A. I'm enjoying just trying things with the tactics and buying players and developing their roles.

Archived